Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2018, 13:50   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!

Sorry to hear about the rat problem Tanveer. I would prefer putting the spikes similar to this set up under the car beneath the engine area as well as how GTO has set up for his car. It will probably take 5 mins to remove/put back the spikes at same time you can idle the car while cooling down the turbo or warming up the car :-)

Also, did you not try to claim the insurance? When my Civic was attacked by rats I had claimed insurance from HDFC Ergo and they had even approved my claim. However due to Honda’s inability to source the ignition wires on time I had cancelled the claim.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 22:48   #152
BHPian

re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!

Regarding the ratattack I would suggest using one of those PCI approved adhesive pads with a snack. They lure rats and get them stuck on it. It was very effective in my garage and a single week resulted in a massacre.
Old 18th April 2018, 12:49   #153
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Did you custom built it? It's a very innovative solution
Full details here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
It will probably take 5 mins to remove/put back the spikes
Takes my watchman <1 minute to remove or place back.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 14:57   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Sad to hear another rat story. I think you faced the same problem in Jetta as well. glad to know it can make it back to stock soon enough and without much damage to pockets. However, 60K is some money man.
Yeah with jetta too, 60k is a lot yes but for the car & the electronics the car has i'd say i was lucky!!

Quote:
Anyway, i am impressed by the way your drive sounds, simply petrol. Can they do similar stuff even for Jetta? I would love to make my jetta sound like that. What is the dent to pocket i am looking at?
I love how she sounds man, The best part? Its absolutely silent when driving calmly & only makes the sweet sound once you rip her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ouch! That is a steep bill.

What you have done in effect is place 16 pieces around the car. Why not just make it simpler like I have? This is bigger, yet far easier to remove & put back....with no dependence on the cat! Would also strongly recommend this
Totally agreed, Will do it.

Quote:
Can you share a pic of this?
Sure will do it asap.

Quote:
I'm tempted . But I also greatly value my warranty which is valid till the end of 2019, so will keep mum till then.
Knowing you, I know you would keep the car for a good period of time, So i'd too say, Wait till your warranty is over and post a couple of years with all the additional power you'd feel your driving a new car all together.

Quote:
I doubt it. IIRC, among the regular 5-Series, only the AWDs go under 5 seconds. Traction will be your biggest challenge. I think you might have shaved 0.5 seconds off the stock time.
True, Stock car with Stock tyres with launch control does it in 5.8 seconds, With sticky tyres + Stage 2 tune and launch control waving out the 0.8 second is a super easy guess. Apparently the launch control is brilliant in putting down the power, Can't wait to put in new tyres & try this out & offcourse video it too.

Quote:
And that's with an engine that was already very rev-happy. You are getting me really tempted now.
You have to drive my car man!

Quote:
No man. Your car deserves better tyres. Just import the sticky Michelin Pilot Sports yourself in the staggered sizes.
True but the 38% GST is hurting bad, But still i totally agree, Will try and get the super sports in staggered sizes, The car surely deserves it.

Quote:
Would avoid this. Will be out of tune with the car's character.
Agreed man, Hence i am not very keen, Specially after the downpipe now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
You got away lucky. somebody i know paid 5.5 Lakh for replacing cables eaten by rats. I wonder why its not covered under insurance.
Yes these amounts are common, The day i went to check up on my car an X1 was shown to me by my SA with a bill of 3.5 Lakhs, Insurance won't cover it unless "Rat bite" Is specially mentioned, Apparently damage by animals in the jungle sorts is covered.

Quote:
The car sounds good, especially for a straight 6 diesel
Surely does man, Love it.

Quote:
What are the other upgrades that you have done ?
The car is just running on a stage 2 Quantum Map & a WG Downpipe, K & N air filter is coming up though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Sorry to hear about rat bites. Would removing/relocating that big trash can (kept ahead of XUV) help in preventing future rat menace to some extent?
Thanks man! Yes those bins are kept there because of a small construction work going on, I noticed this too and got it cleared out, The rat bite happened only after those were kept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Sorry to hear about the rat problem Tanveer. I would prefer putting the spikes similar to this set up under the car beneath the engine area as well as how GTO has set up for his car. It will probably take 5 mins to remove/put back the spikes at same time you can idle the car while cooling down the turbo or warming up the car :-)
Surely will do, Even after taking several precautions now i don't feel comfortable, Need to keep several things in check just to be extra careful.

Quote:
Also, did you not try to claim the insurance? When my Civic was attacked by rats I had claimed insurance from HDFC Ergo and they had even approved my claim. However due to Honda’s inability to source the ignition wires on time I had cancelled the claim.
So i have the best policy Bajaj Allianze provides, Including everything possible so i was pretty sure Rat bite would be covered too, But unfortunately NOT! Confirmed it with bajaj & they say if its not mentioned in your policy clearly you the claim won't be approved, Insurance expiry is next week which is when ill switch to Future Generali which covers Rat bite too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeevMD View Post
Regarding the ratattack I would suggest using one of those PCI approved adhesive pads with a snack. They lure rats and get them stuck on it. It was very effective in my garage and a single week resulted in a massacre.
Ordered already! Another few friends reminded me of it.

1297 KMS DRIVE UPDATE

I totally love it when sudden business plans need you to travel for a couple of days on the NH8 where the roads are simply brilliant.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_8706.jpg

Yes thats the efficiency i got overall from the time i left my place till i reached back, I think its crazy since the car was driven the way it should & the car was idling for a lot of time everywhere since it was scorching out outside and it coming from a 330HP car? I am totally satisfied!

Yes, I carry the car cover along for trips which are of more than a day & cover the car even if the parking is safe.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5002.jpg

Tanking up!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_4997.jpg

I was pretty much just standing there & looking at it...
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5013.jpg

Use the Air ventilation feature, had parked the car in hot sun for lunch, Set the departure time before locking the car & voila! Even though i came back 10 minutes before the departure time, The car was not HOT from inside at all! Loved this feature, Gone are the days when you need to open all the doors and windows to let the hot air out.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_7678.jpg

Gloss & shine from the ceramic!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_9029.jpg

I really have no idea how it works but man it works!! This popped up twice while i was going & in the night while i was coming back & it was hard to believe that it wasn't even a few minutes that i had started becoming a little tired & the car got my attention, Yes she does look after me!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_5044.jpg

Pure bliss!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10] EDIT: Sold after 72000+km!-img_8195.jpg

One of the best drives i have had, Some more details coming soon...
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 11:25   #155
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Knowing you, I know you would keep the car for a good period of time
Oh yes, she's a keeper. With these kind of looks & power onboard, I don't foresee any need to upgrade till she is at least 10 years old.

Quote:
You have to drive my car man!
At the next meet .

Quote:
True but the 38% GST is hurting bad
What's the typical cost today to import tyres?

Quote:
Insurance won't cover it unless "Rat bite" Is specially mentioned, Apparently damage by animals in the jungle sorts is covered.
Great tip, thanks! Will add it to mine if it's not already there.

Quote:
I was pretty much just standing there & looking at it
Your car looks hot! Especially loved the front end look when we crossed each other in New Bombay. Even from a distance, one could tell this is a modded 5.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 00:50   #156
BHPian

Not sure why the rats like only the premium cars like BMW vs Maruti / Hyundai.

Haven't heard any Maruti or Hyundai guys post similar issues or seen any such similar rat traps for these cars.
Eyas337 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 01:30   #157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Sorry for the

I think the rats don't like the taste of the wires that they chew on Maruti/Hyundai cars compared to the tasty, high quality & imported wires that Premium cars have. Hence they prefer Premium cars over Maruti/Hyundai.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 14:12   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure why the rats like only the premium cars like BMW vs Maruti / Hyundai....
On a lighter note it is because rats too like fine dining - premium food (the high flying wire) in a premium restaurant (BMW).
V.Narayan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 11:41   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh yes, she's a keeper. With these kind of looks & power onboard, I don't foresee any need to upgrade till she is at least 10 years old.
Surely, Infact this just might be the car i might keep longer than i have kept rest of my cars.

Quote:
At the next meet .
Done.

Quote:
What's the typical cost today to import tyres?
Tyre cost from Tirerack + Shipping cost to India + 38% GST = Much much more than the 1.2 Contis available at BMW, Still i think i need Super sports or P Zero for sure.

Quote:
Great tip, thanks! Will add it to mine if it's not already there.
My Insurance is due next week, Will post here to what i have gone with along with the details, Will help further.

Quote:
Your car looks hot! Especially loved the front end look when we crossed each other in New Bombay. Even from a distance, one could tell this is a modded 5.
Thanks man! Indeed she stands out, Turns heads & gets a lot of attention.

Quote:
Haha, Possible they like the better quality wires more tasty in the premium cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Sorry for the

I think the rats don't like the taste of the wires that they chew on Maruti/Hyundai cars compared to the tasty, high quality & imported wires that Premium cars have. Hence they prefer Premium cars over Maruti/Hyundai.
Very much possible, Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
On a lighter note it is because rats too like fine dining - premium food (the high flying wire) in a premium restaurant (BMW).
Makes sense.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 23:08   #160
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Just keep your fingers crossed that they don't develop a taste for sushi, Narayan. They'll be hunting for your Lexus then.

Quote:
Tyre cost from Tirerack + Shipping cost to India + 38% GST = Much much more than the 1.2 Contis available at BMW, Still i think i need Super sports or P Zero for sure.
Whoa - that is insane pricing. Even the Continentals themselves are so expensive, especially when you consider their 20,000 - 25,000 km life. I do think about switching to 245s all-around at the next change (so I can move out of runflats), but I love the staggered stance. Oh well.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 11:06   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whoa - that is insane pricing. Even the Continentals themselves are so expensive, especially when you consider their 20,000 - 25,000 km life. I do think about switching to 245s all-around at the next change (so I can move out of runflats), but I love the staggered stance. Oh well.
Exactly! Hence the tyre dilemma has been a huge headache for me, I want to switch to staggered with sticky rubbers to put down the power better, However i am not keen on continentals and even they are pretty expensive, Going Tubeless - Performance - Sticky means = Big Big Moolah.

245's all around is a much practical approach, But surely the car deserves a staggered stance, Lets see how it pans out for me by next month end that is.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 17:36   #162
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

*Does anyone know if we can check the Oil level manually on the F10 530d? Or it can be checked only via the idrive?

* Also, My rear entertainment system remote batteries apparently sort of exploded inside the remote which led to a lot of white powder inside the remote & as expected the remote isn't working, New one is for 18k from BMW, Any other leads? I need this as that's the only thing i use to lure someone from my family to sit at the back seat.

Drove the car for about 3,000 kms last week, & another trip to Goa is coming up early next month! Well yes i do love driving this monster, Even more after the remap & downpipe!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 13:29   #163
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does anyone know if we can check the Oil level manually on the F10 530d? Or it can be checked only via the idrive?
535d has a dipstick, so I'm pretty sure our cars do too. Check this post out.

Quote:
New one is for 18k from BMW, Any other leads? I need this as that's the only thing i use to lure someone from my family to sit at the back seat.
Borrow mine whenever you want.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 21:43   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
535d has a dipstick, so I'm pretty sure our cars do too. Check this post out.
Thanks will check it out tomorrow & report back.

Quote:
Borrow mine whenever you want.
Thanks man, However i wish it was possible, If i am not mistaken even the rear remote has to be programmed to the car or else it won't work, Even if i buy a new one it has to be first programmed to the car via Bmw Ista software or it simply wont work, Buying the remote from the dealership & they will do it for you, I will be contacting a few remote repair places to see if they can try to repair the same.

German's are complicated human's at times.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2018, 19:48   #165
Senior - BHPian

Update on the rear entertainment remote :

Apparently the batteries had a leekage & i actually did not know its so easily fixable (most of the time) Much thanks to Bhpian Akib Khan who PM'ed me asking me to try cleaning out remote with a few things mentioned over google.

So i gave it a shot and voila! The remote came back to life & i just saved about 20k!

Thing that i did.
1] Removed the batteries & Dipped a cotton bird in vinegar & cleaned it as much as it was possible over the battery area of the remote.
2] Let it dry for a few minutes.
3] Cleaned it again with a new cotton bird.

& it bought back the remote to life! How easy it was!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks