Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2006, 00:51   #76
Senior - BHPian

It's a tight spot they've put themselves in with the pricing...they can't sell 2 1.6 litre engines (DOHC Accent too) within a lakh or so of each other, so the petrol can't be too cheap. And thus neither can the diesel. But they can't be expensive either, or who's going to buy the Elantra? Which, I may add, is riding a HUGE popularity wave with the price cuts et al.
Old 23rd September 2006, 03:09   #77
BHPian

Some of things we can see include the fact that the petrol and diesel variants don’t have much difference on the power output front. The diesel actually is higher. Probably makes sense as the car is higher on price too.

Also as some of us rightly pointed out te price differential in segments seems to be blurring basis packaging and trim available on different models.
Old 23rd September 2006, 20:17   #78
BHPian

what would be the price for top end petrol?
Old 24th September 2006, 00:43   #79
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I have found a backdoor to the all new hyundai verna website.

Visit http://www.hyundaiverna.co.in.... eum UID ?? Password ????

Now visit http://www.hyundaiverna.co.in/index.html

and Thnx me
Old 24th September 2006, 11:43   #80
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai has always played safe on the pricing front, but with the disasters of Elantra and Sonata Embera, I'm not so sure anymore. Nevertheless, they cannot afford to lose out with the Verna, as the company is dying to repeat success after the Accent and Santro.

On-road prices between 8.0-8.5 for the fully loaded diesel (having ABS, climate control and airbags, like the petrol variant) should be just about right. Below the Elantra, above the Accent Crdi. Else, Hyundai is playing a dangerous gamble.
Old 24th September 2006, 13:03   #81
Senior - BHPian

Dude.. please edit your post coz i also posted the uid and pass and post got delted.. We are not allowed to post usernamd and password.
Old 24th September 2006, 13:56   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Yeah, 8.15 ex-showroom would be like close to 9L on road. Too high, IMO.
BTW, is the FiestaD a CRDi engine ? Is TDCi some flavour of CRDi like DICOR ?
TDCi - Turbocharged Direct Common-rail injection, its all the same - crdi, crde, dicor & tdci.........but TDCi has 3rd generation injectors compared to accent crdi....the price will be around 8L for sure for the verna crdi without ABS,etc
Old 24th September 2006, 15:44   #83
BHPian

The price of the top end Petrol Verna should be about Rs.720000 ex showroom Jaipur. This is with ABS Airbag etc. I think.

I dont know how they will justify these, as the Corolla is available for about 930000 - 935000 net ex showroom and the Executive for 885000 ex showroom. The executive is expected to cost lesser in the following months. H1 is with ABS Airbag Alloy CD & Cassette player etc.
Old 24th September 2006, 19:10   #84
BHPian

@ KaranBajaj, dude, thanks for the pics, great clicks!

@ V1p3r: Except for the Rear seat handrest drink holder, nothing looks tucsonish.

For around 9lk onroad for the Verna, even more better for ppl to as well go for the Elantra! jus too pricey, IMHO. Hyundai getting this wrong, all wrong! now i see they continuing the old accent and putting in the newer version as the VERNA here.

sounds familiar...laura/octavia!

Last edited by Insane Devil : 24th September 2006 at 19:12.
Old 24th September 2006, 19:17   #85

i was just comparing the equipment levels in the verna crdi and its really disappointing. i mean i can understand if the cut out the big things like climate control and alloy wheels which would make the price soar even higher but not providing seat back pockets, power mirrors, driver side height adjuster, music system, speakers, remote locking, adjustable rear headrests and height adjust. front seatbelts etc is shameful. and if the car is priced arnd 9 lak its daylight robbery. hope the engine lives up to the hype else its a terrible deal anyone can get.

by the way the verna crdi is compared to the fiesta tdci 1.4exi which is the cheapest model in fiesta. the standard diesel(the one they started off with) was the 1.4zxi tdci which has more stuff than the verna crdi and is surely gonna be cheaper too. so its only the engine in the verna which is to look forward to!
Old 24th September 2006, 19:20   #86

hey insane devil, ur welcome for the pics..glad u liked em..seriously agree with you. the verna is gonne be overpriced. laura/octy story continues...whats happening with the car companies in india!!!! they should have just discontinued the old accent and priced it at the same amount.
Old 25th September 2006, 02:13   #87
BHPian

Wierd company policies

@Karan.

Spot on dude. I too was very disappointed looking at the crdi spec list
and I feel that companies if they have to(to reduce pricing) remove only those features which can be had as optional extras by a customer.

Removing features like height adjustable seats, seatbelts, head rests is just plain stupid.

Regards removing the airbags option.. lets not even go there.. But its so bad that companies dont even bother to provide them for customers who are willing to pay extra for their safety.

I was really expecting to the verna crdi to rock. I guess it still will cause of the monster engine it has. But the spec list has jst been a huge dampner for me
Old 25th September 2006, 10:16   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled
@Karan.

Spot on dude. I too was very disappointed looking at the crdi spec list
and I feel that companies if they have to(to reduce pricing) remove only those features which can be had as optional extras by a customer.

Removing features like height adjustable seats, seatbelts, head rests is just plain stupid.
remove seatbelt ? its against rules and I dnt think they would do away with headrests.
Old 25th September 2006, 13:50   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
remove seatbelt ? its against rules and I dnt think they would do away with headrests.
we were talkin bout them removing height adjustable seatbelts and adjustable rear headrests.
Old 25th September 2006, 14:32   #90
BHPian

Estimated prices for Verna I received from Popular Hyundai, Cochin:

Petrol
Ex-Showroom: 6.3 lakhs
On Road: 6.65

Diesel
Ex-Showroom: 7.8 lakhs
On Road: 8.2 lakhs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks