Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2021, 17:26   #151
BHPian

Re: My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 year / 20,000 km upda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangaloreyoda View Post
Took delivery of a Phantom Black GLS Diesel 2WD model from Pavan Hyundai Kanakapura Road three weeks ago,
Congrats! Do also consider changing the tyres. Better tyres like Pirelli or Bridgestone make a very big difference to the car. Recently I did a rainy trip to Chennai and back. I drove slowly and carefully but even so: the Pirelli tyres just gave me very good grip and confidence with almost no hydro planing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
My preference was more towards GLS 2WD AT Diesel. Do 4WD give any distinct advantage in day to day city or highway drives as Tucson is anyway more of a soft-roader?
Yes no point in AWD if you are doing city and highway drives. I have taken my Tucson to a lot of ghat section roads and rainy drives and it works just fine in regular 2WD.

Last edited by QuadraticAmoeba : 24th November 2021 at 17:34. Reason: Added another reply
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 18:22   #152
BHPian

Re: My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 year / 20,000 km upda

Quote:
Congrats for your new one! Would you be able to share some info related to what color you shortlisted and from which dealership in BLR along with expected delivery timelines?
I have chosen Starry Night from Advatih Hyundai Bellandur. I was quoted 2 to 3 weeks of delivery timeline. Expecting it to come by next weekend.

For Tucson one advantage is that since it is considered as a premium car from Hyundai, everything happens at your doorstep, no need to go to dealer.

Quote:
Am in a confused state whether to go for current gen Tucson, new Compass, wait for Tiguan/new Tucson. Meanwhile did a TD of Tucson Diesel automatic 2 days back and was very impressed with the TC gearbox which was so smooth. My preference was more towards GLS 2WD AT Diesel. Do 4WD give any distinct advantage in day to day city or highway drives as Tucson is anyway more of a soft-roader?
I had the similar dilemma,

Current Gen Tucson - Met most of my needs, Ride was good, features were sufficient for me (music system, sunroof, connected car..etc), got a good deal from the dealer (~2 lakh less), 4WD, Not much waiting period, 3 year free service.. All these clinched the deal for me.

Jeep Compass - Back seat was a deal breaker and also at Tucson top end 4WD price i would have got only top end 2WD in Compass. No news on new model. Price are expected to increase in December 2021.

New Tucson - No clarity on the launch date. Will be expensive by few lakhs and will have waiting period.

Tiguan - Launching only next month. Will be expensive. Not as easy to maintain as Hyundai.

I am currently using XUV500 W8 AWD, hence i am biased towards AWD / 4WD. Though i am not a hardcore off roader but having traction on all the wheels gives me confidence when nature is at its worst.
rave20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 19:03   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
Congrats! Do also consider changing the tyres. Better tyres like Pirelli or Bridgestone make a very big difference to the car. Recently I did a rainy trip to Chennai and back. I drove slowly and carefully but even so: the Pirelli tyres just gave me very good grip and confidence with almost no hydro planing.
Thank you! I was very concerned about the tyres after reading all the stories here, and I brought it up with the SA who confidently disagreed. I still don't think the SA knows as much because Pavan Hyundai Kanakapura road has just started selling the Tucson. I drove to Ooty in rainy weather, did not have any issues with the stock Nexons. I am planning to hit 10K and then consider an upgrade. The full PPF was a priority as we got the car out the door. Appreciate all the write-up here, your experience was very helpful in our decision.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th November 2021 at 19:21. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Bangaloreyoda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 10:11   #154
BHPian

Finally the car is getting registered today and i am expecting the delivery on Thursday.

It is going straight to Ceramic & PPF treatment from there.

Can't wait for Thursday.. Days are so long.
Old 14th December 2021, 10:45   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave20 View Post
Finally the car is getting registered today and i am expecting the delivery on Thursday.

It is going straight to Ceramic & PPF treatment from there.
Congratulations . Looking forward to your ownership review. Can you share details about where you plan to get ceramic and PPF coating done and what is approximate quotation? Are you planning to have PPF only on certain sections or entire body?
Old 14th December 2021, 11:37   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Congratulations . Looking forward to your ownership review. Can you share details about where you plan to get ceramic and PPF coating done and what is approximate quotation? Are you planning to have PPF only on certain sections or entire body?
I am looking at full body ceramic coating with PPF on certain area's only. Getting quotes from multiple vendors. Below is a quote what i got from "Esperto Car Care - Head Office(BTM)". Read good reviews about the place and its close to my home.

Name: Esperto Car Care - Head Office(BTM)
Services being looked at
  1. Ceramic coating/ platinum package
  2. PPF (Door edges, Side Mirrors, Bumper edges, Door handle & inside)
  3. Sun film

Total ~60,000/-

I am also getting a quote from Krithi. Let's see how it goes.
Old 14th December 2021, 16:27   #157
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking at full body ceramic coating with PPF on certain area's only. Getting quotes from multiple vendors. Below is a quote what i got from "Esperto Car Care - Head Office(BTM)". Read good reviews about the place and its close to my home.

Name: Esperto Car Care - Head Office(BTM)
Services being looked at
  1. Ceramic coating/ platinum package
  2. PPF (Door edges, Side Mirrors, Bumper edges, Door handle & inside)
  3. Sun film

Total ~60,000/-

I am also getting a quote from Krithi. Let's see how it goes.
All inclusive for 60 grand? That's low, to be very honest. Tints alone if going for a very good brand would cost you a pretty buck (~ 30k for the entire glasses). Similarly for PPF, for whatever bodyparts you've mentioned, the pricing would be 25-30k easy. Ceramic coating if going for a reputed brand would cost similar. Please do not compromise on the quality. Price may seem lucrative but I've seen friends in my close circle fall for such products. Do it right or don't do it at all.

Also, take a quote from Krithi Car Care to get an idea for the exact same particulars and compare end finishes before taking a call.
Old 14th December 2021, 16:59   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
All inclusive for 60 grand? That's low, to be very honest. Tints alone if going for a very good brand would cost you a pretty buck (~ 30k for the entire glasses). Similarly for PPF, for whatever bodyparts you've mentioned, the pricing would be 25-30k easy. Ceramic coating if going for a reputed brand would cost similar. Please do not compromise on the quality. Price may seem lucrative but I've seen friends in my close circle fall for such products. Do it right or don't do it at all.

Also, take a quote from Krithi Car Care to get an idea for the exact same particulars and compare end finishes before taking a call.
- RayCool was recommended for the tints (CR70). This is ~20K
- PPF is only on the edges of the door (where it usually touches the wall), inside of door handles, 2 rear view mirrors & edges of bumper.. ~ 5-6K
- Ceramic coating for the whole car is ~45K

I negotiated all of these together for around ~60K..

Waiting for quotes from Krithi.. Lets see..
rave20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 20:50   #159
BHPian

I got almost same quote from Krithi for the services. Just about couple of thousands difference..

Only concern is Krithi is almost 25Km's from my place and Esperto Car Care - Head Office(BTM) is like 2km from my place...

I am confused now what to do and where to go!!
Old 14th December 2021, 20:54   #160
BHPian

Observed this interesting fuel economy on my Tucson. This was all the way downhill (Yercaud down to the plains). Not sure how accurate the readings will be
Attached Thumbnails
My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update-pxl_20211212_104708779.jpg  

thalavoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 10:39   #161
BHPian

I too have booked Tucson AWD in Dehradun. Hope to get it in the next week or so

Wanted an AWD since would be driving in Himalayas a lot, so AWD would come handy.

Only other car I test drove was the Compass. Rejected it as it felt too small compared to Tucson. Also, the diesel somehow didn't feel as refined.

Questions to the Tucson owners:

- Did you buy extended warranty on top of the standard warranty? How much did it cost? 5 year warranty is only up to 50,000 km. Hence I will most likely opt for additional warranty on top to make it 100,000 km at least.

- Did you go for Hyundai Shield of Trust? I am considering 4 year/ 60,000 km one which comes to Rs. 63,000. Is it reasonable? Am not considering 5 year/ 60,000 km one as I expect the car to be driven 60,000 km within 4 years or earlier.

- Regarding insurance, does it make sense to opt for Engine & Gearbox protection cover and Return to Invoice cover?

- I am considering going for Pirelli Scorpion Verde tyres. How much value can one get for the stock Nexen tyres?

Thanks in advance for your help.
desidino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 12:21   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desidino View Post
I too have booked Tucson AWD in Dehradun. Hope to get it in the next week or so

Wanted an AWD since would be driving in Himalayas a lot, so AWD would come handy.

Only other car I test drove was the Compass. Rejected it as it felt too small compared to Tucson. Also, the diesel somehow didn't feel as refined.

Questions to the Tucson owners:

- Did you buy extended warranty on top of the standard warranty? How much did it cost? 5 year warranty is only up to 50,000 km. Hence I will most likely opt for additional warranty on top to make it 100,000 km at least.

- Did you go for Hyundai Shield of Trust? I am considering 4 year/ 60,000 km one which comes to Rs. 63,000. Is it reasonable? Am not considering 5 year/ 60,000 km one as I expect the car to be driven 60,000 km within 4 years or earlier.

- Regarding insurance, does it make sense to opt for Engine & Gearbox protection cover and Return to Invoice cover?

- I am considering going for Pirelli Scorpion Verde tyres. How much value can one get for the stock Nexen tyres?

Thanks in advance for your help.
My vehicle is getting delivered today. I will be able to answer some of these questions next week..

On the extended warranty, i didn't take it for now. I am going with standard 3 year warranty for now and before end of 3rd year i plan to take the additional 2 year warranty

On the Pirelli, there are couple of owners who have gone for it. Their feedback has been good.. I would stick to the stock for couple of thousand km's before taking the call.
rave20 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 12:39   #163
BHPian

Quote:
On the Pirelli, there are couple of owners who have gone for it. Their feedback has been good.. I would stick to the stock for couple of thousand km's before taking the call.
The resale value of those tyres will drop drastically. I recommend changing them right away to get a very good buy back value or use them through their life. I did that for my Honda City and got great buy back value. Please check with few tyre shops on the same before taking final call.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 16:32   #164
BHPian

Quote:

On the extended warranty, i didn't take it for now. I am going with standard 3 year warranty for now and before end of 3rd year i plan to take the additional 2 year warranty
Do note that you will have to pay higher for extended warranty if you don't buy it at the time of car purchase or within a couple of months of it.
Old 17th December 2021, 06:21   #165
BHPian

Quote:
I got almost same quote from Krithi for the services. Just about couple of thousands difference..

Only concern is Krithi is almost 25Km's from my place and Esperto Car Care - Head Office(BTM) is like 2km from my place...

I am confused now what to do and where to go!!
I got my car down to Bangalore all the way from Hyderabad to get the job done at Krithi :

On a serious note, workmanship is really good. They acknowledge honest feedback and sort out issues if any.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th December 2021 at 17:44. Reason: Abbreviation
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks