Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2021, 22:35   #106

re: My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update

Dear sir,
I am extremely grateful to you for your review, it went a long way in my choosing a Tucson as my ride.

I however, have a query, that is, I have a Michelin tire inflator (a carry forward from my creta sx (o) diesel 2016) and whenever I inflate my tyres with it, the TPMS displays pressure at least two - four points In excess.

Now I understand that the TPMS comes into play once the vehicle has driven 500-1000 m but then in that period will the pressure displayed vary by that much? What is your experience?
Ps :- this is my first post on the forum, thanks to the moderators for accepting my candidature.

MOD NOTE : Please do not type with ............ dots. Use proper punctuation marks wherever required. Please proof read your post before submitting it.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th May 2021 at 08:12. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 9th May 2021, 08:53   #107
BHPian

re: My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
I however, have a query, that is, I have a Michelin tire inflator (a carry forward from my creta sx (o) diesel 2016) and whenever I inflate my tyres with it, the TPMS displays pressure at least two - four points In excess.

Now I understand that the TPMS comes into play once the vehicle has driven 500-1000 m but then in that period will the pressure displayed vary by that much? What is your experience?
Hi Sierra, welcome to Team BHP. Congratulations on buying a Tucson and wish you a wonderful ownership experience.

Regarding the TPMS, here are some points that may help you:

- the recommended value (it is 33 for me) refers to cold tyre pressure - for e.g. vehicle has been at rest in a cool place, perhaps overnight.

- it is enough to be approximately correct, exact numbers are not necessary.

- I typically set the TPMS machine (I have a TUSA one) to 34 and then fill up the air in all 4 tyres. The machine will auto-cutoff at 34 but you will lose some air when removing the valve, which more or less brings the pressure to 33.

- when I drive, the pressure will initially show 33-34. As I drive longer, esp. in a summer day, the pressure goes higher and higher and I have seen 37 also after a long 200km drive in a hot day. This is perfectly normal and there is nothing to be worried about.

In short: as long as you stick to the approximate cold tyre pressure, your tyres will be fine. Hope this helps.
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 17:56   #108
BHPian

Finally got delivery of the car after several weeks of lockdown, it is brilliant to drive and cruise in the city, yet to take her in the highways.

Thanks a lot @QuadraticAmoeba for your detailed review and comments, helped a lot in the buying decision.

Here is a pic sharing the garage with the Etios (another peppy petrol engine).

My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update-tucsonetios.jpeg
monish_m is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 18:59   #109
BHPian

Hi all, checking in with an update after a really long time. I have
been meaning to write this for a while, just got busy with work and driving.

Let me split this into two parts: car updates and drive updates. Car updates first.

1. Second service

Got this done at about 10500km or so. It was delayed due to lockdowns.
Took the car in the morning and got it back by noon. I got the usual
servicing done, I had some office calls going on and didn't even check
on what was done. Some notes:

- had instructed them not to do any kind of cleaning or polishing
(since I have PPF on the car) and thankfully they left my car alone.

- told them to replace the AC filter at my own cost : this was done,
costing me about INR 500 or so.

- asked them to check the brakes, we found some slight juddering during
our previous long drive. They cleaned the brakes and so far, it seems ok.

- asked them to look into a random vibration on the driver side door.
This was very hard to pin down - it comes and goes very randomly. It
seems to be some resonance and has a bigger probability of showing up on
bad roads. The car is otherwise very quiet and so any small vibration
becomes noticable (at least to me). They took a drive in the car but
could not find the issue. I am still living with this one.

Overall, the service was done quickly and without any issues. The only
cost was for the AC filter, which I paid. No extraneous or unexpected
charges.

The service advisor opened the bonnet and showed me lots of rat tracks.
This was new, my previous car never had these issues. I took the car to
my FNG, got a good water wash done and got them to spray some rat
repellent. Hopefully it works.

After the service and a wash:
My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update-service_and_wash.jpg

Water beading during the wash:
My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update-water_beading.jpg

2. ABS sensor wire fix

One day, early in the morning, on our breakfast drive - the car started
up with many yellow lights in the dashboard. We understood that ABS had
been disabled. We cut our drive short and drove quite slowly and carefully.

ABS warnings:
My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update-abs_warnings.jpg

Later, we took the car to our FNG, who diagnosed it as a rat bite on the
cable connecting to a wheel. A little scary, since we had sprayed rat
repellent some time back. The issue was fixed with some elegant wire
soldering and the car was in business once more.

I need to do this rat spray regularly from now on, it seems.

ABS wire cut:
My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update-abs_wire_cut.jpg

3. Intermittent Apple CarPlay connection issues.

This happens much more with my wife's phone than with mine, making her
rather upset as she likes to be the DJ on our drives. The issue was
especially bad on one of our trips where it would disconnect on every
small bump or vibration.

Later, I looked this up online and in most cases, dust seems to be the
culprit. Took out the cable and cleaned it, blew into the USB socket as
well as the phone port and put it back in. It seems to be much better
now. A low-tech solution to the problem.

4. Tucson recall

I have already posted about this in another thread. Went to the service
centre and got the fuse replaced and the ECU updated. All done in about
30 minutes.

Fuse replacement:
My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update-fuse-update.jpg

ECU update:
My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update-ecu-update.jpg

That's all for the car updates.
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 19:08   #110
BHPian

Quote:
4. Tucson recall

I have already posted about this in another thread. Went to the service
centre and got the fuse replaced and the ECU updated. All done in about
30 minutes.

That's all for the car updates.
Could you please elaborate about the recall ? Why have you got the fuse replaced ? Is there anything to worry about ? My Tucson just completed 25k kms in 7 months and there hasn't been any fuse replacement in last three services.

Thanks
LONG_TOURER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 19:18   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONG_TOURER View Post
Could you please elaborate about the recall ? Why have you got the fuse replaced ? Is there anything to worry about ? My Tucson just completed 25k kms in 7 months and there hasn't been any fuse replacement in last three services.
Hi Longtourer, please see the below thread. You may want to contact your service centre.

Team BHP thread (Hyundai Tucson Recall for Hydraulic & Electronic Control Unit (HECU))

BTW, 25k km? Wow, looks like you are really enjoying your car. Please do post some pics and details of your travels.
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 19:44   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
Hi Longtourer, please see the below thread. You may want to contact your service centre.

Team BHP thread (Hyundai Tucson Recall for Hydraulic & Electronic Control Unit (HECU))

BTW, 25k km? Wow, looks like you are really enjoying your car. Please do post some pics and details of your travels.

Thank you QuadraticAmoeba for your quick response, i shall check this with my service advisor tomorrow. Anyway, i am enjoying my Tucson, the last 25k kms was fuss free expect for one issue which i will be sharing shortly.

Regards
Old 5th September 2021, 03:19   #113
BHPian

Hey quadratic Amoeba, How is the PPF on your car holding up? Are you still happy with it? Any issues that we need to worry about?

Your reviews helped me a lot and i am on my way to book a black Tucson this week. Keeping a black car neat and shiny scares me though.
Old 5th September 2021, 21:46   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP_1812 View Post
Hey quadratic Amoeba, How is the PPF on your car holding up? Are you still happy with it? Any issues that we need to worry about?.
Hello AP_1812, the PPF is holding up superbly.

So far I have had a couple of small scratches on it and the plastic took the hit. One of them, I scraped a pillar while turning. After a couple of days, the self healing kicked in and now it is gone. Another time, my mirror got hit by a goods auto. The PPF took the hit again.

Washing the car is so easy. I ask my guy to just dust it and only use water wash once in a month. Still, he doesn’t like to see the car dirty and ends up washing it twice a month. Without PPF, I’m sure that the paint would be full of swirls.

Finally, with the work from home situation, I mostly take the car on highway drives during the weekends. I’m happy to say that there is no paint chipping due to the tiny stones. The PPF takes care of all that.

In summary, it was well worth the cost to get full PPF done. KCC did a great job as usual.
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 11:53   #115
BHPian

Had my first long drive, turned out to be a wet drive but loved every bit of it.

Drove from Bangalore to Vailankanni and back.

Covered 1100 kms over 2 days - to and fro was about 550 kms. Enjoyed the engine, suspension & the comfort. Good fuel capacity and mileage as well...
monish_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 18:32   #116

How is the mileage on the Tucson Diesel Automatic? We are looking at potential replacements for our S-Cross 1.6 Diesel, which gives us approximately 18-20 kmpl on the highway (17 if we drive with a lead foot). The Tucson stands out as a decent VFM option (with that tempting 8 speed gearbox).
Old 17th October 2021, 05:39   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zv777 View Post
How is the mileage on the Tucson Diesel Automatic? .
Hello,

Last two long drives averaged around 13 kms / liter with some very spirited driving.

Did another long drive this week and achieved 14.5 kms / liter with 90% sedate driving and 10% spirited driving.

I have read few folks have achieved 16 as well.

So seems a good deal.
Old 17th October 2021, 09:52   #118
BHPian

Quote:
How is the mileage on the Tucson Diesel Automatic?.
It very much depends on your driving style. My long term average over 18k km is 14. If I drive very sedately, I can hit 18 or even 20.

I tend to push the car and not concentrate on mileage though, this car is too good not to push.
Old 17th October 2021, 12:02   #119
DVK
BHPian

Quote:
How is the mileage on the Tucson Diesel Automatic? We are looking at potential replacements for our S-Cross 1.6 Diesel, which gives us approximately 18-20 kmpl on the highway (17 if we drive with a lead foot). The Tucson stands out as a decent VFM option (with that tempting 8 speed gearbox).
Hey! I am in the same boat as you I guess. We have a S-Cross 1.3D which is turning out to be very hard to upgrade from. Out of all the cars in the market out there today, none of them really seem worth it. Except maybe Tucson. I doubt if it would be able to match the city mileage that we can extract though the Suzuki. Not sure if the new generation Tucson will be any different. I however expect the comfort levels to be better or similar with this crossover. Do update on how your search goes for a replacement.
Old 17th October 2021, 13:01   #120
BHPian

Took a test drive last week diesel top end A/T, requested the car to be brought home for the test drive and they obliged, drive lasted for around 30min and at no point I was rushed to end the test drive.

Now, I own a 3rd gen Honda City A/T, clocked 142000KM and has been completely stress and trouble free, still drives beautifully.The only thing I notice is suspension has become weak and needs some part replacement.

First thing I noticed was , inspite of Diesel engine, it was very quiet and refined. Mid range it accelerates fast and in no time will hit 3 digit figure speed.

I do not want to repeat what other members have said, but the one thing which really worried me was , the brakes. I just didn’t get the confidence and feedback when I braked even at 80km speed, it’s very spongy and need breaking much earlier to avoid surprises. Note, am not a fast driver, rather a cruiser for the lack of proper word, but the braking is eating my head !, rest all I can live with ( no virtual cockpit, ventilated seats, ambient light etc ) , engine is mated very well to the gearbox , can munch miles effortlessly.

Long term keepers of Tucson, please share your views on braking please ? I know we will get used to it the more we drive, but still would like to know feedback.

Will take a TD of Jeep Compass as well and see how it feels.

Last edited by redballons : 17th October 2021 at 13:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks