Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2007, 10:46   #76
BHPian

Sathya... Congrats buddy ! Nice color... Nice Number too.... Enjoy the ride and dont forget to buckle up...

Cheers,
Jai
Old 28th May 2007, 10:50   #77
Senior - BHPian

1. Gear box is an issue for me. I TD'd many vehicles and that too SX4 itself I drove 5-7 times. But on day of delivery and even now, I am not used to gear box - there is very little gap between vertical lines in box, many times to go to wrong one (4 instead of 2, 5 instead of 3, etc) - be careful on it...
  2. In other cars, reverse gear is always closer to driver. SX4 is different, it is little further, you won't believe if it is put in reverse.
Hi

Congratulations on your new car & that too your first car. Rest assured the gear shifting on the SX4 is great. You just need to get used to a new gearbox & that too a precise one, You really won't need to look at the diagram on the shifter to shift once you get used to it.

Practise makes a man perfect. Have a great experiance & drive safe.

Cheers
Old 28th May 2007, 11:03   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02 View Post
If anybody can post the FE of SX4 it would be helpful.
yeah .. I have heard everything else about SX4 but FE.
Old 28th May 2007, 18:49   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02 View Post
If anybody can post the FE of SX4 it would be helpful.
The June '07 edtion of Autocar has an extensive comparison between SX4 and NHC. Here are the FE figures quoted in the magazine:
FE (SX4) - 9.3 in City and 14.5 in highway, and an overall of 11.9 KPL
FE (NHC ZX GXi) - 10.9 in City and 16.6 in highway, and an overall of 13.75KPL.

Overall, the verdict is 9/10 for SX4 and 8/10 for ZX GXi, and they say "NHC is what you need, and SX4 is what you want.".

P.S: I know I have to link the souce, but I don't think the magazine article is available online.
Old 29th May 2007, 10:18   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnaz View Post
Strangely maruti lost in FE to City. I was expecting neck to neck.
Old 29th May 2007, 12:27   #81
BHPian

half century

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Since I am newbie, the pics I attach aren't appearing (@Mods, attention please), Yahoo briefcase doesn't allow to post - do you guys know of any site?
once you have posted 50 posts you will become bhpian and then you would be able to post pics..

You are nearing to that....
Old 29th May 2007, 13:08   #82
BHPian

Long drive experience and some FE figures....

Folks,
I am back after long drive, and taking rest at home (climate change, water change, etc screwed my health).
  • Now, reading says 875 Kms, around 700 Kms I clocked in 4 days
  • I couldn't fill fuel right after long drive, so still don't know exact mileage only for long drive. The mixture (long & Short) is 13.95 kms/lr. For this, in short drive, I visited a temple where the road was very bad and I had to drive at 20kms in 1st/2nd gear - clubbing it with long drive (especially, Hosur-Krishnagiri route, where I mostly drove between 60-80 and sometimes I went upto 100-110) - FE was at 13.95.....It wasn't bad, I thought.
  • Otherwise in City, it seems to give 10.3 or so.
  • Please note that: I am yet to have sun control film and AC was at high level (18 deg) and fan speed was at high/medium level always.
  • Once I give it for 1st service and when I fit sun control film, I am hoping it should give at least 12 in city.
  • Right after I completed long drive, I just looked at fuel indicator. It was pointing 2 divisions below FULL, which means 10 lrs spent (total 10 divisions, for 50 lrs, each division in meter is equivalent to 5 lrs). for those 10 lrs spent, I drove for 180 Kms, hence FE is 18 . The fuel indicator seems to be showing correct numbers, because, whenever I used to fill petrol, I saw that the indicator matches with petrol I filled (eg., 3 divisions less than FULL will make me fill ~15 lrs).....So, even if not 18, it should be at least 17.
  • Drive throughout was fantastic, we all enjoyed it
  • GC 190mm is really a boon, I never needed to worry about the car hitting surface, etc. Only in 1 place, there was deeper hole in road and before I could reduce speed, it slightly got hit...Despite, it wasn't major one (Had it been NHC or so, it must have been very bad).
  • AC seems to be an issue, I always keep at lowest temp, but my mom in rear seat used to complain that she didn't get it. I need to tell this to dealer when I give for 1st service.
  • My brother-in-law is in automobile service dealer in chennai and he said that people who own SX4 are complaining that AC is not sufficient for chennai's hot weather and MUL seems to be planning to correct it, I will ask him more details.
  • My driving experience has improved a lot in this long drive, especially while coming back, whenever I see holes in road, I could carefully drive (w/o reducing speed much) to ensure tyre doesn't go over it
  • It attracted everyone in road/street since no one seemed to have seen it anywhere till now
  • Except my mom, all of us (me, my wife & my dad) felt no pain even though I drove continuously for 5 hrs max w/o break - seating quality is very good. others who sat in car also felt the same.
  • In night rides, I had to drive when there was no power in city/road, hence I had to use high beam, otherwise regular one would do.
  • Speakers were very effective, even though fitted in doors. Quality was good.
  • I didn't want to go with leather seat covers, but I badly need at least cloth one or so, it is getting dirty. Any inputs guys?
If I remember more, I will post again. I need to give it for service in few days, I will take snaps after service and post here.
Old 29th May 2007, 13:19   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnaz View Post
The June '07 edtion of Autocar has an extensive comparison between SX4 and NHC. Here are the FE figures quoted in the magazine:

Overall, the verdict is 9/10 for SX4 and 8/10 for ZX GXi, and they say "NHC is what you need, and SX4 is what you want.".

P.S: I know I have to link the souce, but I don't think the magazine article is available online.
My experience with Autocar magazine says: their numbers/data aren't believable, especially FE. My brother has Palio for past 1 year and his FE is lot more than what Autocar mentions. Also, in that magazine, if you look last few pages where they gave complete data of all cars, many features are not correct. I stopped believing those info.

Whoever I asked, all said that NHC (Exi/Gxi) at least gives 13 in city (even in Bangalore's pathtic traffic), but Autocar mentions lot less.

Anyway, the comparison they did seems to be good, I am yet to buy this edition.
Old 29th May 2007, 13:22   #84
BHPian

Forgot to mention...Now, I am very much used to gear box...

Only issue is: sometimes, reverse gear doesn't go to correct position, I need to press it hard or try again, I need to complain to dealer during service.

BTW, Does any of us in this thread have got their SX4 delivered? eager to hear from them as well, to see if these are issues only for me or not.
Old 29th May 2007, 13:55   #85
Senior - BHPian

sathya

nice write up. i think you must use full tank to full tank method for measuring FE. anyways good to know it gives over 10. i m still waiting for the vehicle and must have it either this week or the next, either grey or copper.
Old 29th May 2007, 17:33   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
8.12 Lakhs - Zxi w/o leather
Wow that's a lot. In Pune it's 7.75 L on road for Zxi and I thought that Maharashtra was the most expensive state. The Vxi is available for & L on road
Old 29th May 2007, 19:11   #87
BHPian

sathya regarding the A/c make sure you use it in the re-circ mode bcos it goes to the ventilation mode automatically when in auto and wont cool effectively. i own a pearl white sx4 and have no probs with the AC in fact its excellent
Old 29th May 2007, 21:30   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
sathya

nice write up. i think you must use full tank to full tank method for measuring FE. anyways good to know it gives over 10. i m still waiting for the vehicle and must have it either this week or the next, either grey or copper.
The numbers i mentioned (10.3, 13.95, etc) are measured with full tank-to-full tank method....Since I didn't fill petrol RIGHT AFTER long drive, I mentioned that it could be approx 18..

I will keep posting FE numbers.

All the best for your delivery! I hope you are in touch with them constantly..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivc666 View Post
sathya regarding the A/c make sure you use it in the re-circ mode bcos it goes to the ventilation mode automatically when in auto and wont cool effectively. i own a pearl white sx4 and have no probs with the AC in fact its excellent
Thanks for the info...I always set it at re-circulation mode and set it for body (not for body & legs or auto mode)...Would you say Auto mode will be good for AC? I can try it as well.
Old 29th May 2007, 23:05   #89
BHPian

Thanks for the info sathya. I would be the happiest person if the mileage is 12 in city and 15+ in the highway, unlike what Autocar mentions. I'm waiting to see what I'm going to get. Will post soon.
Old 30th May 2007, 16:04   #90

@GeekSrik - Are u given any firm date for the car delivery? I have booked a Beige/Silver@pratham on 11th May and yet to get confirmation on the delivery date.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks