Team-BHP - Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/192400-driven-2017-maruti-s-cross-facelift-12.html)

Finally wait is over..Blue dino has joined our family.:)

Maruti Suzuki does a good job in resurrecting S Cross sales with the face-lift. Added to the additional Nexa outlets, S Cross does respectable numbers in sales figures.

Quote:

taking the Nexa network to Tier 2 towns has helped widen the market for the S-Cross, and taken the product to areas where there is demand for it. Over the past year, Maruti Suzuki has added 64 Nexa outlets, taking the total count to 316 outlets in 178 cities
Quote:

The S-Cross did comfortably outsell the Renault Duster (14,112 units, down 25.52 percent), Honda BR-V (11,563 units, down 43.37 percent) and Nissan’s Terrano (2872 units, down 17.19 percent
Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift-sc.jpg

Source:

I will take Dino for first servicing this weekend. As per manual it will be just check and wash kind of servicing. Is it preferred to change the engine oil for first servicing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Cruiser (Post 4394137)
I have booked a S cross alpha nexa blue colour.. I'm expecting delivery by the week end.. Meanwhile I have got the following message
Dear Customer, FASTag 170***** for Vehicle No. MA3FNEB1S00190442 has been assigned to your FASTag account No. *****. What does the no MA3FNEB1S00190442 mean.?
I know it's VIN. But how do I decode it!

When 10th and 11th number is zero then look for two more numbers after VIN in engine bay. There will be a star before these two numbers. It will give you the manufacturing date.

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Hi All,

Planning to book S Cross 1.3 Alpha this week by exchanging my 33K done Elite i20 ASTA 1.2 (2015) model. Reason: Need of more practical , diesel (usage has been significantly increased) and reasonable mileage (anything between 13-15 is fine). Waiting period in Chennai is almost 8 weeks.

I'd like to know is there any back seat angle adjusting available in the Top end version of S-Cross? I don't see that anywhere in the review point out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jebs (Post 4394274)

I'd like to know is there any back seat angle adjusting available in the Top end version of S-Cross? I don't see that anywhere in the review point out.

The back seat can be adjusted but only in two positions. Attached a snapshot from the owner's manual for your reference.

Maruti Suzuki seems to have revived the S Cross with its face-lift.

Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift-scr.jpg

Source: Auto Punditz

Any word on a petrol S-Cross? Would book it on the first day if launched. I understand that we would not get a very potent petrol motor if at all, but my family has always liked petrol and me personally, I feel that I would rather not drive a diesel unless the car in question weighs more than 2 tonnes and doesn't come with a V8 option stupid:

Petrol S-Cross would really do it for my family and I will definitely book within the first day of announcement if it is on the horizon. Perhaps it could help Maruti boost sales as well seeing that there is an audience out there who understands the practicality of a vehicle like the S-Cross, but doesn't feel the need to commit to agricultural drivetrains (diesels).

I may go for S-cross zeta in couple of weeks. Humble request for 1.3 S-cross owners, kindly help me on couple of doubts:So, what to expect from the 1.3 S-cross? I am going to use the car mostly in city and sometime my drive involves some treacherous traffic section in Pune (Hadapsar, Sashane nagar and Mundwa if you are aware of this part of city). I am OK with engine noise, but low end is important to me to manage in bumper to bumper.

Also, what is the expectation in steep ghats with 5 adults and full A/C? Can I just slot 2nd and drive on or do I have to constantly fiddle with A/C button and change gear? Currently, my drive is a 3 cylinder 1.2 petrol Micra and I know what struggling in ghat means and I don’t want that in new carplease:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IshaanIan (Post 4397843)
Any word on a petrol S-Cross? Would book it on the first day if launched.

If an automatic version is launched, I might be among the initial few people to book the car.

Hello All,

We have recently booked an S-Cross Alpha and have been offered free accessories by the dealer. There are a large number of choices and hence did not want to list them out here. Some of them are door sill guard, side moulding, cushions, door visor, floor mats, etc.

Was hoping to gain insights from fellow owners if there are any accessories that they recommend fitting.

Thanks
Yash

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolRider (Post 4400071)
So, what to expect from the 1.3 S-cross? I am going to use the car mostly in city and sometime my drive involves some treacherous traffic section in Pune (Hadapsar, Sashane nagar and Mundwa if you are aware of this part of city). I am OK with engine noise, but low end is important to me to manage in bumper to bumper.

Also, what is the expectation in steep ghats with 5 adults and full A/C? Can I just slot 2nd and drive on or do I have to constantly fiddle with A/C button and change gear? Currently, my drive is a 3 cylinder 1.2 petrol Micra and I know what struggling in ghat means and I don’t want that in new carplease:.

My suggestion would be to take a test drive on a few steep slopes just to see if this will suffice for your needs.

Speaking from personal experience, The torque and pulling power is adequate for highway as well as bumper to bumper traffic. The car feels nippy and has pretty good response within 1700 RPM to 3000 RPM. Below 1500 RPM, you will need to downshift if you want to gain speed quickly but you will have enough torque to keep you moving in bumper to bumper traffic.

Took delivery of my white S-Cross Alpha on Tuesday, 29th May. The delivery process was good, though a little slow (took almost 60 minutes, of which I was waiting around for about 15 mins). The car was ready at the appointed time, and absolutely spotless. The Nexa RM ran me through all the features in a detailed manner, and was aware of most aspects of the vehicle.

They had a cake-cutting ceremony, and after signing all the documents I was on my way. I had not actually test driven the car (as the vehicle is for my dad's use, and he had taken the test drive), so this was my first time driving it. My regular vehicle is an Elite i20, and compared with the i20, I noticed the following:

Overall, driving it for the short 10 kms home was a pleasant drive, and I was happy with the features of the car. Especially since this will be used by my parents, the high seating position and comfortable recline angle are well suited for them. However, coming from a 1.6L Skoda Rapid TDI, I'm sure the drive is going to be an adjustment for my dad on the highway!

Maruti Suzuki has hit the right chord on the Face-lift version, reflecting consistently on the sales figures.

Sells 4610 cars in May 2018.

Source: Auto Punditz

Dear all, what does the S in s-cross stand for?