Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2007, 19:10   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verghesd View Post
@csanthosh: Whenever I tried Arvind was not there. Could you please get me the MUL Delivery Manager(Gurgaon) number? On tomorrow, I will finish 2 months exactly :(
Did you try lodging a compaint to MUL directly?? If not, please call up and do so at 1800 1800 180. I did that and it worked for me.
Old 10th July 2007, 12:39   #362
VBV
BHPian

Coming to Do's and don't for those who have got deliveries. I wanted to find out if people have found a solution for the huge A pillars. The left side is something I got adjusted to, but the right side pillar is getting a bit too troublesome. I have tried a few things:

- Pull the drivers chair back and forth for a suitable position to view what's on right. This has not worked out well, because I felt strained on my
calf muscles.

- Whenever I am taking a right turn, I used to take a half right and then wait for the traffic to pass. This used to highlight the blind spot. Now I wait on the left side and take the entire turn in one go.

- The best solution, IMHO, is to actually move your head around to escape from the blind spot. But this is not good, as it makes us take our eyes of what is straight ahead.

So let me know if people on this thread have tried anything else.

Also, let me know if anybody has installed a dummy wedge to rest the clutch leg.

VBV
PS: Thanks to info from Sathya, I went in for seat covers from GSports, I got it done from their factory at JP Nagar directly. I now have a dual tone tango, black fabric (small checks like the original beige fabric) on black art leather. Since my car leather is red, I thought black will look good on red.
Old 10th July 2007, 13:50   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Coming to Do's and don't for those who have got deliveries. I wanted to find out if people have found a solution for the huge A pillars. The left side is something I got adjusted to, but the right side pillar is getting a bit too troublesome. I have tried a few things:

- Pull the drivers chair back and forth for a suitable position to view what's on right. This has not worked out well, because I felt strained on my
calf muscles.

- Whenever I am taking a right turn, I used to take a half right and then wait for the traffic to pass. This used to highlight the blind spot. Now I wait on the left side and take the entire turn in one go.

- The best solution, IMHO, is to actually move your head around to escape from the blind spot. But this is not good, as it makes us take our eyes of what is straight ahead.

So let me know if people on this thread have tried anything else.
Normally, I slow down before taking turn with indicators on, this lets followers slow down (anyway SX4 occupies most portion of road, they have to wait unless it is double road). Then I move slightly front and look blind spots (I can't do too much since belt pulls me back) and then make a turn. If I don't have enough time to do it, I tend to go little bit on left side to take right, to be able to see blind spots to overcome A pillers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
PS: Thanks to info from Sathya, I went in for seat covers from GSports, I got it done from their factory at JP Nagar directly. I now have a dual tone tango, black fabric (small checks like the original beige fabric) on black art leather. Since my car leather is red, I thought black will look good on red.
Good, post some pix.
Old 10th July 2007, 14:23   #364
BHPian

Folks,
Being 6'3" i already have my seat right back and to overcome this problem i am stting on a 2" cushion out on my seat to improve right corner visiblity,it tis slightly better now.

cheers.
Old 10th July 2007, 19:38   #365
Senior - BHPian

Its been a frustrating wait (40 days) ... and as a last resort I decided to take this matter to MUL directly... I wrote a formal complain via email from my startup company email account (ceo@xxxx.com) with a detail explanation of the vague promise from the dealer as well as making me to pay all the amount for an earlier delivery ..I highlighted the ethics of their dealerships and how they will soon lose a prospective buyer..

And in 4-5 hours, I received a call from MUL delhi regional office... apologizing for the incovenience and informing me that the matter has been taken to the senior management.. and soon, the salesman at the dealer called me up (MUL must have spoken to them) ... again telling me all the craps and excuses.. and that my name has been a topic of discussion in their office... but again no schedule given for the delivery... so guys .. more woes.. but I am hopeful, something will turn in few days ahead..
Old 10th July 2007, 19:52   #366
BHPian

try this no.080-22127384-85.. try to contact Mr.Singar...

Tomorrow i will be taking delivery of SX4 Beige...

Quote:
@csanthosh: Whenever I tried Arvind was not there. Could you please get me the MUL Delivery Manager(Gurgaon) number? On tomorrow, I will finish 2 months exactly :(
Old 10th July 2007, 23:04   #367
BHPian

Hi friends. I got my Suzuki SX4 black in 3rd week of june and I have been enjoying with this new baby since then.
I have booked t on first week of June after spending much time
on my reaserch and analysis and my vehicle was delivered after three weeks.
Though the dealer ( Varun Motors - hyderabad ) told me that it takes
one month to deliver. But I was mentally prepared more after seeing many people's frustration in waiting time. I should say I am lucky to get it early.

First I would like to convey my thought process why i have gone for an sx4...

I was a proud owner of maruti zen for more than four years and started
looking for a changing of car recently. Earlier my love was on Old honday city which was not available now and was thinking to go for new Honda city though I didn't like the looks that much since there was not much choice until recently. I had choice of Ford fiesta, Hundai verna. But personally I do not prefer American or korian cars.

First I test drove Honda city Vtec, Chevi Aveo, Ford Fiesta and almost decided to book Honda City Vtec costing 9.3 laks on road with alloy wheels but without any safety features, but it has more refined engine and comes with 100 bhp power. I have never considered the low powered 77 bhp honda city as my choice because I felt it is as good as the old maruti zen which delivers around 60+ bhp. ( Excuse me. This is not a apple to apple comparision with maruti zen with city zx, but its only in terms of power ) I have decided to sell off my zen in the first week of may to a maruti dealer . The dealer told me that maruti is going to release a new sedan.
That's it, I held back my decision to wait and see what the heck is that.

After test driving sx4 on the day of its launch I felt that its the car of my choice.

When I drove sx4 I exactly found the same smoothness and power of a Honda civic ( again this is not a comparision but my experience ).
Though the new M-series engine of sx4 is litle noicy than more refined Honda engines, it still has its smoothness and power will dominate everything. When you press its accelerator , I feel like as if it is asking me to press further even at higher speeds at 80+ . Till now I did not cross 80 since the first run in is not over. I am happy overall but still FE makes me feel little unhappy. On initial drive I got 8.7 and I was little depressed. But that was with keeping the engine "on" with A/C always at traffic signals where I got to stop more than 10 minutes. In the next round I started switching it off if the singal is for more than a minute then it gave me 9 kmpl in a horrible bumper to bumper traffic of Hyderabad. I am hoping that It will improve to 10+ in city driving if there are no trafic jams after the service. For my full length review, please visit Review on Maruti SX4 by dilsoft - MouthShut.com. I will be a happy person if it gives me 10.
Old 11th July 2007, 08:11   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Its been a frustrating wait (40 days) ... and as a last resort I decided to take this matter to MUL directly... I wrote a formal complain via email from my startup company email account (ceo@xxxx.com) with a detail explanation of the vague promise from the dealer as well as making me to pay all the amount for an earlier delivery ..I highlighted the ethics of their dealerships and how they will soon lose a prospective buyer..

And in 4-5 hours, I received a call from MUL delhi regional office... apologizing for the incovenience and informing me that the matter has been taken to the senior management.. and soon, the salesman at the dealer called me up (MUL must have spoken to them) ... again telling me all the craps and excuses.. and that my name has been a topic of discussion in their office... but again no schedule given for the delivery... so guys .. more woes.. but I am hopeful, something will turn in few days ahead..
Good to see some progress. As per my experience, keep shouting at the dealer everyday - make them feel like they deliver the car to you to get rid of the disturbances you give. All the best!!
Old 11th July 2007, 11:43   #369
BHPian

for all those having problems with your maruti car deliveries can call these numbers and get current status of your booking

maruti udyog regional office

Old 11th July 2007, 12:23   #370

I have been trying to reach Arvind(Regional Mgr, Bangalore), but with no success. Either the line is busy/nobody picks the call. Today I entered into my third month of waiting and slowly started to look at alternatives. My dealer told me that they did not receive a Beige ZXi for the last 45 days which I am finding difficult to believe.
Old 11th July 2007, 16:46   #371
BHPian

Quote:
I have been trying to reach Arvind(Regional Mgr, Bangalore), but with no success. Either the line is busy/nobody picks the call. Today I entered into my third month of waiting and slowly started to look at alternatives. My dealer told me that they did not receive a Beige ZXi for the last 45 days which I am finding difficult to believe.
Today, i took the delivery of zxi beige @pratham motors blore.It is very smooth to ride and i covered already 100km and went upto 80 speed. I felt gerar shift is liitle bit hard(may i am used to drive reguralrly till now).. rest is ok.. i will keep post.
Old 11th July 2007, 17:24   #372
BHPian

I booked SX4 ZXI on 20th June, and called the toll free number to get the status because I cannot trust the dealer. They say it totally depends on the dealer and gave me the Chennai regional office to get the status. It was always busy, at last I got the call, but the lady who picked told that they are in a meeting. Gave my number, till now no call. Need to try again.
Old 11th July 2007, 20:27   #373
Senior - BHPian

verghese and gopinathan, welcome to the waiting club. maruti never reveals the booking number or order. and the dealers usually screw up. so happy waiting. santosh, welcome to the hard gear shift club enjoy your car!
Old 11th July 2007, 20:30   #374
Senior - BHPian

ITNerd, are you a ceo of your company! wow too cool if so! well 40 days is a bit too much to wait. i pity the situation. maruti will never learn and give another two months and honda is gonna bounce back sooner than later. i hope you get your vehicle soon dude.
Old 12th July 2007, 10:36   #375
BHPian

Though wait is very irritating, I felt it is worth of it.

In my case I booked my silky Silver SX4 zxi at Sai Service, Pune on 15th May. First I had look at the waiting list for all colors. Dealer told me waiting period of 3 weeks but looking at past delivery schedule and running colors, I assumed 6 weeks. After 3 weeks, I kept pinging to sales person politely. Always told him you are a nice person but I dont like the way "you are not allocating me vehicle after vehicle in transit". Talked to his managers 2-3 times and told boss if I can wait for 2 months here, then I can wait for another 2 months somewhere else". Means I will buy SX4 but not from you.

When I heard its my turn in waiting list, I kept watch on vehicle while in transit. I knew when it was dispatched to dealer and instantly called him "What happened to my status?", got it allocated for me.

I took delivery on 28th June. So from 15th May-28th June, it was 43 days of waiting.

So there process is - When you book for specific color, order is given to MUL. MUL dispatches vehicle for all dealers in perticular city with that orders. (In Pune it was twice a month in multiple consignments). Each dealer takes delivery, does inspection. Then it is allocated to customer on top of waiting list ( this is where I lost first chance, otherwise I could have got it before 15th June ). If payment is made completely or (some favor :( ) then vehicle goes to that person. In my case these things did not happened as always told the person who allocated the vehicle "I know these things, tell me the vehicle which was in transit, where it gone?"

IF DEALER SAYS VEHICLE IS IN TRANSIT THEN THEY KNOW COLOR, ENGINE, CHASSIS NO. OF VEHICLE. THEY GET LOADING REPORT. INSIST FOR THAT. SO YOU CAN TRACK VEHICLE. IT TAKES 10 MINUTES EVERY ODD DAY.

Now running it in Pune traffic from day 1, covered 400 km and happy. I will keep you posted after I complete 1000 km/ 1st service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks