Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2017, 12:42   #16
BHPian

re: Rise of the Silver Surfer | Chronicles of our Jeep Compass 4x2 Limited | EDIT: Sold

Congratulations Behemoth

What is the 0 to 100 figure on the diesel?
Old 31st August 2017, 12:52   #17
BHPian

re: Rise of the Silver Surfer | Chronicles of our Jeep Compass 4x2 Limited | EDIT: Sold

Congratulations on your new drive. I am sure you will enjoy driving it. I presently own a Grand Cherokee and I am in love with it every time I drive it.
Old 31st August 2017, 13:34   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks everyone! The 0-100 time is around 11.x seconds as per the Autocar report.
Yes planning on getting the roof wrap done once the rains stop!
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 13:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Finally its out

Congrats from Silver streak (my XUV) to Silver Surfer. I too was thinking of replacing my 6 year old XUV with Compass, however i felt that i can wait a little as i need a petrol SUV now. Also maybe in later stage FCA might come out with more goodies like moon-roof,cruise control etc, so will have to wait a little.

Please keep updating this thread so that prospective buyers like me can benefit. Also try and see if you can get the roof painted/wrapped from outside, maybe it might be cheaper than 10K. And yes go for the HID's.

Last edited by nitinralli : 31st August 2017 at 13:35.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 14:14   #20
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Behemoth for the Compass and the first ownership review on team-bhp! The vehicle is looking superb in silver. Fit and finish are top notch in the Compass. Will wait for more pics and further updates as you keep putting on miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm usually a fan of the fully loaded variants and believe that every SUV must have AWD / 4x4. However, the GST hike has today been confirmed and I completely agree with your reasoning. If you aren't going to offroad, why pay 5 lakhs more!
As GTO has mentioned, I am a fan of SUVs with the AWD/4WD as well. But at the same time, fully agree with your thought process. Wish you many miles of happiness with the Compass.
Old 31st August 2017, 15:04   #21
BHPian

Congratulations Behemoth!!
I also own a 4x2 Yeti and will be looking to replace it or have something to accompany it. I have already booked a petrol AT compass but Mumbai OTR is 23L for petrol AT which I find a little too much with so many features missing. For e.g My yeti has rain sensing wipers which compass does not, similarly with auto dimming IRVM. May be Jeep will launch these features in diesel AT (only hoping) when it launches in next year. So for now I will be canceling my compass booking and wait for diesel AT to launch. In the meantime I will be replacing my 6.5 year old fabia with an automatic hatch/compact sedan.

One question that I wanted to ask you since you also owned a yeti and now compass, do you feel compass is an upgrade over Yeti in terms of features/performance/interior quality/ICE etc.? Or its just a nice replacement for your aging yeti?
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 17:00   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Congratulations Behemoth!

One question that I wanted to ask you since you also owned a yeti and now compass, do you feel compass is an upgrade over Yeti in terms of features/performance/interior quality/ICE etc.? Or its just a nice replacement for your aging yeti?
The Compass is better than the Yeti in overall design language and ride quality. The Yeti was better in practicality and interior headroom. The seating positioning in the Compass is also higher and gives a more commanding view. The Build quality and safety features are comparable between the two.
ICE features are better, but sound quality in the Yeti was better and sound stage was clearly defined.

The Karoq probably will be the right jump from the Yeti, but it will be around 25-27 Lacs. At a 20 Lac budget the Compass is a respectable jump up from the previous gen Yeti I had.

One correction to my opening post: the tyre size is 225/60R17 for the main tyres, I typed it as 215/60 R17 by mistake. Mods please correct in opening post of possible. Thanks!

Last edited by Behemoth : 31st August 2017 at 17:09.
Behemoth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 20:32   #23
BHPian

Congrats on the Jeep Compass mate and a warm hello from a fellow Gurgaonite!

I fully agree with your view on Compass reminding of Evoque. When i saw the Compass for the first time on roads that was my first reaction as well.

The biggest two features lacking in Compass right now is an A/T diesel and a panaromic sunroof. I would seriously consider the Compass (in Blue) if the Jeep decides to bestow it with these features in near future!

Once again lots of congrats!
ashish22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 21:35   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

In terms of Dimensions, the Jeep Compass is closest to the Audi Q3 and also has a similar design language (curvaceous and modern). Rise of the Silver Surfer | Chronicles of our Jeep Compass 4x2 Limited | EDIT: Sold-1504195513372.jpg
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 09:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! The car looks good in that color. I think what works for the Jeep is that compact size which is perfect for in city use. Plus there is that unmistakable novelty of driving something that is so new to our market and different from the usual.
Old 1st September 2017, 09:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Your review shows that a thorough research and a little bit of patience always pay. Wish you many many happy miles with your Compass.
Old 1st September 2017, 12:10   #27
BHPian

Congratulations Behemoth ! This is a wonderful choice , I might add it's the flavor of the season. Your Logic of not going for 4*4 is justified with the increase in CESS just announced. Probably the govt. thinks by labeling unnecessary taxes on SUV's it will curtail their demand. Well! i think its not going to happen.

People will still buy regardless of price, however still the cost increase is not justified.
Old 2nd September 2017, 07:00   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Congratulations! The car looks good in that color. I think what works for the Jeep is that compact size which is perfect for in city use. Plus there is that unmistakable novelty of driving something that is so new to our market and different from the usual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Your review shows that a thorough research and a little bit of patience always pay. Wish you many many happy miles with your Compass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
Congratulations Behemoth ! This is a wonderful choice , I might add it's the flavor of the season. Your Logic of not going for 4*4 is justified with the increase in CESS just announced. Probably the govt. thinks by labeling unnecessary taxes on SUV's it will curtail their demand. Well! i think its not going to happen.

People will still buy regardless of price, however still the cost increase is not justified.
Thanks everyone!
Yes sometimes it is worth waiting for a good car! In our case we just could not find the right replacement for our Yeti till we found the Compass. The 7 seater Suvs are too large for city use and we have no need for a seven seater.
Yes the cess hike is imminent but I am hearing that the company lease rental GST will also be hiked to 53%
This will impact all company lease car buyers in the 43% slab now and increase their EMIs.
A friend of mine bought an Audi a few months back before July. His EMI pretax was 1L then. When GST was applied it went up to 1.3L and now when cess comes in it will go to 1.4L.
The government just doesn't want anyone to be happy Ever!

Last edited by Behemoth : 2nd September 2017 at 07:02.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 19:26   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
This is going to be a long story and will chronicle the rise of our SILVER SURFER - aka the Jeep Compass LTD 4x2 in Silver. I hope that this Ownership thread will be helpful for all the TBHP members and readers considering the Jeep Compass !

!
Thanks for all the info, I too had Yet and very difficult to come to terms with any other car. If Skoda brings out new yeti with automatic gear, I would buy it with eyes closed.

I am 72 and drives fair amount out of Mumbai, now I need an automatic car. Driving into and out of Mumbai is very painful without automatic drive. I have booked Compass automatic- 1.4 L Petrol. It would be available for test drive some times end of September, I hope earlier the better. Hope it would be good decision.

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd September 2017 at 19:33. Reason: Quoting a long post hampers readability.
captmukhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 19:26   #30
BHPian

A hearty congratulations to you Behemoth on your beautiful Silver Surfer. We are too hoping to take delivery of exactly same specced Compass by the Navratras. Had a question to bother you with, how do you find the light throw of the car? Is it satisfactory? We have a Skoda Rapid and a BMW X3, and to match the lights of the Beemer we had booked the limited o variant but due to no clarity in delivery, and to escape the GST, we went for the regular limited variant. 6 Airbags we also an absolute necessity but due to the above stated reason and also the fact that the 4X4 would've been more of a stretch than what we already had decided upon. Plus the Creta and other cars didn't make sense going for as they definitely felt a league below the compass in each sense ( no offence to Creta owners, I personally love the car, but this happens when you look at the best, nothing else does ) hence.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks