Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2020, 10:21   #2821
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

I also have been facing a similar issue with Hyundai Creta. The first time it occurred somewhere around Mid-2019 (around 20000 Kms) when there was a sliding sound in the front passenger footwell when taking right turn and water droplets were dripping onto the floor. As I had got the car after comprehensive repairs, I thought there may be some issue with the same. When I showed it to the Service Centre, they said that it may be due to some blockage in the AC Pipe (if I remember correctly) and told me that they had rectified it.

It didn't occur again for a year. However, in July end this year, I had given it for 50000 Kms service. After service, the next day when I was going to office, the same thing happened again. There was a sliding sound whenever I took a right and it was only because of this sound I noticed that there was water dripping in the front passenger footwell onto the mat. I immediately called the Service Advisor (and sent him video/picture of the same) who informed me that it may have been due to AC pipe which may have been touched during service and asked me to come to the Service Centre & it will be dealt within 15 minutes by someone (as it was his weekly off). In the evening, when I went to the Service Centre, I had to wait for half an hour for the new service advisor but they looked into the issue and apparently recitfied in 10 minutes. As informed by SA, there was blockage in the AC Pipe due to accumulation of dust and advised me to clean the car interiors. Also, he told me that the AC system requires deep cleaning to remove all the dust to make it thoroughly clean and avoid occurrence of this again. He quoted me Rs. 4500 (approx.) for such cleaning. I didn't get it done as I don't think that's the issue.

It has been more than 1.5 months and it has not occurred again. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Any suggestions on the issue are welcome.

P.S. Attaching a picture of the 2020 incident. Though I also have a video of water dripping but it's large in size (around 150 MB).
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20200730_084251.jpg  

Amity is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 17:05   #2822
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Anybody here using those magnetic shades on their first gen Creta? Been eyeing this for a long time now. Found this on Amazon.

Any advice?

https://www.amazon.in/Kingsway-KKMMS...pd_rd_wg=DznXS
Old 8th October 2020, 17:23   #2823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Anybody here using those magnetic shades on their first gen Creta? Been eyeing this for a long time now. Found this on Amazon.

Any advice?

https://www.amazon.in/Kingsway-KKMMS...pd_rd_wg=DznXS
I can't comment on the one for Creta but I used a similar one (same brand) on my WagonR for good two years.

Pros:
1. Good protection from sunlight and the respite from heat.

2. Additional privacy

Cons:
1. The shades contain small magnet pieces along the frame of the shade. When you shut the door, these magnets scratch again the body of the car/door. Over time, I could see some rusting in few areas due to the scratches.

2. The magnets lose their effectiveness over time and tend to fall off when you open the door.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 11:23   #2824

I have recently purchased a pre-worshipped 2017 SX+ Diesel Auto and I had a few questions for the owners here:
  1. Any tricks to get the MID unit to throw out the Average FE numbers? I am so used to the Average and instanteneous FE figures in the Dzire that I miss them now!
  2. Any suggestions for the not-so-awesome braking on the car? I am even willing to change the discs/drums if someone has tried and found it to be a good solution.
  3. I have water drops or rather a small stream flowing out of the car while I reverse over an incline, is this normal? It isn't coolant and looks like AC condensate, but the quantity of water coming out is a bit too much to make me and family worried.
  4. Has anyone fitted the Cruise Control Add-on available on Amazon/Ali Express? Does it work on 2017 Diesel Automatics? Or do we only get the phone and music control options?
Old 11th October 2020, 08:16   #2825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijith View Post
I have recently purchased a pre-worshipped 2017 SX+ Diesel Auto and I had a few questions for the owners here:
1) Nope. AFAIK, you can't get it.
2) If you are changing it, change the ABS sensor as well. As per BHPian Ravenavi, the new Creta source the ABS sensor from a new vendor since the old ABS was faulty. Although Hyundai didn't admit it, they does these things silently. Am changing my brake pads next weekend (might be Bosch) from a FNG (slowly shifting from HASS).
3) I haven't noticed such huge quantity of water dispense from the Creta, it's very minimal. In fact our grand i10 dispenses more water. I guess it's better to get it checked.
4) Guess someone had tried on the manual car and didn't work.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 12:54   #2826
BANNED

Quote:
Any tricks to get the MID unit to throw out the Average FE numbers?
I miss this feature too that Hyundai conveniently didn't find it worth to offer in the initial batches of the Creta.

Quote:
Any suggestions for the not-so-awesome braking on the car? I am even willing to change the discs/drums if someone has tried and found it to be a good solution.
As Naveen.raju has told, get the ABS sensors checked and replaced if necessary. I am looking to get the ABS sensors from the new Creta to see if there any improvement in the braking department. Shall update the thread accordingly.

Quote:
I have water drops or rather a small stream flowing out of the car while I reverse over an incline, is this normal? It isn't coolant and looks like AC condensate, but the quantity of water coming out is a bit too much to make me and family worried.
It is generally drops form that I see underneath and not any kind of stream like from the AC pipe.

Quote:
Has anyone fitted the Cruise Control Add-on available on Amazon/Ali Express? Does it work on 2017 Diesel Automatics? Or do we only get the phone and music control options?
Doesn't work sir, I have tried it already on my 2017 1.6L CRDi SX(O). One will need a new ECU, BCM, instrument cluster and dashboard wiring harness for the cruise control to work in 2015-2018 models to work. In the 2018 facelift, cruise control was added along with electric seat adjustment, sunroof and a couple more features.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 11:26   #2827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

Any advice?
I have a set which I used for about a year. It's not the one you have mentioned but normal front ones with zippers and rear ones without. They are good for blocking sun to an extend and also blocks dust and can keep the car cooled for longer.

The con I have faced are the steel frame rubs on the inside door panels and over time, the fabric cover wears out and metal rubs against the doors and can cause rust. I removed them after observing a couple of spots of rust. The product is of good quality and maybe after I address the rust issue, I will put them back on with added padding where the metal meets metal.

Also its better to get shades which have 4 magnet pieces instead of three for better hold on the window frame. I bought mine from a car accessories shop for Rs. 1000/- (4 pieces)
BLACNWYTE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 15:31   #2828
BHPian

Hello guys,
I have an 2015 hyundai creta 1.6 SX diesel. First gen.
It's done about 65k kms till date and just today my wiper is acting funny.
The wiper works on the "int" and "low" function. However it does not function at all or the blade stops moving when I put it at the "high" setting. Even when if it on "int" function with the speed setting at max, it doesn't go beyond the "low" speed.
My guess here is that the wiring of the high speed setting might have gotten compromised.

Please share your thoughts
Old 15th October 2020, 10:30   #2829
Senior - BHPian

There is weird issue in my 1st Gen Creta Diesel ACC. The AC works absolutely fine for the first 30 or 40 minutes of the drive. After that the AC doesn't blow cold air, it just blows out ambient air.

After restarting the car, the same cycle continues. What could be the issue?
Old 29th October 2020, 15:12   #2830
BHPian

Recently my 2016 Creta 1.6 AT SX+ has developed an issue for about a month now.
The AC does not seem to be cooling, this is random. However now i am hearing a kind of winning sound when i turn on the AC switch.
I will head to the service center on Sat, but wanted some input before that. Would it be a simple issue or something more serious like the compressor ?
The car has done around 86000km.
Old 29th October 2020, 22:25   #2831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Recently my 2016 Creta 1.6 AT SX+ has developed an issue for about a month now.
The AC does not seem to be cooling, this is random. However now i am hearing a kind of winning sound when i turn on the AC switch.
I will head to the service center on Sat, but wanted some input before that. Would it be a simple issue or something more serious like the compressor ?
The car has done around 86000km.
I too faced this particular issue in my 2015 Creta P MT. The cooling was randomly poor & any temperature setting wouldn’t help. Took the car to SC & got it checked. As usual, they found everything to be OK. Finally after much deliberation they agreed that there might be some issue with evaporator & they said they will have to open the dashboard to get it checked.

But incase there isn’t any fault found, then the entire labour cost will be dumped on my head although the car was under the warranty. I denied & left the place.

Again, that whining sound is random too. But the good part is that the cooling issue isn’t there anymore. I don’t know how it got fixed; but it isn’t hasn’t surfaced for sure.

You can get your car checked at the SC, but I have doubts whether that will actually yield any results.

On a side note, there were many reports of the compressor going kaput in the earlier batches of Cretas.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 22:34   #2832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post

On a side note, there were many reports of the compressor going kaput in the earlier batches of Cretas.

Thanks for the input, mine is a 2016 model, so not the original set.
Considering the car has done 85000km not sure of the life span of the compressor, considering the AC is on 99.9% of the time.

Will try my luck with the SC and hope it does not burn a hole in my pocket.

Last edited by yajaman99 : 29th October 2020 at 22:41. Reason: spelling correct
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 19:21   #2833
BHPian

Below is the noise that can be heard when I turn on the AC

So went to the Service Center on Saturday afternoon, huge rush.
Got a service advisor to do a quick check.
So he sat in the car and first checked the AC Diag code.
You need to hold the "OFF" button and press the "MODE" button 5 times,
The AC display cycles through and it gives a code.

A quick google search for Creta AC diag code resulted in the below link

http://www.hcrmangs.com/heater_amp_a...datc_-868.html

On hearing the sound, he mentioned there is a leak and they need to check.
He popped open the hood and felt the leak is from the pipe in the below pic.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-ac-possible-leak.jpg

They would need 3 or 4 hours to check so decided to come back this Saturday with a 9am appointment and get it sorted.

Will update after the visit.
yajaman99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 12:07   #2834

There is a new problem being faced by me and it has happened 2 days in a row to get me worried. I was returning at night around 9 PM on both days after visiting a relative and after starting up and getting to the main road, the car seemed to hesitate to pick speed. I first thought that there is no acceleration input going from the pedal to the engine. So I slowed down and stopped. Brought the car to neutral and checked if there are any lights on the MID. However, there were no lights on I switched off the car and started again after 10-12 seconds. Again started from 0 and till 30kmph the acceleration worked fine, but as soon as it hit 30, the needle stopped moving. I changed from D to Tiptronic mode and even though the RPM was moving up and down basis the pedal input, the speedo didn't budge beyond 30 kmph. This lasted about 10-12 seconds and then the input worked. One time it lasted as long as 40-45 seconds till the acceleration got back to normal.

This repeated around 2-3 times more when I slowed down at a junction or at a speed-breaker, as soon as i came below 30-20 kmph, the engine then didn't allow me to go beyond 30 kmph. I tried usual things like pumping the pedal multiple times, keeping the pedal pressed continuously, keeping the pedal pressed all the way down, half-way down, little input.

This happened on Friday(6th Nov) and Saturday(7th Nov) and both days I had taken the same route, around the same time(9 pm). Both times it didn't have any specific incident causing this and always begins when I reach 30kmph. Only difference was that on Saturday I had filled up the fuel to full. I tried calling HASS today, but being a Sunday they are closed and will take the car tomorrow to check.

Anyone else here faced this on the auto or the manual diesel?

Mine is the 2017 June SX+ Auto Diesel.
Old 11th November 2020, 16:08   #2835
BHPian

I had been to the Trident Hyundai Service center last Saturday, they checked the car and said possible cause for the A/C issue was the Discharge Pipe.
They did not have stock and said it would come Monday.
Once they confirmed the arrival of the part I headed in today morning.
They changed the pipe, filled the gas and did an evaporator cleaning.
AC back to its full glory, super cool and no hissing sound.
Total cost under RS 8000/-

The Bill
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-ac-repair.jpg

The new hose assembly
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-new-install.jpg

Old Part and pic of part details

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-old-part.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-spare-part.jpg

The AC gas filler i assume.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-ac-gas-filler.jpg
yajaman99 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed