Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2007, 23:50   #166
Senior - BHPian

After reading Lamborghini's post, i'm even more convinced not to go anywhere near Logan. Its just too overpriced for the features that it offers in spite of the huge interirors. I would prefer the indigo over it!!
Old 24th April 2007, 00:18   #167
BHPian

One should rememberr onething that the petrol 1.6 loan has got good torque at low rpms which makes it a lot more driveable than any other car in its segment. And it will be a better handler than indigo and accent.
Old 24th April 2007, 00:31   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
One should rememberr onething that the petrol 1.6 loan has got good torque at low rpms which makes it a lot more driveable than any other car in its segment. And it will be a better handler than indigo and accent.
Mahindra Logan 1.6 128nm @ 3000 rpm

Hyundai Verna 1.6 145nm @ 3000 rpm

Fiesta 1.6 146nm @ 3400 rpm

Aveo 1.6 147nm @ 3600 rpm

Fiat Adventure 1.6 137nm @ 4250

and finally

Indigo XL 1.4 124nm @ 3200 rpm

Unless we have torque curves we cannot ascertain driveability, but calling it more driveable than ANY car in its league based on the specs above is not an accurate statement.

Handing and Ride - let the market decide. Its too early to talk about these.
Old 24th April 2007, 12:41   #169
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
They are actually comparing the size of the Logan to much bigger and better cars like the Optra, Corolla and even the Merc C Class.
It is under the caption -
The Proof is in the Numbers
If they want to sell purely on size, lets get the Tata Sumo / 407 etc. into the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Car is developed to be built using manual jigs and not robots etc. Hence misaligned panel fit. However, the customer is willing to pay for this and cheap plastic for a price....a much lower one.
That explains it. Yes, the fit and finish were terrible. Panel gaps were 118NE'ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
From the many threads on the Logan, I gather that the big complaint is that the car is no pageant winner and lacks power. Well, a little imagination and a lot of money can get you this:
Hilarious! Thanks for sharing.
Old 24th April 2007, 15:13   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofsuresh View Post
Its a new standard to have only one reverse light. Nothing to do with cost cutting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idofsuresh View Post
The other slot is for the reverse fog lamp by rule. It lights up the kerb when backing and parking.
Really? And which standard is that? Some of the cars I'm familiar with (Fiesta SXI & Safari VX to name a couple) have rear fog lamps as well as reversing lamps - two of each.

W12, I don't think any Ford has a SINGLE reversing lamp on any of their models any longer. They did have it on the first batch of Ikons that came out but that was years ago. Yes, the NHC Vtec does - reversing on one side and fog on the other.......
Old 24th April 2007, 15:31   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Really? And which standard is that? Some of the cars I'm familiar with (Fiesta SXI & Safari VX to name a couple) have rear fog lamps as well as reversing lamps - two of each.

W12, I don't think any Ford has a SINGLE reversing lamp on any of their models any longer. They did have it on the first batch of Ikons that came out but that was years ago. Yes, the NHC Vtec does - reversing on one side and fog on the other.......
Well it's not a new standard. It's cost cutting. What type of standard is giving only one fog lamp or one reverse light ???

I think we should move onto next things now. I agree with GTO if size is all that matters then why not buy a NE ? I won't buy a LOGAN ever i cant bear with the attitude of the sales guy when i went to check the car.

One more thing hows the refinement levels of Indigo DICOR ? Is it same as LOGAN ??

Also how big is indigo XL does it compare with the width of LOGAN ?
Old 24th April 2007, 15:42   #172
Team-BHP Support

one good thing all models of the logan come with 185/70-14 JK vectras. The tyres may not be good but 185 rubber nonetheless.

here are a few pics of the interiors:

[

Last edited by Vid6639 : 24th April 2007 at 15:48.
Old 26th April 2007, 12:14   #173
BHPian

hi guys

I was waiting for a TD myself and found some time yesterday and went for a test drive. I liked the cars looks probably for the price tag it came with. the sheer size for one. looked decent enough to me. But when i started the petrol version and took off, it wasnt much before i decided to take a U turn and come back. It was totally uninspiring. the accelerater shivered and so was the gear! my good old zen felt much better in comparison. No way a thought even to compare with fiesta in driving comfort. Its any day of much higher value to go for the lower end fiesta EXI version than the top end Logan. Its just no comparison! really!!
Old 26th April 2007, 17:36   #174
BHPian

Guys,

Something fuuny which I noticed in addition to the above post. The rear view mirrors on both doors cannot be folded ! Carlos talk about saving $3 per car with such mirrors...very difficult for Indian driving conditions where the cycle wala and byke wala squeese through the gaps in the signals...
Old 26th April 2007, 17:41   #175
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Something fuuny which I noticed in addition to the above post. The rear view mirrors on both doors cannot be folded ! Carlos talk about saving $3 per car with such mirrors...very difficult for Indian driving conditions where the cycle wala and byke wala squeese through the gaps in the signals...
To add to that, both the left-hand side and the right-hand side mirrors are interchangeable and identical. In their pursuit of this, they lose out on functionality. Terrible viewing range.
Old 26th April 2007, 17:51   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
To add to that, both the left-hand side and the right-hand side mirrors are interchangeable and identical. In their pursuit of this, they lose out on functionality. Terrible viewing range.
Correct me if I am wrong, but the Ikon had indentical LHS and RHS mirrors that could be folded.
Old 27th April 2007, 09:04   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but the Ikon had indentical LHS and RHS mirrors that could be folded.
AFAIK not in the 2001 (and later models). I remember having to replace the LHS one and the dealer workshop only had the RHS in stock. So I went for an aftermarket one and regretted it ever after - very poor glass quality, no anti-glare etc though it was half the price......
Old 27th April 2007, 09:12   #178
Team-BHP Support

it just looks similar but the pods are the one designed for left and right. In the case of the logan the mirror doesnt have the triangular mounting pod but a circular so same for both left and right. Same goes for the door handles which are same all around.

Oh yeah and one more quirk. the seat height adjuster on the top end model. It has only 2 positions full up or full down nothing in between. The best part is if the seat is fully up if you yank the lever it just drops down suddenly. Now what if you want to bring it up from the lower position? The only way to do that is to get out of the car and yank the lever which springs is back up. I kid you not this is the only way to do it. You cannot lift the seat while sitting in it.
Old 27th April 2007, 11:16   #179
BHPian

The gaps are really huge , what u said initially maybe really true , I mean I think the car might have really had a minor accident which might have dislodged the bumper during transit or something !

Last edited by Rtech : 27th April 2007 at 11:19. Reason: Do not quote entire posts in your reply.
Old 27th April 2007, 11:19   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Now what if you want to bring it up from the lower position? The only way to do that is to get out of the car and yank the lever which springs is back up. I kid you not this is the only way to do it. You cannot lift the seat while sitting in it.
Ah, they must have had the Office Furniture guys design the seat!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks