Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2022, 20:12   #196

Re: My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 year / 20,000 km upda

Quote:
Originally Posted by umairalvi View Post

Also, any chance you have got the wiper blades replaced? They look similar to the ones that come fitted to the Euro spec Tucson.
Sharing a small tip with you, that I too learnt during one of the servicing visits of my 2019 Tucson; there was a need of replacing the wiper blades and as expected the Hyundai service center Road didn't have it in stock. The technician suggested to replace it by the regular CRETA Wipers and trust me, it is 100% the same without any noticeable difference at all in terms of performance or usage. That day I realized that a few parts may be easily shareable between CRETA and our giant machine without any issues at all!
g_sanjib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 21:55   #197
BHPian

Re: My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 year / 20,000 km upda

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_sanjib View Post
The technician suggested to replace it by the regular CRETA Wipers and trust me, it is 100% the same without any noticeable difference at all in terms of performance or usage.
I was very excited to see this because I have been looking for the rear wiper for a long time. Unfortunately, I found that the Tucson rear wiper is bigger than the Creta one. My search for the rear wiper continues ...
Old 24th September 2022, 21:26   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
I was very excited to see this because I have been looking for the rear wiper for a long time. Unfortunately, I found that the Tucson rear wiper is bigger than the Creta one. My search for the rear wiper continues ...
Hello QuadraticAmoeba, hope you are enjoying your machine.
I wanted share with you and other Tucson owners that today I got my Tucson rear wiper changed. It took an waiting period of about 3 weeks after I placed the order with the dealership. Yes, you are right the Creta rear wiper is a bit smaller (approx. 1 inch) than the original Tucson rear wiper, however I have now decided to have the Creta parts fitted into my car as the long waiting periods are really not worth and the difference in Creta parts are hardly noticeable. Btw, my front wipers are also Creta wipers and are doing its job fantastically, no complaints on the fitment or performance whatsoever.
g_sanjib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 07:38   #199
BHPian

Re: My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update

I bought Bosch wipers on Amazon and fitted them myself onto my Tucson.

Had to lookup teh exact size in the owners manual before ordering - 26 inch and 16 inch.

The wipers are a perfect fit, and I am very happy with their performance.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B06...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
argho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 10:17   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Tucson spare are imported from Korea and hence are expensive. When I changed the front wiper set, it set me back by 3.5k for a pair. I cannot tell if they are worth as I do not have experience with the ones from Creta. I generally order from Boodmo and change it myself.

For the rear wiper, I tried something else. If you look closely at the parts catalog in Boodmo, rear wiper can be ordered as a complete set (9885RR) which is Rs.1146 or just the rubber blade (98133) can be ordered which is Rs.346. In order to experiment I just ordered the rubber blade which is what generally goes bad.

My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update-tucson_boodmo.jpg

Boodmo took its sweet time but in the end delivered it. This is also from Korea. One could just pull out the old rubber blade from the assembly and replace it with the new blade, no more streaks now and it works perfectly. I may try the same for the front during the next replacement and it works out much cheaper.
Meph1st0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 17:05   #201

Re: My black Hyundai Tucson 2020 GLS Diesel AT: an initial ownership experience

Quote:
- Dashcam: I am thinking about a 70mai pro camera here.
Looks stunning in black (I'm a fellow black Tucson owner ).

Wanted to ask you if you installed a dash-cam? A friend of mine recently had an incident where a dashcam would've helped and that has prompted me to get one installed. Hard-wiring seems like it'll void my warranty and the only option seems to be one with wires slightly dangling.

I did come across this but don't know anyone who's used it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks