Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2007, 17:16   #226
Senior - BHPian

seems SX4 sells a lot.Saw a SX4 taxi!
Old 14th June 2007, 17:23   #227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Its not just about SX4. Same with Baleno (and even Alto, if I remember right).
Even wagonR rear windows dont go down fully.

Sudhir5478,
Congrats on the new car!
Old 14th June 2007, 17:34   #228

I believe many a cars now a days are having this kind of weird feature. In Aveo also its the case, I sisncerly dont know why it is like this, Even though the service center guy told its for safety reasons. It surely causes discomfort for the people sitting when they are keeping their hands on it. :(
Old 14th June 2007, 19:28   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAst 'n furious View Post
I believe many a cars now a days are having this kind of weird feature. In Aveo also its the case, I sisncerly dont know why it is like this, Even though the service center guy told its for safety reasons. It surely causes discomfort for the people sitting when they are keeping their hands on it. :(
you shouldnt be keeping your hand there in the first place. My dad fractured his hand doing exactly that. its a no no.
Old 14th June 2007, 19:31   #230
Team-BHP Support

its actually the way the car door is constructed, along with the shape of the glass and maybe a cross bar protection inside the door which contribute to half wind down of glass.

cars designed abroad might not really have an issue with this with the climate there in india it might be a diff thing.
Old 14th June 2007, 19:36   #231
Team-BHP Support

Simple if cars like wagonR or honda city dont have windows which dont wind down fully it's because they cant. the windows are bigger and the door becomes smaller towards the bottom around the wheel arch.

Whereas most of the cars which have a quarter window inside the door can have the main window wind down fully. there may be exceptions but this is generally the case.
Old 14th June 2007, 19:53   #232
Senior - BHPian

Geek - Dont look at changing your decision just because of delayed delivery, i would say wait for the SX4, its totally worth it.

The Fiesta is a very good car too and i find the Fiesta better then the AVEO as far as gear shifting, brakes, handling is concerned.
Old 14th June 2007, 20:34   #233
Senior - BHPian

You mean geek has not yet got his car? If I remember right, he was one of the first to TD the SX4. Maybe I missed something here.

Anyway Geek, too much of evaluation ain't good buddy. Go for whatever it is - its just a car afterall.
Old 14th June 2007, 20:41   #234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
You mean geek has not yet got his car? If I remember right, he was one of the first to TD the SX4. Maybe I missed something here.

Anyway Geek, too much of evaluation ain't good buddy. Go for whatever it is - its just a car afterall.
If i remember correctly, he was one of the first to TD UV-A, Getz prime, palio Stile 1.1 and SX4.
Old 14th June 2007, 20:48   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR
If i remember correctly, he was one of the first to TD UV-A, Getz prime, palio Stile 1.1 and SX4.
Hmmm. Looks like he is lost in confusion as to whether to go for the spacious new hatch or the spacious weak hatch or the weak hot hatch or the hottest C-segment sedan.
Old 14th June 2007, 21:33   #236
Senior - BHPian

supreme, yes i havent got my car yet. thanks to maruti for their so called demand supply logistics. when someone does not even commit on a date to you on when the car would come, leave alone deliver it, what will you do? wont you get pissed off?

for eg, i know that they clearly stated 4 to 6 months for the swift, that was way out of my radar of waiting periods so i ditched it. now 4-6 months itself is very wide, i mean is it 4 months or 6? both are different for me!!

and now the story repeats for sx4 - firstly they never commited a delivery date to me, and they still havent committed the delivery date to me! believe me i dont mind missed deliveries, but i do mind everything related to commitments and keeping them up.

even a small piece meal work i take up around my home has a commited date of completion. something as big as a sedan must surely have a commited set of people behind the sales surely!

and oh yes, i did TD all the cars mentioned above. perhaps i must have simply put my money on the uva at that time itself. by now i d have you all reading my long term report on that!

today i drove the stile 1.6 and uva 1.2 again. i liked the 1.2 uva for all the reasons except price. heck its got abs, wider tyres, peppy engine, loads of space. somehow i did not find the power of palio 1.6 exhilarating or whatever. yes it has decent pulling power at any gear. which means with full load in traffic density being higher, the pulling power will help.

this time i ve gone on offensive with maruti dealer so that they start pulling their socks if they dont want to lose a customer, and they are still telling me over phone that they have spoken to regional head, state head central head and all that. i have not received a single email or been copied on even any one of these emails so far. so i really dont know how much of this crap is true. for all i know my money maybe parked in an Fixed deposit for them to earn their interest.

and my first emi of 8k has just gone to sbi for a car i dont have!! this is the greatest and most idiotic situation i ve put myself into classically well.
there is a proverb alls well that ends well. in my case, i d like to change it to : alls well that ends - which we call one of murphys laws.
Old 15th June 2007, 08:18   #237
Senior - BHPian

Well, I can understand the situation you are in.
But thats the downside to going for a car thats not only new in the market, but in demand also. Even if you get it a little late, I am sure you will enjoy the experience.

When MUL came out first with the M800 back in 1983, my Dad went ahead and booked one, paying 10K booking amount for a car that cost around 40K in '83. However, inspite of delivering cars on a first-come-first-served basis (which sounds like the logical thing to do), they drew lots or something and by the time we got ours, it was 1985 - 2 full years after we paid the advance. And not only did we get the car late, in 2 years the price had risen by 20K to 59,600.

Just quoted the above incident as it might help make your wait look less painful. Anyway, this should not deter you from giving hell to the dealer and MUL. Pull them up.
Old 15th June 2007, 09:03   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Congrats and join the SX4 club. I saved 2k since dealer gave mats free. What is color of bumper corner protector? black?

Yes....it is black..

It is not fault, it is as expected. Manual mentioned why it is like that, forgot it. Do post FE numbers and reviews of performance, etc.
I've not yet read the manual fully....so got confused...thanks to all for clarifying this doubt....I'll surely post the FE numbers and other performance issues....
Old 15th June 2007, 09:19   #239

Patience

yes, geek just be patient. dont try counting hours and days waiting for this, it might be easy to say but that way wait shall appear to be even more longer ! You have alraedy spend so much energy'n'enthu to decide on something, dont let it go down the drain.

And as the classic indian saying goes .. "intezaar ka fall meetha hota hain" ... :-)

Tanny
Old 15th June 2007, 10:14   #240
Team-BHP Support

geek i understand your frustration but really would recommend you to just hold on a lil longer.

one thing i somehow dont trust your dealer though its too late to change the decision, only suggestion is somehow get the maruti regional office and pick up the phone and speak to them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks