Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 15:12   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen_binu View Post
dude which world od you live in .. Comparing FIAT with Maruti?? and that too telling maruti is better.. if u forgot Swift DDIS and SX4(sedici) are FIATs with Maruti badge.
He meant that After sales & Service of Maruti is better than Fiat and that 100% true.
Old 29th May 2007, 15:32   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dude which world od you live in .. Comparing FIAT with Maruti?? and that too telling maruti is better.. if u forgot Swift DDIS and SX4(sedici) are FIATs with Maruti badge.
Such an arrogant reply in your very first post ... anyway GreatDrive, has already mentioned what I meant...

BTW, I live in the same World where u live too...

Abhi
Old 29th May 2007, 15:36   #78
Senior - BHPian

Humans, That was pretty good mileage!
Nice pics too!

Enjoy driving and have fun!
Old 29th May 2007, 16:28   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Abhi, can you point me to this thread please? AFAIK there shouldn't be any problem with the fuel pump.
, i push and pull and do every damn thing to fill in last drop of fuel even after cut-off and it easily takes in 2-3 litres after cut-off.

I dont think it will effect the fuel pump at all , i could have understood if you drive till the last drop of fuel in the tank
Old 29th May 2007, 17:43   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
Ha ha good one. The only thing remaining is the ribbon on bonnet. Everything else I removed the day I took the delivery.
I thought ribbon is the first thing people remove after taking the delivery
Old 29th May 2007, 18:09   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Just wanted to respond to Fiero's post earlier in this thread,, I too drive at 3rd gear most of the time and I remember picking it up at 3rd from stand still at slow moving traffic

1900cc petrol engine , even if old gen , is very diff. from an 1100cc engine with comparatively poor torque.

Also , I was contesting the definition of 'complain' , more than the claim itself ..
Old 29th May 2007, 19:57   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
1900cc petrol engine , even if old gen , is very diff. from an 1100cc engine with comparatively poor torque.

Also , I was contesting the definition of 'complain' , more than the claim itself ..
mods sorry for quoting myself , but i meant to say 1900cc DIESEL engine ... blooper !!
Old 29th May 2007, 20:17   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
yes ,its really a good milage man.with this milage lots of palio can be sold dude
Yes, if that is combined with above-average (and for Fiat to revive its fortunes, excellent) A.S.S. (across all locations, not just Pune and Mumbai where it seems to be much better than elsewhere) and spare parts availability.
Old 29th May 2007, 21:40   #84
BHPian

The June edition of ACI suggests that the weight and the underpowered engine do take it's toll on mileage ... There is a small car shootout in the edition in which the Palio 1.1 returned 10.2kpl , as opposed to 11.5-12.3kpl range the WagonR , Zen Estillo , Santro and Spark lie (in ascending order of FE) ... The Xeta 1.2 also returned about 10.5 ..

On the highway the palio gave 15 , again opposed to a 16.2-16.9 .

Ofcourse mileage figures vary due to a variety of factors .

FE of all cars in the shootout seems to be quite in consonance with what i've heard from people who own these cars(count out stile 1.1 and spark) , so atleast for me , ACI figures may be taken as indicative figures.
Old 30th May 2007, 23:46   #85
BHPian

Great reports for the Stile1.1

Hi! I went through all the reports. Its very good to know that, Fiat has not compromised on the build, ride and handling qualities of ots GREAT Cars. Mileage was a big sour points for Fiat. I guess, that's gone with 1.1 fuel efficient engine. Only thing which will change the fortune of FIAT in India is some very very encouraging and consistent reports (I should say hunders of them) on their After Sales Service

Then, every other cars will have a reason to
Old 7th June 2007, 20:45   #86
nbr
BHPian

Guys, my bro has finaly decided to go for PALIO STILE SLX. AHe droped ther plan for going after SWIFT D a,since there is already a SWIFT P at home, and Diesel vehicles tend to become expensive to maintain after some time.
Old 7th June 2007, 22:36   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Diesel vehicles tend to become expensive to maintain after some time
Who ever said that should look into Common Rail Tech.
Old 7th June 2007, 23:35   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
The June edition of ACI suggests that the weight and the underpowered engine do take it's toll on mileage ... There is a small car shootout in the edition in which the Palio 1.1 returned 10.2kpl , as opposed to 11.5-12.3kpl range the WagonR , Zen Estillo , Santro and Spark lie (in ascending order of FE) ... The Xeta 1.2 also returned about 10.5 ..

On the highway the palio gave 15 , again opposed to a 16.2-16.9 .

Ofcourse mileage figures vary due to a variety of factors .

FE of all cars in the shootout seems to be quite in consonance with what i've heard from people who own these cars(count out stile 1.1 and spark) , so atleast for me , ACI figures may be taken as indicative figures.
My 2 month old palio D, which has done about 2500 kms uptil now, purely in the city is consistently giving me a mileage of 15+ in purely city driving conditions with 100% AC in delhi.
infact all my cars give me decent averages, my baleno returns 15, qualis about 13-14 in city.
and i never take anyones word on FE's, it depends purely on the driving style.
maybe next weekend i will take my palio on the highway, will check then whats the highway mileage.
Old 8th June 2007, 00:03   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
Hi! I went through all the reports. Its very good to know that, Fiat has not compromised on the build, ride and handling qualities of ots GREAT Cars. Mileage was a big sour points for Fiat. I guess, that's gone with 1.1 fuel efficient engine. Only thing which will change the fortune of FIAT in India is some very very encouraging and consistent reports (I should say hunders of them) on their After Sales Service

Then, every other cars will have a reason to
i agree with omar... have seen fiat struglling in india from a long time!!
hope they do something about that after sales service of theirs!!
Old 8th June 2007, 00:58   #90
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Well, to begin with I am sure we all live on planet earth. Yes, you are right. Italian supercar makers FIAT (Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa Romeo) are no comparison for the likes of suzuki (or maruti in this case). Incase you didn't know SX4 is not just a Fiat with a Maruti badge. Its a JV (joint venture incase you didnt know, I do suggest you look up the meaning) where Suzuki holds 2/3rds of the selling share while Fiat holds 1/3rd. If it was a indeed a FIAT with just a suzuki badge shouldn't Fiat have the upper stake? Or is there any othe catch to this?

The design is by Italian Giorgetto Giugiaro who also renowned for other designs like the golf, passat, uno, palio, audi 80, BMW M1, Hyundai Sonata to name a few. So, its not that the design is by a FIAT designer itself. I do hope you also know that the heart of the SX4 petrol is a SUZUKI M16 engine with the 4WD kit coming from suzuki again? Yes, even in the Sedici (which means 16 in Italian in case you didn't know). A part of JV isto supply the car with the Fiat 1.9 MJD engine too. Thats where Fiat comes in along with the billions of dollers spent on R&D.

So the SX4 or the Sedici has major selling share by suzuki, 50% of the engines are from suzuki, 4WD kit from suzuki, built in a Suzuki plant in Hungary and not by a Fiat plant in Italy. If nothing else the build is as good as Suzuki's as its Fiat's. Infact moresoever Suzuki's looking at it. I do request you do your homework before calling a spade a diamond. Or vice versa.

For the others, look at my signature . I drive both. So dont call me biased. Im just calling a spade a spade. And vice versa.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 8th June 2007 at 01:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks