Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2019, 18:42   #2641
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
This is really economical. I got an HSRP lookalike from an auto shop in Noida and was charged 1500 for a set
It's steep but I had no choice. I can live with the anxiety of getting a challan for this.
Lajpat Nagar would have been a cheaper option to get the plates installed as they indulge into a lot of bargaining and end up taking close to what you offer.
Old 30th May 2019, 08:34   #2642
BANNED

Hyundai Creta Sport To Likely Launch Later This Year In India.

Source
Old 30th May 2019, 10:28   #2643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
Does anyone have an idea on how much the OEM HU with Apple Carplay for the Creta cost ? I have a 2016 manufactured SX(0) and was really impressed by the HU in my friend's i10. I have given the after market ones a thought but really don't want to compromise on the extended warranty on the electrical and the overall finish. Any thoughts ?
Quoting my self here. I visited the service center yesterday and the manager performed a software update to the HU. The new version has apple car play & android auto and its working like a charm ! The new OEM HU costs 55K apparently
silverblaze is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 21:23   #2644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
How long does the stock battery last?
Mine is a petrol AT,
Has anyone with the petrol changed their battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Did you notice any delay in starting up the car? That's the first sign showing the battery is giving up. I had noticed around 2 secs delay during the final stage.

Do check the life of the battery since it just dies suddenly. Happened to me in a busy mall.
There is a delay and it sounds like the car tries to start- pauses - then starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j76 View Post
With my diesel Creta, the battery lasted 2.5 years and similar to Naveen, there was a delay in starting the car towards the final stage.
Old 31st May 2019, 08:19   #2645
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is a delay and it sounds like the car tries to start- pauses - then starts.
Check the battery health. Looks like it's about to give up. I suggest you to change it.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 08:28   #2646
BANNED

Quote:
Get the battery changed ASAP. I had this same issue which went unnoticed somehow. I got stuck in midway to my home as the car was not starting after I stopped the car, and it was not a good experience.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 21:25   #2647
BHPian

Quote:
Quoting my self here. I visited the service center yesterday and the manager performed a software update to the HU. The new version has apple car play & android auto and its working like a charm ! The new OEM HU costs 55K apparently
Hi SilverBlaze which service center was it? I have a 2016 SX+ AT with the OEM Head unit. I would love to get Android auto on my unit.
Will any Trident Hyundai service center be able to get it done or did you have connections
Old 31st May 2019, 22:46   #2648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Hi SilverBlaze which service center was it? I have a 2016 SX+ AT with the OEM Head unit. I would love to get Android auto on my unit.
Will any Trident Hyundai service center be able to get it done or did you have connections
I am sure Trident will have an update. Just get in touch with the Service Manager if the SA is clueless about this. The service manager downloaded the update on his pendrive from the Hyundai website and connected it to the USB slot. It took close to 30 mins for the update to install. I got mine from Lakshmi Hyundai, Kodigehalli.
silverblaze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 08:42   #2649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure Trident will have an update. Just get in touch with the Service Manager if the SA is clueless about this. The service manager downloaded the update on his pendrive from the Hyundai website and connected it to the USB slot. It took close to 30 mins for the update to install. I got mine from Lakshmi Hyundai, Kodigehalli.
I thought a software update will not enable android auto/apple carplay in the first gen Creta. They said the AVN should be replaced and a simple update won't add this feature. Am I missing something?
Old 1st June 2019, 15:46   #2650
BHPian

Guys any creta with high mileage? Something in the vicinity of 2 lakh kms? Preferably 1.4 crdi , need ownership costs and if any major costs involved. Planning to buy one and have no real info about the same. Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 22:24   #2651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I thought a software update will not enable android auto/apple carplay in the first gen Creta. They said the AVN should be replaced and a simple update won't add this feature. Am I missing something?

Hello @naveen.raju mine is a 2016 SX(O) buddy. Not sure if the HU is much different from the ones manufactured in 2015.
Old 4th June 2019, 08:38   #2652
Senior - BHPian

Just a question with regard to the HU in the Creta. Mine is a 2018 SX model, pre-facelift, and hence it has a basic touch screen HU with only blue tooth connectivity.

Have any of you switched this kind of HU to the ones being offered in the higher variants? I had enquired casually at a Hyundai dealership and he quoted something ridiculous, like 50k upwards. Im sure a good HU from pioneer or Sony would be available for much lesser. But the flip side is, if I change the HU outside of the dealership, then would there be issues in Warranty? And would it work with the steering controls?
Old 5th June 2019, 10:09   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Just a question with regard to the HU in the Creta. Mine is a 2018 SX model, pre-facelift, and hence it has a basic touch screen HU with only blue tooth connectivity.

Have any of you switched this kind of HU to the ones being offered in the higher variants? I had enquired casually at a Hyundai dealership and he quoted something ridiculous, like 50k upwards. Im sure a good HU from pioneer or Sony would be available for much lesser. But the flip side is, if I change the HU outside of the dealership, then would there be issues in Warranty? And would it work with the steering controls?
You can go with pioneer or sony HU from aftermarket and it will not impact the warranty as long as you do not cut any wires. Ask your mechanic to use sockets to connect. Steering mounted controls would require another cable, but the mechanic will take care of it.

You may lose USB and AUX connectivity of your vehicle but they will provide another cable for USB. If you vehicle has reverse parking sensors, then they might stop working. You can install reverse camera to compensate.
Old 7th June 2019, 07:02   #2654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
You can go with pioneer or sony HU from aftermarket and it will not impact the warranty as long as you do not cut any wires. Ask your mechanic to use sockets to connect. Steering mounted controls would require another cable, but the mechanic will take care of it.

You may lose USB and AUX connectivity of your vehicle but they will provide another cable for USB. If you vehicle has reverse parking sensors, then they might stop working. You can install reverse camera to compensate.

Thanks! Let me check with any of the existing Hyundai dealers near me if they stock pioneer or Sony. If so, it would be so much easier since they would know to handle the whole wiring part better. Also, I do have reverse parking sensors which came with the car as original fitment, whereas I got the camera fitted as an accessory. So need to check this as well.
Old 7th June 2019, 13:49   #2655
BHPian

I have 2016 Creta SX. Recently the gear shift indicator (that prompts you to shift up a gear) has stopped working. I didn't find any way to disable this. Has anyone faced this or know how to resolve this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks