Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2021, 16:53   #76

re: My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by vimalkumarajith View Post
Great review! I have booked Tucson GLS Diesel Black too . Awaiting delivery in couple of weeks.
Hyundai has increased the price of Tucson by 30K from 23rd Jan. Apparently the also effected the new price on back orders like mine which was placed beginning January. This does not seem to be a fair practice. Looks like they deliberately delayed billing of my car until the 23rd to charge increased price. Cancelled the booking. Have to look for another car
vimalkumarajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 17:06   #77
Senior - BHPian

re: My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update

Quote:
Hyundai has increased the price of Tucson by 30K from 23rd Jan. Apparently the also effected the new price on back orders like mine which was placed beginning January. This does not seem to be a fair practice. Looks like they deliberately delayed billing of my car until the 23rd to charge increased price. Cancelled the booking. Have to look for another car
Vimal brother, you were ready to spend ~30 lacs when you booked this superb vehicle and cancelled the booking for a 30k increase, does not make sense to me at all.

Please check the fine print, normally it’s always price prevalent at the time of delivery. It’s the case with all manufacturers, unless you have a price guarantee in writing from the dealer during booking, which seems unlikely.

Of course it goes without saying, your money, your choice.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 17:36   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Vimal brother, you were ready to spend ~30 lacs when you booked this superb vehicle and cancelled the booking for a 30k increase, does not make sense to me at all.
Hello Cyborg, I agree with you. But it's not about additional 30K. My concern is about overall buying experience and the way of doing business. I was promised billing multiple times before the price increase. Eventually delayed so much and billed very next day after price increase. In the process, the fun and excitement of buying this amazing car is killed.
Old 28th January 2021, 18:17   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Cyborg, I agree with you. But it's not about additional 30K. My concern is about overall buying experience and the way of doing business. I was promised billing multiple times before the price increase. Eventually delayed so much and billed very next day after price increase. In the process, the fun and excitement of buying this amazing car is killed.
Even if the dealer would have billed you at the pre-increase price you would still have had to pay the difference on delivery like I mentioned earlier.

I still feel you are nitpicking and letting go of a super car because of inconsequential things. Don’t let this get in the way of a car purchase, it’s not like you have to invite the dealer for lunch or dinner post your purchase

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 08:56   #80
BHPian

Is anyone seeing some fogging in the headlamps of the Tucson?? There's been a recent dip in temperatures in Mumbai and the service advisor says it's normal for this to happen... But I'm not too convinced. It's a very mild layer and goes off after some time. Not seen during the daytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
Congrats and wishing you many kilometres of happy driving.

I am actually quite happy with the OE Nexen tyres, and am not planning to replace them for now. The Tucson anyway has very good NVH and you cannot hear much road noise. The Nexen are also soft-road tyres and are very comfortable on highways and even on the city roads in Bangalore.

Looking forward to your ownership review and your experience with other tyres.

Two reasons:

- If I get it done myself, I can observe / supervise the process completely. This way, I am assured that a good job is done on the car, good components are used and so on.

- If I find a good FNG, I can go to them for other things when the service centre is not able to solve issues, or when the warranty period is over.
Attached Thumbnails
My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update-20210129_232244.jpg  

My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update-20210129_232217.jpg  

Old 30th January 2021, 10:16   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag408 View Post
Is anyone seeing some fogging in the headlamps of the Tucson?? There's been a recent dip in temperatures in Mumbai and the service advisor says it's normal for this to happen... But I'm not too convinced. It's a very mild layer and goes off after some time. Not seen during the daytime
I think this is mentioned in the owner's manual too regarding mild condensation happening due to change in temperatures.

Can you check the dust caps present if they are seated correctly or not?
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 10:19   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vimal, sorry to hear about your bad experience. Did you try negotiating with the dealer for some discount? Sometimes, if you ask them nicely, they can give you a small discount (esp. if you take insurance from them). I managed to get a 30k discount myself as a goodwill gesture from Trident Hyundai. I did not bargain hard (I'm not good at these things) but just asked politely.

Cyborg has expressed my thoughts very well - I suggest that a small issue like this should not come in the way of your owning a very nice car.

Quote:
I did not observe this. On the one hand, Bangalore does not get that cold and on the other hand, I haven't paid attention to this point (I normally just jump in the car and start driving).

Based on what I have read, this is very normal and will go away by itself.

Last edited by QuadraticAmoeba : 30th January 2021 at 10:23. Reason: Added another reply
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 12:33   #83
BHPian

Thanks. The service folks also mentioned something about dust caps. Will get this checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I think this is mentioned in the owner's manual too regarding mild condensation happening due to change in temperatures.

Can you check the dust caps present if they are seated correctly or not?
Sir. You're saying Bangalore doesn't get cold? I'm in Mumbai. We don't have a winter season here!!

Quote:
Hi Vimal, sorry to hear about your bad experience. Did you try negotiating with the dealer for some discount? Sometimes, if you ask them nicely, they can give you a small discount (esp. if you take insurance from them). I managed to get a 30k discount myself as a goodwill gesture from Trident Hyundai. I did not bargain hard (I'm not good at these things) but just asked politely.

Cyborg has expressed my thoughts very well - I suggest that a small issue like this should not come in the way of your owning a very nice car.

I did not observe this. On the one hand, Bangalore does not get that cold and on the other hand, I haven't paid attention to this point (I normally just jump in the car and start driving).

Based on what I have read, this is very normal and will go away by itself.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th January 2021 at 19:18. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 30th January 2021, 15:28   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Sir. You're saying Bangalore doesn't get cold? I'm in Mumbai. We don't have a winter season here!!
Haha, this made me laugh out loud. I guess I'm too used to Bangalore. Do write up a review on your purchase and ownership experience of the Tucson. Even a short one will help folks looking for options in this segment.

On a more car-related note, 5000 km up and thoroughly enjoying the car.
My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update-5000km_done.jpeg

Took a "breakfast" drive on Republic Day with my Dad to Paakashala @ Yediyur. Since it was early in the morning, there was no traffic, especially once we took the turn at Nelamangala. On the way there, I wanted to try out the Italian tune-up that I read about somewhere in T-BHP. Set the car to manual mode, lowered the gear and let her rip - trying to hit 4000 rpm. Found out that I have become old and neither enjoy driving fast nor like the engine noise at high RPM, so stopped after a short while. The car does have great pickup in a mode like that, though.

Enjoyed the set dosa and crispy vadas (decided to risk sitting inside since it was not crowded). The food brought a feeling of peace and so, on a bright sunny day, lowered the windows and opened the sunroof and drove slowly for a while with pretty much zero traffic. It was a different kind of fun and I enjoyed it more.

After the engine oil change (to Mobil1 ESP), I do notice a couple of changes:

- the engine has gotten louder, esp. when idle or at low speeds. Previously you could not hear the engine at signals, now you can.

- the car feels smoother and somehow a little more powerful. I am not sure if this is just my perception though.

Next time, I will look for a different brand than Mobil1 ESP.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th January 2021 at 19:18. Reason: Quoted text edited
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 19:58   #85

Quote:
Hi QuadraticAmoeba, it was impulsive to cancel the booking. I put that behind and still going ahead with the purchase. Doing PDI tomorrow, guess the car will be delivered next week.

Cheers
vimalkumarajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 20:34   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Hi QuadraticAmoeba, it was impulsive to cancel the booking. I put that behind and still going ahead with the purchase. Doing PDI tomorrow, guess the car will be delivered next week.
Congratulations! What variant and model did you decide on? Do keep us posted with your experience.
Old 31st January 2021, 09:26   #87
BHPian

I agree. In fact my dealer mentioned the expected increase in Jan 2021 when I booked the car in December. I was fine with buying a 2020 model since I got a real good deal of 1.2 lakhs off! But an increase of 30k looks very small for such a great vehicle. Go for it, It's fully worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Even if the dealer would have billed you at the pre-increase price you would still have had to pay the difference on delivery like I mentioned earlier.

I still feel you are nitpicking and letting go of a super car because of inconsequential things. Don’t let this get in the way of a car purchase, it’s not like you have to invite the dealer for lunch or dinner post your purchase

Cheers
Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 31st January 2021 at 09:51. Reason: Please do not type using excessive dots....like.....this....see note inside post.
ag408 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 16:17   #88

Quote:
Congratulations! What variant and model did you decide on? Do keep us posted with your experience.
Thanks! GLS Diesel 2WD Black
BTW. Can you share the details of your PPF and Ceramic coating? Where did you get it done? and cost if you don't mind sharing.

Cheers
Old 31st January 2021, 17:01   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! GLS Diesel 2WD Black
BTW. Can you share the details of your PPF and Ceramic coating? Where did you get it done? and cost if you don't mind sharing.
Cheers
Oh wow, same configuration and colour as our Tucson. For PPF details, please see this thread.

I am not sure if it is ok to put the cost directly. If you enable email, I can send the same via email to you (since you cannot receive PM yet).
Old 1st February 2021, 18:52   #90
BHPian

OK, so here's an update from the Hyundai service center after I had written to Hyundai India directly on the fogging /condensation issue. Response is attached as an image.

Quote:
Attached Thumbnails
My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update-screenshot_20210201184946_gmail.jpg  

ag408 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks