Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2006, 13:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

This car is the Accent replacement - why do we all go overboard and start thinking in terms of pricing this at around 10 lakhs ? Is this because it has a 110 bhp engine? IMHO a car is much more than just an engine or 'the power of a hundred horses' and I think the project MAX price of 7.5 lakhs is still pushing the limits a bit.

A 50k premium over the Accent should be okay - nothing more.
Old 19th September 2006, 13:54   #32
BHPian

Guys,

I was speaking to a sales person in a dealership in Bangalore (I am an old customer and know the sales person very well).

Here is what he told me:-
Verna petrol: 7.5 L
Verna diesel: 8.65 L

The prices are on road at Bangalore.

I do not know how authentic they are but in the past he has always given me accurate information including the launch date of Verna as Sep 2006. The launch date info was given to me in June 2005).
Old 19th September 2006, 15:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover
Guys,

I was speaking to a sales person in a dealership in Bangalore (I am an old customer and know the sales person very well).

Here is what he told me:-
Verna petrol: 7.5 L
Verna diesel: 8.65 L

The prices are on road at Bangalore.
Are these the base model prices or the top end model prices.
Also anybody having any idea as to how many variants would be launched.
Old 19th September 2006, 16:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

The Price seems to be OK if its the top end version with ABS and all. Dunno if i can expect at least front air bags.

Mebbe i will end up buying the Verna CRDI. Cant wait for on road tests.
Old 19th September 2006, 17:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Nice one there, superamerica. By the looks of it, the car seems promising enough.

Not jumping into conclusions, but price the Crdi below 8L on-road Mumbai, and it's Adeos' to Fiesta TDCi's, and a huge chunk of NHC's.
Old 19th September 2006, 17:31   #36
BHPian

The service chief of Popular Hyundai, Cochin says only information he got that each Verna models will be priced higher than the Accent ones. Also he said Hyundai have not released the prices to any dealerships in India yet. The pricing strategy is still being worked out.

Well, donno how accurate his information is. Only thing is I know him very well.
Old 19th September 2006, 17:44   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
... and a huge chunk of NHC's.
I doubt whether NHC will go down that easily. That depends on the 'status' factor Verna manages, along with other refinements.

btw, will Verna have any impact on NHC's priices?
Old 19th September 2006, 20:45   #38
BHPian

price

From what I was told by the Dealer at Ajmer, the Price here is expected to be between 815-825000 for CrDi & Only 1 trim now in CRDI (Which explains why team BHP saw only CRDi written). I think the price should not be more than about 775000 ex showroom (or about 50000 more than the current version of Accent).

From my searches I have found out that the Verna CRDi has a 351 Ltr. boot, 2500 mm wheelbase. Is a bit longer wider and higher than the current Accent. Has more rear leg space (1.5"). Rear split folding seats. 108 Bhp (4000 RPM) engine and 24 KgM torque (2000-2700 RPM). These specs are only if the engine is not de-rated to 100/102 bhp and about 22 -23 kgm Torque. 1.5 Liter Detroit Diesel Engine (Vgt). Getz is expected to get a similar engine later (perhaps without VGT to make it a bit less powerful)

It seems a bit squat with no distinctive styling cues. In fact from the front light view it looks like the Indica / Indigo, with a short stumpy Boot (Reminds me of the Baleno and the Viva), (Also very similar to the new larger Elantra to be introduced). Looks nothing to get excited about. Not a really pretty car but a whoppingly capable one.

The seats and materials are expected to be better than the Accent and a CD player is expected to be present. The acceleration is good and Noise levels inside are very low. Fuel economy on Highway with AC is expected to be 18+ and City about 14.

NO ABS TCS OR AIRBAGS. (This is the worst part)

If any more feedback is available I am interested, as I have nearly finalised this car and it is on tentative order for me awaiting final specs and pricing.

The petrol version is expected to have 3 trims, the highest at Rs.725000/- (about 100000 less than the CRDi and that's a huge difference). 110 Bhp 1.6 litre engine
Old 19th September 2006, 21:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

with hyundai scoring far better on after sales service, even a marginally higher price than fiesta should do wonders for the verna
Old 19th September 2006, 22:17   #40
BHPian

Superamerica,

Good review mate! nice work! its nice to read about the Verna, and wow, its named VERNA, not ACCENT! good on it, a change from the regular name! Verna sounds more sexy! hahaha!

They had a nice ad in todays Deccan Chronicle paper in hyd regd the Verna.. it had horses galloping, and between them the show the front portion of verna. nice ad!

hope to see the car once it comes in the showroom here.
Old 19th September 2006, 23:31   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
Superamerica,

Good review mate! nice work! its nice to read about the Verna, and wow, its named VERNA, not ACCENT! good on it, a change from the regular name! Verna sounds more sexy! hahaha!

They had a nice ad in todays Deccan Chronicle paper in hyd regd the Verna.. it had horses galloping, and between them the show the front portion of verna. nice ad!

hope to see the car once it comes in the showroom here.
Just checked out the epaper site, thatz exactly the horses i saw on the sticker at the dealer. Sure hyundai's USP this time around is going to be power against the Fiesta/City.
Old 20th September 2006, 00:20   #42
BHPian

Elantra CRDi

The Elantra CRDi (D) or decontent model is priced at Rs.873000 ex showroom at Ajmer. It does not have ABS TCS AIRBAGS CD changer and some more features. The Same in Petrol is available for Rs.725000. some more discounts are a possibility
Old 20th September 2006, 16:31   #43
BHPian

Switched on the idiot box yesterday and what do I see? A preview of the Verna on Headlines Today in South Africa. The CRDi is supposed to be more FE than the Accent CRDi and has stonking performance (as per the reviewer). My guess is that if the CRDi is priced close to the NHC, the NHC is going to have a tough time.
Old 20th September 2006, 16:55   #44
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza
My guess is that if the CRDi is priced close to the NHC, the NHC is going to have a tough time.
See NHC's website... they are already trying to justify why NHC is better than diesel cars.
Old 20th September 2006, 17:31   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
See NHC's website... they are already trying to justify why NHC is better than diesel cars.
Which means that Honda is already feeling the heat, much before the actual release. Nice to have some competition around. Will spur the Hondas/Fords/Suzukis to pull up their boots and get into action. Hopefully all of this should benefit us - the consumer.

All I hope is Hyundai gets the price correct, instead of screwing up, like it did with some of its products here. If it does get it right, I know what is going to be history.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks