Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2018, 15:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done

Got insurance renewed at Nandi Toyota. Zero dep policy cost me 39K! I had 50% NCB, which I had to forego as I claimed last year to replace my windshield. While it is 4-5K costlier than outside, I think its peace of mind. They have also offered wash/wax/interior cleaning and 2K voucher which can be used incase of insurance claim.
Old 6th August 2018, 10:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Innova has been munching miles after miles. Odo stand close to 18K and 2K more, all set for second oil change. Came back from routine home visit and with Shiradi ghat open, onward and return journey have been blissful after 6 months of torture(Read: drive through Madikeri). Visited Subrahmanya on the way. A week earlier, Went Kudremukha/Sringeri and man, I can comfortably say- Nothing beats Western Ghats during monsoon.

Issues: The aftermarket music system rattles a bit when driving through rough section, and in rare occasion the aftermarket wood trim as well. There is also a strange sound of "Trrrrrr" that comes from speedo at 2000-2200rpm. Plan to get this checked during 20K service. Barring these the car has been flawless so far.

Fuel Economy: I now consistently get anywhere between 14.5-16KMPL on highway and 10.5-12 in City. I maintain decent 3 digit speed on highway and drive in dense Bangalore traffic.

Tyres: The stock Bridgestone are doing the duty well and looks good for another 20-25K. A wider section tyres would definitely change cars characteristics. Plan to get a 215 or 225 section tyres once the current set worns out.

@Kudremukha
Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-20180729_095915.jpg
PrideRed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 16:11   #48
Senior - BHPian

The car completed 1 year and what better way to celebrate than closing the loan. I can proudly say Its all mine- yes even the smallest nut out in there. Did some packed journey and can comfortably say the Crysta feels more spacious than prev Innova.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 08:16   #49
BHPian

Oh came across this one a little late. Read your ford thread earlier and posted my question there.
A white crysta is my drool vehicle. Again the same rant. Ford 2.2 or crysta which one do you recommend

Last edited by ampere : 20th September 2018 at 08:33.
knrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 09:27   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post

Fuel Economy: I now consistently get anywhere between 14.5-16KMPL on highway and 10.5-12 in City. I maintain decent 3 digit speed on highway and drive in dense Bangalore traffic.
I envy your FE figures My Tigor petrol returns same figures under similar conditions, looks like Toyota has hit the sweet spot with this engine again!

Hope to own a white Innova one day!
Old 20th September 2018, 11:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
Oh came across this one a little late. Read your ford thread earlier and posted my question there.
A white crysta is my drool vehicle. Again the same rant. Ford 2.2 or crysta which one do you recommend
Its pretty simple, if you are on driver seat most of the times, go for Endy. If you are being driven, go for the Crysta. The back seats of Endy are a bit bouncy and Innova scores here. Come front seat, the Endeavour offers a different experience altogether. Power wise both cars match evenly, while Endy handles much better Innova claws back with better FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I envy your FE figures My Tigor petrol returns same figures under similar conditions, looks like Toyota has hit the sweet spot with this engine again!

Hope to own a white Innova one day!
One of the strong reasons why I am considering another Crysta to replace our 11 year old Innova. 2.4 is a great motor, it can deliver FE when driven in Eco mode and run like a mad bull in PWR mode(ofcourse has impact on FE).
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 13:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

Completed 20K service yesterday at Nandi Toyota. Just the routine stuff including Oil/Filter change. Got alignment balancing done from them as well which costed roughly 1.4K including taxes. There was a bit of oil moisture around gearbox and I was a bit surprised. The car was kept with them for a extra day and found out that at one of the places sealant wasn't applied properly. Repair was done under warranty. The brake pads should last another 10-20K with my current driving style and tires should last another 20-25K.
20K service damage including alignment was RS 8993. Little on the higher side given they charge around 2K for 15K service as well.

20K drive was more than sufficient to shortlist the car to replace my 11 year old Innova, which was sold a week back. Garnet red 2.4 GX will join white 2.4 GX in couple of days.
Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-img20181003wa0019.jpg
Old 16th November 2018, 13:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

Update:

1. White Crysta has munched close to 23K KM's and is doing great. Got seat covers(Tan color) and floor mats added. Total cost: 18K
2.The Red(or rather Maroon) Crysta has completed 1K service and ODO now stands at 2.5K .
3. The red one's came with Apollo while the white one had Bridgestone. Not much difference w.r.to grip/handling in dry condition, the road noise however is slightly higher in the apollo.
4. Addition of Music system, steering control, seat height adjustment has made GX a more competent variant. 2-3 lac premium on V does sound quite high now.
5. Toyota has silently removed illuminated power window switches on GX. Older one has it.
6. FE efficiency figures remain pretty much same for both. About 11-13 in city and 14-16 on highways(For my driving style).
7. Red is scratch magnet, while it looks great during day, White is lot more easier to maintain.
8. The B390 on White look good for another 15K, if it can do 40K I will be extremely happy.
9.Despite seat height adjuster, I find seating of White Crysta(which doesnot have adjuster) to be spot on.
10. The white one's have Rockford Fosgate speakers and Red one has Infinity. I am not a audiophile but the Rockford feels more youthful with powerful bass and louder sound(Blaupunkt HU might be helping here), the Infinity has better sound reproduction. You can here even the some sounds that are unheard in Rockford.

Deepavali lights .

Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-2.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-1.jpg

Last edited by PrideRed : 16th November 2018 at 13:41.
PrideRed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 12:01   #54
Senior - BHPian

Completed 2500+800KM over last two weeks.The Red crysta completed 5K service and white one is inching closer to 25K mark. Got 3M paint protection, undercoating and interior protection at Toyota for 12k. Both cars are performing flawlessly so far and service as usual is top notch.

Some pictures from recent MH drive in Red crysta.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-20181213_160501.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-20181213_165057.jpg  

Old 27th December 2018, 15:03   #55
Senior - BHPian

Tried Mirrorlink for the first time only to find it not working. Went and tried phonelink in my other Crysta, even that is not working. Check in Samsung S7 and Oneplus 3T. Will get Mirrorlink checked with Toyota.
Old 31st December 2018, 13:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

My Inlaw got a 2.4 ZX and had an opportunity to drive on Mangalore-Bangalore highway. Few quick comparison w.r.to my GX:

1. Did not see a mirrorlink option in the ZX Head unit.
2. The LED headlamps has better illumination than the already brilliant Halogen lamps of GX. However w.r.to Fog lamp, I felt the halogen has am edge.
3. On 4 lane highway the wider 17 inchers felt slightly better. Enter bumpy roads, 16 inchers offered better ride. However on an MPV the difference is minuscule. I asked my wife seated at back as which had better ride, she said no difference .
4. Barring, ESP, 7 airbags I don't miss other features in my GX. While the MID looks great, the one in GX is simple and provides all required data(Personal opinion).
5. We were 6+1 kid on board and folks seated in third row found the ride and space extremely comfortable. Note- both are about 5.5Ft tall and lightly built.

Last edited by PrideRed : 31st December 2018 at 13:53.
Old 31st December 2018, 14:10   #57
BHPian

Quote:
The brake pads should last another 10-20K with my current driving style and tires should last another 20-25K.
20K service damage including alignment was RS 8993. Little on the higher side given they charge around 2K for 15K service as well.

20K drive was more than sufficient to shortlist the car to replace my 11 year old Innova, which was sold a week back. Garnet red 2.4 GX will join white 2.4 GX in couple of days.[/ATTACH]
Very informative thread, PrideRed. Although I have to ask 1 question that has plagued a lot of members on this forum, some other people owning the car, and also personally when I had the Crysta. How are the brake discs holding up? For the brief period I had my car, the Crysta had been in for brake bleeding twice, disc skimming once and then ultimately an under-warranty change of the disc, pads and caliper. My last conversation with them, and I was told its due to the wheel alloy design that allow smaller pebbles to infringe and start leaving traction lines on the discs. I, however, suspected the alloys on the discs, that may have been getting warmer than usual to allow the disc to get warped over a period of time.

Did you encounter any of such issues? You will be the best judge having owned 2 already. Around 20000 km was when I got my warranty replacements as well. Atypical observation is, when applying braking, there is a distinct shudder transmitted to the steering wheel. It wasn't ABS kicking in, nor a problem with the balancing.
Overlander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 14:52   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Did you encounter any of such issues? You will be the best judge having owned 2 already. Around 20000 km was when I got my warranty replacements as well. Atypical observation is, when applying braking, there is a distinct shudder transmitted to the steering wheel. It wasn't ABS kicking in, nor a problem with the balancing.
My Red Crysta has now done close to 6K and and white one about 25K. In the white one I have observed shudder once(or twice) before 10K service. But after that I haven't noticed once. I took the red one for a Mumbai drive recently and did quite a lot of spirited driving in PWR mode in Mumbai Pune Expressway and Hubli-Bangalore. I drove the car at breakneck speeds chasing an Octavia for considerable distance and not once did the car shudder or faced any braking issue. After driving for 30K+ KM, I now find the brake in Crsyta better than my Endeavour.

W.r.to shudder you have seen, let me ask you couple of queries:
1. What model is your car. I was told initial batches had some problem/defect.
2. How do you wash your car?
3. What is your driving style? Fast, Sedate?

Why I asked above queries is because based on my study I found last two factors contribute quite a lot. When i took for 10K service, I asked a technician about the issue, according to him first batch of cars did have some kind of issues. Second thing is many of the owners do wash using bucket. And after washing is complete, emptied the remaining the water on wheels. This resulted in finer sand sticking to brake disks and ultimately causing shudders. Unknowingly I used to this couple of times and my worker used to do this always! Second thing is your driving style, If you are person who push hard and brake even harder very often, I have seen shudder in many a cars(Including my Ecosport/Vento/Optra and friends Jetta/Octavia). While this should not happen, unfortunately due hot climate, dusty climate many of the cars south of 30-40lacs suffer from this issue. Not everyone will see the issue in all cars, because driving style/conditions are never the same.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 15:04   #59
BHPian

Quote:

W.r.to shudder you have seen, let me ask you couple of queries:
1. What model is your car. I was told initial batches had some problem/defect.

When i took for 10K service, I asked a technician about the issue, according to him first batch of cars did have some kind of issues.
That's absolutely correct. The timeline for the initial batch dispatch I received was June 2016 to July 2017. Every car that had come for related issue were from this batch, hence was curious if Toyota indeed make the changes they have purportedly claimed to have done.

Seems from your positive feedback, the current Crysta owners shouldn't be facing the issues. However, I keep wondering, why would the initial batches and adopters be plagued with the issue? Did they say what the problem was. Reason being, if alloy wheel design was the issue (as told by the service advisor), I see the same design being retained now. Goes to prove, it was not a design but a material issue to start with.
Old 31st December 2018, 17:13   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Seems from your positive feedback, the current Crysta owners shouldn't be facing the issues. However, I keep wondering, why would the initial batches and adopters be plagued with the issue? Did they say what the problem was. Reason being, if alloy wheel design was the issue (as told by the service advisor), I see the same design being retained now. Goes to prove, it was not a design but a material issue to start with.
There is definitely no issue with the design but more to do with material. I could not spot any visible difference between my 2017 Aug and 2018 Sep Crysta, be it with Alloy or the brake disk. It is next to impossible for any company to launch a 100% bug free product, be it Toyota or Microsoft.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks