Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2023, 15:23   #3226
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by renzart View Post
My 2018 V cvt is painted in Milano Red and Black recently. I thought of sharing it here. Thanks.!
Looks gorgeous. Did you do the endorsement in the RC on the color change?
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 09:55   #3227

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Looks gorgeous. Did you do the endorsement in the RC on the color change?
Thanks! and yes, I took permission from RTO to change the color. It is endorsed in the new RC.
Old 6th May 2023, 21:38   #3228

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here at team-bhp. First of all I would like to mention that I am overwhelmed looking at the overall experience and knowledge of everyone out here. I am nowhere as close to the experience that folks here command, but still I would like to share my little experience here.

I recently brought home a pre-worshipped Honda Jazz CVT BS6 2020 model. After owning a 2010 i20 Sportz for over 8 years, I decided to start looking for an automatic (I am based out of Bangalore). I had the below criteria for the new car:

1. Should have a proven NA engine
2. Should have a proven automatic gearbox
3. Should have decent service network
4. Should have decent safety credentials
5. BS6 was preferred, but BS4 was also okay
6. Pre-worshipped car preferred

I finally zeroed onto 2 cars, both pre-worshipped:
A 2018 model 4th gen Honda City CVT and a 2020 model Honda Jazz CVT. My heart was bent towards the Honda City (it still is ), but it swayed towards Honda Jazz the more I thought about it.

Here was my thought process in choosing the Jazz over City:
1. The car would be driven mainly in the city. Honda Jazz would be easier to manoeuvre and park in tight spaces.
2. Jazz was BS6 while City was BS4. You never know when Mr. Gadkari comes in with a new proposal on new emission guidelines. Going with a newer norm seemed the better thing to do.
3. I would save almost 2.5-2.7 lacs by going ahead with the Jazz
4. There was a newer generation of the City(5th Gen) already available in the market

But this meant sacrificing/postponing my dream car at-least for the next 3-5 years and also settling with a smaller engine, lesser features.

Finally, my mind prevailed over heart and chose the Honda Jazz.

I look forward to engaging with all of you and share my experience of the Honda Jazz ownership in the future.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th May 2023 at 16:27. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post.
carnab is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 15:48   #3229

I have a few questions here for the fellow Jazz owners out here:

1. I have the BS6 V CVT model which does not come with electronically folding ORVMs. Is it possible to get that added from the ASCs? Any idea about the costs involved?

2. Does anyone experience a loud thudding sound while lowering the windows( esp. the front ones). The sound I experience is higher when being rolled down for the first time in the day. And this only happens in the initial button push and then gradually becomes normal. Is this normal or doe the rain visors have a role to play here?

3. The car comes with a small head unit(non-touch), which in my opinion does its job well. It has a good tactile feel, runs radio, has BT connectivity and has decent clarity for the rear view camera. But it misses navigation as a feature. Should I upgrade to a new touchscreen system (I have shortlisted the Pioneer 5290)? My car is still under warranty and I am not sure if a new touchscreen infotainment system would make the warranty void. OR should I just install a magnetic phone holder and use the phone instead?
carnab is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 18:26   #3230

Mod note: back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Also trim quote text it helps with readability of the post. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnab View Post
====
OR should I just install a magnetic phone holder and use the phone instead?
Have you tried using Android Auto / Apple Carplay ? it's fairly decent and gets the job done.. I have used Spigen Kuel QS11 Quad Car Phone Mount and it does a decent job to hold the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
35k Service Update

Service Details
- There was a minor dent on the boot lid; since the metal seemed to exposed, got it painted
Thanks for sharing the all these details !
If you don't mind sharing , what's the panel for which the painting was done ? was it done in the Honda Service Center or Outside ? How much did it cost ?

Thank you in advance !

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th May 2023 at 19:02. Reason: back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
Old 9th May 2023, 10:55   #3231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi_k_b View Post
[b]

Thanks for sharing the all these details !
If you don't mind sharing , what's the panel for which the painting was done ? was it done in the Honda Service Center or Outside ? How much did it cost ?

Thank you in advance !
The hatch door. I got it the full hatch repainted outside.
Costed about 5k
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 10:57   #3232

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
The hatch door. I got it the full hatch repainted outside.
Costed about 5k

Thanks for sharing ! I had to get my right quarter panel repainted . The Magnum Honda ( Kanakapura road ) folks charged me 8k for it. Not sure if these prices are standardized or if there would be any room for negotiation.
Old 9th May 2023, 13:11   #3233
Senior - BHPian

Just back from a 1100kms trip over last 3 days on the Jazz CVT. Happy to report the car performed exceedingly well.

+ Performance on highways is decent if you maintain 80-90kmph typically. Quick overtaking in D mode is challenging, so sports mode helps here.
+ ACC performed okay-ish. Maintained 24 degrees throughout the trip through Karnataka & AP. Nobody complained.
+ Around 200+ kms of ghat roads and narrow forest roads. Using sports mode is good here for engine braking on downhills rather than too much of brakes.
+ Cruise control is a boon on smooth highways.
+ Mileage with full load(4 adults+ 1 child & full boot) was a little over 15kmpl.

- The wiper blade rubber quality is iffy. The rubber strip tore off itself after long usage. We had rains for like 250kms all 3 days combined. I am on 2nd set in 4 years and 19000kms of ownership.

- As already established this engine isn’t meant for brisk performance. Light foot is what it demands. Sports mode is a bit of fun but nothing compared to Polo TSI and all.

This happens to be my longest self driven trip(1100kms) & return journey was around 555kms in a day(180kms ghats/villages, 375kms highways) which again is my personal best now.

Trip details link here (Bangalore - Srisailam - Hyderabad : Route Queries)
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_1028.jpeg  

Last edited by SoumenD : 9th May 2023 at 13:13.
SoumenD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 17:08   #3234
BHPian

Re: Jazzing up the Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I have to see how the car holds up long term, but the improvement in drivability is so good after the remap that it feels worthy of the 25K I paid for it.
Hello Buddy, interested to know how the car is doing now? I myself was looking at a used Jazz CVT. But the performance is really poor though it have paddle shifters and good built.

A Jazz with good low end torque would be a nice combo.
Old 16th June 2023, 10:16   #3235
BHPian

Re: Jazzing up the Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopvk268 View Post
Hello Buddy, interested to know how the car is doing now? I myself was looking at a used Jazz CVT. But the performance is really poor though it have paddle shifters and good built.

A Jazz with good low end torque would be a nice combo.
The car is doing fine. I have not had any problems. Average fuel efficiency is around 12km/l. The increased low-end torque makes city driving very effortless.
But don't go looking for a performance car. The absolute power gain is not very significant, just that the torque is shifted to the lower rpms
Old 16th June 2023, 16:39   #3236
BHPian

Congratulations on getting a lovely Car. You had the i20 (elite?) and how do you feel about this car. An old thread (Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20)between this two had lot of discussions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnab View Post

1. I have the BS6 V CVT model which does not come with electronically folding ORVMs. Is it possible to get that added from the ASCs? Any idea about the costs involved?
There is a round button in the door pad ahead of the power window switch which will fold the mirrors in and out. Do not expect auto fold. This never came for Jazz.

Quote:
2. Does anyone experience a loud thudding sound while lowering the windows( esp. the front ones).
The thud sound is due to the dried up window channel. Take it to ASC or an FNG and ask them to grease the channel. This will reduce the sound but will not totally eliminate it. That sound is a trait for Jazz.

Quote:
3. The car comes with a small head unit(non-touch), which in my opinion does its job well.
This is a good unit and does its job pretty well. IThe BT function is too good in this unit. You can upgrade it to an Android unit, but you might lose the Steering wheel button functions.

Quote:
should I just install a magnetic phone holder and use the phone instead?
I will second this option. I used to do the same thing when I had my Jazz V.

Last edited by saisree : 16th June 2023 at 16:44.
Old 16th June 2023, 22:35   #3237
BHPian

1. I am planning to service my 2017 Jazz VX MT coming week. It has run 6 years and 28000kms. Last service was on 5 years, 24000kms. No complaints.

72 months seems to be an important service. According to 72 months (6 years) service schedule, need to change spark plug, change MT transmission fluid, replace brake fluid which are all not there in 30000km schedule. Which one will the service centre follow? 30000km or 72 months?

2. Planning to add engine under cover. Is it available in Honda service centre or better to order in Boodmo and get it fixed in nearby garage? Anyone fixed it?

3. It's time for wheel balancing and rotation. Whether to give the job to Honda service centre or do it in nearby dedicated tyre shop?

4. Trying to upgrade to a better horn as the stock horn is weak. Any advise please?

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd June 2023, 09:12   #3238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldian View Post
one can get 2018 Jazz in range of 7L - 7.5L for different variants and add 50k for a 2019 model. These are Banglore market assumptions. Adjust as per your home market and availability accordingly.
I am getting ZX variant of 2021 run only 6k km for under 10L in Blr. It is a CVT

Is it worth to plonk a million INR in it?

The basic assumption on the mechanicals is what can be wrong in 6k km.

Looking for some wisdom on making up mind!
Old 23rd June 2023, 21:43   #3239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
I am getting ZX variant of 2021 run only 6k km for under 10L in Blr. It is a CVT

For a clean car with verifiable service history and no visible issues, I would have no problem even if it’s for 50k more than going market value. If Honda still offers anytime warranty on Jazz that you can subscribe, and can verify service history - this one could easily be one to make it to your final list to negotiate further. Hope you are not planning short term beater for 2-3 years as resale value might take a hit in sort term. Please do update on what you decide. All the best.
Haldian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 23:14   #3240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post

I would say no. It's a really lethargic engine though the gearbox is smooth.
You would get a bigger and better S-cross with better driving dynamics and revv happy engine at same price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks