Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2017, 14:05   #2041
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Thank you for the detailed post.
I am not sure if you have done the fitment of Reversing camera on your car with the cable you mentioned, but if yes, could you share some pictures if you have.
Or a link to DIY may be?
Done the fitment and the DIY is live here
sujithsidhardha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 14:13   #2042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Just spoke to Hyundai dealership (Gurgaon),
On inquiring about what all changes would be there in the face lifted version, the guy was like, "off the records there would be a New bumper/Grill, Slightly different interiors, Electronic chromatic irvm, vanity lights for sunshades, sun roof and few other subtle changes"
Thanks for adding to this scoop Kunal - my dealer also downplayed the facelift as minor but when I questioned what he knew, he also shared a similar equipment list. I asked specifically for the following two rumored additions:

1) Mild hybrid start stop
2) Ventilated front seats

Sadly, he was not able to confirm or deny these additions. Can any interested buyer please check with their dealers to ask if these will be included?
Screwdriva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 22:07   #2043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Just got a call from my dealer that Hyundai has launched a new version with a new grille and different seat colors.

Has anyone heard about this development?
Looks like this 👇 one?

http://www.news18.com/news/auto/hyun...s-1563685.html

Hyundai Creta Updated, Gets New Colour Option and Refreshed Interiors

The new Earth Brown exterior colour is available in both single tone and dual tone options.

Ayushmann Chawla*|*News18.comAyushmannChawla

Updated:*November 1, 2017, 1:38 PM IST

Hyundai India has silently rolled out a new exterior colour of its one of the most selling compact SUV Creta. Along with the new Earth Brown colour, the company has also updated the interior trim. With the launch of the new colour option, Hyundai has also removed the Red Passion with Phantom Black dual-tone option. Pearl Beige colour has also been discontinued as well.

The new Earth Brown exterior colour is available in both single tone and dual tone options. The SX+ dual tone trim now gets a Luxure Brown interior colour pack. The package includes Beige colour seats with contrast stitching and brown inserts. It also gets a leather-wrapped steering wheel with contrast stitching and gear knob with brown accents.

Apart from the cosmetic changes, the Hyundai Creta doesn’t get any upgrades. It will still be available in three engine choices- 1.6-litre CRDi VGT diesel engine that delivers 128ps mated to a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic transmission alongside a 1.4-litre CRDi diesel delivering 90ps of power. The petrol engine is powered by 1.6-litre Dual VTVT engine delivering 123ps of power offering a six-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
Old 6th November 2017, 22:18   #2044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Looks like this 👇 one?
Don't believe so. The dealer said that the Facelift would launch only in Jan 2018. I believe this is just a special edition to help clear the last remaining stocks of the pre-facelift unit.
Old 6th November 2017, 23:25   #2045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Along with the new Earth Brown colour, the company has also updated the interior trim.
Earth Brown was an option when I purchased mine 6 months ago. But I've not seen many on road. Maybe the colour didn't sell well and Hyundai offering more to attract buyers.

While this has been rolled out already, a proper update will markets by March I believe. Ventilated seats will be there because Verna gets it. Maybe sun-roof too to differentiate it from the competition.
Old 7th November 2017, 19:19   #2046
BHPian

The new Creta could be based off the Elantra platform like the Verna. Current Creta is based off the old i20 platform.
Cruise Control will definitely be in and so will be ventilated seats. That should be a cracker of a SUV!
Old 7th November 2017, 20:52   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
The new Creta could be based off the Elantra platform like the Verna. Current Creta is based off the old i20 platform.
Cruise Control will definitely be in and so will be ventilated seats. That should be a cracker of a SUV!

The new Verna is based on a new K2 platform which is different from that of Elantra but both have that super structure philosophy. A new Creta is very far off sadly, a dealer had even told us that a facelift is in the cards for late 2018.
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 09:36   #2048
BHPian

Does anyone feel the seat base to be long and uncomfortable for people of height 5'8 and similar. I am just coming after a 35 km drive on my self drive rented Creta 1.4 and i was feeling this. The edges of the seat touch the knee joint from back side. Overall i was not able to find a comfortable seating position. The lack of seat height adjustment could be one factor to it.
Old 8th November 2017, 10:17   #2049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Does anyone feel the seat base to be long and uncomfortable for people of height 5'8 and similar. I am just coming after a 35 km drive on my self drive rented Creta 1.4 and i was feeling this. The edges of the seat touch the knee joint from back side. Overall i was not able to find a comfortable seating position. The lack of seat height adjustment could be one factor to it.
Height adjustment is helpful but I find lack of lumbar support painful.
Old 13th November 2017, 18:47   #2050
BHPian

My Diesel AT is due for its second service. I'm not sure if it is a good idea to switch to synthetic oil at this point. Anyone who started using synthetic oil and can share their experience?

Also if I do, which brand and specification is recommended, and do I need to flush the engine?
Old 15th November 2017, 15:12   #2051
BHPian

Need expert opinion on this query -
My petrol Creta is due for 2nd free service. Its done only 5700 KMs. Do I have to go for oil change? Is it needed or just made mandatory by company? Also what are the most important things I have to look into (get done) during this service.
Old 15th November 2017, 15:55   #2052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Need expert opinion on this query -
My petrol Creta is due for 2nd free service. Its done only 5700 KMs. Do I have to go for oil change? Is it needed or just made mandatory by company? Also what are the most important things I have to look into (get done) during this service.
Yes, you should change the oil as the service interval has hit irrespective of kms run. The rule is kms run OR time since last service.
Old 17th November 2017, 08:45   #2053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
My Diesel AT is due for its second service. I'm not sure if it is a good idea to switch to synthetic oil at this point. Anyone who started using synthetic oil and can share their experience?

Also if I do, which brand and specification is recommended, and do I need to flush the engine?
Hello. If it is the engine oil you are talking about, you may go for Shell Helix Ultra AH 5W-30. It is a fully synthetic oil recommend by Hyundai for Petrol and Diesel engines (printed on the barrel). I opted for this oil during my 3rd free service and I must say that the vehicle is a lot smoother now. The details about the oil and my service experience are mentioned in a post I made about a month back. Please see that. About the flush - I don't know how useful it is. I have never got one done. If you choose to do it, be sure you are standing beside your car during the oil change procedure. I would never trust the service center staff.
rsuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 11:45   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuresh View Post
Hello. If it is the engine oil you are talking about, you may go for Shell Helix Ultra AH 5W-30. It is a fully synthetic oil recommend by Hyundai for Petrol and Diesel engines (printed on the barrel).
I checked the Hyundai site and it mentioned SAE 15W40 there for Creta. Do you feel 5W-30 would thin too much in Indian summer?
Old 17th November 2017, 12:34   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I checked the Hyundai site and it mentioned SAE 15W40 there for Creta. Do you feel 5W-30 would thin too much in Indian summer?
Please look up your car's user manual. The recommended oil is specified there. For my 1.6 CRDi manual, the recommended oil, if I remember correctly, was SAE 5W-30. Shell Helix Ultra matched that, so I went ahead.
rsuresh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks