Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2007, 08:50   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
Gee, I keep asking this same question in different car posts. But does anyone know if there is an auto tranny option round the corner?
No there will be no auto tranny.
Old 30th April 2007, 16:01   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdream2006 View Post
Is that true? Can other swift owners confirm? I have heard there is more juice left after 120kmph also?
Weird, the driver should have been driving an RS before. Diesels esp DDSi has enormous torque which can give you the strong pull even in higher gears like 4th and 5th unlike petrol. The pick up is amazing after 120, I tried till 140 and in my experience even after 100, the car moves with a fierce pull. Often, the experience is like driving on Need for speed ;-)
Old 5th May 2007, 10:59   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post
Weird, the driver should have been driving an RS before. Diesels esp DDSi has enormous torque which can give you the strong pull even in higher gears like 4th and 5th unlike petrol. The pick up is amazing after 120, I tried till 140 and in my experience even after 100, the car moves with a fierce pull. Often, the experience is like driving on Need for speed ;-)
guys, i recently went on a trip to pondicherry last weekend and the car did 150 with ease, i dint want to push further, but im sure it would be good till 160.
Old 11th May 2007, 11:36   #94
BHPian

My New Sieif

Hey Guys, am new to this forum and sad that I found it this late. Anyways at least I found it. This is the place to be in for all Auto lovers. I have had my Swift VDi since 22Feb and have clocked 4500Km. I am impressed by its performance and efficiency. Have never taken it on a highway as yet and still my baby gives me 18-19Kmpl with the AC on all the while. That too with me revving the engine to 3k+ RPM in each gear, the pull you feel is phenomenal. The top speed so far I have managed to do is 145kmph.
Old 13th May 2007, 11:29   #95
BHPian

5000 KM Crossed

Hi Friends,

Done about 5500 KM now...I think mine has become the oldest DDSi now in teambhp :-(

Yet to get the 5000 KM done. Mileage is pretty consistent 18-19KMPL overall (city + highway) with 100% A/c. Engine is little smooth after ECM replacement.

Vishnu
Old 13th May 2007, 11:52   #96
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Vishnu, Keep it up...Let us know about the 5K service?

Abhi
Old 13th May 2007, 13:09   #97
Senior - BHPian

Congratualtion Vishnu

Quote:
Done about 5500 KM now...I think mine has become the oldest DDSi now in teambhp :-(
You meant DDIS didnt you?
Old 14th May 2007, 17:31   #98

I went to maruti showroom for sx4 test drve.It was a big let down (non enthusiastic performance).Then we decided to check out swift diesel.I was not expecting anything great.But it came as a bit of surprise.This vehicle is awesome.I would never buy a hatch back(Fond of sedans).But swift diesel left me thinking.The engine is so bloody rev happy and refined.I would like to put word refined with an underscore.It's a nice feeling.Hell of a hatch this is.Lucky guys out here who have pocessed this beast already.
Three stars for swift diesel performance and 1 star for sx4.
Old 21st May 2007, 20:54   #99
BHPian

Hi All,
I have bought a swift Ldi recently(what with vdi having a wait list of 6 months!). With the torque available, I find that there is a bit of shudder when pressing the accelerator and releasing the clutch in the 1st gear. The shudder is much less if the clutch is released without pressing on the accelerator. Is this normal or does the clutch needs adjustment? This is a new car with hardly 150 kms on the odo.
Used to have a similar experience with my old ford ikon 1.8 D. Shift in to the 1st gear, release the clutch and off the car goes without stalling....
Will be grateful for the feedback from (relatively) long-term owners.
Thanks,
Mahesh
Old 22nd May 2007, 11:33   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshshanmugam View Post
Hi All,
I have bought a swift Ldi recently(what with vdi having a wait list of 6 months!). With the torque available, I find that there is a bit of shudder when pressing the accelerator and releasing the clutch in the 1st gear. The shudder is much less if the clutch is released without pressing on the accelerator. Is this normal or does the clutch needs adjustment? This is a new car with hardly 150 kms on the odo.
Used to have a similar experience with my old ford ikon 1.8 D. Shift in to the 1st gear, release the clutch and off the car goes without stalling....
Will be grateful for the feedback from (relatively) long-term owners.
Thanks,
Mahesh
I have noticed the same thing with my viva crdi lately, if i release the clutch and i feel a kind of obstruction or very slight thak sound underneath my accelaration foot.

It was not there before and imo, it should not be there in your swift too. Better go and check up with your service guys, even i am doing the same.
Old 22nd May 2007, 11:52   #101
Team-BHP Support

Could it be due to weak springs? I remember many petrol swift users complaining about weak clutch, there is a thread also on the same.
Old 22nd May 2007, 17:09   #102
Team-BHP Support

swift clutch is hydrolic, doesnt have any adjustments.

its normal and i feel you should let the car run in a lil more, so that you also will be more adjusted to driving a turbo diesel engine. if you feel the shudder is too much then report to maruti during first service.

and good going Vishnu
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:37   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshshanmugam View Post
I find that there is a bit of shudder when pressing the accelerator and releasing the clutch in the 1st gear. The shudder is much less if the clutch is released without pressing on the accelerator. Is this normal or does the clutch needs adjustment?
Hi Buddy,

Latest engines including Swift Diesel, Fiesta, etc come with a feature in the ECU which throttles the engine to give you a smooth take off. So you are actually not expected to press the accelerator while releasing the clutch after shifting gears.

To notice this well, try moving the vehicle in a reasonably steep gradient and you would notice the ECU throttling the engine as much to climb the gradient. Another instance you would notice is while moving the vehicle, dont press accelerator, just slowly release the clutch and u ll notice that the rpm goes upto 1500 to move the vehicle and finally settles at 1000 after the vehicle is in motion. I think there shd be a torque converter type setup to measure how much to throttle.

Vishnu
Old 24th May 2007, 11:25   #104
Team-BHP Support

oh this is info though yeah i also had felt this, never had to use throttle to get the car moving and same replicating in Vxi was causing stalling
Old 24th May 2007, 11:53   #105
BHPian

great review Vishnu. I have booked a swift vdi and waiting eagerly for the delivery of the car. Have you upsized your tyres?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks