Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2022, 21:28   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2

Recently the Fortuner transported some fresh tyres for my F30;

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-img_8931.jpg

You can read more about it here;

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post5463387 (The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module)
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 13:26   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2

80,000 km Service; (31/01/23)

The car was sent to Millennium Toyota, Thane for its 80k service & the jobs carried out were as under;

- Transmission Oil Change
- Differential Oil Change
- Brake Fluid Change
- New Engine Oil
- New Air Filter
- New AC Filter

The final cost including cleaning, washing, above parts, consumables & labour was INR 14,864 (Including GST).

Goodwill Warranty Claimed;

The Front Passenger Window switch stopped responding and sometimes the window got stuck mid-way. Millennium Toyota was pro active in getting this work (New Winder) done under Goodwill Warranty with Toyota India's approval as warranty had expired.

3M Exterior & Interior Detailing;

Few weeks back the car got a well deserved spa session at the local 3M centre & here are the results;

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-img_9326.jpg

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-img_9314.png

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-img_9318.png

Installed a new number plate too which really complemented the detailing job;

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-img_9312.png

Products used;

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-img_9297.png

Last edited by karan561 : 2nd March 2023 at 13:27.
karan561 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 20:09   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Few weeks back the car got a well deserved spa session at the local 3M centre & here are the results;
Hey Karan!
Those BFG's look great on the Fortuner!
How's the service quality of this 3M outlet?

Cheers,
Powertrain
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 10:49   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hey Karan!
Those BFG's look great on the Fortuner!
Thanks Powertrain

Quote:
How's the service quality of this 3M outlet?
I personally have had a great experience with the quality of work & their team. The owner too is a very transparent & honest individual. Before Fortuner (which got the Paint Sealant treatment for the exterior & Interior Germ Clean with Meguair's Leather enrichment treatment) my M340i got ceramic coated a few months back & here are the results;

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-b960e7cb474640b882749683c6d5f4de.jpeg

^ More pics here;

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5429327 (My BMW M340i xDrive : Initial Ownership Review)

Last edited by karan561 : 3rd March 2023 at 10:51.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 19:03   #245
BHPian

Quote:

Goodwill Warranty Claimed;

The Front Passenger Window switch stopped responding and sometimes the window got stuck mid-way. Millennium Toyota was pro active in getting this work (New Winder) done under Goodwill Warranty with Toyota India's approval.
Hi Karan, could you explain what Goodwill Warranty is, and what exactly it covers? And how does one claim it with TKM?
Old 6th April 2023, 12:58   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneliu View Post
Hi Karan, could you explain what Goodwill Warranty is, and what exactly it covers?
If a faulty part is replaced on Free of cost basis even after the warranty being expired then that that falls under goodwill warranty.

Quote:
And how does one claim it with TKM?
Having a good rapport with your dealership helps as they will only put up your case in front of Toyota India to highlight the issue.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 01:07   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Manual Heroes [Ep. 1] ft. Fortuner Diesel 4x4 MT.

Manual Gearbox Enthusiasts are under served and in danger of being wiped out, yes it's the unfortunate TRUTH. But as an endeavour to keep the passion for Manual Transmissions alive I am launching a new series called " MANUAL HEROES " which will showcase the best cars in today's market (India) with M/T options and in this journey will try to rekindle the joy and passion of driving Manual Cars.

For this 1st Video i am featuring my 2nd Gen 4x4 Fortuner especially because this car has one of the most under appreciated Manual Gearboxes.

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-20240307_145443.jpg

Gearbox Code: RC61 F (6 Speed Manual Transmission).

The shifts are long but precise with well defined gates.

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-screenshot-20240308-7.18.528239pm.png

I personally love the 2nd to 3rd gear change.

Reverse to Neutral is also fun.

All in all love it

Driving Experience;

This Gbox is paired with a 2.8L Diesel Engine with 420 NM of torque. When I bought the car in Nov. 2016 this was the torquiest Diesel Manual on sale in India across segments. The Manual Fortuner was overlooked by media as well as many prospective buyers but honestly this is the most engaging truck driving experience in this segment and this gearbox really puts up a great show. The previous gen Fortuner's 5 M/T gearbox had longer throws and relatively undefined gates, was fun in its own way but no where as close to this (2nd gen).

However the best part of this gearbox is the iMT.

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-screenshot-20240308-7.23.558239pm.png

Again a segment first and at launch no other car in India had it other than Porsche manuals.

The way the iMT revv matches its truly fantastic, the downshifts are very engaging and enjoyable (demonstrated in the video in the beginning of the post).

Finally to summarise thoughts we need to really keep buying Manual cars otherwise the Auto Manufacturers are not going to develop new Manual Gearboxes. Time for some good news, TOYOTA intends to keep the Manual Gearbox alive & there is proof. The TACOMA which just got a new generation few months back has been equipped with the updated version of this same gearbox (3 Manual Variants), so when a company continues or updates a gearbox then there are very high chances that the new generation (which will be based on the Tacoma this Time, TNGA - F) of the Fortuner which is due next year should also have a Manual option

Last edited by karan561 : 9th March 2024 at 01:14.
karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 12:23   #248
BHPian

Re: Manual Heroes [Ep. 1] ft. Fortuner Diesel 4x4 MT.

[quote=karan561;5733864]

Manual Gearbox Enthusiasts are under served and in danger of being wiped out, yes it's the unfortunate TRUTH. But as an endeavour to keep the passion for Manual Transmissions alive I am launching a new series called " MANUAL HEROES " which will showcase the best cars in today's market (India) with M/T options and in this journey will try to rekindle the joy and passion of driving Manual Cars.
[/b]

Thank YOU, Karan for launching this new series to rekindle the joy and passion of enthusiasts like me. Yes, manual gearboxes can get painful in bumper to bumper traffic, but, leaving that aside, it always brings a wide grin each time I shift gears manually on an open road. I love our Skoda Superb TSI (Manual) and Honda Brio (Manual) to bits. If I had to purchase both cars today, I’d still buy the manual variant only. I just cannot imagine my garage without manual transmission cars and the thought of this breed of cars getting wiped out in the long run is what worries me, but change is the only constant, right? Having said that, I plan to keep both manual transmission cars until the 10-year mark. I cannot imagine my weekends, early mornings and late night drives without these manual transmission cars.

As part of your “Manual Heroes” series, I’d be more than happy if you’d like to feature my Skoda Superb TSI. Enthusiasts will love it!

Last edited by RJ2285 : 9th March 2024 at 12:24.
RJ2285 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 01:34   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
Thank YOU, Karan for launching this new series to rekindle the joy and passion of enthusiasts like me.
Thanks RJ2285 for your appreciation.

Quote:
I love our Skoda Superb TSI (Manual) and Honda Brio (Manual) to bits. If I had to purchase both cars today, I’d still buy the manual variant only. I just cannot imagine my garage without manual transmission cars and the thought of this breed of cars getting wiped out in the long run is what worries me, but change is the only constant, right? Having said that, I plan to keep both manual transmission cars until the 10-year mark. I cannot imagine my weekends, early mornings and late night drives without these manual transmission cars.
That's the spirit required

Quote:
As part of your “Manual Heroes” series, I’d be more than happy if you’d like to feature my Skoda Superb TSI. Enthusiasts will love it!
Done !

Thanks for your support.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 16:54   #250
Senior - BHPian

Very cool. I was under the impression that only sports cars had automated rev matching and that too over the 1 crore mare. Surprised that Toyota was offering it on their diesel SUV.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 18:25   #251
BHPian

A Mitsubishi fanboy here, I just loved the gearbox on the Cedia! Short precise throws.Perfect gates, good low end torque due to the NA 2 liter engine. Havent come across anything close to it.

Own a Pajero Sport as well, and it's good as well. Specially the engagement you get when using the super select. The regular gears are good even now after 10 years and 200K Kms.

Hate the Hyundai gears ive used. Honda City is fine as well.
Sandy Damodaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 14:35   #252

Quote:
The way the iMT revv matches its truly fantastic, the downshifts are very engaging and enjoyable (demonstrated in the video in the beginning of the post).
Hi, wouldn't rev matching cause clutch burning specially during upshift?

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks