Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2019, 23:15   #2566
BANNED

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
The ASC has indicated that there seems to be an issue with the clutch plate assembly and may require replacing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
So the clutch shuddering problem has persisted in spite of the service executive claiming that they did some clutch bleeding or something like that.
I used to face the same issue in my Creta where it used judder in bumper-to-bumper traffic only. And this happens only when releasing the clutch in 1st gear and that judder gets on my nerves so did the clutch bleeding twice with an interval of 500 kms and no judder since then.

It's been over 3,000 kms and happy to report no judder whatsoever however be the bumper-to-bumper traffic condition. It has become smooth as new so my suggestion is to get the clutch bleeding done properly and in your presence before changing the clutch and its related parts. The current odometer is 53,000 kms.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 01:44   #2567
BANNED

I am throughly fed up with this car. Any help regarding the following would be appreciated.
1. Force AC to be always on even at higher temperatures.
2. Backlit power window switches
3. Force recirculate mode to be always on (tried the tips mentioned a couple of pages ago)
4. Stop FM from turning on by default.
5. HEPA cabin filter? Or atleast activated charcoal.
6. Cluster from SXO possible?
7. Auto up down on all windows? My 10L polo has it yet this 17L creta doesn't.

Model: Facelift Petrol AT SX (so called top end)

I've resorted to cutting and putting my polo cabin filter in this car for the time being.
Never have I been more dissatisfied with a car purchase. Hopefully the resale value is sweet since people are crazy for white cretas. Hyundai cars are just not for me. How can they mess up in something as basic as AC is beyond my understanding. Is anyone else unhappy with their creta, or is it VW that has spoilt me with well thought of touches? Legit you can't beat the Germans when it comes to cars if you care about more than just resale/reliability/maintenance.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 08:57   #2568
BHPian

The AC on my 2016 Creta went kaput about 3 weeks ago. ASC says took 2 days to diagnose and says that some of the piping and a valve joining the evaporator requires replacement. Parts were apparently ordered and in the last 3 weeks Hyundai has been able to deliver just one of the required parts to the ASC.

Now I am not sure if this is incompetence from Hyundai or the ASC, either way, this is a frustrating experience compounded by the fact that we are in the middle of one of the hottest summers in some time.

Would appreciate if members could advise on any method escalation outside of the ASC.

Another confusion is that I had shown the vehicle at a renowned AC garage outside the ASC and the owner checked and mentioned that Gas pressure looked fine, but the compressor was not turning on. He advised that since Extended Warranty was still available, it would be better to get it done through ASC. If they are unable to do the job, he would work on it.

Query - Does the Compressor have a fail-safe to prevent starting if there is a gas leak / lack of refrigerant pressure?

Now, the confusion of the diagnosis not withstanding, I would still just want Hyundai and its ASC to at least replace parts and conduct repairs according to their own diagnosis promptly.
Old 7th March 2019, 12:07   #2569
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
The AC on my 2016 Creta went kaput about 3 weeks ago. ASC says took 2 days to diagnose and says that some of the piping and a valve joining the evaporator requires replacement. Parts were apparently ordered and in the last 3 weeks Hyundai has been able to deliver just one of the required parts to the ASC.

Now I am not sure if this is incompetence from Hyundai or the ASC, either way, this is a frustrating experience compounded by the fact that we are in the middle of one of the hottest summers in some time.

Would appreciate if members could advise on any method escalation outside of the ASC.

Another confusion is that I had shown the vehicle at a renowned AC garage outside the ASC and the owner checked and mentioned that Gas pressure looked fine, but the compressor was not turning on. He advised that since Extended Warranty was still available, it would be better to get it done through ASC. If they are unable to do the job, he would work on it.

Query - Does the Compressor have a fail-safe to prevent starting if there is a gas leak / lack of refrigerant pressure?

Now, the confusion of the diagnosis not withstanding, I would still just want Hyundai and its ASC to at least replace parts and conduct repairs according to their own diagnosis promptly.
Definitely get it done from the company. Sad sad car with a stupid AC.
Fun fact. My polo TSI had a multiclutch and flywheel change done in one week. And I thought Hyundai had good service.
Compressor without gas will turn on but will cool less and worst case crap out. Maybe that's what's happening.

Should be no case of UNABLE TO DO as long as it is in warranty. Email Hyundai to escalate it. Read VW skoda threads on how to escalate for tips haha

Edit. Someone help me with any annoyances too :/

Last edited by H_Dogg72 : 7th March 2019 at 12:09.
Old 7th March 2019, 12:15   #2570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
Shoot a mail to Hyundai using their form on their website. Enter the details of the concerned ASC and the issue in that form as well. You should get a call soon from Hyundai India and the ASC. I did this once when they messed up my service. Parts arrived in an instant when I raised the issue.

Also I see the particular ASC having operations in Trivandrum as well. If it's the same group, I wouldn't surprised with their lackluster attitude. I instantly changed to another ASC after that.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 14:10   #2571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
I am throughly fed up with this car. Any help regarding the following would be appreciated.
Well, I am also on the same boat.
Ditto for each and every point of yours.

But I have learnt to live with it now.
About the supervision cluster of the SX(O) even if it can retrofitted to the SX-AT I am pretty sure it will cost a bomb.
I guess your spoilt due to the other German back home, while my other car is the first gen XUV with 150000 kms on the ODO currently and for me it was a difference of night and day after moving to a Creta from the XUV.
From the forever rattling cabin of the XUV to the super silent/well put together cabin of the Creta, I was overjoyed and didn't let these things bother me that much.
That's how I have made my peace with it.
If by any chance you happen to find any solution to your problems, I'll be the first one to follow your footsteps.
P.S. white Creta's do have a great demand in the pre-owned market.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20190306_170906f.jpg  

OverKill is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 21:44   #2572
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post
Well, I am also on the same boat.
Ditto for each and every point of yours.

But I have learnt to live with it now.
About the supervision cluster of the SX(O) even if it can retrofitted to the SX-AT I am pretty sure it will cost a bomb.
I guess your spoilt due to the other German back home, while my other car is the first gen XUV with 150000 kms on the ODO currently and for me it was a difference of night and day after moving to a Creta from the XUV.
From the forever rattling cabin of the XUV to the super silent/well put together cabin of the Creta, I was overjoyed and didn't let these things bother me that much.
That's how I have made my peace with it.
If by any chance you happen to find any solution to your problems, I'll be the first one to follow your footsteps.
P.S. white Creta's do have a great demand in the pre-owned market.
Looooool
I barely drive the creta just for these reasons. It's sad that the oldest car in my house is the best to me which is the Polo GT TSI. It has none of these stupid things.
It's dad's car and he shares the same annoyances. I'll post here if I find anything to fix these things.
I would have been a bit more happy if they atleast offered SXO in AT. Didn't have the money for a Tuscon or Passat and nothing else satisfied the SUV criteria dad had for his car. The Germans are a class apart. Wish you the best with your ownership of the car
Old 7th March 2019, 23:13   #2573
BHPian

Quote:
Looooool
I barely drive the creta just for these reasons. It's sad that the oldest car in my house is the best to me which is the Polo GT TSI. It has none of these stupid things.
Well when you emphasize "Zee Germans" then I hardly have anything else to say.
Do keep us posted if you are able to find a fix to the problems stated above.
Hyundai has absolutely no plans of launching the SX(O) AT.
Best Of Luck.
OverKill is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2019, 19:22   #2574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Shoot a mail to Hyundai using their form on their website. Enter the details of the concerned ASC and the issue in that form as well. You should get a call soon from Hyundai India and the ASC. I did this once when they messed up my service. Parts arrived in an instant when I raised the issue.

Also I see the particular ASC having operations in Trivandrum as well. If it's the same group, I wouldn't surprised with their lackluster attitude. I instantly changed to another ASC after that.
Yes, same group. However, I moved to this one since the previous ASC I was going to was worse. To be fair, all previous interactions with this ASC were good. Not sure what the issue was this time.

Anyhow, it seems the threat of an escalation was enough to get the wheels moving and moving quick at that. Emergency orders, expedited deliveries and even faster repairs meant that I received the car today after repairs. All repairs covered under extended warranty. AC seems ok for now.
RobC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 19:31   #2575
rkw
BHPian

Quote:
I've resorted to cutting and putting my polo cabin filter in this car for the time being.
Never have I been more dissatisfied with a car purchase. Hopefully the resale value is sweet since people are crazy for white cretas. Hyundai cars are just not for me. How can they mess up in something as basic as AC is beyond my understanding.
Lack of backlit power window switches seem to be prevalent in Korean & Japanese cars. I also feel that door stop light should have been given. In manual AC "Force recirculate" mode is as per last selected option, I guess. In auto AC, it seems to be automatically selected.

FM can be turned OFF with long press. It doesn't then switch ON when car is started. 2019 Creta comes with "Eco coating" for AC which is for cabin air purification.
Auto Up/Down for driver window is helpful in toll etc.

Last edited by ampere : 19th April 2019 at 06:47. Reason: compacted quoted post
rkw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 19:57   #2576
BHPian

Quote:
4. Stop FM from turning on by default.
I had noticed the same issue in my Creta - but later found out that it happened when I inadvertently hit the 'Mode' button on the steering wheel - which was turning the FM on!
Old 10th March 2019, 20:16   #2577
BHPian

Thanks @aparth & @Naveen for the response. During the 30K service I go the brake pad changed, but still the noise is coming. Maybe I will ask them if a disc skimming is needed.
Old 11th March 2019, 21:19   #2578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
So the clutch shuddering problem has persisted in spite of the service executive claiming that they did some clutch bleeding or something like that. This is only apparent in stop go bumper to bumper traffic, but I live in Bangalore and hence this is the norm.

Planning to take this up with Hyundai customer care directly and see what is the response. I am somehow not convinced with the answers and process done by the service executive. My guess is that they were probably too busy on a Saturday and did some basic checks on the clutch and handed over the car back to me.

Visited the Hyundai service centre again last Saturday for the clutch shuddering issue. And in spite of them claiming they did some checks, the issue still persists. It only occurs in stop-go traffic, and that too probably after 20-30 mins in to the drive. The issue is that I was not able to replicate the issue with the service executive during a short test drive and there lies the problem. Cause if they cannot see or feel the problem then they do not take it seriously. And the executive kept stating that its complex for them to check the clutch plate since they have to remove the gear box etc. so they claim to have done another round of clutch bleeding, but it seems to have not helped.
My guess is that if I go back, they will ask me to replace the clutch plate and this may not be covered under warranty.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 10:55   #2579
BHPian

Time for third-year insurance for my Creta. At 11.50L IDV, I'm getting a quote of about 29,000 with GST and zero dep. Is this reasonable?
Old 14th March 2019, 16:36   #2580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Time for third-year insurance for my Creta. At 11.50L IDV, I'm getting a quote of about 29,000 with GST and zero dep. Is this reasonable?
Try getting offers from the web. You should get a better deal - say less than 25k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks