Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2015, 18:12   #16
BHPian

Re: The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
Search for a small-big car
Congratulations VPrabhu
Great choice Sir. The car looks fabulous. wish you many happy and safe miles. I like the way of you have created customized floor mats and i am sure it requires an expert and precise measurement. But isn't it a dust magnet? I personally feel something like 3D mats are more useful where the dust can be thrown off the car as in long run, these mats tend to suck in dust and don't get rid of it quickly.
I too went for a TD for the car but eventually ended up booking the i20. The Jazz has a great charm but i was not very convinced on the long term reliability factor. I hope I am wrong about this perception. Wish u luck. thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 19:08   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Opened the door and got in. That was the Eureka moment, when I felt that "this is it" feeling.
Congrats on your new car Prabu. I too own an A-star that is 4.5 years old. And I too, always consider the Honda Jazz as the preferred upgrade, owing to the space that it offers, which the A-star doesn't.

Also, after owning an A-star that squeezes between gaps in traffic, I never liked driving my dad's sedan (I learnt driving in a Ford Ikon and A-star was my first hatch that I bought after 4 years of 'driving age').

The Jazz is a perfect upgrade!. I am saving up for an upgrade that would mostly be in the second half of next year

Last edited by dheepak10 : 6th August 2015 at 19:34. Reason: correcting some ambuiguity
Old 6th August 2015, 19:55   #18
BHPian

Congrats Prabhu sir on your new acquisition.

A friend of mine is in process of finalizing between Jazz and i20 while this news about Creta and S-Cross came along.

The pricing of S-cross helped in removing the confusion and got ruled out.

So between i20 and Jazz after lot of deliberation, finalized on Jazz. I pointed him to your thread and was very pleased to read your balanced analysis.

Kudos to you.

Cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 20:04   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase ! I wish the Jazz had been released last year becuase if it had been then it would have been in my garage onstead of the brio. :( And I agree that the VX trim seems more plush than the others. Unfortunate that you had to give up on the comfort of an automatic to get the MAgic Seats. I had mentioned the same to the service advisor when I had gone to check out the car.

As one Honda owner to another- Here's to wising you loads of trouble free Honda miles !

OT: Please do bring your silver princess to the next Chennai TBHP meet so that i can admire her in flesh
Old 6th August 2015, 21:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
The noodle mats are not a welcome in any car. It increases the normal mat thickness which all manufacturers take into account. I know cases were warranty rejections has happened due to this related to very early clutch failure etc etc. .
Early clutch failure related to noodle mats? What could possibly be the relatonship?by how many MMs would these mats increase thickness in relation to any other mats? When you keep your foot on the mats the noodles tend to flatten too.I have these mats in my xylo since 3 years and can vouch for their usefullness.They trap dust and prevent it from flying and hence help the a/c filter to an extent.Keeping the window glasses up 100% of the time with A/c on should make the filter last for a long long time and also reduce discoloration of roof lining and seat fabric.

BTW, Congrats on your purchase and Nice review, something I was waiting to read.

Last edited by srinivaspai : 6th August 2015 at 21:22.
Old 6th August 2015, 21:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivaspai View Post
Early clutch failure related to noodle mats? What could possibly be the relatonship?by how many MMs would these mats increase thickness in relation to any other mats? When you keep your foot on the mats the noodles tend to flatten too.I have these mats in my xylo since 3 years and can vouch for their usefullness.They trap dust and prevent it from flying and hence help the a/c filter to an extent.Keeping the window glasses up 100% of the time with A/c on should make the filter last for a long long time and also reduce discoloration of roof lining and seat fabric.

BTW, Congrats on your purchase and Nice review, something I was waiting to read.
Thanks. As I mentioned of all the mats I have used, Noodle mats seem the best so far. The car remains clean as the dust / dirt gets settled at the bottom and they dont fly around. The 3D mats became slippery with slush and water. Especially after service, the guys would apply some cleaner and it would make it even more dangerous. However, since it appears clean, people should remember to keep it clean. I still need to figure out proper wet-cleaning them (like shampoo wash) types.

I am not sure how the mats can cause clutch failures and other issues.
Old 6th August 2015, 21:58   #22
BHPian

Thank you very much for the useful review . I am sure it will shed some light to prospective buyers who are confused (like me) between i20 and Jazz.
Old 6th August 2015, 22:20   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
still need to figure out proper wet-cleaning them (like shampoo wash) types.
Best use for these mats is in rains as the car floor is practically dry even after many passengers go in and out in pouring rains as water gets trapped in the noodles.
Best way to clean noodle mats is to pour liquid soap or detergent into a bucket and make good foam and pour the foam on the mat and brush to get good foam on the surface and finally use pressurised water and get a good clean.keep vertically for about 30 minutes for all moisture to drain off. This process is best done at a car wash station if you dont have pressure equipment at home.I use bosch pressure wash equipment at home for the process and get a super clean mat every time.blowing dry air after wash also clears the moisture fast.

Last edited by srinivaspai : 6th August 2015 at 22:27.
Old 6th August 2015, 23:05   #24
BHPian

Some more photos of the beauty as requested by adimicra.

Interiors in broad daylight

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0654.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0656.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0663.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0657.jpg

Lights / Rear LEDs

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-11853892_10207601864632873_308177539_n.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-11823919_10207601864552871_1568851405_n.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-11830173_10207601864832878_160931958_n.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-11830681_10207601864712875_651239804_n.jpg

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-11844076_10207601864392867_1567862193_n.jpg

The Wallpaper

The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol-img_0572-1.jpg
vprabu is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 01:23   #25
BHPian

A mighty congrats on the super purchase! Even better you went with the vtec. Just load her up with some slick new rubber, swap the headlamps and speakers and you're set my friend. Wishing you long, happy miles. Crack on!
Old 7th August 2015, 07:15   #26

Congratulations on the new machine Sir!
It was a good read since you combined facts, practicality and your driving philosophy...all very crisply so!

I have been wanting to do the noodle floor mat exercise for long! You have made it look so simple. Will try it out the next time am in Chennai.

As Soichiro Honda famously quoted "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred" , may your Jazz stir your soul every time you spin it. Enjoy the Honda!
josephnishanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 09:10   #27
BHPian

Very nice car, great review and really nice photos many of which are wallpaper quality.

Wish the rear lights light all the way up and also wish they had kept the magic seats on all trims as well. Other than these wish list items this looks like the best combination of space and features.

Have fun with the Jazz and do keep updating the thread with your ownership experience.
Old 7th August 2015, 10:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivaspai View Post

The clutch pedal would not be fully pressed causing this. Can you guess the number of times you engage the clutch every day even if the trips are short (shorter the trip the more you use them). And the justification for dust is a wrong perception that the mat holds them down. The fine dust particles are always in the air. Since you are used to that environment you don't realize it. The vehicles using these mats as well as vinyl flooring has more tendency for cooling coil failure. I have seen these mostly in Maruti products particularly Altos.
I have been advising many people on this at my work place also.
Take it or leave it.
Old 7th August 2015, 11:07   #29
BHPian

Lovely car no doubt. There are engine tuning option for the petrol as well? Will it void the warranty? The car looks way more better than the previous generation and the space inside rivals cars in the segment even above that. I heard the diesel was noisy (as usual), you tried that?

Hey, I been meaning to buy that same mat/material from 3M but they are pretty expensive. What do you call that material? Not sure if they have them here but it does seem way more reasonable (and for me to cover 3 cars from 3M, not a cost effective option!)

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 7th August 2015 at 11:09.
Old 7th August 2015, 11:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

With due respect to everyone, I feel the discussion of noodle mats should not become the focal point of an ownership thread.
I am sure there are better threads/sub-forums in team bhp to discuss about mats.
My 2 cents!

prabu,
not sure about how you are running in your car. I don't believe that you should always drive with a light right foot during running in period.
I would advise you to ensure that you rev your car well enough ..take it ti 5000 rpm for a short duration (a minute or so) once in a while (not in 1st and 2nd gear - 300 rpm in 2nd gear should be fine)
In fact, I feel my Jazz has better acceleration than some of the other Jazz's I have driven (might be a perception as well)

Last edited by adimicra : 7th August 2015 at 11:12.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks