Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2018, 16:59   #2386
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Anyone facing headlamp condensation with Creta?

User manual says, "After heavy driving, rain or washing headlight and taillight lenses could appear frosty. This condition is caused by the temperature difference between the lamp inside and outside. This is similar to the condensation on your windows inside your vehicle during the rain and doesn’t indicate a problem with your vehicle. If the water leaks into the lamp bulb circuitry, we recommend that the system be checked by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer."

But i couldn't find the scenario with other cretas around me. Bit confused, whether this need to be bothered or to pass on as per the user manual. Some photos are attached. Even though its common across vehicles, expecting the experience from fellow creta owners.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20180512_232015.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20180512_232030.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20180512_232040.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20180512_232048.jpg
sujithsidhardha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 17:33   #2387
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
But i couldn't find the scenario with other cretas around me. Bit confused, whether this need to be bothered or to pass on as per the user manual. Some photos are attached. Even though its common across vehicles, expecting the experience from fellow creta owners.
Did you or the ASC change the headlight bulb or indicator bulb recently?

Check that rubber boot behind the headlight bulbs. May be damaged or not seated properly letting moisture inside.
Old 20th June 2018, 19:33   #2388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone facing headlamp condensation with Creta?
This may not be directly related but I had condensation in my i20's projector headlamps yesterday while driving in moderate rainfall in Ooty and the outside temperature was 12 deg. Never had that happen during rains in Chennai so I passed it off as a one-off. Perhaps the cooler weather in Ooty was the cause, I'm not sure. Back in Chennai now and there's no condensation even after an extensive car wash. I guess you can see if it persists and then take a call on it.
Old 21st June 2018, 09:26   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Did you or the ASC change the headlight bulb or indicator bulb recently?

Check that rubber boot behind the headlight bulbs. May be damaged or not seated properly letting moisture inside.
Yes. Bulbs were changed. Me too suspect that this happened after changing the bulbs. But i did that carefully and the rubber seal is intact. Couldn't find any visible damage with the cap or rubber seal. Rechecked and refitted the dust cover along with the rubber seal after facing the condensation issue. But no change.

Is there any tip to refit it, so that the problem can be resolved?

Last edited by sujithsidhardha : 21st June 2018 at 09:32.
Old 21st June 2018, 09:41   #2390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any tip to refit it, so that the problem can be resolved?
It won't be any damage to the dust cap. I think there's moisture trapped inside the unit when you opened it. Leave the car out on a sunny day and it should clear it. I had this problem on the Swift and left the car out for a few minutes.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 10:49   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Leave the car out on a sunny day and it should clear it.
It's getting cleared after some time. But will be back again on a rainy day after headlamp is switched on.
Old 25th June 2018, 12:46   #2392
BHPian

Installed Front roof lamps on my creta E+ crdi model

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HXQQ...825317004.html

Ordered it from Delhi (through some olx seller , cost : 3k) and got it installed from a local installer for 500/-

Refer to the above link for installtion instructions.
rreddy18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 13:38   #2393
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreddy18 View Post
Installed Front roof lamps on my creta E+ crdi model
Would you mind posting some before and after images of the install so it would help others to order it. Thanks in advance.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 10:44   #2394
BHPian

One of the effects of rapidly increasing salt in your salt and pepper hair style is that one tends to forget certain mundane processes which normally once done would have stuck in the grey matter.

In the instant case, my dear Nanook has started to show the service reminder in the MID as soon as i start the vehicle . I reset this seven months back but now it is again showing as overdue and i am at my wits end having completely erased the process from my RAM how to reset it.

Could someone kindly again share the process to reset the service reminder.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 00:32   #2395
BHPian

Hello Creta owners and fellow BHPians,

I need advice on Creta and is it worth the premium over the Brezza. I am currently in the market for an automatic diesel SUV. The problem that I am facing is convincing my brain of the premium that I have to pay for Creta. I am currently exploring getting a Vitara Brezza ZDi+ vs the Creta 2018 S and the Creta 2017 SX+ from a dealer. The premium that I will be paying for S will be INR 3L and for SX+ INR 3.8L over the Brezza.

In favour of Brezza

1. Its damn cheap!
2. Its fuel efficient
3. It looks really delicious
4. Superb feature list vs. the 2018 S auto

In favour of Creta

1. Love those alloys in the 2017 SX+
2. While I was ok with the TD of Brezza until I TD the Creta. It blew me away in terms of smooth shifting, rapid acceleration and NVH levels
3. Its big and full sized SUV - though I am based out of Bangalore so not sure if that’s a good thing
4. Interior quality: I have recently sold my Audi S3 and I felt at home in Hyundai. I have previously owned a Ritz and I really cant take rattling interiors in 2018

I am sure a lot of Creta owners would have faced a similar dilemma be it auto or manual. Would be great to know your experiences and recommendations.

@Modslease excuse if this is not the right forum for this question
Old 28th June 2018, 01:05   #2396
Senior - BHPian

Is this car going to be your primary drive or secondary ride? If it is going to take over the duties performed by the Audi, I'd say go for the Creta. You might end up regretting purchasing the Brezza a few months later.

If this is a beater car which the chauffeur will use, then go ahead and buy the Brezza and save $$$. Get the S. The SX+ is too old.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 01:19   #2397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Is this car going to be your primary drive or secondary ride? If it is going to take over the duties performed by the Audi, I'd say go for the Creta. You might end up regretting purchasing the Brezza a few months later.

If this is a beater car which the chauffeur will use, then go ahead and buy the Brezza and save $$$. Get the S. The SX+ is too old.
Thanks a lot! The car is going to be self driven, though why do you suggest the S over the SX+
Old 28th June 2018, 01:43   #2398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka88 View Post
Thanks a lot! The car is going to be self driven, though why do you suggest the S over the SX+
Buy a new SX+. Don't buy the 2017 models, they have spent too much time in the stockyard.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 09:31   #2399
Senior - BHPian

How come a hot selling car such as Creta has a 2017 year vehicle unsold in the middle of 2018?
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 11:43   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
How come a hot selling car such as Creta has a 2017 year vehicle unsold in the middle of 2018?
By 2017, I mean the pre facelift variant. In fact most of the Hyundai showrooms have 2-3 units and they are liquidating at fairly good price!
kanishka88 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks