Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2007, 11:27   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
I hated all the Indicas though i was not sure about Indigo. I've seen so many Indicas (some brand new with sub 1000kms, even below 500kms) as my company has a contract with a Travel agency (it's either the Indicas or the MUVs) and the interesting thing is that out of the 60 odd cars there, they own only about 10, the others are sub-contracted from private owners. The point is that there is some problem in each and every car! Either the cup-holder keeps ejecting from the centre-console or the glove-box won't shut properly, etc. Frankly, i don't know about Indigo.

But the new Indigo design was good, much better indeed and now that Logan is launched, I think i'm in love with Indigo

P.S: Mr.Ratan Tata is my most respected person in the Automobile industry
I had an opportunity to travel in a new Indicab (not Indica) and saw that there are significant differences from Indicab to Indica. The switch gear is not good on Indicab (it looks as if it has been used for 50k kms - and this on a new Indicab with 500kms on it). There are other cost-reduction factors in it such as no RPM meters, the steering looks dated etc.

My point is, please dont compare Indicab's problems with Indica (which is a better car ).
Old 28th April 2007, 13:29   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
that is the reason I decided to go for SX4. Cheers !!!
OT - Makes sense..i'd also prefer maruti petrols anyday, if drive is limited ..Do post your drive / ownership details of SX4..when you get one..looking at the specs it looks like a winner..

Any sales / booking numbers for Logans available anywhere ?

Cheers
Old 28th April 2007, 13:32   #198

I think the main issues are very low clearance and very tacky interiors. The diesel price nears the Fiesta's, and while it is real neat, the refinement is nowhere.
Old 29th April 2007, 20:47   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

I was in southEx yesterday and was passing by bhasin motors the dealer for mahindra renault as i wanted to take a test drive of logan from quite some time,dropped in to the dealership saw the logan for the first time,"it is boring"this is what i thought at first look,checked out the prices at 5.56lakhs the base diesel offers a decent value,interiors were VERY basic the only saving grace for this mahindra is the beige color of interiors,space was nice seats were good,the rear seat on base diesel is without any headrests and is as low as the oldest zen,how many bucks they could have saved n each car by removing the headrests + the dumb height adjuster on driver seat that adjusts for just two positions either high or low and it cant be adjusted while sitting,the things i appreciate in interiors are the recline angle on the rearseats,the shape of steering wheel is nice and the width and space offered is good.

ON ROAD
The moment i fired the engine it told me it was a diesel not as refined as fiesta Tdci or verna CRDi but is better than tata Dicor range,the vibrations are controlled for a diesel but in this age of common rail diesels we expect more refinement,turbo lag is not too much felt the midrange is good and with constant upshifting the cars feels like it has a huge power reserve,i get to a empty road time to strech the legs i shift into second and press the throttle now the engine shows its limits feels slower than fiesta,driveablity in gear is nice for 65bhp diesel,ride is a touch stiff at lower speeds but the car feels well composed on broken streches and joints,the steering is not very direct but feels well weighted is not overlight like verna.

I would recomend this car to a person who is looking for just a-b transport in comfortable manner,for me ill buy swift diesel or verna crdi if were looking for a new car,logan is just too boring for me.
Old 29th April 2007, 23:22   #200

Hi guys -

Here's an off-topic question of sorts - do you folks (esp the technically superior ones out there) know if it would be possible to boost the performance of the diesel plant in the Logan by way of a superior filter, intake, etc etc?

I ask this as I drove the hi-end diesel today and actually quite enjoyed it. This too after a couple of other test-drives in the City Exi and the Ford Fusion. (Also drove the Civic but that's another story altogether - what a bloody amazing car...drool)

The logan's just in my budget and I'm tempted to take the base diesel and mod it a bit.

Any advice?

Thanks...

P
Old 30th April 2007, 08:51   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperoni View Post
The logan's just in my budget and I'm tempted to take the base diesel and mod it a bit.
P
Like how about first modding the window switches? , well that aside the only thing I know of that can be added is pete's kit, but dont know if it will support all cars.
Old 30th April 2007, 11:04   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys -

Here's an off-topic question of sorts - do you folks (esp the technically superior ones out there) know if it would be possible to boost the performance of the diesel plant in the Logan by way of a superior filter, intake, etc etc?

I ask this as I drove the hi-end diesel today and actually quite enjoyed it. This too after a couple of other test-drives in the City Exi and the Ford Fusion. (Also drove the Civic but that's another story altogether - what a bloody amazing car...drool)

Any advice?

Thanks...

P
Add another lakh to your budget and buy a Accent viva CRDi this car will definitely take care of your intentions.
Old 30th April 2007, 11:41   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Add another lakh to your budget and buy a Accent viva CRDi this car will definitely take care of your intentions.
I was looking for a Viva CRDI but all dealers in B'lore only stock the GLE version of the Accent now.
Old 30th April 2007, 13:22   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was looking for a Viva CRDI but all dealers in B'lore only stock the GLE version of the Accent now.
i own vivacrdi and still see that some new viva's on road here in Hyd. when i asked the dealer on saturday, he said they still have some stock left and clearing it. So best bet is to use some reco's and see if you can get a viva crdi, its a bloody awesome car.

If you get a logan, then apart from innumberable cosmetic edits , only thing you can do is add a pete's box ( i think it should come out in 2-3 months from now, if not already released)
Old 30th April 2007, 13:59   #205
BHPian

[I was looking for a Viva CRDI but all dealers in B'lore only stock the GLE version of the Accent now] I am sure Trident and Advaith in Bangalore still sell the Accent CRDi (not the viva). Seen brand new cars for delivery....So probably you can settle for Accent CRDi.. the engine is the same..Plus goodies like height adjustable Drivers seat, Fog lamps and added boot space...
Old 30th April 2007, 14:35   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
My point is, please dont compare Indicab's problems with Indica (which is a better car ).
FYI, none of the cars i travelled were Indicabs. All were normal Indicas and some even Turbos. Most of them were private owned as i mentioned earlier.
Old 30th April 2007, 14:43   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I have finally decided to go for the SX4... you are a clever one , caught me ... I only said for the indigo, is IF I have to decide between Indigo & Logan, I will prefer a Indigo any day. I really do not need a diesel, that is the reason I decided to go for SX4. Cheers !!!
Howz that possible - decided on SX4? Its not launched as yet!?!
Old 30th April 2007, 18:41   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Howz that possible - decided on SX4? Its not launched as yet!?!
Thats the power of the Maruti brand for you.
Old 30th April 2007, 20:44   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Thats the power of the Maruti brand for you.
Quite Amazing! Jagdish Khattar and Co. would be super thrilled if they read this!

Doesnt the Maruti stock appear cheap as it trades only at less than 15 times next FY earnings?
Old 30th April 2007, 23:13   #210
Senior - BHPian

Ok just went to took the test drive of Logan. Frankly speaking the build quality is OK OK not good but not bad. Some points like bumpers and very bad in quality where as sheet quality is ok. Fit finish is not there and interiors are plasticy.

Things i didn't liked:
- There is no remote boot opener in any MODEL. You have to open the boot with key.
- High Speed handling really sks. Took it to 130 and it floats. Maybe excessive height is the reason.
- Power steering not upto the mark maybe i m used to Fiesta Steering
- Clutch was not upto mark. Staled the car 2 times that too on highway lol....
- Accelerator Pedal.... what did they think while making it. Manik was with me and as he was pushing car to its limits and as soon as i see him in 4th gear he is literally standing on the accelerator pedal.
- @60 put 5th gear boy it vibrates lol...Sales guy said its in almost all cars in fiesta too. I told him lets go for a Fiesta TD and it will pickup without vibrations @40 on 5th gear. Maybe at some point sales guy must be thinking i am new to driving but he doesn't know that i put 5th gear @40 in alto with AC and it vibrates just a little bit.....

Thing's i liked:
- AC is good and powerful but makes a lot of noise at 3 - 4 settings. 2 setting is fine for use in city like Chandigarh. It was 40+ here today and AC was gr8
- Pickup is good. 65BHP and it pick up is ok for the kind of car/engine
- Breaking was gr8... Manik jammed the breaked at 100 and car was in the straight line. The sales guy says that the JK tyres are very good in this car.
- Car can do 110-120 with breeze and you wont feel much.
- Refinement levels better than indigo TDi. Never driven a DICOR so can't comment. Engine noise is more unlike fiesta whose engine noise is gr8 to hear. Fiesta is way ahead in refinements levels.
- Wheel spinning in 2nd gear woooooo...
- The display panel was good. It was all digital. Somehow i liked it.

At the end not VFM car at all. The sales guy kept on saying that Renault is the only manufacturer whose cars have 5 star NCAP ratings lol... I didn't wanted to debate with him on this.

P.S. Most of you must be thinking why i am comparing it with fiesta. Well the reason is SALES GUY who was comparing it with fiesta and fiesta was loosing in all the respects except for the brand name according to him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks