Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2022, 19:20   #2881

Re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
Got a hole in the exhaust, rust - has anyone else experienced this? 33k kms, 2017 sx auto petrol. Will try get it gas welded, but curious if I am the only one.
Experienced this last week in my 2016 sx petrol Creta 17k kms done, got the silencer gas welded, antirust under coating and 3M silencer coating for longer durability. Hope this should help.
vpbops is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 21:46   #2882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpbops View Post
Experienced this last week in my 2016 sx petrol Creta 17k kms done, got the silencer gas welded, antirust under coating and 3M silencer coating for longer durability. Hope this should help.
Quote:
Got a hole in the exhaust, rust - has anyone else experienced this? 33k kms, 2017 sx auto petrol. Will try get it gas welded, but curious if I am the only one.
I also got a few holes in silencer pipe of my 2016 creta petrol driven 50k kms. Car was sounding like a sports car

Visited FNG Silencer Guy and saw that there were 6 holes in the pipe. He suggested not to waste money by getting it repaired as new holes might keep coming post current repair which made sense to me.

He changed a portion of pipe(pic attached) and charged me Rs1600 for new piece of pipe including fitting with 1 year warranty.

Overall satisfied with the work done.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20221007_213018.jpg  

Gearup_1111 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 21:53   #2883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Hello everyone, i have gotten an offer on a 2018 creta.

Model: 2018 (facelift)
Sub-Model: CRETA 1.6 VTVT SX (Petrol), Manual Transmission
Color: Polar White
Date of Purchase: September 2018

Ownership: 1st Owner, well maintained car with regular servicing done from Authorized Hyundai dealer.
Mileage : 9770 KM
Warranty: 5 Year Extended Warranty
Insurance - Valid till August 2022 (Comprehensive with Add On Coverages (ZD EP CM PB KP))
Condition: Excellent

Accessories:
1) PU Leather Seats
2) 3M Underbody anti-rust coating
3) Full interior floor lamination
4) Windshield Sunfilm
5) Chrome window frame trims
6) Door side molding

For 13 lakhs, is this a good deal?
I think it's expensive for 2018 model considering it's manual and model has changed.

For similar money or may be a lac more you will get new EX model. Agreed it will have lesser bells and whistles but still would make more sense than a 4 year old car.

If you are planning to take a loan then there would be difference in ROI as well which will further reduce the price gap.

I left 2019 Automatic top end driven 14000kms in Delhi last month as owner was hell bent on 12 Lacs and I had quoted 11.5 Lacs. I wanted to upgrade from Manual to automatic but then got a City 2018 ZX CVT for 8.7 Lacs so closed the deal immediately.

Last edited by Gearup_1111 : 7th October 2022 at 21:56. Reason: Typing error
Old 7th October 2022, 22:02   #2884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
Can anyone help me with the part number for 'clean silver alloys' that came with the gen 1 pre-facelift Creta. It's the 16 inch one. Picture attached.

Attachment 2286197

I was thinking about getting the spare steel wheel changed to alloy so that I can do five wheel tyre rotation. Thanks in advance.
I would suggest that rather than buying a new alloy which would cost you few thousands better get steel wheel tyre swapped with alloy tyre which you are planning to keep in boot from any tyre shop who would charge you hardly Rs50 to 100 for it.

Considering you would do it every 10k kms, you not even spend 500 to 1000 Rs in whole life of the car.

Else you can order it at any service center and they would get you a new one.
Gearup_1111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 22:13   #2885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
How much do the brake pads on a Petrol AT last. Mine had to be changed at about 30K Kms, 5 years down the line.

Also, what about the tyre life? The Bridgestone Duelers are doing great, but I wonder if the rubber has aged enough to be replaced?
My 1st set of brake pads in manual transmission gave up at 35k kms and I replaced them with some made in Korea brake pads suggested by spare parts guy at FNG for Rs1200 instead of spending Rs3600 for OE brake pads.

After 15days of installation an irritating screeching sound started coming every morning when I reverse the car to take it out from my home and the noise goes off within 500 meters of driving. Other than that they have performed well. However now I will install only OE brakepads.

My OE tyres Goodyear Assurance have completed 50k kms and have thread enough for another 10k kms. Although road noise has increased a bit but can be lived with for an year before I get new shoes for my Mustang(Creta my white horse).
Old 7th October 2022, 22:21   #2886
BHPian

Quote:
I'm hearing a hissing sound, like air escaping, when I idle Panda (2017 Creta Petrol Manual). I haven't noticed this before and it comes from underbody towards the rear of vehicle. There are no warning signs on the dashboard and no tyres have lost pressure.

The sound from the exhaust is the same since purchase (read very soft and almost muted) and same with the engine noise. The cooling of ACC and brakes all work as normal.

Is this normal or should I be taking Panda to ASC?
I had similar hissing sound coming from AC vents which was result of leak in AC discharge hose. Got it changed for Rs1200 at Hyundai ASC and got gas top up along. The noise has gone since then.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot_20221007221651_chrome.jpg  

Old 13th October 2022, 23:45   #2887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearup_1111 View Post
I also got a few holes in silencer pipe of my 2016 creta petrol driven 50k kms. Car was sounding like a sports car

Visited FNG Silencer Guy and saw that there were 6 holes in the pipe. He suggested not to waste money by getting it repaired as new holes might keep coming post current repair which made sense to me.

He changed a portion of pipe(pic attached) and charged me Rs1600 for new piece of pipe including fitting with 1 year warranty.

Overall satisfied with the work done.
Hi, I still haven’t managed to fix mine. Could you let me know where your FNG guy is. I might choose to do it there.
Old 14th October 2022, 07:40   #2888
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I still haven’t managed to fix mine. Could you let me know where your FNG guy is. I might choose to do it there.
He is in Asalatpur near St Francis School Janakpuri, Delhi. You may DM me if u plan to go.
Old 30th October 2022, 14:45   #2889
BHPian

Crossposting so as to ensure wider visibility. Looking for a carpet mat for my 2015 ( 1st gen ) Creta ( SXO ) in Bangalore. Trident etc don't have for the first gen and the newer ones don't fit my model. What's a good store to pick this up from ( worried about mat obstructing the pedals etc ).
Old 23rd January 2023, 11:02   #2890
BHPian

Hi,
I own a July 2016, Gen 1 Hyundai Creta SX+ Diesel Automatic. It is nearing 7 years and has 80000 kms on the odometer.

Car has not faced any major repairs. Only routine oil service.

Looking to do a mid-life spruce up, so that i can retain the car for a further 4-5 years.

Points to improve:
1. Vibrations after 100 kmph
2. Jerkiness while moving from P mode to Drive mode.
3. Preventive maintenance for torque converter gear box
4. Braking

Any suggestions and preventive maintenance schedule available? Kindly share. Thank you.
Old 3rd April 2023, 12:27   #2891
BHPian

Cross posting from my Ownership review for better viewership.

Quote:
Air Conditioner Issue Continues.

So, the AC issue had resurfaced in January 2023 a couple of times and since February end its frequency have increased. The issue doesn't happen on short trips (less than 50 kms) but on longer trips its regular now. I have been studying the issue and the following are my observations;

At the start of trip (with ACC on):
  • AC blows cold air at 23-24 deg Celsius at all fan speeds. Volume of air blown is directly proportional to fan speed and sound.
  • All modes of AC works fine and volume of air flow is normal according to mode selected and fan speed selected.
  • Some airflow detected through windshield defogger vents even if it is not selected from mode menu.

After driving for a while (with ACC on):
  • The volume of air blown decreases to a bare minimum irrespective of the fan speed. Fan noise is maximum at the maximum speed but very minimal air flow.
  • Whatever little air blown, seems to be just barely cool irrespective of the temp set (Lo to 25deg Celsius).
  • The windshield gets fogged up on the outside around the thermistor/ sensor and also there will be air blowing out of the windshield defogger even if it is not selected from the mode.
  • Switching off the AC for 15-30 mins and turning back on resolves the issue for the nest 50kms- 1 hr period and the same repeats again.

At start of the trip (without ACC/ AC on manual mode):

Same as that with ACC ON.

After driving for a while (without ACC/ AC in Manual mode):

Same as that during ACC ON but with a notable difference that Windshield doesn't gets fogged up even if there is some air flow through the defogger vents.

I have tried different modes when the issue happens but the volume of air blown is minimum at all modes. The air blown is barely cool and spouts of warm air is also blown at times. The air recirculation mode was ON all the time. I tried taking fresh air for while with similar results.

I'm not sure whether this is Thermistor failure, ice build up, low refrigerant, compressor failing or leak in the system. I think I can cross off leak suspicion because if there was one I believe by this time all the refrigerant would have leaked out and the AC wouldn't even cool for 1 hr. I mean its bone chilling at Lo for the first hour.

Anybody have any idea as to what this might be and please suggest good ASS or FNG in and around Trivandrum where I can take my Panda for resolving this issue. Thanks in advance.
Old 10th April 2023, 10:36   #2892
BHPian

hi everyone, my father has been driving the 2015 Creta, 1.6 SXO since he got it in October 2015. It has clocked just over 1 lakh kms. A few days ago the speedometer stopped working, while the car's driving absolutely fine.

The Hyundai dealership in Himachal is suggesting we replace the entire sensor system which will set us back by about 17000 INR.

Has anyone experienced this, if yes, what's the most efficient way forward. We wouldn't like to spend too much unnecessarily on an old car.
Old 17th May 2023, 15:15   #2893
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2015 Creta diesel SX+ variant. after serving us well all these years, the Headunit/ Infotainment system suddenly stopped working. I have taken it to the service center where they had first checked the fuses, and the power cable which were both okay, they ended up concluding that the unit is not working.
they are quoting 40k for a new unit or about 20k to try and repair it. both seem unreasonable given the age of the car
I was wanted to get some opinions on what can be done or if there is a recommended unit to try on the 2015 Creta.

Note: i am not a fan of how most of the aftermarket units don't look cohesive and i am a bit worried about how their software will last/age.
KingCheeese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 15:33   #2894
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCheeese View Post
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2015 Creta diesel SX+ variant. after serving us well all these years, the Headunit/ Infotainment system suddenly stopped working.
Refer this post. I got this repaired by sending it to Delhi.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post5327244 (It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O))
Old 17th May 2023, 19:59   #2895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Refer this post. I got this repaired by sending it to Delhi.
Thanks a lot Naveen!
Took your suggestion and looked for guys to repair the unit. Luckily found one in Delhi and another in Hyderabad as well!. Will be giving it to him tomorrow and hope he's able to fix it. He asked for a week's time though. Hope he's not sending it to Delhi as well lol.
Will keep you guys posted if it's done successfully.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks