Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2015, 11:32   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Lovely car no doubt. There are engine tuning option for the petrol as well? Will it void the warranty? The car looks way more better than the previous generation and the space inside rivals cars in the segment even above that. I heard the diesel was noisy (as usual), you tried that?

Hey, I been meaning to buy that same mat/material from 3M but they are pretty expensive. What do you call that material? Not sure if they have them here but it does seem way more reasonable (and for me to cover 3 cars from 3M, not a cost effective option!)

There are engine tuning options for Petrol as well and yes, it will void the warranty. I did a TD of Diesel and its NVH levels are a bit high to some people's liking. Especially, if you are used to just Petrol, you may not like it. However, it is amazing to drive with tremendous amount of power at your foot tap.

Regarding the mats, the mats are called as Nomad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
prabu,
not sure about how you are running in your car. I don't believe that you should always drive with a light right foot during running in period.
I would advise you to ensure that you rev your car well enough ..take it ti 5000 rpm for a short duration (a minute or so) once in a while (not in 1st and 2nd gear - 300 rpm in 2nd gear should be fine)
In fact, I feel my Jazz has better acceleration than some of the other Jazz's I have driven (might be a perception as well)

I have not pushed the car beyond 3500 rpm mark yet and interestingly, I could not find engine run-in period in the manual. I will give it a try soon.
Old 7th August 2015, 14:32   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
The boot was small that she could not buy the plants she always wanted...... Overall score: 9/10. My Wife score: 10/10 (a must when you want trouble free long drives and ownership experiences ). She has already called up the nursery and working out a weekend trip to pick up pots, manure and plants. I am bit worried about soiling the new car and cleaning.
Dear vprabu, welcome to the Jazz Plant Transporters Club. Your membership badge of honour is in the mail. Members often discover they also soon get an award from the Happy Wives Club Thank you for your crisp brief but highly informative review. Congratulations on your new buy - lovely choice of colour. Wish you many happy miles and your wife many happy hours of gardening. My wife (mis(uses) my poor Jazz all the time with her plants! Over the years I have owned and driven many cars. The Honda Jazz is the one which has required least maintenance and least oversight of them all. Sometimes I think I should keep my Jazz (2010) for a further 25 years till the end of my driving days.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 14:55   #33
BHPian

Quick update on the 1st service.

The car has clocked 1405kms in less than 15 days. I had called up the Honda for the pick up service and later decided against it. I wanted to go in person to see how their facilities are and also meet with their service guys and glance their accessories department. Plus, I would also TD the diesel to post my views here.

Dropped the car at the service drop area and I could see at least 20 cars are already in the queue. The service reception immediately assigned an advisor who was quick enough to check the car to take it in. I had only one complaint that the car was delivered without windshield washing liquid topped up and he has ensured that everything will be taken care of. I also told him to check on how to enable the central locking. I need to lock it using the lock on the driver side.

Diesel TD feedback

I decided to wait and pick it up and the time estimate given to me was 2 hrs. Now went to the sales to book the test drive of the diesel VX trim. The TD drive car was dirty inside with tons of sand on the mats. it seems they were using it like a cargo truck to get the fuel, deliver cool drinks etc.

Turned on the ignition, and as expected the i-DTEC engine was loud. Petrol and diesel are in total contrast in the NVH. When the car started moving, the noise became louder even more. However, what put a smile on my face was the drivability and the power. Simply superb. When I say louder, the noise is still on the lower side than the Amaze and little bit on the higher side compared to Elite i20. Hyundai fans have a reason to cheer up.

The FE figures are very impressive and in my opinion, one should get at least 20-22 kmpl. Let us wait and see what the owners come out with.

Accessories Department

Quickly visited the accessories department. Very untidy and the guys were just having pastime. Asked the guys for replacement horn and the answer was the usual one "since the car is new we dont have any of its accessories sir". They only had the seat cover for Rs.9500. They dont even have the armrest on display (Rs.16500)

Delivery on time

Since the time was close to 2 hrs, I quickly called up my advisor who assured that car is almost ready. The windshield liquid is now topped up and tested. Regarding the central lock, it cannot be programmed / added with that feature. Honda should look into this seriously.

Some people from Honda Jazz forum in FB were asking me to check on the addition remote lock/unlock fob / key. The service people did not have an answer on how much extra it is going to be. I think it will take sometime for things to get settled.

Overall, the service experience is good and nothing to crib on. Car was delivered as per the committed time and cleaned well.

General Observations (not related to Honda alone)

I seriously wonder why car showrooms of A,B,C segment cars are poorly maintained, dirty and untidy, with people walking all over, noisy and sadly furnished. I got the feeling today and Honda should take care of this aspect seriously. Imagine how will a CR-V customer would walk-in and feel happy? For that matter why would any customer be not treated a king when he walks in for buying the entry level hatch?

I have visited VW, Audi, Merc, BMW showrooms and they are awesome. Clean, excellent dress code for the sales people. Refreshments within 5-10 minutes. Are these be only provided to the luxury segment? I think every customer loves cleanliness.
vprabu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 15:09   #34
BHPian

Vprabu:

Congratulations on the new Jazz. Looks like you seriously waited till Honda brought it back...

The pictures are really nice, especially the ones taken on the side of the road, with the scenic background. This current avatar of the Jazz is quite the looker, and your pictures confirm it further.

I'm sure your space woe's are history now, and the rest of the family must be happy with the leg-room.

Enjoy you Jazz!
virtualdanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 15:52   #35
BHPian

Hi Vprabu,

Congrats on your new Jazz and that is an excellent review. Nice Silver color makes the curves and creases on the car look more prominent. My friend was in similar dilemma after coming across negative comments on the Jazz. But the sheer comfort and practicality of the Jazz is unbeatable by its rivals and he finally booked the Jazz.

Can you please update on the fuel efficiency?
Old 7th August 2015, 18:47   #36
BHPian

Congrats! Color looks good. Thanks for sharing the details on noodles mat.

Quote:
Toolkits and Spare tire
Spare wheel is a 14" as against 15" and the spare tire is MRF. Thankfully, the stock tires are Bridgestone (175/65R15)
Not sure if it was already discussed, but a different branded spare tyre on a smaller sized wheel? Hope its not from someone's Amaze. I might have missed if it was mentioned in the Official review but otherwise, please take a quick look on other cars in the showroom to make sure someone did not play a dirty trick.

Edit: It no more looks to have premium interiors and those keys!

Last edited by ganesc : 7th August 2015 at 18:53.
Old 7th August 2015, 22:45   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Congrats! Color looks good. Thanks for sharing the details on noodles mat.

Not sure if it was already discussed, but a different branded spare tyre on a smaller sized wheel? Hope its not from someone's Amaze. I might have missed if it was mentioned in the Official review but otherwise, please take a quick look on other cars in the showroom to make sure someone did not play a dirty trick.

Edit: It no more looks to have premium interiors and those keys!
Thanks. The spare is smaller. It seems Honda started following its international practices here too. Jazz comes with 3 tire options. Michellin, Bridgestone, Good Year. I got Bridgestones. Spare is MRF. Even some magazine reviews have mentioned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
Hi Vprabu,

Congrats on your new Jazz and that is an excellent review. Nice Silver color makes the curves and creases on the car look more prominent. My friend was in similar dilemma after coming across negative comments on the Jazz. But the sheer comfort and practicality of the Jazz is unbeatable by its rivals and he finally booked the Jazz.

Can you please update on the fuel efficiency?
My FE figures are a bit mixed. On highways I got around 16.9/17kmpl. Within city limits it is around 14.5kmpl. Again it varies. But I expect 14kmpl on an average.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th August 2015 at 11:36. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature to quote and respond to multiple posts.
Old 8th August 2015, 11:12   #38
BHPian

Hi vprabhu,

Congratulations on a brilliant car and a matching review to that. Many people have been judging the car for what it does not have. But it is an amazing car for what it does have.
From a fellow jazz admirer looking to get the Jazz on the same trim , the car is a looker.
I put my car purchase on hold last year just to wait for the Jazz.

Wish you many happy miles ahead.
akhil994 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 16:58   #39
BHPian

I don't understand what you mean by no central locking offered. As you have yourself said, by locking the driver's door all the door's lock. Isn't that considered central locking? I hope you're not referring to a separate button for locking/unlocking the doors, because the fact that the driver's door locks all doors means the same as central locking
Old 9th August 2015, 17:43   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
I don't understand what you mean by no central locking offered. As you have yourself said, by locking the driver's door all the door's lock. Isn't that considered central locking? I hope you're not referring to a separate button for locking/unlocking the doors, because the fact that the driver's door locks all doors means the same as central locking
Thanks for pointing it out. I was about to make that correction. Unfortunately, could not edit the post. It was supposed to be 'auto-lock' feature. Once the car starts moving, the doors do not lock automatically. The driver needs to lock it manually with a lock under his door lever. No separate button provided too.
Old 11th August 2015, 18:57   #41
BHPian

@vprabhu,

Many congratulations about your small-big car purchase!

I can see your concern about the auto-lock. I got my Alto kitted with remote lock as an accessory during my purchase, even that comes along with a speed sensing auto lock. Honda should have studied the market very well about the features that are considered mandatory by the users and equipped their trims accordingly.

By the way, I am surprised you were able to get your delivery just in 4 days!

Many Regards.
Old 11th August 2015, 20:26   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
@vprabhu,

Many congratulations about your small-big car purchase!

I can see your concern about the auto-lock. I got my Alto kitted with remote lock as an accessory during my purchase, even that comes along with a speed sensing auto lock. Honda should have studied the market very well about the features that are considered mandatory by the users and equipped their trims accordingly.

By the way, I am surprised you were able to get your delivery just in 4 days!

Many Regards.
Agree. However, I heard that even Amaze and Mobilio do not have auto locking features, mainly due to the parts re-use across platforms. Honda basically upped its production of Jazz anticipating huge demand after the launch. They did not want frustrated customers like they had for Mobilio, I think.

Nowadays, the wait time is more for some trims of petrol, CVT.
Old 11th August 2015, 20:32   #43
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

^^

I am not sure why manufacturers are not providing this simple n useful feature. It was there in my 10 year old Santro! Even the feature rich I20 doesnt have it.Also, I don't see it mentioned in cars like the Swift and the Polo. Only the City and Verna top variants have it.
Old 11th August 2015, 21:37   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
^^
Also, I don't see it mentioned in cars like the Swift and the Polo.
Speed sensitive locking is very much present in the Swift.
Old 11th August 2015, 22:39   #45
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijjuvk View Post
Speed sensitive locking is very much present in the Swift.
I may be wrong but I checked here ..

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/swift.aspx#specfic_rebrn

I don't see anything mentioned here.
Maruti doesn't even forget to mention the tiniest of features..it's surprising that they missed this one. Or, am I missing something here? Anyways, sorry for going off-topic.Let's get back to the Jazz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks