Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2007, 22:56   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Are the stock headlamps on the SX4 sufficient,has anyone upgraded from the OE stuff.
The headlamps are decently powerful. I asked for halogen lamps and the sales guy showed me one bit of the lamp and said that that bit would melt in the heat if I fit halogen lamps and go real fast. I didn't believe it, but left it coz it was weird that he wasn't interested in selling me a pair.

I want to fit 2 or 4 additional front-lamps, not so much for the light per se but for giving a proper response to the idiots who wouldn't dim their lights even after I flash many times. How much would a powerful bunch of lights cost for SX4? Is there anything that I need to take care before fitting the extra ligghts?
Old 18th June 2007, 01:19   #257
Senior - BHPian

i share your anger spetnaz but not the solution.
If you use the clear glass spotlight in the bumper it will eliminate a lot of glare from those irritable guys coming from the opposite side. at least it solved my problem (i have minus 10 and minus 8.5 powered spectacles). the final ace to play is the dipper. not just a flash. most guys take a hint from that. and sometimes i stop my vehicle right infront of them. come out and ask them how it benefits them to blind me? without fail they all look very embarrassed and learn a lesson. some of the truckers are not even aware of what their light is doing to the guy coming from the other side. so i pardon them.
no matter how many lights you use it will not affect the truckers because they are sitting much above you. so it is pointless to add more driving light. if you point the beam upwards, it will seriously hamper your own vision.
i don't think it is a good idea to add a lot of extra lights to your vehicle. your battery may not be able to cope up with it although most batteries are over-designed and can take some extra load but four driving lights in addition to the two you have will be seriously draining your battery.
never feel tempted to upgrade to 100 watt bulbs. the relay inside is designed for 55 watt bulbs.
sudipto
Old 18th June 2007, 01:37   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I am referring to the front. Some may feel that it is not required or may interefere with the gear shifting but if positioned correct it really takes the stress and fatigue out of you to an extent. This comes out of my own experience after driving my Civic in the US for the last one year. Also, the compartment under the arm rest doubles up as a storage space which is very convenient.
Mr Zen
Isn't the civic in the US an auto transmission one where you don't need to use your right hand much to shift gears? When you are constantly changing gear where is the opportunity to rest your left hand here in India? I keep my coins just infront of the gear stick.
Sudipto
Old 18th June 2007, 10:59   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
jagguda,

this post is getting more and more interesting. however still it stays within topic. well i called mul regional office lady picks up and tells me that i have to wait for 2 more months without even asking what my case is! then i explain and she says her office itself is working under total confusion and they dont know when cars are coming through. then she says bookings have stopped now for sx4 and swift diesel - i m sure she was totally totally confused.

i gave such a blasting that she said she will ask the concerned person to call up. i also asked her how working for maruti she can talk irresponsibly towards customers like this, i also told her i might go in for a harasment case for delays with the consumer forum.

anyways, the dealer has finally sent in for cancellation for my sx4. i should receive the money by monday back. SBI says now that the same car has to be bought with same dealer with same cheque. i told them thats not possible, i have to sit with them and get it changed to another mul dealer. i have spoken to manju at rns. he said he will help me out though he says it will be 2 more months for me if no other car is available as of now. anyways, i ve decided to go to rns for this time. so lemme stick to sx4 for some more time.

meanwhile more things happening back here. might go in for a change in workplace so that should keep me occupied for a while. and i can forget my car for a while and wait on. that aside my loan emi has begun. this is the status.

i saw both the UVA and an sx4 in my company parking lot. i must appreciate both the cars they were looking majestic and nice. biege looks cool in sx4. very nice indeed.

adieu for now
Hi! Geek,

I think its a wise decision to go in with RNS...Manjunath BS @ RNS is a good sales guy handling SX4...You can contact him....BTW, I had booked a beige colour zxi with Leather variant on May 21st...but took the delivery of Red....and as far as I remember that booking was not cancelled...May be you can check this one if you can spend a 40K more for the leather variant..

Alternatively, you can also mail s.biswal@maruti.co.in. I got this ID from one of my colleagues..who had similar issues while booking Swift with Bimal...but they got resolved after he sent a mail to this person...May be this could be of some help to you....
Old 18th June 2007, 12:57   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Mr Zen
Isn't the civic in the US an auto transmission one where you don't need to use your right hand much to shift gears? When you are constantly changing gear where is the opportunity to rest your left hand here in India? I keep my coins just infront of the gear stick.
Sudipto
I feel having an armrest for the left hand is great for long highway drives in India. As far as I know, Verna petrol provides it. It may not be of much help in city driving, though.
Old 18th June 2007, 13:02   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Geek - Dont look at changing your decision just because of delayed delivery, i would say wait for the SX4, its totally worth it.

The Fiesta is a very good car too and i find the Fiesta better then the AVEO as far as gear shifting, brakes, handling is concerned.
I agree with Busa 100%. I bought a Fiesta 1.6 sxi in March and have no regrets about not waiting for SX4. I have test-driven an SX4 recently and found it in no way to be superior to the Fiesta in ride, handling and braking, though it is almost on par.
Only feature I miss in the Fiesta are the airbags. The integrated stereo controls on the SX4
Old 18th June 2007, 13:06   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Geek - Dont look at changing your decision just because of delayed delivery, i would say wait for the SX4, its totally worth it.

The Fiesta is a very good car too and i find the Fiesta better then the AVEO as far as gear shifting, brakes, handling is concerned.
I totally agree with Busa on his views on the Fiesta. I bought a Fiesta 1.6 sxi in March, 2007 and have no regrets of not waiting for an SX4.
I test drove an SX4 last week and found that it was in no way superior to Fiesta in terms of ride, performance, handling and braking, though it was good in itself.
Only thing I miss are the airbags and the integrated controls to the music system on the steering wheel. But the music system in the SX4 sounds very ordinary--almost as bad as the Nippon player that comes with the WagonR.
Old 20th June 2007, 10:29   #263
VBV
BHPian

Hi,

I got a red SX4 delivered on Sunday. I had a pleasant experience with Mandovi motors. It did take long, but I was given the right expectations. And it helped. I can wait, provided I sense predictability.

I've revved it only till 4000 rpm... the engine is still under run in.
Cornering at 80 kmph was great, there's a healthy understeer.
But too quick a turn has some body roll.

The luggage space is great, the boot is best in class. The car is big enough and comfortable for 5 short guys. The middle rear seat is uncomfortable only if you're tall. But other than that, the car is very comfortable and big. I would have liked a lot of smaller storage(as in Honda cars) in and around the seating space.

I like the height of the drivers' seat. I like the power, it comes at the rpms I like at the mid band. The stereo is from nippontronics, which is Kenwood, it has good reproduction of all freq spectrums. This is more important for me than huge bass(as I do not play music for people outside :-) ). The dash is clean.

The boot lid should have been a little bit stiffer. You really have to push it to make it stand right. A spring would have helped.
There are blindspots in the car due to the A pillars. The wedge simply does not help. Taking right turns are difficult. The clutch could have been better designed and a dummy wedge would be useful.

Overall, I think a paradigm shift is happening. Usually feedback from the road was associated with driver's controlling capability. This meant loss of comfort and smoothness. The shift is away from such models to a more smoother more comfortable car keeping in mind the drivers controlling capability. The search is now for the right compromise. And I think SX4 is a good compromise.
Old 20th June 2007, 13:50   #264
BHPian

Congrats on your new car...and welcome to the SX4 club..

BTW, did any one notice that the gears are a bit tight to operate in SX4?? Is this normal...or will it become ok after the run in is over..
Old 20th June 2007, 16:00   #265
VBV
BHPian

The gears were a bit tight, but its smoothened out over the time for me atleast. I guess that's the expected behavior. Also since I've driven mostly inside the city, the transitions from 3-2 and 2-1 have smoothened more than from say 4-5 or 5-3.
Old 20th June 2007, 16:05   #266
BHPian

Congrats VBV....keep us updated with your experience with SX4. enjoy your drive.
Old 20th June 2007, 20:54   #267
Senior - BHPian

wow,

congrats all you guyz. sathyas thread has now been sort of hijacked by all like minded sx4 owners

enjoy maadi
Old 21st June 2007, 15:25   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
jagguda,

this post is getting more and more interesting. however still it stays within topic. well i called mul regional office lady picks up and tells me that i have to wait for 2 more months without even asking what my case is! then i explain and she says her office itself is working under total confusion and they dont know when cars are coming through. then she says bookings have stopped now for sx4 and swift diesel - i m sure she was totally totally confused.

i gave such a blasting that she said she will ask the concerned person to call up. i also asked her how working for maruti she can talk irresponsibly towards customers like this, i also told her i might go in for a harasment case for delays with the consumer forum.

anyways, the dealer has finally sent in for cancellation for my sx4. i should receive the money by monday back. SBI says now that the same car has to be bought with same dealer with same cheque. i told them thats not possible, i have to sit with them and get it changed to another mul dealer. i have spoken to manju at rns. he said he will help me out though he says it will be 2 more months for me if no other car is available as of now. anyways, i ve decided to go to rns for this time. so lemme stick to sx4 for some more time.

meanwhile more things happening back here. might go in for a change in workplace so that should keep me occupied for a while. and i can forget my car for a while and wait on. that aside my loan emi has begun. this is the status.

i saw both the UVA and an sx4 in my company parking lot. i must appreciate both the cars they were looking majestic and nice. biege looks cool in sx4. very nice indeed.

adieu for now
Geek,
Good to hear that you are still sticking with SX4, hope you will get it soon. Good move to change dealer.

As memo or someone said, if you get in touch with those who know GM of RNS, that may speed up your delivery - All the best!! Keep us posted.
Old 21st June 2007, 15:30   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post
Congrats on your new car...and welcome to the SX4 club..

BTW, did any one notice that the gears are a bit tight to operate in SX4?? Is this normal...or will it become ok after the run in is over..
Clutch and gears were tight till first service and after that they are lot comfortable now, for me.

On day of delivery, it used to refuse to move many times in signal (Cop came near me and asked 'who gave you license to drive' ).

I figured later that it was due to tight clutch and I got used to it later.

Reverse gear is still a problem, many times it doesn't go to it's position (goto 1st and then try reverse, it works) - heard same issue with Swift too, MUL hasn't corrected it yet.
Old 21st June 2007, 15:34   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Hi,

I got a red SX4 delivered on Sunday. I had a pleasant experience with Mandovi motors. It did take long, but I was given the right expectations. And it helped. I can wait, provided I sense predictability.
Congrats, do post some pics. Have a safe drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
I've revved it only till 4000 rpm... the engine is still under run in.
Cornering at 80 kmph was great, there's a healthy understeer.
But too quick a turn has some body roll.
I suggest to go through manual completely, it helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks