Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2020, 10:55   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done

Lockdown and not much to update. White crsyta clocked measly 50KM in 2 months while the garnet red one had busy time clocking over 2000KM in 2 months. I hit the worst FE ever on my Crysta with onboard computer reporting 10.6KM/L on one of the journeys. Thanks to lockdown, the cars are remaining dust free for longer duration.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 20:00   #92
Senior - BHPian

Posting after long time. 38K on ODO, not much miles have been put as the newer garage mates have been doing the highway duties. Last week Thar broke down, and ended up transporting about 800KG of farm produce on Innova off-road. While the Innova has more space than Thar, have to be extremely careful off-road. The white Crysta I had earlier, was doing this job regularly.

Front driver seat seem to have developed the famous channel noise. If my memory serves me correct, our previous gen Innova too had this noise, which we ignored as car was out of warranty. Sine the Crysta is in warranty, will get this checked during next service.

A picture of Crysta after long time. In need of a professional detailing, which is due as well.
Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-img_20220122_172933__01__01.jpg
PrideRed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 12:03   #93
Senior - BHPian

Did a day trip to Bangalore a week back. Was comfortable trip as ever. On return journey tanked up Xtragreen at Jalahalli and got best ever FE(as reported in MID) of 16KMPL. MID has decent accuracy with variation of about 0.2KMPL. Did maintain comfortable 3 digit speed on 4 lane highway and maintained good pace post Shiradi ghat. Total journey time was less than 5hours as we did not stop for food break. Onward journey got FE of 12.3KMPL.

Innova did highway duty after a long gap. Few observations in comparison to Fortuner:

- Ride is plusher at slower speed(under 50KMPH). The bumps/cuts are not as sharp as Fortuner.
- There is considerable sideway movement, thanks to relatively softer suspension. While driving at speed, Innova bounces a wee bit more at
bumps/depressions/undulations. 17 inchers improve this but then ride is plusher in Fortuner with 17inch tires too.
- Steering doesnot feel as connected as the one in Fortuner. There is more play in Innova.
- Insulation is no match. At any speed, Fortuner's cabin is far more silent.
- Stiffer suspension gives better confidence while driving at higher speeds at 4 lane highway.
- Innova being MT and 2.4, easily gives 2KMPL more FE than the thirsty 2.8 AT.
- The seats compound of Innova is a bit softer(may be because of fabric seats), this adds to plush ride at slow speed.
- 2.4MT in Power mode has good grunt but feels strained at higher speed. 2.8 AT at same speeds is far more relaxed.
- In laws have 2.4ZX. Got to compare the lights over weekend, find throw/intensity of Bi-beams better than mixed quad beam setup in Innova. I always loved
Halogen+LED/HID combo but was surprised to see Bi-Beam fare better.

Last edited by PrideRed : 3rd March 2022 at 12:05.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 22:17   #94
Senior - BHPian

50000KM service update

Crysta completed 50K service at brand new service center at Puttur today. Having a service center in town is quite convenient. This is comparatively small scale center though follows same principle as other centers. Always nice to see your car getting serviced from lounge.

Car actually had done 49K in 4 years which is quite low by Toyota standards. While the car clocked 20K in first year, next 3 years saw only 30K, thanks to COVID. Being workhorse, has seen lot of bad roads, luggage hauling, airport duties, transporting farm good etc.

There were no issues to be rectified and was regular service. Total cost came to 8.2K which is quite economical. Service included oil change, oil filter replacement and inspection. Front seats channels make faint noise occassionally, could not be replicated at service center . Though new, technicians were knowledgeable and typical Toyota.

The tires had worn out and decided to replace same. Had bought one Yokohama Earth 1 few weeks back and decided to add 3 more, so car now has 4 new tires. Toyota dealer gave a good deal(cheaper than online) and also gave free wheel alignment and balance. Was happy with Yokohama and was rather easy decision to go for same.

49K on ODO, car feels as fresh as day one. Garnet red is difficult to maintain and there are scratches on this workhorse but give a good polish and car still glitters. Engine sounds same as day one and there are no rattles despite the abuse. This is one of the 2 manuals at home and must say, there is some charm in shifting manually. BS4 is the golden era of Diesel, will hold onto this car for as long as I can.

Service done, got new shoes and ready to munch miles!

Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-pxl_20220908_1216507242.jpg
PrideRed is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 18:31   #95
Senior - BHPian

Did the 60K/5th Year service. Innova had clocked close to 58K when it went for the 5th year service. Service included oil change, oil filter change, air cleaner change and routine checkup. The brake pad had very less life left(may be 1-2K) and got same replaced too. There were two other issues- driver seat channel used to rattle and AC knob(Direction) for some reason would not rotate. First one has been approved to change in warranty and second one the cable has snapped(rat bite?) and part is ordered.

Toyota now has only one synthetic oil irrespective of BS4/BS6. The charges are higher compared to mineral oil which was available earlier, costs around 4K+ for Innova. Brake pads are around 7K. I also opted for Rat mesh to be installed costing around 2.5K. Total bill came to 26K, which is on higher side mainly due to additional stuff that went in. Routine service is now 12-13K, thanks to Synthetic engine oil.

Car is few days short of completing 5 years. COVID and new additions to garage, resulted in rather low running for an Innova. The MT is a downer now after getting used to the AT, however the fuss free BS4 diesel makes up for it. No DPF/Ad-Blue head ache, makes good power and quite efficient too. 2.4 mill returns about 11-12KM/L within city and about 14-15KMPL on highway with medium load. While the car has not munched much miles, has been dependable, from hauling 1 Tonne+(Yes you read it right) load off road to munching miles on a 4 lane highway, has been a good performer. Not to forget, the bucket seats at rear are still the preferred place for all in family when it comes to rear seat comfort! There are few rattles while riding through bad road due to the kind of usage, and plenty of battle scars which have been addressed to certain extent. I am for sure to use the car for atleast another 5 years!

Recently went for a drive to Ooty in two cars with family and was fun. There wasn't much rain and weather was amazing! The roads are fantastic and light rains made for a picturesque drive, especially the Gundlupet-Masinagudi stretch.

Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-pxl_20230729_061920989.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-pxl_20230729_083839965.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-pxl_20230729_091611411.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4 GX ownership review. EDIT: 10,000 km service done-pxl_20230729_092225912.jpg
PrideRed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 00:21   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Did the 60K/5th Year service. Innova had clocked close to 58K when it went for the 5th year service. Service included oil change, oil filter change, air cleaner change and routine checkup. The brake pad had very less life left(may be 1-2K) and got same replaced too. There were two other issues- driver seat channel used to rattle and AC knob(Direction) for some reason would not rotate. First one has been approved to change in warranty and second one the cable has snapped(rat bite?) and part is ordered.

Toyota now has only one synthetic oil irrespective of BS4/BS6. The charges are higher compared to mineral oil which was available earlier, costs around 4K+ for Innova. Brake pads are around 7K. I also opted for Rat mesh to be installed costing around 2.5K. Total bill came to 26K, which is on higher side mainly due to additional stuff that went in. Routine service is now 12-13K, thanks to Synthetic engine oil.

Car is few days short of completing 5 years. COVID and new additions to garage, resulted in rather low running for an Innova. The MT is a downer now after getting used to the AT, however the fuss free BS4 diesel makes up for it. No DPF/Ad-Blue head ache, makes good power and quite efficient too. 2.4 mill returns about 11-12KM/L within city and about 14-15KMPL on highway with medium load. While the car has not munched much miles, has been dependable, from hauling 1 Tonne+(Yes you read it right) load off road to munching miles on a 4 lane highway, has been a good performer. Not to forget, the bucket seats at rear are still the preferred place for all in family when it comes to rear seat comfort! There are few rattles while riding through bad road due to the kind of usage, and plenty of battle scars which have been addressed to certain extent. I am for sure to use the car for atleast another 5 years!

Recently went for a drive to Ooty in two cars with family and was fun. There wasn't much rain and weather was amazing! The roads are fantastic and light rains made for a picturesque drive, especially the Gundlupet-Masinagudi stretch.

Attachment 2485196

Attachment 2485197

Attachment 2485198

Attachment 2485199
Your Innova crysta is very unique as it has only clocked 60k in its 5 years . In the same period I have seen 90% of Crysta clocking atleast 1 Lakh kilometers. Your were absolutely correct sir with respect to BS 4 diesel. BS 4 diesels are a boon rather than a BS 6 diesel which is cumber some with all these DPF and stuff . If your planning to sell your Crysta after 5 years , Iam the first guy in line to buy it . Please mark my name in your register .
sriniadk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 13:04   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriniadk View Post
Your Innova crysta is very unique as it has only clocked 60k in its 5 years . In the same period I have seen 90% of Crysta clocking atleast 1 Lakh kilometers. Your were absolutely correct sir with respect to BS 4 diesel. BS 4 diesels are a boon rather than a BS 6 diesel which is cumber some with all these DPF and stuff . If your planning to sell your Crysta after 5 years , Iam the first guy in line to buy it . Please mark my name in your register .
Agree, 60K is quite low for an Innova. First two years car clocked a decent 35K and next 3 years munched just 25K. The car does lot of short local trips and because its MT, prefer other AT for longer journey.
Old 7th October 2023, 21:27   #98
BHPian

Hello sir, while reading this detailed review and ownership thread of both your Crysta's, which was amazing to read, I do have a few queries.

1. Why didn't you make your 2nd(Garnet Red) Crysta an automatic?
2. While driving, is your car driven in Eco Mode or Normal Mode when you are aiming for more fuel efficiency? And what is the average cruising speed you maintain to get good fuel economy numbers.
3,Our Crysta is driven at 60-80kmph on highways and returns around 13-14 kmpl, is that too slow? How to bump up the number? I have seen some 2.4 diesels returning 18-22 kmpl.

I also believe the Crysta is not taken out as much as compared to the Fortuner and the BMW, due to the manual. What's the ODO reading as of right now?

I would request for a answer soon, as my grandfather really wants to bump up the mileage, even when car is driven in 90 percent Eco Mode.

Thank you in advance
Raghav07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 23:12   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post
Hello sir, while reading this detailed review and ownership thread of both your Crysta's, which was amazing to read, I do have a few queries.

1. Why didn't you make your 2nd(Garnet Red) Crysta an automatic?
2. While driving, is your car driven in Eco Mode or Normal Mode when you are aiming for more fuel efficiency? And what is the average cruising speed you maintain to get good fuel economy numbers.
3,Our Crysta is driven at 60-80kmph on highways and returns around 13-14 kmpl, is that too slow? How to bump up the number? I have seen some 2.4 diesels returning 18-22 kmpl.

I also believe the Crysta is not taken out as much as compared to the Fortuner and the BMW, due to the manual. What's the ODO reading as of right now?

I would request for a answer soon, as my grandfather really wants to bump up the mileage, even when car is driven in 90 percent Eco Mode.

Thank you in advance
My legs weren't complaining back then and found the manual ok for my needs. While the automatic is convenient and once you get used to, there is no switching back to MT, AT isn't as fun on highway. Long distance travel were restricted at that time, which was another deciding factor. The car is mostly driven in normal mode especially on highways and found this mode to give best balance on most occasion.

I have never got anything above 15-16KMPL and mostly get 12-14KMPL when driven at about 100-110KMPH. The car has covered 60K and runs about 10K KM a year.

I don't know which variant you have and for a BS6 anything above 13KMPL is fairly good.
Old 8th October 2023, 10:28   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post

I have never got anything above 15-16KMPL and mostly get 12-14KMPL when driven at about 100-110KMPH. The car has covered 60K and runs about 10K KM a year.

I don't know which variant you have and for a BS6 anything above 13KMPL is fairly good.
Ok sir, thank you once again for your inputs. Our variant is a GX Auto bought in September 2022.
Raghav07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 17:42   #101
BHPian

Its time for my 2.4 GX Crysta to get its 3rd year OD insurance, have 1 claim for 17k in this year for rear spoiler replacement. Now Royal sundaram bumped up the premium from 24k to 41k citing claim for a 16L IDV. Even with no NCB, it should be around 28k. Acko offers it for 20k for same coverage (though need to check voluntary deductibles, it is 2.5k for Royal Sundaram). Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 22nd October 2023, 15:05   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
Its time for my 2.4 GX Crysta to get its 3rd year OD insurance, have 1 claim for 17k in this year for rear spoiler replacement. Now Royal sundaram bumped up the premium from 24k to 41k citing claim for a 16L IDV. Even with no NCB, it should be around 28k. Acko offers it for 20k for same coverage (though need to check voluntary deductibles, it is 2.5k for Royal Sundaram). Any suggestions are welcome.
Would recommend you to also get a quote from Toyota dealer. Many times have found their quote are competitive and claims are easier too. Also generally quotes are cheaper from National/New India/oriental.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks