Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2017, 08:36   #1906
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Sitting on the fence over swapping the black understated grill for a chrome unit from the higher variants.
And here I'm trying to swap the chrome one to black for my black Creta SX+. The extra chrome doesn't suit the Creta, IMO, which would look better in a stealth look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Does the Creta better the Duster in terms of dynamics(less body roll) and comfort?
We spent 3 months going back and forth between the two. While Creta is comfortable over potholes and corners, Duster is a magic carpet. Also Creta lacks lumbar support while Duster RXZ gets an adjustable one.

But if you look at the bigger picture, Duster comes with really cheap parts that are no match for its competition. For example, the recent airbag controversy, and the headlights and horn that need immediate replacement. These things lead to lack of trust for Renault and that's why I could never see myself buy a Duster and drive it without worrying about something or the other. Biggest of all, ageing. The vehicle ages really bad.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 10:52   #1907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Hello!

Can any of the existing owners help me in making decision for my cousin?
Creta E+ Petrol costs 11.33 Lakhs OTR Pune
Creta E+ DIESEL costs 11.7 Lakhs OTR Pune (just a difference of 37 k Rs.)

Now when his running would be around 1000 KM per month, which option makes sense?
Me too was in the same dilema and finally opted for Petrol E+. Vehicle was delivered on 31Aug after a week and half from booking date. My monthly running would be a maximum of 500kms as of now.

For a better idea, below are the additions available on Petrol E+ that are missing in Diesel E+.

1. Roof Rails
2. Front Map Lamp
3. Sunglass Holder
4. 5" Touch Screen Audio (Reverse camera can be connected to this device with a simple cable Link to aliexpress. Price in the link is costly, but we can make the same for less than 50/- INR)
5. Steering Mounted Audio Control
6. Steering Mounted Bluetooth Hands Free
7. Front Tweeters (2 Nos)

Points i considered for opting E+ Petrol was the below ones.

1. Possibility of diesel ban
2. Low running and the difference in the extra amount (In kerala the difference is 63,943/-) take more than 3 years for break even in my case.
3. 1.6 v/s 1.4
4. Higher diesel maintenance costs when compared to petrol.
5. Need to spend more to get a decent head unit to connect the reverse camera (Not interested in an additional screen).
6. If i opt for diesel, i miss the factory fitted steering controls, roof rails, bluetooth handsfree, Front Map Lamp & Sunglass Holder
7. Silky smooth riding comfort of petrol engine.

The merits i found with diesel e+ is the higher mileage and the low speed drivability of diesel engines, which i could sacrifice for the petrol variant merits.

Quote:
Can ICE upgraded if he goes with Diesel E+ option?
Of course, ICE can be upgraded.

Last edited by sujithsidhardha : 5th September 2017 at 11:01. Reason: correction
sujithsidhardha is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 01:00   #1908
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Hello Anurag, sorry for gate crashing. Apart from being dated, may we know the reason why the Duster wasn't considered?
That car was never in consideration for its​ dated looks and interior quality, feel etc. No offence to any Duster/Terrano users, I find my Swift having better interiors.

Didn't like the looks of it, interior and exterior hence was out from the equation without much thought let alone a TD. Neither dad nor wifey approved the Duster/Terrano.

Last edited by a4anurag : 6th September 2017 at 01:14.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 13:30   #1909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
For a better idea, below are the additions available on Petrol E+ that are missing in Diesel E+.

1. Roof Rails
2. Front Map Lamp
3. Sunglass Holder
4. 5" Touch Screen Audio (Reverse camera can be connected to this device with a simple cable Link to aliexpress. Price in the link is costly, but we can make the same for less than 50/- INR)
5. Steering Mounted Audio Control
6. Steering Mounted Bluetooth Hands Free
7. Front Tweeters (2 Nos)

Of course, ICE can be upgraded.
Thank you for the detailed post.
I am not sure if you have done the fitment of Reversing camera on your car with the cable you mentioned, but if yes, could you share some pictures if you have.
Or a link to DIY may be?
Old 7th September 2017, 19:07   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the detailed post.
I am not sure if you have done the fitment of Reversing camera on your car with the cable you mentioned, but if yes, could you share some pictures if you have.
Or a link to DIY may be?
Not done the fitment yet. Ordered a suitable camera from aliexpress. Once I receive the camera, will do the fitment and post the details.

Its a simple DIY. One end of the cable has the connector for head unit. Other end has camera input and reverse trigger input. I am travelling now and will be back by sunday. So, If you are planning to make your own cable, i will share the pinouts and other details when I am back.
Old 8th September 2017, 14:16   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations in advance.

I have booked the same variant on 30.08.2017. God knows when I'll get mine.

I have asked my SA but he isn't sure when the delivery would happen. They have placed an order/indent for the car on 31.08.2017.

No updated thereafter.
Hi Anuraag,

Congratulations in advance for Creta, I am sure will see lots many DIY on it, in future.

I have booked Sx+ CRDi on 4th September 2017 and the Delivery date given is 21st September 2017.

The Orion Hyundai guys have being updating me on regular basis.

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 8th September 2017 at 14:23.
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 14:29   #1912
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
I have booked Sx+ CRDi on 4th September 2017 and the Delivery date given is 21st September 2017.
Thank you Kunal Sir. And congratulations on the booking and new car.

My booking was done on 30th August, I am expected to get delivery only by September month end. Dealership guys aren't​ budging for faster delivery timeline.

Lucky you, at least you've got a date for delivery, I am clueless with zero clarity from my SA and the dealership.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 15:48   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Kunal Sir. And congratulations on the booking and new car.

My booking was done on 30th August, I am expected to get delivery only by September month end. Dealership guys aren't​ budging for faster delivery timeline.

Lucky you, at least you've got a date for delivery, I am clueless with zero clarity from my SA and the dealership.
Incidentally I too booked 2 cretas on 25th Aug 1 petrol and 1 diesel AT each. The dealership called yesterday and asked us to pay the full ex showroom price for the diesel so that they can get the car billed from Hyundai to them. That way even if the car reaches us after 10 days due to trailer's transport time we will be immune to the Cess hike if it comes before the car. Now I'm pushing for the petrol AT billing in the same vein to secure the pricing at least.

Lets see what happens!
abs182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 12:48   #1914
BHPian

Folks, any luck finding a way to update the old firmware to the new one, to enable Carplay and Android Auto on older cars? It is seriously depressing that simple software updates are being withheld by Hyundai, which ideally have minimal cost impact to them.
Old 11th September 2017, 13:52   #1915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
Folks, any luck finding a way to update the old firmware to the new one, to enable Carplay and Android Auto on older cars? It is seriously depressing that simple software updates are being withheld by Hyundai, which ideally have minimal cost impact to them.
Few here said it requires some hardware change. Not sure on that. I thought it's a software update. Anyways, the dealer here isnt responding well. So I am trying a new dealer for service later this month. Will check with them.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 18:33   #1916
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I own a CRETA 1.6 Diesal SX (purchased in Oct 2015) and its due for 2nd insurance renewal.

Previous insurance details
1st insurance from Reliance--Bumper to Bumper-- Paid Rs45000
2nd insurance from TATA AIG--Comprehensive--Paid Rs20008 (paid on 7th Oct 2016)

I received a quote from AIG thru the hyundai dealer in bangalore(TRIDENT) for 20000 Rs.
Just wanted to check with fellow creta owners who have recently renewed their insurance whether they paid same amount.
I was expecting the insurance premium to comedown as there was no claims but it seems to same as previous years premium.
Old 12th September 2017, 23:45   #1917
BANNED

Any owner who has the Creta specific (if any) PDI check list?
Old 13th September 2017, 02:59   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Hi Folks,

I own a CRETA 1.6 Diesal SX (purch

Previous insurance details
1st insurance from Reliance--Bumper to Bumper-- Paid Rs45000
2nd insurance from TATA AIG--Comprehensive--Paid Rs20008 (paid on 7th Oct 2016)

I received a quote from AIG thru the hyundai dealer in bangalore(TRIDENT) for 20000 Rs.
This is mostly due to the implementation of GST which has led to 3% increase in tax from 15% earlier to 18% now on insurance premiums, be it automobile, health or life insurance.
Old 14th September 2017, 00:26   #1919
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Incidentally I too booked 2 cretas on 25th Aug 1 petrol and 1 diesel AT each.
Any update?

Have you got the delivery of the Creta?

I have no news whatsoever from the SA/dealership I booked. All they keep singing is, "We'll try to deliver the car by the month end!!"

Last edited by a4anurag : 14th September 2017 at 00:50.
Old 14th September 2017, 11:49   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Any update?

Have you got the delivery of the Creta?

I have no news whatsoever from the SA/dealership I booked. All they keep singing is, "We'll try to deliver the car by the month end!!"
One Diesel AT's chassis and engine number has come. It will be in transit soon. Another Petrol AT has no news at all. The dealer is trying hard to allocate the same at the earliest. I too like you am either planning to cancel the booking or else convert the booking to Diesel AT. As according to the SA getting a petrol's allocation is difficult compared to diesel. We took a delivery of one AT diesel on the 15th of Aug which was delivered in 10 days flat but that was the lower AT version. Fortunately my SA is very communicative and keeps in the loop almost everyday.
abs182 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks