Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2020, 15:36   #2836
BHPian

Re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Hi guys, I've the 1.4 diesel Creta brought last November. I run about 40k kms every year including past year. The last service I did a few days back i shifted to my FNG at 40k kms as I don't want Bill shocks at the ASC. Previously all services done at local Hyundai ASC.Sourced all the parts from MOBIS.

My questions are as follows-
1. Would be it be good to do the oil change/ service at 8k kms? For better engine life. My Mech from FNG suggested 10w40 @ every 10k kms or if using company specs of 15w40 @ 8k kms.

2. Would it be good to go for Bosch fuel filter as it's only Rs800 as against Rs 1800 for the genuine Hyundai ones.

3. Bosch brake pads are only Rs 1000 as against Rs3750 for genuine ones. I've already brought this was wondering if Bosch was good enough.

4. Planing to buy Mobil 15w40 6.5 liter bucket from Amazon as it's only Rs 1850 as against local Petronas which was Rs2200 for the same. Any thoughts on this?

Since I service every 2 and half months service costs are important for me. If I switch to 8k service one service cost per year will increase, I'm willing to go for it if I can get trouble free 5 years of use ( Generally I keep a car for 8-10 years. First 4 -5 years as highway car. Next as a secondary city car)Anything else you would suggest me to service on a schedule apart from this? I've used a Duster 85 ps for past 4 years before this which is now my secondary car which currently is at 214k kms doing only routine oil changes. Can the Creta follow a similar service/usage? Past year has been great. Good fuel milage and hardly any niggles.

Awaiting your comments. Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20201202_104533.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2020, 11:05   #2837
BHPian

Hey Guys I have 2015 Creta Diesel Automatic.

I have run around 52K kms and am still on the Factory Tyres and I think they are due for change, what tyres would you suggest for the Creta for comfort and long life.

Am planning to keep the car for 2 more years alteast, and am contemplating an Audio upgrade as well.

Cheers.
Old 7th May 2021, 18:25   #2838
BHPian

Guys I need some advise, my Creta SX A/T is nearing 5 years and 55,000 kms of completion and I would like to know:
  • I'm still on my OEM Tires have not changed they still look like they have some tread in the but would definitely want to change them before the rainy seasons any suggestion on which is a decent tyre to go for keeping all round performance.
  • Any thing to get done in the upcoming service especially after 5 years as part of preventive maintenance as I do plan to keep this car for another 2 years atleast.
  • I am facing some electrical problems in the car, first time I had Window button for the passenger side which stopped working and not the Auto folding has stopped working, anyone else facing these issues?

@mods: please delete my previous post seems to have posted it by mistake.

Thank in advance,
M

Last edited by xtremeshock : 7th May 2021 at 18:26.
xtremeshock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 18:34   #2839
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
I'm still on my OEM Tires have not changed they still look like they have some tread in the but would definitely want to change them before the rainy seasons any suggestion on which is a decent tyre to go for keeping all round performance.
I own a Creta too have recently changed to Yokohama Earth-1 from the OEM tyres (Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport). Good tyre for both dry and wet conditions. I definitely recommend this tyre.

Does your car too come shod with 215/60 R17 tyres from factory?

Quote:
Any thing to get done in the upcoming service especially after 5 years as part of preventive maintenance as I do plan to keep this car for another 2 years at least.
Just follow what the owner's manual recommends and avoid any VAS (Value Added Services) like injector cleaning, engine decarbonisation etc at the ASC.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 09:51   #2840
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am facing some electrical problems in the car, first time I had Window button for the passenger side which stopped working
I had the same issue. The left side windows (front and rear passenger) stopped working. When I had consulted with HASS during the last service, they advice me to replace the motor even without diagnosing the issue. Went to a FNG, they opened the door pads, cleaned and lubricated it. They said it's a common problem in older Hyundais. Asked me to operate these windows occasionally.
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 13:38   #2841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I own a Creta too have recently changed to Yokohama Earth-1 from the OEM tyres (Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport). Good tyre for both dry and wet conditions. I definitely recommend this tyre.

Does your car too come shod with 215/60 R17 tyres from factory?

Just follow what the owner's manual recommends and avoid any VAS (Value Added Services) like injector cleaning, engine decarbonisation etc at the ASC.
Yes the same 215/60 R17 - Will definitely consider the Bridgestone Dueler's. What is the price you paid for it?

Regarding the service yes will open up that Manual and follow-it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I had the same issue. The left side windows (front and rear passenger) stopped working. When I had consulted with HASS during the last service, they advice me to replace the motor even without diagnosing the issue. Went to a FNG, they opened the door pads, cleaned and lubricated it. They said it's a common problem in older Hyundais. Asked me to operate these windows occasionally.
Thanks for the information, will definitely go to a good FNG and try and get this sorted.
xtremeshock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 13:59   #2842
BANNED

Quote:
Yes the same 215/60 R17 - Will definitely consider the Bridgestone Dueler's. What is the price you paid for it.
I paid ₹8,100 per tyre for the Yokohama Earth-1 (215/60 R17). Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport were almost ₹11,000 per tyre.

Last edited by a4anurag : 8th May 2021 at 14:00.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 14:43   #2843
BHPian

Quote:
+1
This is a common issue in the 1st gen Creta’s I believe.
The motors of all the 4 power windows in my car have been replaced under warranty.

Also, please use the windows atleast once a week to keep them functioning properly.

I drive alone 95% times, hence I just roll them once a week to keep them in shape.
ashvek3141 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 09:00   #2844
BHPian

Quote:
I had the same issue.
I too faced the same issue twice since I got the car in 2017. Most of the time I'm the only occupant in the car and even with passengers we seldom operate the windows. Essentially the rear windows remains closed for months on end. First time o faced this problem was about six months after purchase, the rear left passenger window was responding from the driver side controls. I got out and operated it form the rear door and it rolled down and up. No issues then from operating using driver side controls. The other time was towards the end of 2019, when my wife tried to open the rear right window. This time it was not operable from both door switch and driver side switch. I turned off the ignition and waited for 30 second then tried again and it started working from both switches. I didn't consult anyone regarding this since this was a one off case and I thought it might be because of me not using the window switches much. Then onwards I make it a point to roll down and up all windows once a week. And since 2019 the issue has not resurfaced.
BLACNWYTE is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 10:27   #2845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
I too faced the same issue twice since I got the car in 2017.
I too had power window-related issues twice and expect another one soon. The first issue was with the front left window, which was not operating with the passenger side switch, but the same was working from the driver side. As per HASS, it was a problem with the switch and was replaced under warranty. During last year August PMS, HASS intimated that the rear left power window motor had an intermittent issue and was replaced under warranty on their own. Anyway, there was no issue when I did an overall check before PMS.

I religiously operate all electricals once a week. During last week process, the front left passenger window was not working with passenger side and driver side switches. Anyway, tried a couple of times and got it working.

Meanwhile, mine is also a 2017 model. One of my friend who took delivery along with me also had the power window issue once and got the motor replaced under warranty. It seems there is some quality issue around the power window components.
sujithsidhardha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 09:22   #2846
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
I too had power window-related issues twice and expect another one soon. The first issue was with the front left window, which was not operating with the passenger side switch, but the same was working from the driver side.

I religiously operate all electricals once a week. During last week process, the front left passenger window was not working with passenger side and driver side switches. Anyway, tried a couple of times and got it working.

Meanwhile, mine is also a 2017 model. One of my friend who took delivery along with me also had the power window issue once and got the motor replaced under warranty. It seems there is some quality issue around the power window components.
Same issue here as well, I have a 17’ Creta and the rear left power window motor has been changed under warranty by HASS themselves.

And now recently the co-driver side window stopped working from both co-driver switch and driver side switch. But few days later it started working on its own!
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 10:38   #2847
BHPian

I too have faced the power window issue and both the rear motors have been replaced under warranty. I have a feeling this issue will crop up again. Mine is a 2017 Creta as well.
Torque_Curve is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 12:00   #2848
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
This is a common issue in the 1st gen Creta’s I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
I too faced the same issue twice since I got the car in 2017.
Quote:
I too had power window-related issues twice and expect another one soon. Meanwhile, mine is also a 2017 model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Same issue here as well, I have a 17’ Creta...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
Mine is a 2017 Creta as well.
I may be lucky but yet to have any issues with the power windows so far in my '17 Creta.

As many of you have described, being a single occupied car, the rear windows are hardly used, causing them to jam due to all the dust getting lodged in the channels, making it difficult for the motor to operate freely. I make it a point to operate them daily just to keep them in running condition.

I also clean the channel with a toothbrush and mild shampoo to avoid any dust buildup.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 13:23   #2849
BHPian

Glad to hear you haven't come across this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
As many of you have described, being a single occupied car, the rear windows are hardly used, causing them to jam due to all the dust getting lodged in the channels, making it difficult for the motor to operate freely.
It may be a reason for the motor failure. Stressful conditions like a jam could cause a motor failure and could blow the winding in some cases. But such a jam should not happen commonly for a product like a vehicle that is exposed to dust and rain. Right? In my case, I operate once a week. On very few occasions, I missed it. Still, it failed in my case.

After the white paint peeling, premature clutch wear, ABS sensor issues, could we consider this to be the next on the list for creta. It seems some sort of serious quality control issue happened with Hyundai in the case of creta.
sujithsidhardha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 14:15   #2850
BANNED

Quote:
It may be a reason for the motor failure. Stressful conditions like a jam could cause a motor failure and could blow the winding in some cases. But such a jam should not happen commonly for a product like a vehicle that is exposed to dust and rain. Right? In my case, I operate once a week. On very few occasions, I missed it. Still, it failed in my case.
I feel it is the amperage draw from those motors that could be killing them whenever the glass was jammed and also simultaneous heat generation could be the second cause of motor failure. I haven't measured the current pull during that period but I am sure it must be a lot.

Quote:
After the white paint peeling, premature clutch wear, ABS sensor issues, could we consider this to be the next on the list for creta. It seems some sort of serious quality control issue happened with Hyundai in the case of creta.
Our generation Creta was test-bench for Hyundai to arrest any issues so they don't happen with the second generation like paint quality and brakes. We, owners, are the guinea pigs for them.

Last edited by a4anurag : 17th May 2021 at 14:16.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks