Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2023, 18:34   #76
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Update:

1. Engine / Sump Guard: Even though the engine is not mounted very low in the Honda Jazz, the risk of engine sump being hit by a flying stone cannot be ruled out. In-case of such an incident, the resultant consequences can be devastating as even a small crack in the sump can lead to engine oil leak. Therefore, a sump guard is highly recommended.

I purchased the sump guard from CarTrends online. This is a genuine Honda Jazz sump guard and the material is poly-carbon, very similar in terms of quality and thickness to the rest of the under body cladding.

The response and service from CarTrends was generally good and it took about 15 days to receive the part. They even sent me a small video of the parts being packed before dispatch, which I thought was very cool !

Link: https://cartrends.in/products/engine...7be3aeea&_ss=r
Hi Chethan,

Thanks for sharing. Did the Sump guard ship with the screws and clips for install or was that purchased form the SVC during install? Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 22:48   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pain View Post
Hi Chethan,

Thanks for sharing. Did the Sump guard ship with the screws and clips for install or was that purchased form the SVC during install? Thanks
Hi, the sump guard did not come with the clips and screws. I sourced them from the dealer. 😊
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 16:23   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, the sump guard did not come with the clips and screws. I sourced them from the dealer. 😊
Thanks Chethan. How much did the dealer charge for the installation? Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 21:45   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pain View Post
Thanks Chethan. How much did the dealer charge for the installation? Thanks
I got the 12v socket installed along with the sump guard. Together I paid about 1k AFAIR. 😊
Chethan B G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 12:48   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

Ottocast CarPlay Wireless Adapter for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars; Model U2-NOW.

Wireless Qi charger for Honda Jazz 2019
Super functional. I am considering a 2019 used VX CVT with 20k on the ODO. TD scheduled for tomorrow. A City V Manual TD scheduled for today. If I get either of these two options, these are my first two upgrades without a doubt!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd June 2023 at 14:07. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post while replying as it inconveniences small screen users,
SixPistons is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 00:10   #81

I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself to this thread. I have recently brought home a pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT. Here is the link to how I finalised on this car. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5543161 (Honda Jazz : Official Review)
carnab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 20:15   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

1. Engine / Sump Guard:

I purchased the sump guard from CarTrends online. This is a genuine Honda Jazz sump guard and the material is poly-carbon, very similar in terms of quality and thickness to the rest of the under body cladding.

Link: https://cartrends.in/products/engine...7be3aeea&_ss=r

Requires 6 self-threaded screws and 4 plastic clips to fix the same. I got this done at the Honda service center.
As of today, the price of Honda Jazz engine guard in Cartrends is Rs.2301 with Rs.700 for shipping to Chennai making it Rs.3001.
In Boodmo, the price is Rs.2320 with Rs.2000 for shipping !!!
Honda service centre in Chennai quotes Rs.3500 for engine guard and Rs.150-200 for installation.

Confused between where to purchase- Cartrends and Honda showroom. Please advice, sir.
Old 22nd June 2023, 13:31   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post

Confused between where to purchase- Cartrends and Honda showroom.
I would suggest you to buy from the Honda service Center if it is available there.

If you buy it from outside, you still have to pay for the screws and labour.
Chethan B G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 20:21   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

3. 12V Power socket for the rear passengers: As the rear passengers do not get a charging point, I got a socket installed inside the driver's armrest, similar to the one available in a W-RV. This costed me about Rs.2,500 including installation which was carried out at the service center.

Attachment 2361683
Cable can be taken out through the notch provided to the left.

Jazz Rocks as usual!
Hi Chethan,

I finally managed to get the sump guard installed on my 2019 jazz inspired by your post. It was nearly impossible to source the splash guard for some time. Cartrends didn't have it, i ordered and then they refunded my money. Ordered it on Boodmo which showed a waiting time of over a month, Waited patiently and they pushed it back for another month. Got a refund again

Contacted Cartrends a 2nd time and confirmed they had the stock but once i placed the order, they said they didn't have stock after 2 weeks and refunded the amount again

So after 3 refunds, i contacted the Andheri service center for Honda for the part. They said they could not arrange it. Contacted the Borivali Service center they said its not available for my petrol jazz but they can order it for the diesel version of the jazz. Same part number. Ordered it and they took abt 4 days to source the part cost 2301/- and about 2000/- to install. ( The clips and screws and Nuts cost almost the same as the sump guard itself SMH!

But finally happy with the install and added protection thanks to your post.

Im now keen on installing the 12v socket in the glove box. Once again, the SVC isn't keen on ordering or installing the part themselves.

Would you be kind enough to share the part numbers of the Socket, Cap and the relevant wiring if you can find them on your bill from the install. It should be on your Honda Connect app.

This would be a great help. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks