Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2015, 15:47   #46
BHPian

Re: The Soulful Honda Jazz VX Petrol

A big hello to all fellow petrol heads.

Congratulations to vprabu sir from a fellow Jazz owner. I took delivery of my silver Jazz VX MT on the 1st of August. This is my first vehicle (drove my dad's WagonR for the past 2 years). Looking forward to interacting with you and all other Jazz owners in future.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 13th August 2015 at 16:06. Reason: Grammatical errors
Flanker99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 18:26   #47
BHPian

Jazz is a car that can encourage a lot of cross shopping. It is as spacious as a big car inside (can beat almost all entry level sedans and even the Creta/S-Cross), as small and cheap as an elite i20, will drive decent enough.

In fact, I was surprised that Amaze still sold in July sales figures. Hopefully, Amaze numbers will tank out in August.
opendro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 22:20   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Jazz is a car that can encourage a lot of cross shopping. It is as spacious as a big car inside (can beat almost all entry level sedans and even the Creta/S-Cross), as small and cheap as an elite i20, will drive decent enough.

In fact, I was surprised that Amaze still sold in July sales figures. Hopefully, Amaze numbers will tank out in August.
You are right. Amaze took a dent and it seems there is a steep decline in its bookings. So, Honda is announcing discounts and exchange offers on contrary to their "no offers" policy. In addition, Ford Aspire might steal some buyers too.
Old 14th August 2015, 09:16   #49
BHPian

Are you sure there is no speed sensitive auto-lock? The Team-BHP official review does mention it is there. May be you need to enable it?

From
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3748386

Quote:
• Finally gets speed-sensitive auto locking doors! Something that was sorely missed in my Jazz.
Old 14th August 2015, 12:02   #50
BHPian

I observed a pecularity in the AVN system my VX vprabu sir. Wanted to know if you also observed something similar.

When you start the system for the very first time, isn't the boot up time rather long? (as compared to a tablet perhaps) Also once the Honda logo disappears and the caution note appears isn't the touch response (while clicking OK) rather sluggish? (multiple touch inputs required)

Although after the main screen appears, from where we can select from various options like navigation and music source, the sluggishness disappears and the touch response also improves.
Old 14th August 2015, 15:13   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
I observed a pecularity in the AVN system my VX vprabu sir. Wanted to know if you also observed something similar.

When you start the system for the very first time, isn't the boot up time rather long? (as compared to a tablet perhaps) Also once the Honda logo disappears and the caution note appears isn't the touch response (while clicking OK) rather sluggish? (multiple touch inputs required)

Although after the main screen appears, from where we can select from various options like navigation and music source, the sluggishness disappears and the touch response also improves.
When the system boots up, the caution notice is shown for at least a few minutes. During this time, the OK button is greyed out and after a couple of minutes, the button gets enabled. This could be due to the compulsory notice that these vendors have to put up or may be due to the system's low processing power, it takes a while to initialize all its sub components.

At the time of the delivery, I found the system to be sluggish and I recalibrated it. Things improved since then. However, the touch buttons have to be pressed at a certain angle and it takes some time understand its behaviour.

One important observation with respect to USB pen drive support:

1. The pen drives have to be formatted in windows machine. Strictly no Mac. For lower capacities, below 4GB Mac should be fine. Above this capacity, NO
2. Do not use USB 3.0. The system does not read the USB 3.0 drives even if they are formatted in Windows and files are more than 4GB in size. Less than 4GB, things are fine
3. So always use, USB 2.0 pen drives and format them in Windows.
4. 8GB pen drive takes at least 2-3 minutes for reading.
5. Pen drives around 32GB will take for ever
6. The system has to load (read) the pen drive contents again every time the ignition is on.
7. So, keeping the size to 4GB and keeping multiple pen drives is definitely a better option.
8. As per the manual, the maximum supported capacity is 32GB.
vprabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 16:42   #52
MSC
BHPian

Excellent first review of the Honda Jazz.
1. As you said, cables in glove box are surely annoying. They might provide a bag to put cables bit still it looks cheap.
2. All Hondas have nice meter consoles. The one in Jazz resembles the one of City.
3. Honda has always been known for good fuel efficiency and your fuel consumption figures reflect the same.
Happy Motoring.
Old 15th August 2015, 17:34   #53
BHPian

Took TD of a petrol variant with family. Loved the space on offer & high seating position. The engine though extremely refined, felt under powered to me. The rear seat was more comfortable than my Verna, opined my wife who took the rear seat. Diesel should be adequately powerful. Tried the diesel stationery to test the engine noise, revved it, but did not find it to be a deal breaker. TD would have been more revealing. If NVH is acceptable then I feel diesel is the best buy. It's a City sans the boot, which can not be said about the petrol. Magic seats are simply terrific. This is one car which fits in almost in any occasion & that too at an affordable price. Any one having TDied both petrol & diesel, please compare the power & NVH.

Cheers
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 10:55   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
Search for a small-big car
Wonderful report!!!

Did u also consider Diesel option? or petrol was based on daily commuting?

I am planning to book one..but confused between diesel and petrol options.

my daily commute will be around 35-50 km with occasional long drive to hometown.

Internet is full of articles on recovery time of diesel premium, resale value etc..
Request your inputs on this.

Did I say that the clouds have added stunning effects to the photos!!

Last edited by Sarmaji : 16th August 2015 at 11:08. Reason: Added another observation
Old 16th August 2015, 13:00   #55
BHPian

Congratulation on your new Jazz vprabhu. The car looks bright and stylish in 'Alabaster Silver'. Good to know your insights on the car from a true owners perspective. Also thanks a lot for your DIY project on floor mats(noodlesmat). Your attempt has inspired me to opt out of the OEM floor mats suggested by the Sales consultants. I have booked a Jazz SV MT IDTEC but yet to receive the car(hopefully by this week).
Old 16th August 2015, 15:29   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Excellent first review of the Honda Jazz.
1. As you said, cables in glove box are surely annoying. They might provide a bag to put cables bit still it looks cheap.
2. All Hondas have nice meter consoles. The one in Jazz resembles the one of City.
3. Honda has always been known for good fuel efficiency and your fuel consumption figures reflect the same.
Happy Motoring.
Thanks. The cables are surely annoying. I still believe, Honda could have routed the cables next to the power socket and for iPod. I am seriously thinking of requesting some one in the service to do it for me next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Took TD of a petrol variant with family. Loved the space on offer & high seating position. The engine though extremely refined, felt under powered to me. The rear seat was more comfortable than my Verna, opined my wife who took the rear seat. Diesel should be adequately powerful. Tried the diesel stationery to test the engine noise, revved it, but did not find it to be a deal breaker. TD would have been more revealing. If NVH is acceptable then I feel diesel is the best buy. It's a City sans the boot, which can not be said about the petrol. Magic seats are simply terrific. This is one car which fits in almost in any occasion & that too at an affordable price. Any one having TDied both petrol & diesel, please compare the power & NVH.

Cheers
I would put it this way. The car feels under-powered below 2K rpm. It is a bit sluggish. But over a period, you will learn how to overcome this. The car pulls without any issues even if it is fully loaded. Absolutely no problem. The best way feel the NVH of the Diesel is to test drive. The NVH is good when it is idle. But when you start driving, it is certainly not enjoyable for me. However, drivability of diesel is much better than Petrol due to its torque and gear ratios. It has a space of the sedan in hatch. Magic seats are seriously amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarmaji View Post
Wonderful report!!!

Did u also consider Diesel option? or petrol was based on daily commuting?

I am planning to book one..but confused between diesel and petrol options.

my daily commute will be around 35-50 km with occasional long drive to hometown.

Internet is full of articles on recovery time of diesel premium, resale value etc..
Request your inputs on this.

Did I say that the clouds have added stunning effects to the photos!!
Thanks for your comments on the photos

My commute is 50km per day too. However, I already have a 320d. Hence wanted a city car and definitely a petrol one. Sometimes, we need to worry about the car when it is with us and not worry about selling while buying. Yes, all these calculations are fine to some extent. But varies from case to case. I hardly remember spending for my Innova during 6yrs of ownership.

Also, I have not had issues in selling a petrol car too. I have sold them for excellent price as I maintain them properly. I sold my 6+ years old, A-Star for 2.7L when I booked my Jazz.

So do a TD of diesel too and decide. I am expecting diesel mil to return at least 20-22 kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTorq View Post
Congratulation on your new Jazz vprabhu. The car looks bright and stylish in 'Alabaster Silver'. Good to know your insights on the car from a true owners perspective. Also thanks a lot for your DIY project on floor mats(noodlesmat). Your attempt has inspired me to opt out of the OEM floor mats suggested by the Sales consultants. I have booked a Jazz SV MT IDTEC but yet to receive the car(hopefully by this week).
Thanks and congratulations on your booking and I am sure you would certainly enjoy the ownership. Please feel free to post any queries you might have.
vprabu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 17:03   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
Thanks and congratulations on your booking and I am sure you would certainly enjoy the ownership. Please feel free to post any queries you might have.
Hi vprabu,

Thanks for extending your support and I am looking forward to receive your's and our fellow Jazz owners expertise in honing my knowledge.
Since am expecting the car in the coming week and mine being a SV variant, I am currently exploring the options of PU art leather for my seats.Also since the its monsoon season, I would like to either get the noodles mat or the PVC Sheet for the floors(or both).Could you please suggest any trustworthy accessory shop in Chennai who could help me in this case?
Old 17th August 2015, 20:17   #58

Congrats to vprabu and Flanker99 from another Jazz owner. I took delivery of my Urban Titanium Jazz V MT on 31st July. This is my first car and I was a bike rider before this. Looking forward to syncing up with other Jazz owners here and get some good driving and car maintainence tips.
singhal.kul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 20:57   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTorq View Post
Hi vprabu,

Thanks for extending your support and I am looking forward to receive your's and our fellow Jazz owners expertise in honing my knowledge.
Since am expecting the car in the coming week and mine being a SV variant, I am currently exploring the options of PU art leather for my seats.Also since the its monsoon season, I would like to either get the noodles mat or the PVC Sheet for the floors(or both).Could you please suggest any trustworthy accessory shop in Chennai who could help me in this case?
Hi DieselTorq,

If you want the perfect fit, better to go with OEM ones. Since the car is new, there are no after market accessories available yet and looks like we need to wait for some more time.
vprabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 10:01   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhal.kul View Post
Congrats to vprabu and Flanker99 from another Jazz owner. I took delivery of my Urban Titanium Jazz V MT on 31st July. This is my first car and I was a bike rider before this. Looking forward to syncing up with other Jazz owners here and get some good driving and car maintainence tips.
Congrats!!

Please share your initial thoughts about the car and do post some pics!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks