Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2019, 15:57   #166
BHPian

Several sponge pieces like the ones in the pic were found below the car. I've been observing it for the last 3 days and there are always some lying around. They are all pieces of some underbody sponge being bitten out.
I know it's the same rodent that's been causing issues in our Santro as well. Last week the car didn't start and the service guy who visited pointed at a broken air pipe.

Now looks like the creature has found a new interest in the Hexa. I was looking out for ultrasonic repellents which can be switched on at night. Are these useful? If bhpians who use such devices can recommend a few models, it would really be helpful!
Attached Thumbnails
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-1546683640928.jpg  

Old 5th January 2019, 20:43   #167
BANNED

Re: Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
If bhpians who use such devices can recommend a few models, it would really be helpful!
This is sad, rodent attacks are a big pain, and cause significant damage to the car.

Ultrasound repellents arent known to be very effective, hence it is best to use one of the remedies discussed here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...r-rats-53.html
Old 7th January 2019, 12:06   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is sad, rodent attacks are a big pain, and cause significant damage to the car.

Ultrasound repellents arent known to be very effective, hence it is best to use one of the remedies discussed here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...r-rats-53.html
I did try out various methods of mixing stuff in food but does not seem to work. Hence thought of looking out for these ultrasonic devices to keep them at bay. Still looking out for a decent model with good reviews.
As you said, they seem to not be quite as effective as expected but this is the only choice left for me now!
Old 7th January 2019, 12:14   #169
BANNED

Quote:
I did try out various methods of mixing stuff in food but does not seem to work.
Dont attempt to kill the rats, unless there is only one, it will only increase their numbers.

Try the following: -

1. Wash the engine bay and the parking area like an operation theatre.
2. Wipe it super clean and ensure there are ZERO urine traces. ZERO smell is a must.
3. Spray/douse the areas with super strong phenyl.
4. Tie Phorsan (a pungent pesticide) in old clean socks in small bags and place them at various points in the engine bay.
5. Examine the parking area and the engine bay every day and report findings.

All the Best..!!
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 18:14   #170
BHPian

Thank you @n.devdath for the inputs. Have thoroughly cleaned the parking and there seems to be no traces of the rodent for now.

To the readers, car has completed 2 years and has run 30,000kms in this duration. Costed 1600 for the first paid service where the gearbox oil too was replaced along with the engine oil. Have never known the car to be so quiet and smooth!

One downside is that they have put 38psi in all tyres and the ride is bumpy now. Will have to bring it down to 32 when the car is parked overnight. Not sure if there's another ECU update but i did spot one of the guys sitting inside with a laptop. The linear pull is much smooth with very minimal jerks. Will keep you all posted as and how the ownership progresses!
abhi7013 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 18:02   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Would you happen to have an image of the rear of that subwoofer so I can get the make and model number? I have an XTA and would like to install one of these woofers. Not a very common size.

Last edited by SDP : 15th April 2019 at 20:26. Reason: Fixed broken quote
Old 8th April 2019, 18:11   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelravin View Post
[b]Update: Would you happen to have an image of the rear of that subwoofer so I can get the make and model number? I have an XTA and would like to install one of these woofers. Not a very common size.
Hi, apologies but those are the only images I have which i posted in post number 140. I remember looking at the back and there was no make or model number that i could recollect.

Are you planning on upgrading the existing woofer?

Last edited by SDP : 15th April 2019 at 20:24. Reason: Fixed broken quote
Old 15th April 2019, 17:36   #173
BHPian

Quote:

Are you planning on upgrading the existing woofer?
Sorry that was a typo. I have an XMA and want to get it installed. I have ordered it and hope to have it installed next week.

Last edited by SDP : 15th April 2019 at 20:23. Reason: Fixed broken quote
Old 15th April 2019, 19:47   #174
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry that was a typo. I have an XMA and want to get it installed. I have ordered it and hope to have it installed next week.
Did you order it from TATA? Through a dealer? And will they install it themselves or are you getting it installed outside? Also, how much did it cost?

Last edited by SDP : 15th April 2019 at 20:22. Reason: Fixed broken quote
Old 15th April 2019, 20:24   #175
BHPian

Quote:

Now looks like the creature has found a new interest in the Hexa. I was looking out for ultrasonic repellents which can be switched on at night. Are these useful? If bhpians who use such devices can recommend a few models, it would really be helpful!
I had the same problem in my Laura TSI & am using this device;
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...15be4c4dbC5pER

It may sound anecdotal but so far so good. There is no need to switch it on/off as it automatically starts 2 mins after the car is turned off & stops when started.
Old 16th April 2019, 08:08   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
I had the same problem in my Laura TSI & am using this device;
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...15be4c4dbC5pER

It may sound anecdotal but so far so good. There is no need to switch it on/off as it automatically starts 2 mins after the car is turned off & stops when started.
Issue with such devices is, it would void warranty. Dealers just need a reason to cite against warranty claims. That's why i didn't even upgrade the horns or headlights yet!
Old 17th April 2019, 09:50   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Did you order it from TATA? Through a dealer? And will they install it themselves or are you getting it installed outside? Also, how much did it cost?
I bought it from Boodmo for about 11k each. Got it installed outside through a very professional shop. The original mounts are not on the body so there is drilling involved. You can't do it in a local shop. Tata motors will not do it. The installation involves removal of all the side interior trims and headliner etc.
Old 17th April 2019, 11:39   #178
BHPian

Quote:
I bought it from Boodmo for about 11k each. Got it installed outside through a very professional shop. The original mounts are not on the body so there is drilling involved. You can't do it in a local shop. Tata motors will not do it. The installation involves removal of all the side interior trims and headliner etc.
11k each? There's just one woofer in XT/XTA. You bought two?
Old 2nd July 2019, 22:58   #179
BHPian

Had been to kudremukha (Karnataka's 2nd highest peak) on 22nd and 23rd June with 6 of my friends. The car was packed with 7 adults throughout the trip. From highway to ghats, country roads to no-roads, the car performed really well. The ride was like that of a magic carpet despite increasing the tyre pressures to 36 for all wheels. Everyone were comfy in their seats and in fact, few of us preferred the 3rd row for what it offered: a peaceful place to sleep in, far away from all the songs and chatter!

We left Bangalore early morning at 4am and took the Hassan route. Crossed over Belur, Mudigere and Kalasa to reach our homestay: Upasana Retreat. I would strongly recommend this stay if anyone's visiting those places. Its nearby Horanadu temple as well. The route map:-
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-capture2.jpg

Since we left early, we reached the temple at around 9:30am and left after about an hour later. The route to the homestay had almost a kilometer of mud road which was thankfully layered with soil mixed with iron ore (which is found in abundance). It was pretty easy to drive on, given the constant rain that had made it rather muddy. Upasana is located in a beautiful place and it was covered in fog during the entire duration of our stay! Few images:-
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190622-14.36.13.jpeg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190622-14.36.22.jpeg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190627-20.47.53-2.jpeg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190627-20.47.53-4.jpeg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190627-20.47.53-5.jpeg

Upon relaxing and having lunch, we left for nearby places which included a tea estate. Again the constant showers and fog made it a very enjoyable drive:-
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-dsc_0004.jpg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190627-20.47.53-1.jpeg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190627-20.47.53-3.jpeg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190627-20.47.53-6.jpeg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190627-20.47.53.jpeg

It was around 6pm that we went back to Upasana Retreat. Had snacks and jumped into the pool at 8pm with thick fog surrounding us (not to forget the constant drizzle and the moon occasionally showing up in all the haze!)

We had arranged for a Jeep the next morning to take us to places where only the jeep could go: Khyathanmakki and a nearby falls. The former is a scenic hill top which constantly is very windy and again, is covered by clouds sometimes even in the summer. On clear days, you get a breathtaking view.
On days like these when we visited, you feel as if you are cocooned inside a large dome with absolutely nothing visible save for the ground, the Jeep, people around you, the constant and heavy wind, and white mist everywhere else. Time just comes to an abrupt halt and all the guys were left mute for a good ten minutes (it was the most peaceful part of the trip!).
You also find stones relatively heavy for their size: another indication of how iron-rich the whole place is. While climbing the steep muddy incline, it took 8 attempts to get the Jeep across a bad patch.
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-dsc_0034.jpg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-dsc_0051.jpg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-capture.jpg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190627-20.45.11-1.jpeg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190627-20.45.11-2.jpeg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190627-20.45.11-3.jpeg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190627-22.04.30.jpeg

During the course of the trip, we did visit the abandoned township of KIOCL (Kudremukh Iron Ore Company). It is shocking to learn that they had a pipeline through which they used to transport the ore by mixing it in water all the way to Mangalore (100kms) where it was being processed! The pipeline is now being used to channel water as per what the localities tell us.

Due to constant pressure from the western media and activists, the government decided to halt the operations considering the impact that this mining activity had on the nearby rivers. It is said to be the birthplace of two key rivers: Tunga and Bhadra that, though originate from the Western Ghats, flow East into the mainland. With residue from constant mining polluting these rivers, the operations were shutdown. You can still see fine dust mixed with sand when you walk alongside the river in certain places. Like the Ambatheertha for example.
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-dsc_0031.jpg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-img_8606.jpgOur Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-img_20190622_165215.jpg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190627-22.31.27.jpeg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190627-22.31.27-1.jpeg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190627-22.31.20.jpeg
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190624-19.46.16.jpeg

A local waterfall where the waters were muddy as this was the initial stages of rain and lots of soil was getting eroded as is the case during this time.It looked like 'Nature's cup of tea'!
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-whatsapp-image-20190627-20.45.11.jpeg

Once back at the resort, we left at 1pm and thought of coming via a different route this time, which added an extra hour into the journey but was totally worth it as it involved going through the outskirts of Bhadra sanctuary. Route:-
Our Big Boy: Tata Hexa XT 4x2-capture1.jpg

The trip ended with us reaching Bangalore at 11pm. Fastag came of use on the Hassan highway but was utterly useless on Tumkur road. In fact, fastag lane is the slowest on these tolls.

Overall, it was a very good trip with the Hexa doing what it does best: provide a cozy environment for the folks inside and an engaging drive for the driver irrespective of where you take it. Couple this with the fantastic weather, and it becomes one of the perfect trips that I've had till date!

Will keep updating the thread as time goes so please stay tuned!
abhi7013 is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 21:17   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Upasana Retreat is a lovely place and Kyathanamakki too. Monsoons would make the place even better. The steep climb from the gate to the Parking/reception zone should have been a cake walk for the Hexa.

Some very nice pictures there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks