Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2017, 20:26   #2071
BHPian

Test drove the petrol automatic and came back satisfied. Now comparing with ecosport trend plus it's a good 4 lacs expensive and may not be worth the extra cash hence I'll give it a pass.
Old 8th December 2017, 11:35   #2072
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Has anyone used Speed/Power petrol in their Creta ?
I have had a good experience in the past with my other cars and have crossed 10K KMs on my current..

Was thinking to switch .. at least for an upcoming 1500km RJ road trip .
Old 9th December 2017, 18:54   #2073
Senior - BHPian

My Creta SX 1.6 CRDi behaved weirdly yesterday. All has been great for the 11,000 kms I have run to date. Yesterday I noticed that the AIRBAG light was on in the instrument panel. Thought it may be some sort of error code (car drives perfectly though).

Today I took the car to the Hyundai workshop, upon hooking up with the diagnostic tab, error for AIRBAG could NOT be reset. There is some issue with the control module located in the center console.

I am leaving the car with the workshop tomorrow, where they will be changing the module with one from an accidental car (so they say) Once sure that the problem lies with the Control module, the new module will be ordered & replaced under warranty.

Has anyone faced a similar issue with their Creta ? It is my first experience ever, hence a little curious & apprehensive

Cheers
Old 9th December 2017, 20:38   #2074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
My Creta SX 1.6 CRDi behaved weirdly yesterday. All has been great for the 11,000 kms I have run to date. Yesterday I noticed that the AIRBAG light was on in the instrument panel. Thought it may be some sort of error code (car drives perfectly though).

Today I took the car to the Hyundai workshop, upon hooking up with the diagnostic tab, error for AIRBAG could NOT be reset. There is some issue with the control module located in the center console.

I am leaving the car with the workshop tomorrow, where they will be changing the module with one from an accidental car (so they say) Once sure that the problem lies with the Control module, the new module will be ordered & replaced under warranty.

Has anyone faced a similar issue with their Creta ? It is my first experience ever, hence a little curious & apprehensive

Cheers
Cross posting from another thread.
Old 12th December 2017, 14:10   #2075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Cheers
How does one be sure that the airbag will deploy at all after such fixes? How does one be sure that the airbag will deploy at all even in a new car?
Old 12th December 2017, 15:22   #2076
Senior - BHPian

The scan clearly says that the error lies with the control module. The error vanished when the module was replaced with one from the dealership's owners car.

New part was ordered & will be available to the dealership workshop in 5 days.

Now the working of the airbag, if & when required, should work as intended. The scanner tab is meant to do specific tasks & I don't see any reason to doubt the scan or the working of the control module

Cheers
Old 12th December 2017, 16:40   #2077
BHPian

Finally, proof that the new Creta is about to be launched!

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...ndia-21111.htm
Old 12th December 2017, 20:44   #2078

Regarding the expected face-lift version of Hyundai Creta, it seems minor cosmetic change will come in effect and no news regarding engine specs tweak is there.

My question is ' if only cosmetic change is in the cards is it advisable to wait for purchasing the face-lift version or go on for the booking for current model with 2018 VIN number? '

I am currently planning to book a 1.6 l diesel version SX/ SX(O) manual transmission and atleast 8 weeks wait period is given from the date of booking. So I'll get my Creta in February at the earliest and if no confirmation regarding the variant and features list change come in next 2 weeks, do I wait for face-lift version or not?

An exhaustive list of change is less likely to happen like in Ford Ecosport face-lift which came out in this November then what is the justification of rolling out a new version?
All 4 disc brakes will definitely sweeten the deal along with subtle change in the HUD like TPMS and FE details will make the wait worth the wait.
P.s.- I'm having a hard time going ahead with the booking as I do not want to miss out in features or discount if they roll out new version over a period of few weeks of wait from February 2018.
Family is sorely missing a car in the house and we are planning a trip to Southern India next year so pressure of booking a car is increasing and I need to give a legitimate reason to postpone the purchase, hence the post.

Last edited by V_Gupta : 12th December 2017 at 21:13.
V_Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 11:49   #2079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Gupta View Post
My question is ' if only cosmetic change is in the cards is it advisable to wait for purchasing the face-lift version or go on for the booking for current model with 2018 VIN number? '
If you're neutral to red/ black colours, I'd suggest you wait a little. Despite a best-seller, dealers are often left with low selling colour stocks in December which go on attractive discounts starting January first. By then you'll probably have more clarity on facelift features.

We bought our 2017 make Creta in April '17 but we had a great offer on a 2016 black Creta even until mid-March.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 00:56   #2080

Hello, this is a question for Creta owners - I have been going through the posts in the forum and outside and some people are facing issues with not so good braking performance in Creta and Clutch plate wearing out around 20000 km or so. I want to know your opinions as to how prevalent are these issues? And if they are somewhat common then I might have to forfeit the booking for Creta and have to go for Ecosport.
Thank you for your time in advance.
V_Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 16:11   #2081
BHPian

I ordered the 4-cube fog lamp/ DRL for my Creta. How can I remove the existing fog lamps? Will it involve opening front bumper?
Old 14th December 2017, 19:04   #2082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Gupta View Post
Hello, this is a question for Creta owners - I have been going through the posts in the forum and outside and some people are facing issues with not so good braking performance in Creta and Clutch plate wearing out around 20000 km or so. I want to know your opinions as to how prevalent are these issues? And if they are somewhat common then I might have to forfeit the booking for Creta and have to go for Ecosport.
Thank you for your time in advance.
Yes, I have observed the same in recent couple of days on and off TeamBHP.
Here are a couple of references that I encountered:

1. Faulty ABS System: URL

2. "Horrific Brakes" - URL

3. "Pathetic ABS System" - URL

4. Facebook Group Comments - shared by Ravenavi URL

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta_brake_problem.png

Would be good to hear from more owners of the Creta on Team BHP itself on this issue...
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 19:29   #2083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Would be good to hear from more owners of the Creta on Team BHP itself on this issue...
I have a 2016 Creta Base Petrol and experienced an issue with the brakes only in one particular situation when the car encounters a bump, pothole or sandy surface and heavy braking is needed to slow down immediately. Essentially the ABS kicks in then and there is loss of braking power which is expected in general but there is almost no braking force in the Creta. I pointed this out during second free service but the service adviser was clueless.

Since I haven't found a resolution like others, I have modified my driving style to brake in advance before hitting a bump or pothole if possible. If not, then I don't apply brakes when the car encounters the bump or pothole but immediately before or after. Not ideal, but doing this has provided satisfactory braking so far. Hope this helps other users until Hyundai provides a solution.
sid_deb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 21:06   #2084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

1. Faulty ABS System: URL
The first link is really scary but I haven't experienced this in 10,000kms so far.. I have driven in hills, bad roads, good roads.. in one of the situations, the car in front of me braked hard. I was able to stop without hitting it, but a Ciaz behind me rear ended instead.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 01:01   #2085
BHPian

10,000kms done and got it serviced at Capital Hyundai Sector 02 Noida. Engine oil, oil filter and air filter were replaced. Got the alignment checked too. Didn't have any other issue to report.

The bill worked out to Rs. 3240 (715 for alignment) including taxes. Happy the vehicle and service so far.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20171213_093426.jpg
Nonstop-driver is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks