Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2007, 11:40   #181
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but the Ikon had indentical LHS and RHS mirrors that could be folded.
Although I own an Ikon, i find the shape of the outer RVMs really dumb. Look more like doggie ears to me.
Old 27th April 2007, 14:27   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
The rear view mirrors on both doors cannot be folded ! Carlos talk about saving $3 per car with such mirrors...very difficult for Indian driving conditions where the cycle wala and byke wala squeese through the gaps in the signals...
NO WAY! With the number of mirror kisses we have in our narrow roads (at least going by the number I have had) you'll end up with BROKEN holders. The folding action actually SAVES quite a few mirrors by taking away most of the impact with the movement.

$3 saving for Carlos is sure going to cost Logan owners plenty of bucks each time they have a mirror-kiss. Add one mirror mount every 2 months.
Old 27th April 2007, 14:33   #183
Team-BHP Support

I have had innumerous cases wherein some crazy cyclist or 2 wheeler rider have brushed the RVMs and gone. Being foldable, all i had to do was grumble and bring them back in/out once again. Non-foldable mirrors would make for skipping of heartbeats every time a 2 wheeler breed comes nearby.
Old 27th April 2007, 14:56   #184
BHPian

aahhh just remembered our ceilo in 95 that came with these non-folding mirrors....but later deawoo rectified their 'mistake' and throwin foldable ones....
Old 27th April 2007, 15:59   #185
Senior - BHPian

Forget driving,even a parked car is not safe,some or the other fool just bangs into your mirrors which is parked in a supposedly safe zone.The folding action of the mirror is a real boon in this case too.
Old 27th April 2007, 16:26   #186
Senior - BHPian

Somebody mentioned that the Logan is going to make the Indigo look good - with each observation on the car I am beginning to see why.
Old 27th April 2007, 19:10   #187
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Somebody mentioned that the Logan is going to make the Indigo look good
Literally! The exterior of the Indigo looks much better, and the interiors (especially the beige I have) look luxurious in comparison to the Logans. Can you seriously imagine an Indigos interiors looking luxurious compared to anything? Its true!
Old 27th April 2007, 19:25   #188
BHPian

From the postings here I can imagine why JC once said in a Top Gear episode
Cars are either good or French.

Though JC often talks rubbish I think on this instance he was right.
Old 27th April 2007, 19:57   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak View Post
From the postings here I can imagine why JC once said in a Top Gear episode
Cars are either good or French.
It's rather funny.

French produce some of the best cars like F1 winning Renault and WRC champion Citroen. But, come back to day-to-day production cars and they are down there in pits.
Old 27th April 2007, 21:36   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

@nikunj cal
All the cars had huge panel gaps so its not a question of only one.

by the way, even we owned 2 ikons and though the mirror design is dumb, the mirrors never break because the design is so flexible that if someone hits it, instead of breaking or becoming loose, it just turns in that direction.
Old 27th April 2007, 22:45   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Oh yeah and one more quirk. the seat height adjuster on the top end model. It has only 2 positions full up or full down nothing in between. The best part is if the seat is fully up if you yank the lever it just drops down suddenly. Now what if you want to bring it up from the lower position? The only way to do that is to get out of the car and yank the lever which springs is back up. I kid you not this is the only way to do it. You cannot lift the seat while sitting in it.
This is downright silly for a sedan in India. If it were that mechanical, they should have included it ieven in the base version, and claimed that seat height adjustment is available even in the base model. That said, even with a purely mechanical arrangement (no motors, no hydraulics) it should be possible to make an infinitely adjustable seat height.
Old 28th April 2007, 06:02   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Somebody mentioned that the Logan is going to make the Indigo look good - with each observation on the car I am beginning to see why.
I hated all the Indicas though i was not sure about Indigo. I've seen so many Indicas (some brand new with sub 1000kms, even below 500kms) as my company has a contract with a Travel agency (it's either the Indicas or the MUVs) and the interesting thing is that out of the 60 odd cars there, they own only about 10, the others are sub-contracted from private owners. The point is that there is some problem in each and every car! Either the cup-holder keeps ejecting from the centre-console or the glove-box won't shut properly, etc. Frankly, i don't know about Indigo.

But the new Indigo design was good, much better indeed and now that Logan is launched, I think i'm in love with Indigo

P.S: Mr.Ratan Tata is my most respected person in the Automobile industry
Old 28th April 2007, 08:34   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Literally! The exterior of the Indigo looks much better, and the interiors (especially the beige I have) look luxurious in comparison to the Logans. Can you seriously imagine an Indigos interiors looking luxurious compared to anything? Its true!

I agree with you GTO, one thing I do not u'stand is that people say Logan is a very refined & a top class car ( because it is a renault ), if you have read the latest Auto Mags ( May ) all are giving it a 9 / 10 !!!! But when I actually saw the car, boy was I dissapointed, it looks old the esteem ( which is now a decade old ) looks more modern than the logan .... Indigo is a class apart , though its made in good ole india, I know travel agents who run these Indigos day & night for over 200,000 km's & the car is still running great, can you expect any oher car to do the same ? I wil put my money down anyday for the Indigo....
Old 28th April 2007, 09:33   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I wil put my money down anyday for the Indigo....
But in the other thread on new maruti SX4, you have mentioned you are putting your money down on SX4 and not Indigo
Old 28th April 2007, 10:41   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
But in the other thread on new maruti SX4, you have mentioned you are putting your money down on SX4 and not Indigo
Hey w 12 - You are right, I have finally decided to go for the SX4... you are a clever one , caught me ... I only said for the indigo, is IF I have to decide between Indigo & Logan, I will prefer a Indigo any day. I really do not need a diesel, that is the reason I decided to go for SX4. Cheers !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks