Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2023, 10:39   #106
BHPian

Re: Review: Hyundai Creta Petrol Automatic (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
I also have the same model/year.
Everytime I go to Safdarjung Hyundai in Gurgaon they say not required (read as - they have no knowledge how to do it).

Did you end up getting it changed? IMO it should definitely be changed every few years.

I get my other car serviced and repaired from a large FNG who also fix luxury cars - asked them and they advised me to get it done every 40K kms.
Did you get the transmission oil replaced? My Creta Petrol AT is turning 5 years old (30K odd KM) and I am planning to get the AT oil replaced.

Through reading on the portal I have gathered that the AT fluid has to be replace every 30K and flushed every 60K.

Also- which FNG do you use?

I have come to realize that Hyundai ASS won't do it. They just don't have the SOP. Will need to figure out an FNG near me.

I am also contemplating moving the regular maintenance and service to FNG as the car is out of warranty now and HASS I have used are not that impressive anyway.
Old 19th November 2023, 14:41   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attrip2008 View Post
Did you get the transmission oil replaced? My Creta Petrol AT is turning 5 years old (30K odd KM) and I am planning to get the AT oil replaced.

Through reading on the portal I have gathered that the AT fluid has to be replace every 30K and flushed every 60K.

Also- which FNG do you use?

I have come to realize that Hyundai ASS won't do it. They just don't have the SOP. Will need to figure out an FNG near me.

I am also contemplating moving the regular maintenance and service to FNG as the car is out of warranty now and HASS I have used are not that impressive anyway.

I actually still have not got around to doing it at 50K +/ 7 years +.
I know it's required but still not sure where to get it done, I believe along with the fluid, even the filter should be changed.

There is one post of someone who got it done in Delhi - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5484701 (Why you should periodically change your Automatic Transmission Fluid (even if "sealed for life"))

I switched from Safdarjung Hyundai to Professional Hyundai but even they have not brought it up.
Old 7th April 2024, 09:47   #108
BHPian

Quote:
It's giving a little more than 10 now! Moderate ac and full city usage. Very very impressive, expections were of not more than 7-8. But ofcourse it has not been driven hard because I believe a little in running in .

Very comfortable car to drive and sit in however it is not a car meant to be driven fast or enthusiastically, because of it's very light steering and weak brakes in my opinion...
We still have this car and it has done 50K km+. While the car is very easy to drive and very well sized, just wanted to mention some issues which plague Hyundais over the years. I had a Honda City for 13 years (2011 - third gen) which had done 85K km and never faced any similar issues in that. This car is used very less now but needs a mid-life makeover for a few more years of usability.

Issues faced:
  • Rear windscreen cracked and broke by using the defogger - common issue in this Creta
  • Exhaust pipe developed holes and sounded like a Tata Nano. Again common issue in Hyundais. This was gas welded a year back but has started sounding weird again
  • AC compressor pipe or something melted so the AC stopped working - Only the pipe was replaced and AC continues to work
  • Music system conked off - Replaced with Sony AX3200 with CarPlay
  • Headlights have dulled and become yellow/ got surface lines or cracks
  • Car is very sensitive to alignment jobs done from outside. Needed a steering angle reset at Hyundai once

Maintenance items pending:
  • AT TC fluid change - Hyundai doesn't seem to enthu about it so will get it done outside
  • Tyres change (still running on stock tyres, which were rotated regularly). Car does not run on highways
  • Full body rubbing + polish

Major service items:
  • None except regular service at Hyundai. Brake pads were changed once. But might need a suspension check-up.

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 7th April 2024 at 09:53.
Old 8th April 2024, 07:49   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
[*] AC compressor pipe or something melted so the AC stopped working - Only the pipe was replaced and AC continues to work
Might be the discharge hose. I had the same issue. Got the hose replaced. Have shared the details in my ownership thread.
Old 8th April 2024, 10:41   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Might be the discharge hose. I had the same issue. Got the hose replaced. Have shared the details in my ownership thread.
Yes that’s the one! I recognise it from the picture you posted - they returned the old part to me.
Common issue I suppose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks