Team-BHP - Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/192400-driven-2017-maruti-s-cross-facelift-16.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 4617706)

1- I am also from Delhi and the AC performance at the back is inadequate for the first 10-15 mins

2- Horrible headlamps & reflector design.

3- Diesel and hence a life of only 10 years if that is important to you.

1. I was worried about the air-conditioning, especially in the Delhi summer. From what I could make out from the test drive, it did become comfortable, but it takes some time.

2. I'm looking at the Delta version , not the top end. So no led DRL and no LED projectors. They provide only the halogen projectors. Are the headlights very bad?

3. Diesel is not a problem. Don't plan to keep the car for 10 years. And I'm happy with the Fiat 1.3 MJD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolkurt (Post 4617482)
Is there any disadvantage in going for the 1.3 MJD powered S- Cross? With a 5-7 years ownership horizon, is it a bad decision to choose this engine at the cusp of BS6?

Any support/ parts issues that might come up?

I have a Oct 16/Delta clocked 1,14,000 kms. To summarize my ownership:

* Car handles very well, high speed stability is very good, unlike most Maruti cars.

* Disc all around, brakes are very sharp. I am running on aftermarket brake pads at the rear.

* Ride quality at speeds above 60kmph is good, very mature.

* NVH is very poor.

* I get anywhere between 17-20 kmpl inside city, out on the highways between 19-22 kmpl.

* Poor stock headlights, don't know if this is the case with facelift also, I upgraded the headlights on my car.

* I find the AC to be satisfactory at 1, good at 2. You need to make sure you remove all the heat trapped inside the car when outside temp is 40+, else you will find the AC very ineffective.

* Average service cost is around 8k, this includes fully synthetic oil.

* After sales and support are too good, typical Maruti.

* ZERO rattles till date. clap:

Quote:

Is there any disadvantage in going for the 1.3 MJD powered S- Cross?

These are the reasons why I didn't opt for 1.3 MJD...
- 1.6 got me sold; just one push on A pedal & that kick you get with 1.6 is unmatched + TBhp review says, if its SCross, then it has to be 1.6
- Difficult to keep beyond 140s

Quote:

With a 5-7 years ownership horizon, is it a bad decision to choose this engine at the cusp of BS6?

I don't see anything bad, unless you feel the engine is powering more than 6 million vehicles worldwide

Quote:

Any support/ parts issues that might come up?

First of all it's Maruti, so no way there's going to be disruption with parts. Second, there's no one like MSIL when it comes to best service in this country

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolkurt (Post 4617878)
1. I was worried about the air-conditioning, especially in the Delhi summer. From what I could make out from the test drive, it did become comfortable, but it takes some time.

2. I'm looking at the Delta version , not the top end. So no led DRL and no LED projectors. They provide only the halogen projectors. Are the headlights very bad?

3. Diesel is not a problem. Don't plan to keep the car for 10 years. And I'm happy with the Fiat 1.3 MJD.

1- Front seats = no problem.
Rear Seats = 5 mins if parked in shade, 10 otherwise.

2- Mine also does not have the DRLs and projectors. Yes, please budget for an upgrade. My extended warranty finishes in November and that is when I will upgrade.

3- I drove the MJD in a 2007 Swift for almost 2.75 lakh kms without a single issue. And hence the repeat purchase.

Booked the S Cross Delta variant today. Blue was the choice of colour. It's a decision that was taken from the mind , than the heart and I have no regrets. Seems like a pretty solid car. A good replacement for my Punto 1.4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolkurt (Post 4617878)
They provide only the halogen projectors. Are the headlights very bad?

Halogen projectors are decent, I've done 17K on the facelift Zeta which are mostly on highways.

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade to Petrol BS6 Compliant Brezza or S-Cross.
Have been reading reports that the S-Cross BS6 petrol will be launched
Please share if there is confirmed news and how much price difference from the current diesel models.

I was visiting a Nexa outlet and asked the rumored S-Cross petrol. The SA said the model is at least a year away as they haven't heard anything from the Company. He also said that since the current diesel engine is BS4, it would be stopped and the production for S-Cross would be stop soon too.

His reason, due to high development cost, the BS6 engines would hike the cost of the car. Maruti thinks the market has perceived the Scross as 'over-priced' and this further hike would make it further unattractive. Not sure how much of this true. Does anyone have leads on the future of the S-Cross?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashis89 (Post 4666658)
I was visiting a Nexa outlet and asked the rumored S-Cross petrol. The SA said the model is at least a year away as they haven't heard anything from the Company. He also said that since the current diesel engine is BS4, it would be stopped and the production for S-Cross would be stop soon too.

His reason, due to high development cost, the BS6 engines would hike the cost of the car. Maruti thinks the market has perceived the Scross as 'over-priced' and this further hike would make it further unattractive. Not sure how much of this true. Does anyone have leads on the future of the S-Cross?

The S Cross petrol is very much coming, and as per an interview of a senior official, its coming by the end of this year.

Regards,
Shashi

The article says S Cross petrol will be launched at the start of 2020. Apart from the manual transmission, CVT is also likely to be introduced with the new car which sounds like a good news already!

https://motoroctane.com/news/196334-...ti-s-cross/amp

Finally some movement on the petrol S-Cross front:

"Sales trainings for Maruti S-Cross Petrol start tomorrow"

Let's hope it comes in automatic!

News is that Suzuki plans to launch the BS6 version of the S cross. We can expect it with the 1.5 petrol powering the Ciaz, Ertiga and the Xl6. Given the sales of these 4 models Suzuki should have seriously considered upgrading the 1.5 Diesel to BS6. I am sure with that engine and a slightly better gear box, the S cross would have been a true adventure car, a sure winner of hearts. How many of you agree?