Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2015, 17:41   #136
BHPian

re: Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!

Congratulations Mr Avinash, a very nicely written review for a nice vehicle, I am considering Creta sx diesel. One thing I want to enquire from you is that, the speed sensing auto door lock feature, as per Hyundai website is available only in top of the line sx-o variant.
Does your Lazarus have it, if not, is there any way to enable it, by software or hardware means in the sx model, speed sensing or time lag enabled auto door lock, when the vehicle starts moving. I think this is a basic safety feature, which should not have been omitted by Hyundai. My 2008 model swift had it, and even the celerio has it.
gsratta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 10:21   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I strongly suggest you to confirm how many pieces for second row and if they can, let them send you actual pictures of these mats.
Will do, Parag. Thanks for the detailed post and the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Does your Lazarus have it, if not, is there any way to enable it, by software or hardware means in the sx model, speed sensing or time lag enabled auto door lock, when the vehicle starts moving.
Something which has been on my mind as well. Let me inquire about this and I shall get back to you.

I think it can be enabled via software, unless the door wiring lacks this particular harness/coupler for engaging it.

---------------------------------------------

I was reminded of posting about the lights of the Creta and their effectiveness in evening/night/dull conditions. Now, I posted an update in the Creta thread about this, but many haven't seen it and I have been receiving many PMs to post about the same.

So here it is:

Evening time.
Lazarus parked in his garage space.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7005.jpg

LED Positioning Lamps lit up.
Note that they are quite effective in dull/evening
conditions, but not that good in bright daylight.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7006.jpg

The LED bulbs lit up inside the headlamp section.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7008.jpg

Close view.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7009.jpg

With the foglamps on. Foglamps are very bright and
have excellent throw, despite their unusual trapezoidal shape.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7010.jpg

From inside the cabin. No lights.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7028.jpg

LED Positioning lamps ON.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7027.jpg

Foglamps ON.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7026.jpg

Foglamps OFF, Projector's Low Beam ON.
Despite being a halogen projector set, the throw is quite bright.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7029.jpg

Foglamps OFF, Projector's High Beam ON.
Unusually bright. Causes some discomfort to incoming drivers.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7030.jpg

How the lit-up rear looks at night.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7043.jpg

Close look at the lit-up tail lamps. Notice the bulbs inside?
The smart detailing outside gives off the look of a pseudo-LED.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7041.jpg

With the brakes pressed.
High-mounted central brake lamp lit up as well.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7047.jpg

Close look at the brake light.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7048.jpg

With the turn indicators glowing.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7051.jpg

Close look at the lit-up turn indicator.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7052.jpg

Reversing lights lit up, when Reverse gear is engaged.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7044.jpg

Close look at the reversing light.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7045.jpg

Front map lights brighten up the cabin quite well.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7038.jpg

Even the central cabin lamp throws a well-spread out light.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7039.jpg

The boot lamp.
Lights up automatically when the boot door is opened,
and shuts down when the boot door is closed.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6971.jpg

Effectiveness of the boot lamp.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7040.jpg

The dashboard section at night.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7012.jpg

Central dash section - Head Unit, FATC & USB/AUX ports below.
Note the Start/Stop button on the right.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7014.jpg

Steering wheel with it's lit up buttons.
Note the headlamp leveller knob on the dash, on the bottom right.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7015.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 14th August 2015 at 10:26.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 22:40   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

UPDATE related to Mileage:

I ran through my second petrol fill-up earlier in the evening today, and this second run yielded 13.64 kmpl.

This was achieved with around 60% of in-city driving, and 40% of highway running, with the FATC on ALL the time.

Also, I noticed that when the Low Fuel Warning came on the ODO, both trip meters remained the same. This means that the Distance-to-Empty conversion of the tripmeter is confined to the SX(O) variant only. (Naveen, please take note!)

Will enquire from the dealership if this feature (and the very useful doors auto-locking at selected speed) can be enabled on a Creta SX+ via a software update.

I shall be driving my Lazarus extensively inside the city for my next run till the next Low Fuel Warning icon lights up. That should give an exact idea of how much the Creta petrol delivers in 100% in-city driving conditions. But overall, I am very satisfied with my machine and it's performance, mileage-wise.

Also, two more updates of note -

1) Received my numberplates earlier in the evening as well, and got them fitted.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_0358.jpg

2) Received my Creta's registration document and Tax Invoice via mail, and that clarifies all doubts regarding the weight (Kerb & Gross) of the Creta.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-untitled.gif

Last edited by RavenAvi : 14th August 2015 at 22:42.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 16:19   #139
MSC
BHPian

Excellent review.
In the current scenario of delayed official review, this should be termed as the unofficial review of Creta in TBHP.
The fuel efficiency of 14-15 kmpl with petrol engine and too a brand new one, is good. With completion of running in and after one or two services, the fuel efficiency is surely going to increase.
Congratulations for a nice purchase.
Happy Motoring.

Last edited by MSC : 15th August 2015 at 16:22.
MSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 21:04   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hello RavenAvi

Congrats for your Creta , i was reading your ownership thread and you have mentioned absence of HID projector . HID 9500 ones can be installed in these projector which comes in fortuner and i have the same Philips HID 9500 in my verna 4s . There is no cutting on projector , it simply plug and play installation .
Could You share a picture of the Projector Headlamps with HID 9500? Planning to install the same once I get my Creta in September
Old 16th August 2015, 10:21   #141

Hi RavenAvi !!! Am a new member and your story just blew me off. Am sure you wouldn't have written such a story even when you got married. It was a sort of Laila Majnu Milan. Wish you millions of miles filled with smiles.
My SX+ petrol also has made me feel great for having got it. Done about a 1000 kms and it's very good. The dealer guys don't have any proper knowledge of the workings of the AVN though.
TVish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 12:40   #142
BHPian

:Great Ownership Review Sir! I have been following your posts from the beginning and have been awestruck by the details you go into. Your Posts Provide a great Perspective to potential buyers and I am happy to say that you have made me one, Getting a SX(O) in September .

Congratulations on Lazarus and wish you many more Happy Miles
nishithrao95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 10:34   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I was reminded of posting about the lights of the Creta and their effectiveness in evening/night/dull conditions. Now, I posted an update in the Creta thread about this, but many haven't seen it and I have been receiving many PMs to post about the same.

So here it is:
Thank you Avi for clicking the various combinations of the lights. Hats off to Hyundai for providing such powerful stock lamps, night driving becomes such a pleasure. Wonder why other OEMs like Mahindra and Honda cannot come up with decent lights even on their flagship models like the XUV and City. Only other OEM lights that I have liked till date is the double-barrel ones on Vista/ Manza.

In the above pictures I could not spot the cornering lamps. Have you already posted those pics earlier. Anyway I would like our moderator community to take a leaf out of your thread and post the various combinations of lights of each and every car that forms a part of the "TBHP Offical Review" section.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 12:17   #144

Hi Lazarus/ Raven.

Just small drive feedback on my Creta SX+ Petrol.
Minor irritants:
1. Each time you start the car, the music system blares with loud music and have not been able to put that off.
2. The AVN when on NAV Mode doesnt help much when you wish to feed the destination address.
3. You need to press the I AGREE on the touch screen each time you start the car.
4. The screen is not visible when in broad daylight sun above your head.

Rest is great. Drive quality is very good. The space is awesome and now i feel my Q 3 is little cramped.
Old 17th August 2015, 16:34   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you very much for all the kind words and wonderful wishes, team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
The fuel efficiency of 14-15 kmpl with petrol engine and too a brand new one, is good. With completion of running in and after one or two services, the fuel efficiency is surely going to increase.
I am sure that in-city driving should give me around 11-12 kmpl, with B2B driving at around 9-10 kmpl. This makes the Creta petrol a pretty frugal machine, vis-a-vis competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
Getting a SX(O) in September.
Congratulations in advance! Do post some snaps of your Creta once you take delivery. I hope you compile an ownership report as well, for the benefit for all prospective SX(O) owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
Could You share a picture of the Projector Headlamps with HID 9500?
+1. I am curious to see them too, Safari_Beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hats off to Hyundai for providing such powerful stock lamps, night driving becomes such a pleasure. Wonder why other OEMs like Mahindra and Honda cannot come up with decent lights even on their flagship models like the XUV and City.
The lights of my 2014 City pale in comparison to the ones on the Creta for sure. There is no real or urgent need to upgrade the headlamps, specially upon taking delivery. One of the better OEM setups provided by a car company in recent times.

Quote:
In the above pictures I could not spot the cornering lamps. Have you already posted those pics earlier.
Cornering lamps captured in action in page 7 of this thread - LINK.

Quote:
Anyway I would like our moderator community to take a leaf out of your thread and post the various combinations of lights of each and every car that forms a part of the "TBHP Offical Review" section.
Usually, our Team-BHP reviews are done during Media Drives conducted by car companies before a new car launch, and thus they are provided with cars for a limited period only. The level of detail they capture within that limited span of time period is absolutely mind-blowing - no amount of detailed initial posts of us owners can match that!

If they could get those new cars for a longer period for testing purposes, I am sure we would see more detailed official reviews, including night visibility and driveability as well. As things stand, the Team-BHP official reviews are still THE stellar benchmark amongst all reviews in automobile websites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVish View Post
Minor irritants:
1. Each time you start the car, the music system blares with loud music and have not been able to put that off.
2. The AVN when on NAV Mode doesnt help much when you wish to feed the destination address.
3. You need to press the I AGREE on the touch screen each time you start the car.
1. Press the Power button once (on the Top Right), to shut down the Audio-Video-USB-Radio-Aux source(s). A small notification on top of the display screen "AV off" will be shown. Now, every time you start the car, only the Navigation/Maps will start.
To disable the Head Unit completely, press and hold (long-press) the power button - the blue Hyundai screen will come on for a bit and then the screen will turn off completely.

2. Exact street addresses cannot be fed directly into the NAV's address system. It will show you the closest location to the street address you want. In-depth detail of a particular city you want to visit will be enabled only when you reach the outskirts of that particular city. Otherwise, you can access the main landmarks of the chosen city only.

3. Yes, unfortunately. It is a safety feature and a reminder of not to watch the display screen when the car is in motion, so you have to go through this every time you start the car.

4. Under very bright sunlight, it's visibility is limited slightly. But I am able to make things out easily under greyish skies. Toggle the headlamp switch once to activate the LED positioning lamps, and the screen of the HU will switch automatically to "Night" mode from "Day" mode. That should make things easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
2) If you have stored addresses in your navigation, everytime you pass that point, there a reminder stating you have reached your marked point. Any way to bypass this? It's irritating since I have stored my home and office address.
Found a solution to this, Naveen.

When you start your Creta the next time, let the HU load until the map is showing. Click on the Navigation button on the middle left of the HU (over the Settings button), and in the screen that follows, click on "Cancel Route". All done!

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-1398748d1438610874lazarus2015hyundaicretasx16lpetroldiscoveringmytruecallimg_7093.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-1398749d1438610874lazarus2015hyundaicretasx16lpetroldiscoveringmytruecallimg_7192.jpg

Also, keep the "History" section of the NAV as clean as possible. This also helps.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-1398750d1438610874lazarus2015hyundaicretasx16lpetroldiscoveringmytruecallimg_7206.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-1398759d1438611104lazarus2015hyundaicretasx16lpetroldiscoveringmytruecallimg_7289.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 17th August 2015 at 16:36.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 12:09   #146
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVish View Post
Hi Lazarus/ Raven.

Just small drive feedback on my Creta SX+ Petrol.
Minor irritants:
1. In the Settings section there is a Start Volume for Music and also the Mobile connection. Set it lower.
3. It is an irritant.
4. Try increasing the brightness a bit.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 16:06   #147

Thanks RavenAvi

Have tried doing that volume thing. Seems to have come down. The volume I mean. The maps and audio navigation is not as efficient as google maps though. It's still very gross and sort of crude and unpolished.
Old 20th August 2015, 12:14   #148
BHPian

RavenAvi,

Question for you. A lot of guys are upgrading their hatches (Swift etc) to Creta, or considering it. We are in the same boat. We were initially thinking of Ecosport as it is a more manageable size.

How easy (or difficult) is it to maneuver the Creta in narrow streets, and I mean really narrow with auto rickshaws, rickshaws, cycles, bikes, all over the place.

Our town can look something like this. This is a photo from the web of Kalimpong, a town nearby...small towns here are usually like this in peak traffic.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-traffic.jpg
Old 20th August 2015, 16:10   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
A lot of guys are upgrading their hatches (Swift etc) to Creta, or considering it. We are in the same boat. We were initially thinking of Ecosport as it is a more manageable size.

How easy (or difficult) is it to maneuver the Creta in narrow streets, and I mean really narrow with auto rickshaws, rickshaws, cycles, bikes, all over the place.
Quite easy.

I have been doing runs inside my city into bylanes, narrow streets littered with broken roads, potholes and sudden speed-breakers, and I am happy to report that the Creta is quite easy to maneuver through narrow lanes. Even parked cycles & bikes are of not much problem. The light steering helps, as does it's compact footprint.

If it's really, really narrow, then like most cars, you will have to brake and honk - no other option! Seriously though, the Creta is quite good in this aspect.

Also, the Creta comes with quite a generous turn radius which helps immensely to turn around from one corner of the road to another. Many-a-time I have turned around easily, in one swift stroke.

To give you an idea of the Creta's width, this is the parking space where Lazarus is parked in my home. The marble step on our front door takes up around one-and-half feet of space, and the columns on the other side take about a foot's space. That leaves around 8½-9 feet of space (in width) inside the garage section for Lazarus to enter and park himself.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150820_160148.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150820_160200.jpg

Snug fit, with ample space on driver's side to hop out as well.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 17:44   #150
Senior - BHPian

Excellent mileage you are getting from the Creta. It will shame some of Hyundai's own small cars. I had to coax and cajole my Civic to get 11-12 kmpl in the city.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks