Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2023, 17:37   #226
BHPian

Re: 50,000 KM Update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

Service & Support

++ Brilliant support service from M&M - I have worked with Mr. Senthil, Mr. Vinay, Mr. Sihabudden, Mr, Ronald and Mr. Prasanna at various times, and they have always been helpful and supportive

++ I'll swear by CAI Mahindra's service team any day. Mr, Dileep and team have been maintaining my vehicle from Day 1, and the team takes pride in ensuring that the work is done right

++ I also experience extensive repairs with Automotive Mahindra in Hyderabad. Mr. Lakshman and team there did a great job in attending to the repairs

I'll review how my mods have held up over the miles next...
Excellent observations and points. A great read! I am a fellow Thar CT D-AT owner from Hyderabad and I am an avid reader of your wonderful Thar journey.

I recently read in your post that you have good contacts in Mahindra Service Centres. I have been getting my Thar serviced and looked after at VVC Mahindra and I am extremely dissatisfied with them.

Our Thars are very temperamental by design and mine, generally likes to go one step ahead. Amongst many issues, its' axle-related issues have been troubling me for almost a year now.

The Front axles make a loud squeaking noise over any road imperfections and speed breakers and this becomes very annoying and alarming. I have tried to get it sorted at the service center but all in vain.

It would be great if you can help me connect with teh contacts of yours in A.S.S so that I can get the exorcism done on my Thar and get rid of the noisy axle demons. Also, can you also share which one of the service centers of Automotive Mahinda you visit?
AMG1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 02:00   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
..Regarding Android Auto only OE cables work. I broke my OE data cable ( which came with the phone). Other branded cables never worked till I bought an OE cable...
Good to know the AVO worked our great!

I have tried a few dozen OE cable + phone combinations. The best I got was with a non-OE braided cable (6"), when AA stayed connected for 4.5 hours. Else there will be a disconnect around 1.5 to 2 hours invariable

This, and the lack of a security system are my only issues with an otherwise brilliant vehicle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
I recently read in your post that you have good contacts in Mahindra Service Centres. I have been getting my Thar serviced and looked after at VVC Mahindra and I am extremely dissatisfied with them.

Our Thars are very temperamental by design and mine, generally likes to go one step ahead. Amongst many issues, its' axle-related issues have been troubling me for almost a year now.

The Front axles make a loud squeaking noise over any road imperfections and speed breakers and this becomes very annoying and alarming. I have tried to get it sorted at the service center but all in vain.

It would be great if you can help me connect with teh contacts of yours in A.S.S so that I can get the exorcism done on my Thar and get rid of the noisy axle demons. Also, can you also share which one of the service centers of Automotive Mahinda you visit?
We spoke over PM - did you get a chance to take it to Automotive Mahindra?
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 11:47   #228
BHPian

Quote:
We spoke over PM - did you get a chance to take it to Automotive Mahindra?
Hi, Thank You for checking up. Yes, the upcoming weekend is my scheduled check for the same. Hope this axle noise issue gets sorted out. If all this wasn't enough, two new issues came up in the past 15 days- My left power window started malfunctioning and the window won't roll up, another was that my left headlight bulb gave away and stopped working for the 2nd time in less than 3 months (that too in a 13-month-old car!). Got the bulb replaced from A.S.S and had to shell out 480 Rs each time as the bulb isn't covered in the warranty.

Speaks volumes about the shoddy quality of Mahindra cars. In less than 13 months my Thar has seen- Disc brake screeching noise issue, Front axle squeaking issue, 2 fused headlight bulbs, left power window malfunction ! all the tantrums notwithstanding, I love it a lot for all its experience of joy and abilities! Its good that due to knowledge from our forum, I was prepared for these tantrums in Mahindra cars but yea, the unsuspecting buyer will find ownership quite challenging due to the overall reliability of electronics and some mechanicals.
Old 11th July 2023, 14:29   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
...another was that my left headlight bulb gave away and stopped working for the 2nd time in less than 3 months (that too in a 13-month-old car!). Got the bulb replaced from A.S.S and had to shell out 480 Rs each time as the bulb isn't covered in the warranty.
One of the first things I did was to change the stock lights to Osram Night Breaker Laser - which have much better illumination than the stock bulbs. So am not really sure if the stock bulbs are prone to going kaput so often, but it does sound like an issue coz bulbs should die so often!

Make a list of all these in the work order, let them check. Will be useful in the future...
Old 4th January 2024, 18:49   #230
BHPian

Re: Taste of Freedom | My Mahindra Thar LX Diesel AT | 50,000 km Update (Page 15)

Hi ph03n!x, sorry to read about your accident but happy that your dashcam saved you from all the hassles.

Wanted to take a feedback about the Redtiger T27 mirror dashcam.

* How is the glare/reflection on a bright sunny day and during night time especially from the rear? Can you share a photo of the view from the driver seat?

* Does the 2.5K rear camera make a difference compared to 1080p? Is it ok to fix it inside the rear window?

* I was also considering the Wolfbox 840H (which has only 1080p rear) since it has Wifi connectivity.

Any reason why you opted for the mirror dashcam over other normal dashcams?

Thanks!
Kelly66 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 19:27   #231
Senior - BHPian

Re: Taste of Freedom | My Mahindra Thar LX Diesel AT | 50,000 km Update (Page 15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly66 View Post
Hi ph03n!x, sorry to read about your accident but happy that your dashcam saved you from all the hassles.

Wanted to take a feedback about the Redtiger T27 mirror dashcam.

* How is the glare/reflection on a bright sunny day and during night time especially from the rear? Can you share a photo of the view from the driver seat?

* Does the 2.5K rear camera make a difference compared to 1080p? Is it ok to fix it inside the rear window?

* I was also considering the Wolfbox 840H (which has only 1080p rear) since it has Wifi connectivity.

Any reason why you opted for the mirror dashcam over other normal dashcams?

Thanks!
Hi Kelly66, I position the dashcam such that it's slightly tilted towards me, with the cabin light just visible (if it's on) at the bottom edge's approx. mid. As this is a mirror-y LCD screen, high-beam from vehicles behind me will reflect on to my eyes (like any IRVM) if I position it traditionally, and the screen becomes barely visible. Let me share a photo shortly.

The T27 is a 4K (front) + 2.5k (Rear) cam. The quality is definitely better than 1080p rear, and things are more 'visible' with a clean lens.

For the Thar, I don't know if it can be fitted in the internal glass (considering its a vertical windshield).

WiFi + app connectivity is one BIG negative for this camera, I carry an additional SDCard with me to swap out in case of an incident (or even something interesting like off road stuff). The other negative is that it does not lower the rear camera feed like the 70mai used to, just shows the guidelines overlay - I have set it to a lower view manually such that I can see both the test traffic as well as have a meaningful reversing view

I preferred the mirror dashcam coz I wouldn't need the rear view camera accessory. If you already have a year view camera that displays the view in the infotainment, please get a normal dashcam - just make sure they are compatible with the verticalish windscreens the Thar has, some of them are not...
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 19:54   #232
BHPian

Quote:
The other negative is that it does not lower the rear camera feed like the 70mai used to, just shows the guidelines overlay - I have set it to a lower view manually such that I can see both the test traffic as well as have a meaningful reversing view
Thanks for the quick reply. See linked video:

At around 8 min mark he shows how the rear camera zooms in when you put it on reverse gear. Maybe some setting adjustment is needed.
Kelly66 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks