Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2007, 01:48   #211
BHPian

I got a OTR quote for Logan (Petrol) from a dealer in Bangalore. He was quite prompt in replying to my email actually. Late on Sunday night I sent him a mail and early Monday morning I had his reply. Here is his quote: Logan GL: OTR price is 502928 Ex show room price: 433950 Road tax: 47735 (11% of Ex show room price) Insurance: 16244 Registration & Handling: 5000 Logan GLE: OTR price is 553241 Ex show room price: 477890 Road tax: 52568 (11% of Ex show room price) Insurance: 17783 Registration & Handling: 5000 Logan GLS: OTR price is 673356 Ex show room price: 574760 Road tax: 69546 (11% of Ex show room price) Insurance: 24050 Registration & Handling: 5000
Old 1st May 2007, 23:06   #212
BHPian

Hi all,

I did test drive the Logan DLS along with my friends at chennai.

The best part(s) of the car are its engine (for its Torque) and the suspension.

We were very critical in examining the details of the car.

1. The rear seat could easily accomodate 3 fully grown adults, but its the same with an Indigo. I couldn't really notice any difference here.

2. Plastics are very cheap and look drab. As somebody else said, M&M is taking test drive opinions and maybe will have a "V2" version down the line. The had moulded the inner door handles on the door itself. Just a cut in the plastic :-(

3. The car could drive at 10kmph in the fourth gear on a light foot.. so much for the torque. And with the right gearing, the acceleration was very decent.

4. I think the driving position is spot on. You just feel like you are a part of the car, though the steering is slightly on the heavier side.

5. The Engine clatter outside the car was definitely lower than that of a Fiesta TDCi.

6. Oddly there were lumps of Paint at various locations in the car. Paint quality sucks inside. It looks like the paint has already started swelling (rusting from inside?).

7. The filler cap / bottle for the steering fluid was placed very low and at a very inconvenient location in the diesel model. At the side of the radiatior and if i am not mistaken, at the front bumper level. I dunno what parts they have to remove to do the top up.

No way Logan is replacing the Indigo. Just checkout the VS model (Older LS TDI version, before the facelift) at 5.31 OTR chennai, which i believe is great VFM

Last edited by pugram : 1st May 2007 at 23:07.
Old 1st May 2007, 23:27   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
The car could drive at 10kmph in the fourth gear on a light foot.. so much for the torque. And with the right gearing, the acceleration was very decent.
Are you sure man ? When i just test drove i Yesterday the car was even vibrating to pick up at 50 - 60 @5th gear
Old 1st May 2007, 23:36   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
Hi all,

3. The car could drive at 10kmph in the fourth gear on a light foot.. so much for the torque. And with the right gearing, the acceleration was very decent.
man are you sure i also took a test drive of the logan yesterday only and the car was not picking up at 50 in 4th gear

and i have to really stand on the pedal to push it to the floor you can ask abhibh and the car had no door handle to close the door at all

but one thing i loved were the brakes
i was doing 80 and i suddenly slammed the brakes and the car came to a hault in a straight line and the sales guy was flying to

but will i buy this car

ans no i will not have my money wasted
Old 2nd May 2007, 12:29   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
man are you sure i also took a test drive of the logan yesterday only and the car was not picking up at 50 in 4th gear

and i have to really stand on the pedal to push it to the floor you can ask abhibh and the car had no door handle to close the door at all

but one thing i loved were the brakes
i was doing 80 and i suddenly slammed the brakes and the car came to a hault in a straight line and the sales guy was flying to

but will i buy this car

ans no i will not have my money wasted
I'm bummed! At first I thought the Logan would be a good deal - you get a "loaded" diesel sedan at less than around 7.6 L OTR (in Bangalore), but reading through these threads is making me think otherwise.
Old 3rd May 2007, 00:11   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post

and the car had no door handle to close the door at all
Maybe i was going on a road going downhill. And we did not try to accelerate hard at this point.

But the car did definitely shudder on the incline, which required a gear change.

The door handle is a "wedge" like raising in the door inner mould.

I'm sure Mahindra is taking us(the buyers) for granted, with this quality of Materials.

Hope the buyers prove them wrong.
Old 12th February 2008, 21:56   #217
Senior - BHPian

This might be quite late but I had a feel of the Logan for an extended time today and here is what I feel.

1) Smooth car but engine is noisy.

2) Lots of noise filters in.

3) Ride quality is EXEMPLARY.

4) Handles good too.

5) Has adequate torque and power to keep you satisfied in the city and on the highway.

6) Space is L O T S. 3 people in absolute comfort in the back. Even front is good.

7) Interior is bare basic but a notch above the nearest competitor - the Indigo.

8) The base model had no PW and CL. no central locking was surprising.

9) The controls (driver side) fall to hand easily. Feels comfortable even when you get in the 1st time.

10) Looks very plain but sturdy.

Would I buy it if on a budget ?

Hell YES I would.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 12th February 2008 at 22:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks