Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2022, 13:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!

Preface: Our family car Maruti Alto K10 AMT was going to complete 5 years of trouble free ownership with 16,500 Kms on the odometer. Apart from the obvious fact that it is built to a cost, safety in rural city traffic was our only concern. As the prices in the used car market was moving northwards, we planned to take advantage and change the car if we get a good resale value.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-1.jpeg

On enquiring around in the resale market, we were quoted around 3L for the car. This was not tempting as the car had clocked just above 16k Kms. We thought anything above 3.5L would be a tempting offer considering the present market condition.

Our initial thoughts and requirements for the new car were as follows:

1. Safety – Minimum 4 Stars under EnCap crash test.
2. Build Quality & Reliability.
3. Dependable after sales service.
4. Naturally Aspirated Petrol Engine – As we have plans to keep this car for eternity.
5. CVT Gearbox – AMTs are too jerky for our liking - Manual Transmission not being family friendly.
6. Decent ride and handling with reasonably good ground clearance.
7. Waiting period for the delivery was not a problem at all.

And thereafter, we started looking for the cars in the market to identify a worthy replacement.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 10th September 2022 at 09:00.
Chethan B G is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 14:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!

A brief review of the cars we considered:

As safety was our number one priority, Maruti and Hyundai hatchbacks were out of competition right at the beginning. What a shame I thought! These companies have maximum turnover and even then, do not consider passenger safety as priority!

Tata Punch: Punch was primarily considered for its excellent safety and build quality, even though it does not have the CVT transmission. Ergonomics, interior aesthetics and features are excellent. We had almost finalised Kaziranga edition (just to avoid those full-white bits and the tacky looking inserts around the air-con vents). But unfortunately, the test drive did not go well.

The car looks amazing with very good built quality; 5 Stars EnCap rating is of the highest order. Ride quality is excellent and feels like a car from a segment above. We were happy with the interior aesthetics and the features being offered too.

Naturally aspirated 1.2 litres 3 cylinder Revotron petrol engine lacks refinement, coupled with the jerky AMT; particularly in the first 2 gears, was the deal breaker for us . The AMT should have had 6 gears instead of 5 and I thought Tata could have provided Hill Hold Assist on this car. Brake feel, travel and bite was not linear and felt spongy to an extent. Overall, due to this combination and not just anyone aspect of it, the driving experience was very average. Those full-white bits on the doors and the dashboard stick out as sore thumbs; bad choice of color selection!

However, I have to agree that it was a tough decision to make as the car itself is excellent and well packaged too. If this car had a CVT, it would have sealed the deal for sure. With a heavy heart, I thought I will wait until the launch of Mahindra XUV 200, take a look at it and then decide.

If in case Altroz was offered with a Torque converter instead of the DCA, we would have considered it. But with DCA on offer and our plans to retain the car for the long term, I decided to stay away from it.

Nissan Magnite: This one is an absolute looker! With EnCap 4 Stars and a long list of safety features, car is quite safe and loaded with features. Refined 1 litre 3 cylinder Turbo petrol engine and the CVT combination is peppy to drive within the city.

Suspension is noisy and gets busy over humps and potholes, which in a way gives away the fact that the build quality of the car is a segment below. Because of this busy nature, it feels like the car is moving faster than it actually does! Coupled with it, we were not sure about the after sales service of Nissan in the long run. Our test drive car was not well maintained either.

Honda Jazz: I had seen the 2nd generation Honda Jazz in 2009. This was during the time when I was shopping for a hatchback and had finalised Polo-Tdi. During those days, Honda dealers had a serious attitude problem (superiority complex); flimsy interior plastics and low ground clearance in the 1st generation Jazz didn’t help either. With that in my memory, I had not even considered Honda Jazz this time around.

But everything changed after my daughter insisted on at-least having a look at it.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 9th September 2022 at 17:37.
Chethan B G is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 14:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Stumbling upon the car meant for the family!

During the week, I had to meet my friend for an evening coffee. On the way, I dropped in at the Honda showroom and had a look at Jazz. To be frank, I was impressed with the fit and finish. Build is a step lower than that of the Volkswagen, but the quality is top notch. To begin with, I thought the basic V variant would be good enough as it came with all the safety features and we could add the infotainment system from the aftermarket. When I was discussing this with the sales executive, he mentioned that the steering mounted controls will not work with an aftermarket infotainment system and suggested me to at-least consider the VX variant, which has everything except sunroof, LED headlamps and LED fog lamps. I thought this was a reasonable proposal.

I revisited the showroom the next day with my wife and had a thorough look at the car. We were convinced enough to go ahead with a test drive. Test drive was scheduled for the day-after and TD car was brought to our residence. We parked the car inside the gate just to double check that the space was adequate.

1.2 litres 4 cylinder naturally aspirated i-VTEC Petrol engine when coupled with the 7 speed Honda-CVT is butter smooth; Jazz is a pleasure to drive within the city. Well built with mature suspension and ride quality; it feels like a sedan more than a hatchback. Engine is not audible under city speed and the car literally drives like an electric vehicle. We took it through rough patches and bad roads to practically check the ground clearance and it came out with flying colors!

There were rumors of Honda closing down their operations in India. This was later found to be a hoax!

Sales of Honda Jazz in India has been officially slated to be discontinued from March 2023. This did not bother us as there are a lot of Jazz sold in India and Honda’s product reliability, after sales service, customer centric policies are well known and proven with a healthy track record. 4th generation Jazz renamed as “City Hatchback” is being sold in Thailand and will probably not make it to India.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-city-hatch.jpg

Courtesy: https://paultan.org/2020/11/24/2021-...t-in-thailand/

As our dear friend and fellow Bhpian Atul Chandra (Redline6800) owns a Honda City and a Brio since ages (literally!), I requested his involvement to finalise the deal with Honda. As always, he was sweet enough to help me out through his contacts and also suggested Spinny to sell my Alto K10 AMT.

Later during the day, I uploaded Alto’s data on Spinny's website and scheduled a free doorstep evaluation. Evaluator came the next day and checked the car thoroughly and took a small test drive. Later in the evening, I got a call from Spinny and was offered an assured price of 3.64L for the Alto with a validity for 7 days. I gave them my consent the next day and handed over the car; settlement was immediate. As on date, they have sold the car and the RC has been transferred to the new owner.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-spinny.jpeg

Purchase experience: We decided to purchase the car from Brigade Honda, Yelahanka as they were very courteous and professional in their approach. They had provided us the test drive car too. Price was negotiated without the Insurance, as I prefer to have it on my own. There was absolutely no discount on the ex-showroom price. It was agreed that the 2 years of extended warranty (total of 5 years including standard warranty for 3 years) and 5 years of road side assistance would be provided as FOC. We opted for Jazz VX CVT in Platinum white pearl. Sales executive Mr. Bharath @ Brigade Honda, Yelahanka had a quick check at the upcoming deliveries from Honda and confirmed that the car will be available for delivery in about a month’s time, which was fine with us.

We were also told that a Jazz ZX CVT in Platinum white pearl had left the factory and is en-route to the dealership and can be delivered in a week’s time. We discussed about it within the family; delivery time was not our concern. But there is one catch with the VX variant. And that is; fog lamps cannot be added easily, as the designated space for the fog lamps on the front bumper is occupied by the LED DRL. Fog lamps are useful and also, since we had plans to keep the car for eternity, we thought of going ahead with the fully loaded ZX CVT variant. And therefore, we booked the ZX CVT variant on 5th of August 2022, which was a Friday.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-price-list.jpeg

Accessories opted from the dealership:

1. Basic kit; as it had decent foot-mats and mud flaps. But at the same time, we felt it was silly on the part of Honda to bundle 2 pillows, Honda key-chain along with the basic kit and force it on the customers!
2. Front / rear bumper corner moulding and body side moulding in body color.
3. Under body / wheel well rubberised coating and copper coating for the silencer.
4. 70% transparency sun film on window glasses and rear windshield.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-accessories-price-list.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT in Platinum white pearl would be ready for delivery in a week's time!

Last edited by Chethan B G : 10th September 2022 at 00:41. Reason: Added attachments.
Chethan B G is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 15:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Pre-Delivery Inspection: We were receiving constant updates from the dealership regarding the vehicle in transit. Once the car reached Bangalore, Atul Chandra and I visited Brigade Honda and completed the PDI. Payment was transferred on the next day and the registration was completed.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-1.jpeg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-2.jpeg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-3.jpeg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-4.jpeg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-5.jpeg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-odo.jpeg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-vin.jpeg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-wheel.jpeg

Insurance: Insurance from Tata-Aig covers every possible add-on's.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-jazz-insurance.jpg

Delivery experience: Car was kept clean and ready with all the accessories fitted. We took the delivery on the 12th August 2022 which was also a Friday, exactly a week after booking the car. Odometer indicated 4 Kms; served straight out of the oven!

After taking delivery, filled up the tank and drove straight to the Ganesha temple on Kasturba road for the customary Pooja.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-20220818-11.22.25-am.jpeg
Certificate confirms that the tint applied is within the legally permissible limit. Just in case if the authorities want to check.

RTO Fine For Using Tinted Glass: https://www.tataaig.com/knowledge-ce...-glass-in-cars

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-extended-warranty.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-rsa.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-20220812-5.40.03-pm.jpeg

Tyre upgrade: Stock tyres were Goodyear Assurance 175/65 R15 84T and was changed to Vredestein Ultrac 185/65 R15 88V. Tyre upgrade was done on the very next day after delivery before the odometer reading crossed 100 Kms, to ensure a good buyback value for the stock tyres. Deviation in diameter falls within 2%, which is in the permissible range. The new tyres come with better quality rubber, wider gripper tyre, 6mm higher ground clearance, higher load and speed rating.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-tyre-upgrade.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-vredestein-ultrac.jpeg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-ultrac.jpeg

First two years of the tyre warranty covers all damages; even if the damage is due to bad roads.

TPMS: SensAiry TPMS was added to all the tyres including the spare wheel. Once we download and configure the app, tyre pressures are constantly updated and displayed on the phone. In the event of tyre rotation, the position of the sensors can be reprogrammed. The app has provision to set the desired high and low pressure; alarm comes on when the pressure falls outside the set limits. Very convenient.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-sensairy.png

Batteries in the sensors are internal, have a life span of over 5 years and cannot be replaced by the user. Therefore, once the batteries die, the sensors have to be replaced. Unfortunately, the app cannot be integrated in to the Apple CarPlay. That would have been a killer, if it was possible!

Both the activities were carried out by Tyre professional, Basavanagudi which is a branch of Madhus Tyre Center, Bangalore.

Ceramic paint protection: Work on Ceramic coating, PPF on the electric sunroof glass and behind the door handles were carried out at Ultimate Detailerz, 4 days post delivery.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img2168.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img2169.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img2170.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img2171.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img2172.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img2173.jpg

Jazz is eager to start it's journey!

Last edited by Chethan B G : 9th September 2022 at 23:37. Reason: Added attachments.
Chethan B G is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 17:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2716.jpg

Third generation Honda Jazz was launched during the year 2015 in the Indian market. The car had various improvements over the previous generation in terms of build quality, comfortable ride quality, ground clearance and minor updates on the engine & CVT gearbox.

Later on in the year 2020, face-lift was launched with added features such as key-less entry, electric sunroof, cruise control, LED head lamps / fog lamps / tail lamps, 7 inch touch screen with Apple CarPlay / Android Auto, etc. However, rear magic seat, 60:40 split seat and head rests were omitted.

Initial impression: The car has been with us for over 3 weeks and I have driven about 900 Kms mostly within the city, coupled with a short drive to Ramanagara.

Build quality / Fit & finish: ACE (Advanced Compatibility Engineering) body structure is an extensively tested and award winning passive safety technology by Honda. Build quality and fit are very good, typically in-between Maruti and Volkswagen, much closer to the latter. I think that the finish is a step ahead of the competition. Thickness of interior plastics used is acceptable. Quality of material used is undoubtedly premium for the segment. Paint quality is decent and the thickness is at 90 microns on an average, across all body panels.

If I have to nit-pick; there are a few open wires and connectors in the driver foot-well. The window panels still flex slightly when the window glass reaches the top-end. Bumpers are a bit flimsy, especially the front one, maybe due to the pedestrian injury mitigation technology?!

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img1004.jpg

Engine & CVT Gearbox: 1.2 Litres i-VTEC petrol engine is silky smooth and absolutely rev happy and is superbly mated to the Honda’s 7 speed (virtual ratios) CVT with steering mounted paddle shifters. With Jazz having the right proportions for the city traffic, it is a pleasure to drive and easy to find a proper parking space. FE displayed on the MFD hovers between 10-11 Kmpl.

Jazz does not have Hill Hold Assist, but it does not roll back unless it is a very steep incline. Even in case of a steep ascent, the car doesn’t roll back quickly as in the case of an AMT (for example) and thus gives us time to hit the accelerator. Never-the-less, it is always safe to use the hand brakes on a steep incline.

As of now, I have not driven the car much on the highway. I will share my opinion on the same at a later date.

Brake and Steering: Front disk and rear drum setup feels adequate for the Jazz. Brakes are well modulated with excellent pedal feel and the resultant bite is confidence inspiring.

Collapsible electric power steering though on the lighter side, is very precise and direct with negligible play. But the problem is with the steering ratio and it takes 3 full rotations to travel from lock-to-lock. This is annoying at times and one has to get used to it. Turning radius of 5.1 meters is comfortable in the city.

Ride and Handling: I was asked to maintain 32 Psi (cold pressure) for the front tyres and 30 Psi for the rear tyres with 3 passengers onboard. However, with a full load of 4 passengers including the driver plus the luggage in the boot, it is recommended to have 32 Psi all-round. Ride is very absorbing and matured; Jazz feels like a sedan at city speeds. Car is super tractable and handles quite efficiently. Looking at how it behaves below 80 Kmph, I think it should handle well enough until 120 Kmph too.

However, I have observed that a cold pressure of 33 Psi for the front tyres and 32 Psi for the rear tyres provides, 10% better mileage.

Ground clearance: We often associate just one number for ascertaining ground clearance, which is 165mm (unladen) in this case. But that can be misleading since wheelbase and the suspension setup makes a lot of difference when it comes to what we practically experience. For example, both Jazz and the City have the same ground clearance at 165mm, but practically they can be different as the City has a longer wheelbase.

Jazz has not scraped over anything so far. Even in our TD car, it didn’t have any problem except for one extremely unscientific hump. I use this particular hump in JP Nagar as a jig to test cars. Even VW Taigun could not make it over this particular hump.

With the wider tyres, the profile has increased and the ground clearance is now at 171mm (unladen). Even the worst roads in south Bangalore has not created any problem for the car till date.

LED headlamps and LED fog lamps: LED headlamp primarily has three segments; one is used for high beam and the other two are used for low beam. But these are not the projector type and therefore the throw is about average, but the spread is quite good. Fog lamps have good spread too.

One issue with these white light LED headlamps / LED fog lamps is that the visibility becomes poor under rainy / foggy conditions. I wish at-least the fog lamps were with yellow light; will have to get it changed at some point of time, if required.

Safety: Jazz is rated at 4 stars EnCap for adults and comes with safety features such as Honda’s ACE body structure, Dual SRS Airbags, ABS with EBD, Pedestrian injury mitigation technology, Rear parking camera with sensors, Impact mitigating headrest for front passengers, Engine immobilizer with anti-theft system, Speed sensing auto door lock, Driver and co-passenger seat belt reminder, Rear windshield wiper / defogger, Key-off reminder, Driver seat height adjustment and others.

In my opinion, on the safety front, Honda misses out on important features such as Auto headlamps, Auto rain sensing wipers, Wider tyres (at-least 185mm wide), Telescopic steering reach adjust and Rear passengers head rest.

Auto headlamp is not just for comfort; with so many unlit / badly lit underpasses within the city and tunnels away from the city, it is a must have feature to avoid confusion resulting in driver distraction.

Similarly, auto rain sensing wipers too; as the intensity of the rainfall varies from street to street; it becomes an additional task for the driver to keep a constant tab on this variable, which can be distracting under trying circumstances.

The above two features are particularly important for an inexperienced driver.

Telescopic steering reach enables the driver to have the best driving position and at the same time have the right distance between the steering wheel and the chest, so that the airbags can deploy in a safe way when necessary, which is extremely important on the safety perspective.

Rear headrest saves passengers from whiplash in case of a collusion. I can’t understand the basis on which Honda has ignored this safety feature. This was available on the pre face-lift model !

A car boasting of ACE body structure, 4 stars EnCap crash rating and excellent safety features, provides skinny tyres of 175mm width! How do people even explain that? Luckily, this problem has an aftermarket solution.

Entertainment: Jazz comes with 7 inch touchscreen 4 speaker Digipad 2.0 Alpine Infotainment system; audio quality is excellent. Car has a roof mounted detachable mono-pole whip antenna; AM/FM radio reception is very good. System supports Bluetooth for audio streaming, voice commands, MP3 and iPod too. Resolution, touch & feel of the capacitive touchscreen could have been better; Digipad 2.0 can be termed as “Retro” at best.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-collage-usb.jpg
The first USB is dedicated to the smartphone connection, since Apple CarPlay / Android Auto is required. The 2nd USB is just a charging point and does not support data connection. Therefore, a pen-drive for example, cannot be connected to this USB.

System has wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It would have been nice if it was wireless though, as the unconnected mobile can be used as a remote from the rear seat which is super convenient. Remote provided with the system has just the basic functions, which becomes useless when connected to the CarPlay.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-remote-features.jpg
Universal remote! This wasn't even necessary if the smartphone integration was wireless.

Features such as hands free telephone controls, steering mounted audio / voice controls are useful. However, voice control works only on Bluetooth and not when Apple CarPlay / Android Auto is connected. Steering mounted controls does not have a Mute button; the Mute button available on the remote control and the Infotainment system (power and mute functions are controlled through a single button) does not pause the mp3 song tracks. One can "pause" the track through the remote though.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img2244.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-collage-mic.jpg
ZX variant gets the MIC in the Map-light housing, whereas the lower variants get the MIC on the infotainment system.

Rear view camera does the job intended, but aesthetically the resolution could have been better. Camera has guidelines but is not adaptive to steering inputs. Parking sensors work in tandem with the camera and gets the work done efficiently. Front parking sensors would have been handy for novice drivers as the bonnet slope is quite steep.

Comfort & convenience: Well equipped with features such as Engine stop/start button, Cruise control, Central locking with key-less entry and go, Automatic AC with pollen filter, Electric Sunroof, All four power windows with one touch up/down for driver window, Power foldable / adjustable ORVM, Front centre armrest (unusable for taller drivers) and the list goes on!

Jazz doesn’t provide a charging point for the rear passengers, whereas W-RV has one inside the drivers arm-rest. I will get this retrofitted during the first inspection service which is due on 12th September.

Automatic Air-conditioner: AC does a decent job to cool down the cabin. However, it could have been better if the temperature sensor was positioned in the right location, so as to effectively sample the cabin temperature. Right now, it is placed next to the Engine ON/OFF button on the dashboard and I really doubt if it can get any sense of what is happening in the centre / rear part of the car. What makes the matter worse is that the rear passengers do not get AC vents and the car carries a massive greenhouse.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-temperature-sensor.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img1047.jpg
Sunload sensor located at the far end of the dashboard helps control the fan speed based on the outside climate. If the car is under the shade or if the weather is cloudy, the AC controller lowers the fan speed and if the car is driven under the strong sunlight, the AC controller increases the fan speed significantly.

Some pictures taken during the late evenings:

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img2207.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img2210.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img2211.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img2212.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img2227.jpg

Last edited by Chethan B G : 9th September 2022 at 23:51.
Chethan B G is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 17:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-auto-ac-control.jpg

Auto AC controls: The best way to operate the Honda AC controller is to always keep the AC in the “Auto” mode and not fiddle around with its controls.
  • If the set temperature needs to be changed, one can just increase / decrease the temperature.
  • If the fan speed is higher than required for the front passengers, physical AC vents can be adjusted to divert the airflow as required.
  • Internal circulation mode can be used in the city or during shorter trips. In case of longer trips or travel between cities, ventilated mode is recommended as it helps retain cabin oxygen level.
  • Front and rear defoggers can be turned on / off when required.

The moment the fan speed or the airflow direction is changed on the controller, “Auto” AC gets deactivated and then the problem starts. If the controller is not on the “Auto” mode, cabin will not be optimally ventilated and therefore it can cause heavy fog inside the cabin during rainfall. If this happens, one should know how to use the heater / ventilator / defogger effectively and get away from the problem situation. Otherwise, there can be trouble with reduced visibility during a rainy day! If things go out of control, it is advisable to park the car by the roadside, get the fog cleared and then start driving.

AC controller is not an extended part of the Infotainment system to play with; AC is part of the car's safety feature and is as sacrosanct as the gear lever in the car!

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img1016.jpg
Petrol engine gets noise insulation!

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-z-boot-lamp.jpg
Boot lamp is a welcome feature.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-obd-port.jpg
OBD port.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-z-boot-request-sensor-collage.jpg
There is a request sensor on the boot lid too. One can lock the car from here with the key-fob in the pocket / purse.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-z-boot-skirting.jpg
Very well covered boot area. Most cars in this segment and above, leaves this area open.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-z-spare-wheel.jpg
Spare wheel is a 14 inch steel rim with 175/70 R14 84T tubeless tyres.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 10th September 2022 at 00:03.
Chethan B G is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 18:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Time for some pictures!

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2718.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2721.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2712.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2709.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2724.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2725.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2726.jpg
354 litres of cargo space.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2727.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2730.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2737.jpg
Seats are on the softer side; firm seats would have offered good support on longer drives.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2739.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2741.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2743.jpg
Broad comfortable seats with average thigh support for tall passengers / drivers.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2744.jpg
Missing thumb contours.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2745.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2757.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2758.jpg
Proper dead pedal.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2759.jpg
It would have been nice if the keyhole was integrated into the door handle.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-collage2.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img1027.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img1037.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img1038.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img1039.jpg
Dummy switch competition. Hard to beat Volkswagen though!

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img1046.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-_dsc2762.jpg

Overall, Jazz is an excellent premium city hatch! Enjoying every bit of it!

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-portico.jpg

Credits: I would like to thank Atul Chandra (Redline6800) for his time and support.

Staff @ Brigade Honda, Yelahanka were very professional and co-operative in their approach. All the pre-sale commitments were fulfilled on time. They have a good infrastructure for both display cars and service centre, with a well-maintained stock yard. In particular, I thank Mr. Bharath for his dedicated service and courtesies extended.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf honda-jazz-brochure.pdf (2.14 MB, 383 views)

Last edited by Chethan B G : 10th September 2022 at 07:39.
Chethan B G is offline   (53) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 09:54   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Reviews section. Thanks for sharing!

Going to our homepage today
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 12:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the Jazz club Sir. Wish you a long and peaceful ownership.

Good to see people considering GNCAP ratings while choosing cars. Its one of the better built cars in the segment although kinda dated now. Am surprised looking at the OTR prices. 12L+ for VX CVT. That’s almost 1.5L more than 2019 prices when I picked it. Mine was Exclusive edition with added goodies(for 20k extra) like Leatherette seats, black alloys, black spoiler, some body graphics and jazz branded illuminated door sills.

Do get the black spoiler, it enhances the looks nicely. Here’s a pic of my car for reference.
Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-902dc7f3d5cf485e8b8debae48bef1e3.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post

Later on in the year 2020, face-lift was launched with added features such as key-less entry, electric sunroof, cruise control, LED head lamps / fog lamps / tail lamps, 7 inch touch screen with Apple CarPlay / Android Auto, etc. However, rear magic seat, 60:40 split seat and head rests were omitted.
Correction: Keyless entry-go, cruise control, fog lamps, 7 inch Digipad 2.0 with AA/AC were present in 2019 itself. Mine is a 2019 VX CVT and we have all these features.

Last edited by SoumenD : 10th September 2022 at 12:10.
SoumenD is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 12:54   #10

Congratulations on your excellent choice. I too have a Jazz CVT in the family and are highly satisfied except for its poor infotainment system and lack of rear seat adjustable headrests.

Its a pity that despite willingness to pay for the features, brands like Honda simply do not even offer them in their cars. It beats my mind, why.
amaheshwari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 13:07   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
After taking delivery, filled up the tank and drove straight to the Ganesha temple on Kasturba road for the customary Pooja.
Congratulations and i wish you many happy miles with your new Honda. I would even now at any day choose Honda Jazz over any other premium hatches or compact SUVs for:

1. Best Build Honda in today's time+ Jazz is a global product
2. Practicality, space, comfort, boot space and utility of every feature is well thought of
3. Best powertrain which is fun to drive+ CVT is butter smooth cherry on the cake
4. Reliability and fuss free ownership experience

With my long experience with many Hondas, the mileage is usually bit low initially and gradually improves and stays the same over life. I hope you will be easily be able to exploit 14-15KMPL in city and 17-18 in Highway.

Please do update the thread with your ownership experience. Its a priced possession (off course its very costly )
UD17 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 13:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Welcome to the Jazz club Sir. Wish you a long and peaceful ownership.
Thanks!

Quote:
Good to see people considering GNCAP ratings while choosing cars. Its one of the better built cars in the segment although kinda dated now. Am surprised looking at the OTR prices. 12L+ for VX CVT. That’s almost 1.5L more than 2019 prices when I picked it. Mine was Exclusive edition with added goodies(for 20k extra) like Leatherette seats, black alloys, black spoiler, some body graphics and jazz branded illuminated door sills.
Prices in general have gone up. C1 segment sedans cost upwards of 15L today. And there are no discounts on offer due to high demand and non-availability of chips (both go hand-in-hand).

Resale value has gone up too, which compensates in a way.

Quote:
Correction: Keyless entry-go, cruise control, fog lamps, 7 inch Digipad 2.0 with AA/AC were present in 2019 itself. Mine is a 2019 VX CVT and we have all these features.
Noted. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaheshwari View Post
Congratulations on your excellent choice.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
Congratulations and i wish you many happy miles with your new Honda.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
With my long experience with many Hondas, the mileage is usually bit low initially and gradually improves and stays the same over life. I hope you will be easily be able to exploit 14-15KMPL in city and 17-18 in Highway.
Good to know! Anything above 12 Kmpl can be considered good in Bangalore City traffic.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 10th September 2022 at 13:25.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 14:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

Very nice review. Jazz is a no nonsense city car. When I was looking for a city beater car in last Dec, I had almost finalised on Jazz. But somehow couldn’t make peace with the rear looks of current gen and small wheels. Finally went for i20 IVT.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 20:18   #14
BHPian

Congratulations for picking up a very practical car. You will enjoy your ownership of this beautiful car.

I too picked up my Jazz V CVT from Brigade Honda, Yelahanka in 2015. Over the years, the tyres have been upsized to 185/65 R15 and I have changed the infotainment system to a Sony XAV-AX5000. I am getting an average of 13 kmpl in city traffic and 15-16 kmpl on highways. The car has enough grunt for the twisties in Coorg but runs short of breath beyond 100 kmph on the highways.

Wishing you many safe miles and happiness with your Jazz.
Zen Av8r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 21:25   #15
BHPian

Loved reading this post to the end! I particularly love how the Jazz looks in this shade of white, quite upmarket as compared to the other colours. With the Polo out of the equation, I feel the Jazz would be my first pick for a premium hatch. The interior especially looks quite premium.

Wishing you many happy miles ahead with that slick CVT!
AKSarkar1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks