Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2007, 10:35   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
So dont call me biased. Im just calling a spade a spade. And vice versa.
Nice man... few things I didnt know about the SX4 either
Old 12th June 2007, 20:16   #92
Senior - BHPian

humans

any news of FE figures with ur stile 1.1?
Old 13th June 2007, 19:54   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
humans

any news of FE figures with ur stile 1.1?
Its giving 13 with 100% AC in 100% city driving as of now which I believe will improve after 2nd service. I have clocked about 2600 KM till now.

But the most notable thing is the pickup, that has improved more than drastically after 2000 KM. Earlier it was like a lag of few seconds before it surge ahead in 2-3 gear, but now as soon as I press a little it moves real quick. For me it was a big relaxation as many have pointed faults in pickup compared to others in it class, but now I am pretty sure I haven't made any mistake by buying Stile 1.1
Old 13th June 2007, 21:55   #94
Senior - BHPian

so for all thee old nv and pre nv folks, this should be a relief. 13kmpl from a fiat palio! and wow 2600km is a great coverage man! one more thing i wanted to know humans, is the clutch, isnt it a little hard to press? does it ease out after 1k kms?? and hows the service been if at all youve given it to tata? are the seeming competent to handle this now?
Old 14th June 2007, 00:06   #95
BHPian

Hi Humans,
am a newbie in this automobile world and am really wondering when I could get this palio stile 1.1. as mentioned in the earlier posts was scared to know that it does not have the pickup as 1.2 and buying 1.1 stile is not a good decision. I would be driving in Bangalore bumper to bumper to traffic if I buy one.. I hope in delhi traffic is not that bad? I have gone through all the threads for this stile so far and would be interested to know more about it. am all set book this car.. but one thing that is bugging me is whether to go far 1.1 or 1.6 ? please help me
Old 14th June 2007, 13:41   #96
BHPian

Yeah in the start it was a bit stiff but now I don't feel the stiffness in it. Its quite smooth.

Ravikn,

If you can afford to spend a bit more and not concerned about mileage then go for 1.6, but if you want VFM with good average then go for 1.1, you will not regret the decision. And this is based on personal experiance and not on a test drive of few KM. As for the traffic, Delhi is now better than Bangalore (I have experianced there also when I worked in Domlur for more than 1 year) after construction of so many bridges and improvements because of commenwealth games.
Old 14th June 2007, 13:46   #97
BHPian

My service experiance with TATA is a mixed one. For first service I went to Him Motors, Peeragarhi and those guys are not upto the mark, but later I went to A-One motors on Mathura Road and experiance was definetly better. The engineers there are quite good and know better about Palio and all of them seem to like Palio more than their own Indicas.

One more thing I always got call from Customer care after I went to TATA service centres and they enquired about my service experiance and such, which I didn't expected seeing the reputation of FIAT A.S.S.
Old 14th June 2007, 15:11   #98
BHPian

Test drive of palio 1.1

Thanks for the input

This morning I test drove the stile 1.1 and felt very good driving within the city. I have not done much of driving so far.. this is going to be the start..
The following are my observations.

1. I could not see the front left corner as the dashboard is placed bit high in this model ( I am 5 7'' but I really had to struggle to see the left side while parking). I wish the palio comes with the seat adjustment too

2. The power steering was good. the pick up is good when the AC is off...
test drove is with 2 in the back seat and with a co-driver.

3. AC is awesome and you get the chilling effect within 2 minutes.. I heard from that person that running without AC hardly makes any difference in the mileage(.5 - 1.0 km pl). Not sure how far this is true.

4. Found the back seat bit harder than the one you can see in other cars...
Also wondering why palio does not have the concept of 60:40 so that you could increase the boot according to the need.

5. Lastly...
After talking to the sales person.. The below is the offer given for making the down payment at one go... ( i dont have al that money though.. but just trying to make it possible with my friends help)

1. Rs. 4000 - corporate discount
2. Rs 4500 - for 18 months extended warranty. this will be given for free. so told me I could consider this as the cash discount
3. Basic accessories - foot mats, mud mats, dicky mats, perfume Idol, steering grip
4. sunfilm
5. Kenwood music system with 2 speakers and Central Locking
OR
Blaupunkt MAUI with two speakers but this is without Central Locking

Please tell me if this is a good deal or I can think of negotiating more with the dealer...
Old 16th June 2007, 16:25   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post

Please tell me if this is a good deal or I can think of negotiating more with the dealer...
I think its an awesome deal. Even I didn't got this much.
Old 18th June 2007, 17:49   #100
BHPian

Thanks Humans,

Am have almost decided to buy Palio stile 1.1. Could you please tell me what's the latest mileage you are getting in city. I happened to meet an guy from FIAT services and he said palio 1.1 is highly underpowered(that we know) and gives ridiculously low mileage of 10 - 11 kmpl in Bangalore. I could not believe it and wanted to check with you on whats the mileage you are getting now. If the answer is 13-14 with AC on in the city, I am planning to book this car immediately otherwise just thinking about the UVA as they claim 13-14 within Bangalore traffic and 17+ on highway and the look and feel factor is also good in UVA.
Old 18th June 2007, 22:40   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
Thanks Humans,

Am have almost decided to buy Palio stile 1.1. Could you please tell me what's the latest mileage you are getting in city. I happened to meet an guy from FIAT services and he said palio 1.1 is highly underpowered(that we know) and gives ridiculously low mileage of 10 - 11 kmpl in Bangalore. I could not believe it and wanted to check with you on whats the mileage you are getting now. If the answer is 13-14 with AC on in the city, I am planning to book this car immediately otherwise just thinking about the UVA as they claim 13-14 within Bangalore traffic and 17+ on highway and the look and feel factor is also good in UVA.
See,you buy a 1.1l car thinking purely about mileage.Then you try to drive it and you realise it has no power .So you tend to stick to a lower gear coz you have absolutely no torque.And after driving in 1st and 2nd gear,..you'll get a mileage of 10-11.Then you crib and want to sell the car,..but wait!Your car has absolutely no resale value.

Then you'll go on to curse yourself,'Why the hell did i buy this...F***(and the censored letters are "uck" ,nothing else .

So if you want a high mileage car,buy the getz prime or something.Don't pickup something thats underpowered..Please.
Old 18th June 2007, 22:53   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
So if you want a high mileage car,buy the getz prime or something.Don't pickup something thats underpowered..Please.
For your kind info, Getz Prime is also 1.1 and is underpowered!

And how did you conclude that mileage of Stile 1.1 is 10 - 11 kmpl? Actually, you have quoted the mileage of Palio Stile 1.6!

Actual owners of Stile 1.1 have reported a mileage of 13 - 14 kmpl on this very forum!
Old 18th June 2007, 23:01   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
For your kind info, Getz Prime is also 1.1 and is underpowered!

And how did you conclude that mileage of Stile 1.1 is 10 - 11 kmpl? Actually, you have quoted the mileage of Palio Stile 1.6!

Actual owners of Stile 1.1 have reported a mileage of 13 - 14 kmpl on this very forum!
I gave a reason as to why a person could be getting an FE of 10-11.I never said that the mileage was 10-11.

Ive seen palio 1.6's giving 13.Other 1.6's giving 16kmpl.Heck,.i get 15kmpl on my baleno.You dont really need a small engine to give great mileage.You need decent torque atleast.One needs to know how to drive too.

If it makes you happy,let him buy the Stile 1.6.BUt let him stay away from the 1.1/

Last edited by binz : 18th June 2007 at 23:03.
Old 18th June 2007, 23:27   #104
BHPian

Thanks Binz and Finneyp for your responses

Would UVA a better buy compared to palio stile 1.1 in spite of priced high?
Old 18th June 2007, 23:42   #105
BHPian

Hi Ravi, To me it is always giving above 12 with 100% AC, nothing else I have to say, its your decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks