Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2020, 13:37   #256
BHPian

re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!

I hope it settles down because I was feeling disappointed with the bouncy ride on the highway.
rahul_66 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 20:27   #257
BHPian

re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!

Finally my beast completed 6000km and boy the drive from BLR to Chikmagalur was awesome. Enjoy the pics.
raz0r is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 18:34   #258
BHPian

Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Coding : A Superbly friendly guy coded my car from another city via remote support by sending his cables and software via courier for a super cheap cost, He was very friendly, Super Quick & extremely flexible to work with, His contact details are as follows. Honestly i could have got the cable & software & done it myself but with busy schedule i directly wanted to eat the cake this time rather than cook it first.

Sebastian : 09822127989

Please note: I am sharing his details so it can be of use for someone else, I am in no way related to him.

Most of the features were already activated in my car, Still following are the things i decided to do.

1. Disable Auto Start Stop by default
Hello again tanveer!

I'm super jealous looking at you trip! All the pictures look great, even those of the food I envy those who live in Mumbai/Pune, you guys have such good ghat roads that are close by. Around Hyderabad it's pretty much bad roads everywhere, that's we I recently drove to Pune, panchgani and lonavla on my car.

Can you please tell me how to do the coding myself? I'd love to turn off the god-damned auto start/ stop as well.
Also, What are you thoughts on the software update? Do they make and noticable changes to the infotainment system?

Thanks in advance!
Old 31st January 2020, 19:17   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Ceramic Coated!

Well i was totally against it, Sole reason being the cost involved to get it done, I loved the hydrophobic effect the car has but no i would surely not spend 40-50k on the car for it.
Hey Tanveer!

My view on getting a ceramic coating done is the same as yours was before getting it done. I think it's too expensive and the regular 6month maintenance seems like a high price to pay.

Since you've got it done a while back, I'd love it if you could share your expertise.
1) Are the rims and brake rotor cleaning a part of the ceramic coating package? And how are they now after all these days of use? I'm sure they'd look nice after getting the work done but do you think the rims and brakes are still as clean and don't pick up dust easily?

2) considering how easy it would be to clean after the ceramic coating is done and given the initial price to pay do you think it's worth it now? And also how much do we have to pay for the 6month coating renew process? Please elaborate peanuts

3) do you find significantly less scratches after highway runs since you've got the coating done?

The pictures of your beast look too good and I'm tempted to get it done provided that it's worth it in the long run.
Thank you, AGAIN!

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 31st January 2020 at 19:28.
Old 31st January 2020, 21:15   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCheeese View Post
Hello again tanveer!
Can you please tell me how to do the coding myself? I'd love to turn off the god-damned auto start/ stop as well.
Hey, I use bimmercode to turn auto start/stop off. The app is available on the play store as well as the apple app store. You just need the app and a compatible OBD2 Adaptor such as Veepeak to code the car and the User Interface of the app is really novice friendly in terms of coding
dealer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 23:05   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer View Post
Hey, I use bimmercode to turn auto start/stop off. The app is available on the play store as well as the apple app store. You just need the app and a compatible OBD2 Adaptor such as Veepeak to code the car and the User Interface of the app is really novice friendly in terms of coding
Thanks a lot for the quick and helpful reply! I will Download the app, try it and let you know how it goes, cheers!
Old 3rd February 2020, 00:06   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_66 View Post
I hope it settles down because I was feeling disappointed with the bouncy ride on the highway.
Did it settle down?

Quote:
Hello again tanveer!

I'm super jealous looking at you trip! All the pictures look great, even those of the food I envy those who live in Mumbai/Pune, you guys have such good ghat roads that are close by. Around Hyderabad it's pretty much bad roads everywhere, that's we I recently drove to Pune, panchgani and lonavla on my car.
We do have good short highway drives around but the city roads are bad bad man haha..

Quote:
Also, What are you thoughts on the software update? Do they make and noticable changes to the infotainment system?
Bimmercode is good, Go for it. You can buy the app from appstore and get the Adapter from online delivery stores.[/quote]

Quote:
Hey Tanveer!

My view on getting a ceramic coating done is the same as yours was before getting it done. I think it's too expensive and the regular 6month maintenance seems like a high price to pay.
The thing with ceramic these days is, Its very common now, Each and every shop will do it for you, You should know what brand and material you want and from a reputed store, You can get a ceramic done from as low as 8-10k to as high as 60-70k ! Just because of this, I would avoid this headache and rather get proper detailing done once in 6 months or yearly. But still if you know the guy doing it and trust the material used, Go for it! These days you should have trust on the detailer.

Quote:
Since you've got it done a while back, I'd love it if you could share your expertise.
1) Are the rims and brake rotor cleaning a part of the ceramic coating package? And how are they now after all these days of use? I'm sure they'd look nice after getting the work done but do you think the rims and brakes are still as clean and don't pick up dust easily?
Yes its included, But depending, They may clean the rims either after removing it completely or just from outside.

Quote:
2) considering how easy it would be to clean after the ceramic coating is done and given the initial price to pay do you think it's worth it now? And also how much do we have to pay for the 6month coating renew process? Please elaborate peanuts
Every detailer will give you a different package, Some might include it with the maintenance package some might ask for a small fee, In my case it was simply a matter of car wash price, Cleaning the car post ceramic was super easy.

Quote:
3) do you find significantly less scratches after highway runs since you've got the coating done?
Not really.

Quote:
The pictures of your beast look too good and I'm tempted to get it done provided that it's worth it in the long run.
Thank you, AGAIN!
I suggest get it done after a couple of years, Your car is relatively new? Stick to normal detailing for a 1-2 years and then go for ceramic, You'll get the new car shine and feel back completely.

Quote:
Yeah, Bimmercode is nice.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 21:14   #263
BHPian

Hello Guys

i've started feeling this vibration in the car when i brake. i've been taking it to the BMW workshop and they found that one of the link rods were bent so they replaced it for me today. but i still feel like there's this firmness/vibrations that i can feel especially on the brake pedal and some on the steering wheel. but the puzzling this is that it doesnt always happen. its random. so this makes me and the mechanics wonder if it's actually a mechanical problem.
The mechanic also tells me that there are slight bends on the rims. but i highly doubt that this is the problem because: 1) vibs only come upon braking 2) if the rims are causing the problem the car should be wobbling even without braking(i've experienced this earlier).
After a month of troubleshooting and trying to find a mechanical fault, now that everything is replaced, i feel like it might be a mix of the Run flats and the rough roads at times.

We noticed that when the roads are pretty coarse and the vibs come in the cabin the vibs while braking are even more. i'm trying to pinpoint what exactly this is.

Would love to know if other face the same and also if Rim bends are very common.
lastly, i hear that because rim bends are very common there are multiple workers who "throw rims". apparently this is a process of removing bends in the rim and this is new to me. also hear it's pretty inexpensive to get done. so i might get it done sometime soon.
Please share your experience with this if you'll have any
KingCheeese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 10:03   #264
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
vibs only come upon braking
Only while braking means = issue with brake pads or brake discs or both.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 11:46   #265
BHPian

Quote:
The mechanic also tells me that there are slight bends on the rims. but i highly doubt that this is the problem because: 1) vibs only come upon braking 2) if the rims are causing the problem the car should be wobbling even without braking(i've experienced this earlier).
After a month of troubleshooting and trying to find a mechanical fault, now that everything is replaced, i feel like it might be a mix of the Run flats and the rough roads at times.
First thing to do is to get Road force balancing. It will take care of the vibration due to small bends by matching the tyre and the alloy nicely and allow you to isolate any remaining vibration while braking. Regular balancing won't take care of this.
d3mon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 12:40   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
First thing to do is to get Road force balancing. It will take care of the vibration due to small bends by matching the tyre and the alloy nicely and allow you to isolate any remaining vibration while braking. Regular balancing won't take care of this.
Thank you! didn't even know this existed until you told me. even the BMW workshop in hyderabad doesn't have this. i read about this online and like you mentioned it's worth looking into first.
i will get it done soon and share my review
Old 15th February 2020, 16:12   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Hey dealer!
could you please tell me where you purchased your OBD2 adapter from? I tried buying one off of amazon but it wasnt compatible. i am now in search of Veepeak but i cant seem to find any for a decent price in India.
Old 15th February 2020, 20:32   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Hey dealer!
could you please tell me where you purchased your OBD2 adapter from? I tried buying one off of amazon but it wasnt compatible. i am now in search of Veepeak but i cant seem to find any for a decent price in India.
Hey, I ordered it off Amazon US and it was shipping to India. Don't know much about shipping cost though.
dealer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2020, 21:59   #269
Senior - BHPian

ODO At 70,000 KMS and after more than 3 years and several mods on her, I am YET to be bored of this baby, Such an allrounder really and still after such a long time i am eager to go out drive it, Thought of upgrading from it several times though, But where do you go after this ? Ill either have to lose out on practicality for more power, Or Vice versa, As of now the mapped 530d strikes a perfect balance, I can use it with family of 3-4, I can do the airport runs with it, The heck i even use it for the factory runs outside the city at secluded places with not very good roads and since it runs on normal diesel never do i have to ever think about fuel.

Some more things were added to the car,

15MM Spacers at the back
CF Bonnet
Gun Metal paint job on alloys

Complete rat proofing on the car was also done, And its tested for more than 2 months now, Finally a permanent one time solution is found, Shall share it soon in a detailed post with pictures soon.

Any upcoming maintenance on the car was always done before time,

Got the engine mounts, Gearbox mounts changed at BMW itself, Suspension bushes were changed too, And swapped the rear 2 tyres as well as they worned out much faster than the front ones.

My rear brake pads are worn so EBC yellow stuff goes in now along with an Engine Oil change with Liqui Moly 5W-40.

Just one picture to end this post, The next post shall contain only pictures.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-ca4a656ac2e8455b84344efcbc06c342.jpeg
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 12:29   #270
BHPian

Hi Tanveer, haven't had much of an opportunity to go for a long drive, but i think there might be an issue either with the tyre or the alloy (still investigating on that). Just got the stock springs replaced with Cobra springs. You should try it out, they're just awesome. Its completely changed the car. The steering feel is fantastic, ofcourse the body roll is much lesser, the car is so planted and chuckable. Best part of it is that none of the ride comfort is compromised. Expansion joints on the road, rough patches whatever you throw at it, the car just steamrolls it. One of the best mods i've made till date, worth every penny.
rahul_66 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks