Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2007, 18:34   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I appreciate them for the effort, but they should have been careful with the pricing. To me, having just one reverse light at the rear is hideous !!
The NHC Vtec too has one reverse light. The other is a reverse fog light I think. But for normal reversing only one lights up.
Old 19th April 2007, 19:16   #107
BHPian

SHUVC - I like your signature. Thats so Baleno )

By the way, I have lost all interest in the Logan after reading this thread. God know what Mahindra & Renault are upto with their strategy around this car!
Old 20th April 2007, 10:12   #108
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, I went and checked out the Logan last evening with Nikhil. The reviews so far have covered most so I will just add some of my observations:

THE GOOD:

- Tractable diesel engine. Superb driveability. Also revvs uptil 4900 rpm though it runs out of breath beyond 4500.

- Ride quality. Even over the worst of roads, the Logan glides. The chassis has great composure.

- Rock solid! You can tell that the car is very robust.

THE BAD:

- EL CHEAPO! It reaks of cheapness everywhere. The front bumper feels like its made of thick cloth; the plastic is that thin. Mirrors adjusted with the hand!! Yup, no internal knobs (leave aside electrical adjustment) which even an 800 has. You open the window and adjust the mirrors. No trunk opener even in the fully loaded version (only the key can open the dikky). No fuel gauge. No temperature gauge. Very basic sound insulation. Same dials on the diesel and petrol. Even the wipers are inverted (fit for left hand drive). Single reversing light.

- Very 80's look. Front end has striking similarity to the Sipani D1. The rear end sucks. The side looks weird.

- Horrible dash / interior design. The dash is like a square box. Horrible ergonomics especially with the rear power window switches.

- Heavy steering at low speeds. Even with power assist.

Considering that the entry-level diesel is 639,124 on the road (Mumbai) and the loaded diesel is 750,512 I have to take my words back on the Logan pricing. It is indeed overpriced. The 6.4 lac diesel does not even get wheel-caps! the 7.5 lac version gets wheel caps and no alloys!

In short, I hated it. Sure, it may even record some decent sales due to the diesel but the car is El-Cheapo redefined.
Old 20th April 2007, 10:25   #109
Senior - BHPian

@GTO.... How was the drive GTO? Isnt it awefully boring to drive... i just wanted to get down from the car after driving just a few kms.
Old 20th April 2007, 10:37   #110
Team-BHP Support

I think Mahindra and Renault are in for a shocker with the Logan. They expect people to flock to it. It's going to be the other way around I feel. It's not going to be long before some drastic price cuts are put in place.

Frankly, I really don't see this car selling in the larger metro's. It may have limited success in smaller towns and such.
Old 20th April 2007, 10:48   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
...Mirrors adjusted with the hand!! Yup, no internal knobs (leave aside electrical adjustment) which even an 800 has. You open the window and adjust the mirrors. No trunk opener even in the fully loaded version (only the key can open the dikky). No fuel gauge. No temperature gauge. ... Even the wipers are inverted (fit for left hand drive).
These things are just unbelievable on a 6L+ car! (Even on a 3L+ car these things would be part of the basic requirements). I really wonder what they were thinking.
Old 20th April 2007, 10:51   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
I think Mahindra and Renault are in for a shocker with the Logan. They expect people to flock to it. It's going to be the other way around I feel. It's not going to be long before some drastic price cuts are put in place.

Frankly, I really don't see this car selling in the larger metro's. It may have limited success in smaller towns and such.
I think Mahindra might just get away with it. In india we dont have many people who look beyond looks, fuel average and Hype. On the surface you are getting car which has everything the base fiesta diesel has, with higher equipment levels and a considerably cheaper price tag and that alone would be a reason for many to go for this car. The average indian car buyer isnt informed enough to make a wise decision. Most of us here buy the car just as a means of transport, point A to B and trust me Logan does pretty well in that.
How I wish I am proved wrong
Old 20th April 2007, 11:54   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Considering that the entry-level diesel is 639,124 on the road (Mumbai) and the loaded diesel is 750,512 I have to take my words back on the Logan pricing. It is indeed overpriced. The 6.4 lac diesel does not even get wheel-caps! the 7.5 lac version gets wheel caps and no alloys!

In short, I hated it. Sure, it may even record some decent sales due to the diesel but the car is El-Cheapo redefined.

you echoed my sentiments on the interiors perfectly well its way too overpriced and when we expect certain features for that price the last thing i want is power window switches - my foot!
Old 20th April 2007, 12:17   #114
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
No fuel gauge. No temperature gauge.
Really???

i think tata's 1 lakh car will have more features that this Renault wide bodied european "car". it seems like a scooter to me now...
Old 20th April 2007, 12:25   #115
Team-BHP Support

Reading GTO's observations, i have finally decided that I wont even head down for a test drive. Guess with these reviews, the answers to queries on the 'What Car' section just became easier for many.
Old 20th April 2007, 14:26   #116
Senior - BHPian

Well heard my side of the story.

Went to LoGan (Bhai Logan) showroom yesterday with Manik. NO car was there not even on display. Sales guy was not even interested about talking about it just gave us the brochures and sat us down. We started asking him questions. And i must he can make M800 look like th safest car. According to him Logan is the safest car in India. All Renault cars have 5 Star NCAP rankings and none other car have this ranking including FIAT, MERC etc etc etc.. haha..

Well asked him about FE 14 in city with AC and 18 on Highway. Asked him even Manik SKODA LAURA is giving 16 with AC in city. He says sir that skoda and its price is 3 times Logan. I said fiesta gives 18 - 20 easily to us in City with AC and the price difference is just 30K between the 2 cars. He says fiesta is no where near Logan. I said and your car have has so small engine it should give better FE than this and even fiesta has a good FE being almost 100KG heavier than Logan. NO Reply.

According to him fiesta is 65BHP coz he says 68PS = 65BHP LMAO.

Finally asked him to write my phone and number down and call he so that i can insult him while test drive and then give him a test drive in Fiesta TDCi so he knws what is it all about.

ARE YOU LISTENING LOGAN i safest car hahahahahahahahahahahaha and even merc cant compare to it in safety...

P.S. Ther should be a personal experience joke of the day thread in which we should post such experiences
Old 20th April 2007, 14:48   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Really???

i think tata's 1 lakh car will have more features that this Renault wide bodied european "car". it seems like a scooter to me now...
They dont have seperate gauges for them, its all on the "so called" computer thing.... again done to cut cost... the same reason why an analogue chronograph is costlier than a digital one.
Old 20th April 2007, 15:14   #118
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@GTO.... How was the drive GTO? Isnt it awefully boring to drive...
To be honest, I enjoy driving any car. Last evening, I put the Logan through its cornering limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
It's not going to be long before some drastic price cuts are put in place.
Agreed. Price cuts look inevitable.

Quote:
The average indian car buyer isnt informed enough to make a wise decision. Most of us here buy the car just as a means of transport, point A to B and trust me Logan does pretty well in that.
Problem for the Logan is that the Indigo does the point A to B job pretty well too. And cheaper by a significant margin.
Old 20th April 2007, 15:21   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
According to him fiesta is 65BHP coz he says 68PS = 65BHP LMAO.
Actually he's somewhat right. 1 PS = 0.98 BHP so the Fiesta puts out around 66.64 bhp.
Old 20th April 2007, 15:36   #120
BHPian

I was very close on deciding to wait for the Logan Diesel, but based on this review by GTO and inputs of so many folks, I guess I made the right decision on going with the 2007 Indica Turbo DLG.

I wanted to get a Sedan, but found none to fit my budget and needs. But even my Turbo DLG has more features than the Logan!!

Swift VDi was another choice of mine, but delivery delay and less space made me go away from it. Didn't found it that much a car for that price.

Logan is all about how to make a cheap Sedan. Cost cuts to the max. Just about everywhere. I expected atleast some standard features in the base model.

Thanks
Saurabh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks