Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2018, 15:07   #2506
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
I have the same issue with my 2017 Creta as well. Please do let me know if you found a way to undo this "feature"
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I noticed the same issue. I got the brakes pads changed few months. I havent really taken the car to highway speed to notice this again, but I guess it should be there. Will update in case I notice this.

Happens with me as well. Auto mode never starts with re-circulation on. You will need to manually switch it on. And the problem you showed in the video happens to me occasionally. But can confirm that the re-circulation mode switches off automatically after sometime (happens only once though).
Took me a few hours to figure it out.

Turn AC off
Press auto button
Keep air circulation and "push ac" button pressed for a few seconds till it starts blinking.
Give it 5 seconds.
Turn AC off
Press air circulation button, the light will go on.
Turn the fan knob counter clockwise.

Works for me, let me know if it helps.
Old 27th November 2018, 19:09   #2507
BHPian

Sorry for the new post.
P.S. the car should be in ignition mode With engine off for this to work.( Get in the car, don't press the brakes and push start engine button twice).
After following the above steps, turn on the engine.
Old 28th November 2018, 11:34   #2508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego28 View Post
Sorry for the new post.
P.S. the car should be in ignition mode With engine off for this to work.( Get in the car, don't press the brakes and push start engine button twice).
After following the above steps, turn on the engine.
Tried it but doesn't work. Although the AC starts in re-circulation mode, as soon you press "Auto", it gets switched off.

If the above works for you, I suggest you to post a video since this would be highly helpful.
Old 28th November 2018, 12:55   #2509
BHPian

Quote:
Tried it but doesn't work. Although the AC starts in re-circulation mode, as soon you press "Auto", it gets switched off.

If the above works for you, I suggest you to post a video since this would be highly helpful.

No, do not press "auto" , it works as long as the AC is in manual mode.
My AC used to go back in Fresh Air mode even in manual mode, so this trick fixed that.
Old 28th November 2018, 13:06   #2510
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Anyone from existing Creta owners who knows the issue and the solution for it?
Quote:
Happens with me as well. Auto mode never starts with re-circulation on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego28 View Post
Took me a few hours to figure it out.
Just recorded this video of my Creta's ACC functioning.

As one can see in the video, the recirculation mode doesn't go OFF. It stays ON:
  • If only blower is used;
  • If A/C is switched ON manually;
  • If A/C is switched ON using the 'Auto' button.

Last edited by a4anurag : 28th November 2018 at 13:12.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 14:38   #2511
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Just recorded this video of my Creta's ACC functioning.
That didn't work for me. But tried this and it worked. No idea if this is a permanent solution.

naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 16:21   #2512
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Doesn't seem to work. Re-circulation switches off after sometime and then goes back to the old behavior. Need to do the above process again.

Guess I will have to live with "press auto and re-circulation mode on" (2 steps instead of 1).
Old 10th December 2018, 13:49   #2513
BHPian

Any idea about year end offers on new Creta in Bangalore. Looking for diesel automatic.
Old 13th December 2018, 21:10   #2514
BHPian

I have been closely following Nissan Kicks launch but after seeing review videos it seems I should go with Creta.

I have an option to lease the car from my company and the ex-factory limit is close to 9 Lakhs. So, I can go for top model in Petrol. My monthly car running is around 1600-1800 Kms, but I still don't want to go for diesel due to environmental issues and NGT giving orders every now and then about diesel vehicles.

After seeing specs, I am confused why Creta top model doesn't have AT. And if AT really makes a difference in city driving - Delhi/NCR region? Never drove an AT so not sure how it feels like or if MT in Creta is OK to get for city like Delhi.

Looking for some insights from Creta owners!
Old 14th December 2018, 08:49   #2515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post
And if AT really makes a difference in city driving - Delhi/NCR region? Never drove an AT so not sure how it feels like or if MT in Creta is OK to get for city like Delhi.

Looking for some insights from Creta owners!
I drive a MT diesel Creta in B2B traffic daily and pretty much satisfied with it. The low gears are spaced well and there isn't any need to downshift always. Also, the clutch isn't heavy.

But I would recommend you to take a test drive of both the cars along the route you take daily. This would help make a better decision.
Old 15th December 2018, 14:17   #2516
BHPian

I have got a Creta Diesel AT last month. Everytime the car goes over a speed hump there is a clanky noise from the front left suspension. It's like something is loose. Car has run only 1300km.
Went for first service today. But the service folks are unable to pin point at the reason yet after 3 hours of probing and multiple test drives. Anyone here has experienced such noise before? Any leads on possible reasons would help. TIA.
Old 15th December 2018, 17:12   #2517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
I have got a Creta Diesel AT last month. Everytime the car goes over a speed hump there is a clanky noise from the front left suspension. It's like something is loose. Car has run only 1300km.
Went for first service today. But the service folks are unable to pin point at the reason yet after 3 hours of probing and multiple test drives. Anyone here has experienced such noise before? Any leads on possible reasons would help. TIA.
Did you check if your exhaust pipe is tightly sitting in its place. If that's not the case, then it might give a clanky noise while going over speed bumps.
Old 15th December 2018, 21:21   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Hi, although I don't have a Hyundai Creta, I do have a Verna and it makes the same sound. It's actually noticeable and does irritate a person. It exists in some Cretas and Vernas but unfortunately even the Service centre here in Gurgaon could not rectify it. Do let me know if you find out the cause.
Old 15th December 2018, 22:25   #2519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLoverJosh View Post
Hi, although I don't have a Hyundai Creta, I do have a Verna and it makes the same sound. It's actually noticeable and does irritate a person. It exists in some Cretas and Vernas but unfortunately even the Service centre here in Gurgaon could not rectify it. Do let me know if you find out the cause.
Borrowed Creta SX MT from a friend and drove it for a while in Gurgaon yesterday. Wow! I mean for me, who has driven Santro for 12 years, it was like driving a big car. It was 2015 model and had 30K on odo. Felt the clutch was on harder side. Not sure if it is so in every Creta or if it was due to it being 3 year old. But steering was so light and it didn't shudder at all in traffic conditions.

Overall it felt very spacious but clutch needs to be checked by borrowing another Creta from another friend
Old 16th December 2018, 10:48   #2520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post
Borrowed Creta SX MT from a friend and drove it for a while in Gurgaon yesterday. Wow! I mean for me, who has driven Santro for 12 years, it was like driving a big car. It was 2015 model and had 30K on odo. Felt the clutch was on harder side. Not sure if it is so in every Creta or if it was due to it being 3 year old. But steering was so light and it didn't shudder at all in traffic conditions.

Overall it felt very spacious but clutch needs to be checked by borrowing another Creta from another friend
I own a 2018 upgraded Creta 1.6 diesel manual. The clutch is super-light and combined with the wide torque-spread, makes for effortless driving. Second and third gears are like automatic transmission due to their wide power band.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks