Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2015, 13:39   #76
BHPian

Re: The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
@vprabhu - can you post a pic of how you play music using Bluetooth to Jazz AVN? Do we need to purchase any separate adapter?
My sincere apologies for the delayed response. It is very simple and no need to buy anything extra. The AVN is already capable of BT music (A2DP profile). Follow the steps:

1. Pair the phone
2. Go to Bluetooth and select BT music
3. Go back to your phone and starts playing music
4. If you have already played music, you can directly hit the play button right from BT music option to continue the playback

Hope this helps!
Old 7th December 2015, 12:34   #77
BHPian

[quote=vprabu;3782541]Ordered my Arm Rest from Ali Express on 31st July. It costed me $36. It took nearly 20 days and landed at my door steps today. It took 15 minutes to fix it and here are the pictures.

Overall I like the quality of the plastic and definitely value for money. Easy to install. Plug and play design. I didn't not pay any customs duty for this.

@vprabhu, Now that you have had it for a while, is it still niggle-free? Fits perfectly still? What is the PU leather material finish like? I'll probably be going for this if it's good enough for you still
Old 8th December 2015, 12:18   #78
BHPian

[quote=hershlulla;3864202]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
Ordered my Arm Rest from Ali Express on 31st July. It costed me $36. It took nearly 20 days and landed at my door steps today. It took 15 minutes to fix it and here are the pictures.

Overall I like the quality of the plastic and definitely value for money. Easy to install. Plug and play design. I didn't not pay any customs duty for this.

@vprabhu, Now that you have had it for a while, is it still niggle-free? Fits perfectly still? What is the PU leather material finish like? I'll probably be going for this if it's good enough for you still
It is still doing great. Only issue I faced so far on a couple of occasions was that people accidentally lifted the lid forcibly that it made the armrest topple at the back, dumping its contents on the rear floor. So I applied the 3M tapes at the bottom and now it is glued. When I dont want it, I can always pull it off with some force to disconnect it from the base.

Hope this helps.
Old 8th December 2015, 13:06   #79
BHPian

@vprabhu - have you started to feel those dashboard niggle sounds or from any other location when driven over un-even roads? Does it still have the same pin-drop silence cabin?
Old 14th January 2016, 09:53   #80
Senior - BHPian

@vprabhu-How is the Tablet mount performing? I am on the look out for a tablet mount for my 8 " Lenovo Tab.
Old 14th January 2016, 11:45   #81
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Feedback on the ANJ VX AVN receiver:
1. Phone - It is not good in phone calls (no mute button). Sometimes crashes and reboots. Since the mic is close to A/c vents, higher fan speed results in noise on the other side. V models feature mic near the map lights and that could be a better option. Call history sync is weird at times. Need to download the phone book again at times
2. Navigation - Not many landmarks available. Searching is very difficult. Less intuitive. When it works, it is good. I would prefer Google over this any day due to live traffic updates and frequent map updates that includes diversions and one-ways.
3. Radio - Good signal reception. Save option erases all your presets and has a brain of its own I am still unable to figure this out.
4. Disc - Never used it till date. Will use it for tablet mount, most probably
5. USB - 16GB USB 2.0, windows formatted containing 9GB of songs takes around 5 minutes to load. Not usable. Loads every time the ignition is turned on. Cannot even do, 'Random' properly. After selecting the second song, it stops.
6. iPod - No cribs here. Standard interface and works great. But keeping the iPod up-to-date with latest songs is a challenge and is tougher than a small USB pen drive. Thanks to iTunes way of sync.
7. EQ - Good and not great.
8. Bluetooth - Cannot choose two different devices, one for calls and the other for music. In my case both the devices these options. I will try it with iPad and see if I can use my iPhone for calls and iPad for music
9. BT music - Good. Works with 3rd players on the tabs (more of Tab's features use BT)
10. Aux - Since the cables are inside the glove box, this option is useless
The players more than one hand and brain to control :-):-)
Overall, I would rate this ** (out of 5). Requesting owners of non-VX model to post their feedback on their units.
In Honda City S, the AUX outlet is on the dash so you can have an AUX cable from the dash to the phone. However the bluetooth and speakers are not upto the mark. Bluetooth doesn't do directions while music is playing and the speakers sound muddy. I might go for just a speaker upgrade, without changing the HU. Any suggestions for good speakers, that will fit in the OEM slots? By the way, did you face an issue with the stereo getting reset yet?
Old 14th January 2016, 12:37   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
In Honda City S, the AUX outlet is on the dash so you can have an AUX cable from the dash to the phone. However the bluetooth and speakers are not upto the mark. Bluetooth doesn't do directions while music is playing and the speakers sound muddy. I might go for just a speaker upgrade, without changing the HU. Any suggestions for good speakers, that will fit in the OEM slots? By the way, did you face an issue with the stereo getting reset yet?
The OEM speakers are definitely good if you play music from pen drive, iPod etc. Did not feel the need to upgrade. If you still want it, I recommend consulting some audio people to see if you need to go for AV receiver upgrade as well. Try component speakers with some good amp. Otherwise, if you are tight on budget, try some good Alpine speakers.

Did not face any issues on the AVN as yet.
Old 16th February 2016, 16:35   #83
BHPian

Quote:
The OEM speakers are definitely good if you play music from pen drive, iPod etc. Did not feel the need to upgrade. If you still want it, I recommend consulting some audio people to see if you need to go for AV receiver upgrade as well. Try component speakers with some good amp. Otherwise, if you are tight on budget, try some good Alpine speakers.

Did not face any issues on the AVN as yet.
Any tips on how to connect an iPhone 6 (lightning port), the cable allows only an older 30pin connector?
Old 16th February 2016, 16:48   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Any tips on how to connect an iPhone 6 (lightning port), the cable allows only an older 30pin connector?
The lightning port goes into the iPhone. The other end for both the 30 pin and lightning cables is the standard jack that can be plugged into any USB port. So, should not be a problem!

Since this is the VX that we are talking about, one can make use of an adapter that should be available online for a few 100 bucks.

Sample

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 16th February 2016 at 16:52.
Old 6th April 2016, 13:47   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Ordered my Arm Rest from Ali Express on 31st July. It costed me $36. It took nearly 20 days and landed at my door steps today. It took 15 minutes to fix it and here are the pictures.

Honda charges Rs.16000 for this as part of the accessories. Not worth it.

I have just one query about this, does the armrest pad slide forward and backward like the Honda one does?
Old 6th April 2016, 14:02   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I have just one query about this, does the armrest pad slide forward and backward like the Honda one does?
Yes, it slides back and forth. However, being light weight the sliding friction is a bit less to our liking. But it is definitely a good VFM.
vprabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:20   #87
BHPian

Quote:
This armrest is made for Honda Jazz 2015 and hence it has enough clearance to use the hand brakes. The arm rest top can be slid back just in case you find it difficult to reach the hand brake. Since it fits perfectly into the cubby holes, literally no shakes. Some arm rests are fitted through the screws and they tend to be shaky while resting your hand on top. Depending on the generation of Jazz, the bottom portion changes for the plug and play.

The Ali Express link here.

Hello VPrabu, I have taken delivery of my Jazz V petrol last friday & after going through your review & this thread planned to order the arm rest from the link posted, but looks like the link is either broken or its not available. Would be highly helpful if you let us know the model no for this particular arm rest so that I can look at it & purchase.

TIA
Venki
Old 2nd May 2016, 13:38   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
Hello VPrabu, I have taken delivery of my Jazz V petrol last friday & after going through your review & this thread planned to order the arm rest from the link posted, but looks like the link is either broken or its not available. Would be highly helpful if you let us know the model no for this particular arm rest so that I can look at it & purchase.

TIA
Venki
You can search for the ANJ Arm Rest in AliExpress. The sellers keep posting new items once the old ones get sold out. Now the price is $47 I think. When I ordered it was $36. Good luck.
vprabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 19:52   #89

hey everyone! Been driving this beauty for almost an year now. The vtec version to be precise. No other issues other than the low rpm torque which apparently is an universal issue with the sub 10 lac petrol cars in India. So correct me if I am wrong, what I do on an incline is to heel and toe the gas and brake, hold the rpm till 2.5-3k before suddenly engaging the clutch and off the brakes. Not fool proof but works 60% of the time. Is this a good practice or am I doing anything wrong? I hate it when the tax conscious 1.2L petrol motor gets out of breath at lower rpms. So I disengage the clutch and build up the rpm a little bit. Also almost all of my downshifts are rev matched (A habit I had with my Santro in which a blip on the throttle made all the difference while shifting down, but not on the new Jazz. A blip does nothing).
So what you guys think? Am I hurting the clutch or the car in any way? Thanks in advance! Cheers
Old 10th July 2016, 10:05   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujit_as7 View Post
No other issues other than the low rpm torque which apparently is an universal issue with the sub 10 lac petrol cars in India.
I think the better option to start from still on a slope is to engage the hand brake , gear in neutral and foot off the clutch. Start off with 1st gear and pres accelerator slowly to build RPM, and when you feel the engine tugging on the handbrake release it to move forward. However this works only for starting from standstill and if you need to crawl forward uphill then you have no option but to slip the clutch and find a opportunity when you need to stop and use hand brake to cool down the clutch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks