Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2017, 07:03   #2101
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthiksm View Post
I haven't tried fitting baby car seat plus 2 adults yet in rear seat. ...
3. I am getting around 13 kmpl in highway and somewhere around 10-11 kmpl in city.
Thanks, Karthik. I assume the FE mentioned is with a/c.

Regarding the baby car seat, where is the option provided ? side or centre seat ?

What do you miss most in the car ( in terms of variants).
Old 31st December 2017, 07:45   #2102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateMotorhead View Post
1. Roof Wrap

2. Seat Covers:
Congrats on your new ride. And yes, driving it will make you forget about the bitter experience. I had it too when I took delivery of the Ecosport. Now coming to your questions:

Roof Wrap
I used to like it before but now, every 3rd Creta I see on the road has got one. It's become way too common. If you plan to get this done, I would suggest going with an experienced shop like 3M.

Seat Cover
No art leather please. I have traveled in few cars with them and in summer you will regret it. It feels very slippery and make you sweat like anything. Add a foam+leather combo on the armrest (think only the SX(o) variant is a bit soft). BTW, can you share the pictures of your fabric seats? If it's black, I wouldn't worry much.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 09:34   #2103

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks, Karthik. I assume the FE mentioned is with a/c.

Regarding the baby car seat, where is the option provided ? side or centre seat ?

What do you miss most in the car ( in terms of variants).
Sorry, Forgot to mention about AC use, Since its pretty cold presently in Bangalore, AC is on about 70% of times.

Isofix mounts are present only in top end variant. If we are to use regular baby seats, it has to be preferably used at either sides(center has only lap belt)

Things I miss in E Plus petrol:
1.Without fog lamps, car looked odd, So got that installed from Showroom for 8k including change of light control lever.

2.Missed Camera and parking sensors. Got that installed at showroom for total 7k(4.5k + 2.5k). Camera is connected to the existing 5 inch screen in E plus.

3.The things which cant be changed and makes difference are climate control and rear defogger and washer.

My daily commute is 15 mins one way, so won't be needing Android auto/Navigation much. That can be added on anytime as well (showroom quoted 45k)
karthiksm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 09:45   #2104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
The first link is really scary but I haven't experienced this in 10,000kms so far.. I have driven in hills, bad roads, good roads.. in one of the situations, the car in front of me braked hard. I was able to stop without hitting it, but a Ciaz behind me rear ended instead.
I have been facing serious braking issues myself from day 1. Multiple visits to the service center, complaints to the hyundai support line, but to no avail. Its really scary braking on high speeds. Takes away the confidence. Perhaps, the only reason I am contemplating selling my Creta.
Old 31st December 2017, 10:01   #2105
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, Forgot to mention about AC use, Since its pretty cold presently in Bangalore, AC is on about 70% of times.

My daily commute is 15 mins one way, so won't be needing Android auto/Navigation much. That can be added on anytime as well (showroom quoted 45k)
If you want to mostly use Navigation, i would not recommend the Creta OEM version. It still has a lot of misses.

I have used that for two years and mostly i use google maps nowadays on my phone as the route recommendations sometimes in the head unit are not the most ideal.

So my recommendation is evaluate fully before that 45k spend
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 11:05   #2106
BHPian

Quote:

Isofix mounts are present only in top end variant. If we are to use regular baby seats, it has to be preferably used at either sides(center has only lap belt)

Things I miss in E Plus petrol:
1.Without fog lamps, car looked odd, So got that installed from Showroom for 8k including change of light control lever.

2.Missed Camera and parking sensors. Got that installed at showroom for total 7k(4.5k + 2.5k). Camera is connected to the existing 5 inch screen in E plus.

3.The things which cant be changed and makes difference are climate control and rear defogger and washer.

Hello Karthik, the camera for 4500 - Did the dealer fit an OEM camera or some aftermarket brand? Was it a socket to socket fitment or did they have to cut and join wires?
Old 31st December 2017, 15:24   #2107

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
If you want to mostly use Navigation, i would not recommend the Creta OEM version. It still has a lot of misses.

So my recommendation is evaluate fully before that 45k spend
Thanks. Noticed that it is too overpriced, hence avoided. Also since car technology is advancing so much, makes sense to wait for 1-2 years, when probably I would get better equipment at cheaper price. Till then Android phone should do the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuresh View Post
Hello Karthik, the camera for 4500 - Did the dealer fit an OEM camera or some aftermarket brand? Was it a socket to socket fitment or did they have to cut and join wires?
Dealer mentioned it is OEM camera. He said it will be done through sockets. However, I wasn't around when it was done, so really not sure.
Old 31st December 2017, 18:49   #2108
BHPian

Quote:
For the lower variants of the Petrol Creta,

1) how are the head lamp ? Is the illumination sufficient ?
2) Comfort. Family in question has a baby ( < 1 year). Will mainly use the rear seat.
3) FE for the petrol 1.6 version.
We seem to be buying the same cars!!

I have the base version of the Petrol Creta.

1. The headlamps are sufficient. No need for additional lights.

2. Comfort is just a notch below the Dusters Carpet ride.

3. FE is not something very good. With 100% AC in the city I get around 9 - 9.5Kmpl, and 13 - 14 Kmpl or higher on the highways.

The only nag about the base version is that you cannot add a parcel tray easily.
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 10:28   #2109
BHPian

Me too have a petrol E+. Below are my responses to your queries.

Quote:
1) how are the head lamp ? Is the illumination sufficient ?
I was not confident with oem bulbs illumination. So i upgraded to Philips Xtreme vision + 130 and happy with it. No worries with the warranty, since the spec is same.

Quote:
2) Comfort. Family in question has a baby ( < 1 year). Will mainly use the rear seat.
Good travel comfort. Not sure about babies, but My parents above 60 and 70 and 5 year old kid certified it good for a 350 km journey.

Quote:
3) FE for the petrol 1.6 version.
My combined FE in city and occational highway/ hills is 12.95 as per Fuelio app
Old 2nd January 2018, 15:08   #2110
BHPian

We did a 1400 km Delhi - Pushkar - Udaipur - Delhi trip over the last 6 days in our Creta D AT. Some observations:

1. Since roads are a blessing on this stretch, we could maintain our cruising speed between 100-120kmph. The vehicle felt stable and planted at these speeds. Unlike the recent discussion, I did not find braking an issue, at least at these speeds. Had an encounter where I had to brake hard and it went pass without a fuss.

2. We could push the car to high speeds a couple of times. Beyond a point, things get scary and it no longer feels planted. Also the engine feels stretched and resists going further.

3. I've had an i10 for 5 years and have driven my FIL's Verna on Delhi - Jaipur road a couple of times. Although these are different segments, the suspension in Creta is miles ahead of previous gen Hyundai vehicles. It no longer bounces around like a boat.

4. My friend who otherwise drives a manual VW Polo struggled with throttle input on the AT. On highways, overtaking manoeuvres needed rapid acceleration and the AT gearbox was slow to respond, especially for somebody who is not used to it. The car roared loudly when A pedal was depressed with a heavy foot but didn't launch ahead like it was expected.

5. We did about 1400kms (75% on mild AC) and spent Rs. 5,750 on fuel. Translates to about 14-15kmpl. Not too happy with it but I didn't expect too much either.

Easter egg (for me): if you leave the FOB in the car, it will respond with a long beep if you press the request sensor to lock it. But you can still lock it using the other key FOB. Didn't know this until now

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-39445946671_17970949e8_o.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd January 2018 at 17:08. Reason: Editing out mention of high speeds
Nonstop-driver is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 23:49   #2111
BHPian

Hi Folks, Have been having a weird problem with the Creta for the past few hours since I got the car serviced in the evening

Immediately post leaving the service station I noticed that the boot open indicator light was on. I stepped out and thought the boot might not be closed properly and closed it with additional force. The indicator switched off for a few minutes. The indicator came on again after some time and refuses to turn off. Even the boot light is not turning off, even when the boot it closed completely. I suspected that owing to the washing some moisture might have crept in to the latch and have tried to wipe it dry multiple times, but in vain

What could be causing this and is there a fix possible without taking it to the service Center?

I have removed te bulb fuse right now to avoid battery drain
amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 10:50   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
What could be causing this and is there a fix possible without taking it to the service Center?

I think the sensor has either gone kaput or isn't getting activated properly. It should be placed in the latch itself. Try activating it manually.

On a related note, shouldn't the bulb turn off automatically when you switch off the vehicle completely?
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 12:20   #2113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
Hi Folks, Have been having a weird problem with the Creta for the past few hours since I got the car serviced in the evening

Immediately post leaving the service station I noticed that the boot open indicator light was on. I stepped out and thought the boot might not be closed properly and closed it with additional force. The indicator switched off for a few minutes. The indicator came on again after some time and refuses to turn off. Even the boot light is not turning off, even when the boot it closed completely. I suspected that owing to the washing some moisture might have crept in to the latch and have tried to wipe it dry multiple times, but in vain

Had the same problem when I went for my first service.. It maybe a moisture issue. The boot door ajar light is a tricky fella.
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 16:32   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyk View Post
Would also recommend getting 3D mats and light UV protective film. It's unnoticeable and helps a lot with the sun.
May I know where did you get the light UV protective film installed? Which brand and how much did it cost?
Old 5th January 2018, 18:16   #2115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I think the sensor has either gone kaput or isn't getting activated properly. It should be placed in the latch itself. Try activating it manually.

On a related note, shouldn't the bulb turn off automatically when you switch off the vehicle completely?
Even under normal circumstances, the bulb lights up when the boot is opened even with the Vehicle switched off

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Had the same problem when I went for my first service.. It maybe a moisture issue. The boot door ajar light is a tricky fella.
How did it get resolved?

Last edited by amit_2025 : 5th January 2018 at 18:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks