Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2020, 11:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review

Congratulations Perera for this black beauty,wow!

The car looks absolutely stunning in black shade, with de-chromed front grill it is pure dope. Yes I agree that this car is on the expensive side but it is still worth investing if you have the habit of keeping the car for almost a decade or 1,50,000KM.
kamilharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 11:18   #17

Congratulations to your new acquisition !

I must tell you, the pictures are very well shot ! As if shot by some professional media house. That said, Karoq is a good choice, but I personally feel that it's overpriced.

Drive Safe with the "Czech Mates"!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd August 2020 at 17:26. Reason: Removing non-forum smileys (shows up like this - �). Thanks!
AlphaPetrolhead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 11:19   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
Finalising on the Karoq
A great car & an equally great ownership review. Rated it well deserved 5 stars. Enjoyed reading through it. Quite amazing photography & attention to details I must say. Skoda won't be shy to request you to use your review for their marketing references I think.

What a lovely car. I always drool a bucket on the sharp chiseled straight lines and flat surfaces on them Skodas. This is one of the FEW brands that have consistently managed to keep the next generation of a car BETTER looking than the outgoing one. Most others have made a hash of things over last decade. Respect to Skoda for it.

Wishing you & your loved ones unlimited safe & happy miles with the Karoq. Stay safe.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 11:26   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations. The car looks beautiful, I think the premium over VW is justified when you look at the car in person. Happy to see new ownership threads trickling in finally. Refreshing read!
androdev is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 11:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Great looking car inside out. Congratulations.

i have one gripe though - they seem to have raised the car and those wheel arches seem to feel empty.
reignofchaos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 11:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Looks really great with that paint quality. Black gels with panels, lights etc and gives a higher build quality feel. The interior looks of great quality but the colour could get dirty easily.

The omissions are wireless charging and powered tailgate. The price is just a little on higher side. Personally for me in Bengaluru, for the price I would wish to buy something of Kodiaq size
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 11:40   #22

Congratulations, Mr. Perera! That is one FINE automobile you have got for yourself. Looks spectacular and very premium. Really thrilled for you.

Wow, reading through the review, I am strongly tempted to go get one for myself, too. But unfortunately, my bank balance wouldn't allow me to!

Just love the attention to detail that Skoda has been putting into all their designs. Impressed particularly with the reverse camera washer that is absolutely cool! And there seems to be a part of every European country on the Karoq.

Thank you for sharing your joys with us. And wish you some wonderful miles ahead and many thrilling highway memories on your new beast!
frozen.ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 11:41   #23
BHPian

"Hello Mr.Perera"

Wow!! What an amazing review. Lovely pics

The car looks great in Magic Black. Dechroming around the front grill was indeed a good decision

Congratulations and wish you lots of happy miles ahead.
Ranjith812 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 12:29   #24
BHPian

Congrats brother. Lovely review and really awesome pics too.

I hope you and your family get to enjoy the car for many many miles to come.

Once the whole COVID situation relaxes do let us know how good the car handles long-distance highway hauls.

Do keep the ownership experience posted.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 12:45   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
Introduction
We were quite happy with Malayalam Skoda who is the only Skoda Dealer in Trivandrum.
Mr. Perera - great car, great pictures and great review!

Came across 3 things in common between us through your post - Skoda, Trivandrum and Kollam.

Your car looks like a sexy and premium beast - wish you many kilometers and kilometers with the beauty.

For those who are interested in knowing the history behind the name Mr. Perera - it is associated with a popular villain named Jose Prakash. Here is a small video where he is talking and scolding crocodiles while feeding them like they are his own children:

Last edited by JojyKerala : 25th June 2020 at 12:50.
JojyKerala is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 13:08   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Mr Perera! Being the first in India to get a new car is a special feeling and great that the owner is a TBHPian and we will all get to experience your car through you firsthand. The Karoq is a great car and wish you many years of happy Driving!
(I have also been a long standing Skoda owner - since 2010 , when my Yeti was among the first few in India. Even now, I still own my 2012 Skoda Laura which is a great workhorse and I have not been able to find a worthy replacement till date).
You now have latest gen versions of both those cars - the Octavia and the Karoq (which was the Yeti's successor)!
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 13:13   #27
BHPian

You are absolutely correct in stating that INR 23 Lacs would have been a perfect pricing. But considering you still went with it means that the car convinced you totally. Congrats on your Karoq - looks quirky (in a good way) and stands out from the crowd!

Also, just wanted to know, did you consider the long term spare parts availability for a CBU?
SPB_drives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 13:17   #28

Fantastic review, the Karoq is definitely worth keeping a watch out for. Also, interesting to see Skoda price the Karoq higher than its VW counterpart VW T-Roc after the recent consolidation of VW and Skoda in India under the Skoda brand. In India, unlike other countries Skoda leads the group plans for VW and decides on strategy and models for both brands after the recent consolidation of VW and Skoda under the India 2.0 project. https://www.skoda-auto.com/news/news-detail/india
Delano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 13:22   #29
AZT
BHPian

Your photography skills are great. Fantastic review, wish you many happy miles with this beast
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 13:26   #30
BHPian

Congratulations Looks smashing in black !
Is this the official review ?
The massive panoramic sun roof looks great. If I could nitpick, it would be the roof liner used for the roof. It should have been a little more darker or a more solid material to avoid the heat coming in, otherwise a really solid car. Happy miles.
hareshjethwani is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks