Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2023, 15:37   #3241
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldian View Post
Hope you are not planning short term beater for 2-3 years as resale value might take a hit in sort term. Please do update on what you decide. All the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopvk268 View Post
I would say no. It's a really lethargic engine though the gearbox is smooth.
You would get a bigger and better S-cross with better driving dynamics and revv happy engine at same price.
Two contradicting quotes. I did check the service history and bumped in to the SA this morning who actually carried out a repair on this vehicle. There was a rat issue in Apr this year and the previous owner ended up spending nearly 50K getting the complete wire harness changed. The SA had the photos in his mobile and even confirmed that they removed 1 dead and 1 alive rat when the car came in.

How does this compare to the Kiger CVT top end? New 2023 showroom piece at 13.4L plus hoping to get some Renault finance at 5% which helps take care of the extra 30% capital shell out.

Certainly build of Jazz is better but drivability of the turbo on Kiger + high ground clearance + servicing having its peace of mind with Kiger since it's an in-production vehicle. Intend to keep the vehicle for at least 5 to 6 years.

Any updated words of wisdom?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th July 2023 at 14:54. Reason: Typos and punctuation.
Old 28th June 2023, 15:48   #3242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Two contradicting quotes. I did check the service history and bumped in to the SA this morning who actually carried out a repair on this vehicle. There was a rat issue in Apr this year and the previous owner ended up spending nearly 50K getting the complete wire harness changed. The SA had the photos in his mobile and even confirmed that they removed 1 dead and 1 alive rat when the car came in.

How does this compare to the Kiger CVT top end? New 2023 showroom piece at 13.4L plus hoping to get some Renault finance at 5% which helps take care of the extra 30% capital shell out.

Certainly build of Jazz is better but drivability of the turbo on Kiger + high ground clearance + servicing having its peace of mind with Kiger since it's an in-production vehicle. Intend to keep the vehicle for at least 5 to 6 years.

Any updated words of wisdom?
Jazz is a really good car for city especially if you are sedate driver. I personally didn't like Jazz because of the engine and the low end performance.
But 10l for a discontinued model is on the higher side.
I recently looked at Jazz when looking for a used car about 10l. The lack of low end performance put me off, I was sure that the lack of power will create a new car itch very soon in me.
Especially when I can get a more powerful S cross or Yaris or slightly older City at the same price.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th July 2023 at 14:54. Reason: quoted post edited.
Old 28th June 2023, 15:57   #3243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopvk268 View Post
Jazz is a really good car for city especially if you are sedate driver. I personally didn't like Jazz because of the engine and the low end performance.
But 10l for a discontinued model is on the higher side.

Especially when I can get a more powerful S cross or Yaris or slightly older City at the same price.
Thanks for the quick revert. Now this is adding to my confusion

This is going be the replacement for the 2nd car at home - the humble Celerio AMT. All good with this one till now but 8 years on and AMT / clutch troubles, itch to go outside Maruti since service cost are now more or less at par with other Jap's and European's.

So, big size or a high low end torque vehicle is ruled out. Fuel efficiency diff was large in 2015 but with Petrol cost going up beyond 100, the net saving is hardly 1500 bucks per month on AMT vs CVT.

Kiger looked big but a test drive put a smile on my better half and my mothers face.

Although they too are not able to make their minds b/w the 2.
Old 28th June 2023, 16:08   #3244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Thanks for the quick revert. Now this is adding to my confusion

This is going be the replacement for the 2nd car at home - the humble Celerio AMT. All good with this one till now but 8 years on and AMT / clutch troubles, itch to go outside Maruti since service cost are now more or less at par with other Jap's and European's.

So, big size or a high low end torque vehicle is ruled out. Fuel efficiency diff was large in 2015 but with Petrol cost going up beyond 100, the net saving is hardly 1500 bucks per month on AMT vs CVT.

Kiger looked big but a test drive put a smile on my better half and my mothers face.

Although they too are not able to make their minds b/w the 2.
Well yeah Jazz is much better and smoother than Celerio.
I have rented Kiger CVT zoom car during our Maharashtra trip. The rubber band effect was well contained in it. But the interiors felt cheep compared to Jazz.
I would say Kiger rides better than Jazz but feels cheaper inside.

Since you are okay with used cars and planning to keep the car for 6 years,i would suggest to look at S-cross,Yaris, Amaze diesel CVT etc as well.
And if you are ready to take risk then Ecosport is still a great package. Smooth TC gearbox with excellent fit and finish.
Old 11th July 2023, 14:41   #3245
BANNED

premium fuel

Thinking of moving completely to premium fuel on 1 2 L CVT BS IV model.

IndianOil has XP97 and XP 100 premium / high octane petrol in the market. Here in Kochi, while most outlets have 97, only the one at Vytilla on SA road has XP100 And none / not all pumps have both. And octane value of premium fuel from other brands seems to differ. (I'm not sure of this anyway - the vehicle is lot more smoother on xp100 is all I understand).

What are the to-dos for using premium fuel? Like, is it ok to use it from different brands? Is it ok to use premium fuel of different octave values - like XP 97 on on top up and XP 100 on another and then normal fuel on a third tank up?

We have 3-4 threads on premium fuel, but all are bit old. None have been updated since bio fuel blending has commenced. Not sure if some other relevant thread exists. So asking this here.

TIA.
Old 20th July 2023, 19:32   #3246
Senior - BHPian

Phew!!! Finally crossed 20k mark after 4 years & 3 months. Talk about under-utilization

Honda Jazz : Official Review-capture.jpg

Nothing new to add compared to what I had added in the 3 year update post(link below). Pros and cons remain the same.
Link (Honda Jazz : Official Review)

Last edited by SoumenD : 20th July 2023 at 19:49.
SoumenD is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 21:53   #3247
BANNED

Have a real bad rust problem on 2019 jazz. The area around where the front shock absorber attaches has corroded. The SA says it is due to hard water used in car washing. The small scratches on door just above the running board have eaten into the sheet and the doors need replacement.

The body work estimate is yet to come. The shock absorber needs to be replaced and the estimate is ₹12k.

Apparently, water from the front wind shield falls on this area inside the engine bay causing corrosion (if the vehicle is left standing for a couple of days after a wash - happens in my case often). Got my taxi wala to open hood of his Zest and the shock absorber bolts have a cover that does not allow water to accumulate.

I live in an apartment complex and the car is washed by a set of people 3 times a week. Other cars they wash do not have this issue.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 21:00   #3248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

Apparently, water from the front wind shield falls on this area inside the engine bay causing corrosion (if the vehicle is left standing for a couple of days after a wash - happens in my case often). Got my taxi wala to open hood of his Zest and the shock absorber bolts have a cover that does not allow water to accumulate.
Can you please post some pictures? This is good information which can be helpful for many.

Thanks! 😊
Old 30th July 2023, 23:07   #3249
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Can you please post some pictures? This is good information which can be helpful for many.
Not sure how a pic from one plus Nord will do justice to this. It was a bright sunny day, and the object to be focused is in comparative darkeness. Still, here you go.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20230730_224104_whatsapp2.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20230730_224042_whatsapp2.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20230730_224008_whatsapp2.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20230730_224124_whatsapp2.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20230730_224113_whatsapp2.jpg

As an aside, three years back, somebody had posted an image of how sloppy the paint job below the hood was. We had pooh poohed him then. Did any body notice that there is no paint at all on the underside of the hood in the show piece of the new to - be- launched Elevate?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st July 2023 at 05:18. Reason: Elegant > Elevate
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 19:01   #3250

Sharing my brief thoughts on the recent service update for my Jazz:

Just completed the 48-month/40,000 km service last week. This was the first service following the adjusted 12-month interval for my MY2019 car. At the time of service, the odometer reading was just over 40,000 km.

During this service, I adhered strictly to the manual, including the change of CVT oil. The total cost came to INR 9,467, which included some discounts on the labor charges. While the service was performed competently, there was a notable attempt at upselling.

For instance, I was advised to replace the brake pads immediately, as they were projected to last only an additional 1,000 km. Although tempted, I hesitated due to the steep cost of INR 8,000 for this replacement. Ultimately, I decided against it.

Another recommendation was to recharge and inspect the battery's distilled water level, at a cost of INR 800. However, since the battery had been replaced just a month prior, I declined this offer.

Despite declining these additional services, I must commend the quality of the work performed. Icing on the cake was the next scheduled service date which is in August next year.

On a separate note, the stock tires have reached the end of their lifespan. I'm considering an upgrade to 195/60 R15 tires, with the Conti UC6 model leading the choices. With any luck, I hope to have this upgrade completed within the next week or two.
Parts007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 13:17   #3251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parts007 View Post
Sharing my brief thoughts on the recent service update for my Jazz:

While the service was performed competently, there was a notable attempt at upselling.

For instance, I was advised to replace the brake pads immediately, as they were projected to last only an additional 1,000 km. Although tempted, I hesitated due to the steep cost of INR 8,000 for this replacement. Ultimately, I decided against it.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Just curious - how to ascertain whether something as safety critical as brake pads really needs replacement or is it up-selling ?
Old 24th August 2023, 20:01   #3252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
brake pads really needs replacement or is it up-selling ?
Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20230824_193739_drive.jpg

This was the quote given for the replacement. What put me off was the replacement for disc brakes as well. You can see the second last line item. I quickly had a search on the web and then with my local FNG. The answer that i got was, brake pads can worn out on wear & tear but the disc should last longer.

Checked the same with my ASS, they said I have to change it all and not restrict myself only to brake pads. This was not okay for me and hence denied the request. I am anyway planning to get it inspected at my FNG and change the brakepads if needed.
Parts007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 21:52   #3253
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians and Jazz owners. I have finalized a used Honda Jazz V CVT model, Feb 2016 Registration and run 72k Kms from Cars 24. What do I need to check before I take the delivery?
I am assured about the iVTEC engine, but would the CVT transmission be still reliable after 7-8 years? Do I need to change the CVT fluid in it?
Old 18th September 2023, 08:31   #3254
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz 37k Update

35k Update Here (Honda Jazz : Official Review)

Needed to get the HSRP Plate fixed for the Jazz and thought that I will get the now annual service also done.

While there were a couple of irritating issues, I decided to just get a basic service and be done.

Things that need to be done but were not:
  • Horn changes tone like a pubescent teen. Relay is probably shot.
  • The rear hatch door, on the other hand, belongs to a senile car. It does not fully rise
  • The rear wiper is like a teen ager - it is recalcitrant. Does a half ass job of cleaning

On the other hand, I explicitly told them not to do anything that I do not explicitly authorize. (There is a new scam around this; more on that later) Accordingly, I authorized engine oil replacement and regular maintenance.

What was done
- I booked for the HSRP plates via the siam.in site and it was ready. (I got a message the previous day that it was installed!). It is very irritating that there is no official place to check if the laser tag on the plate is actually mapped to the car in question. Or to the registration even. Other than that, the HSRP installation went quite smoothly

Service details:
Honda Jazz : Official Review-37k-jazz-1.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-37k-jazz-2.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-37k-jazz-3.jpg

They also added a "Evaporator Cleaning" and charged me 3k for it. I got it removed.

The scam?

Remember I told you that he showed me a list of services that I approved? After that the SA sent me 'the same' sheet on mail. When I went to collect the car, they said we have sent what we agreed on mail and hence you have to pay as it is "authorized by you".

I blew a gasket and rained blue fire on them.

They removed it.

SO PLEASE WATCH OUT AT WHITEFIELD HONDA. THEY ARE ACTIVELY SCAMMING YOU. NOT JUST SKIMING SERVICES BUT CHEATING YOU OUTRIGHT

(Sorry for screaming. Had to get it off my chest)

I also asked for the report from the Honda diagnostic scan (₹ 650). After I asked they ran it and gave me screenshots (!). Attached below. I am reasonably certain they did not run it before as I have a OBD port tool to close the doors automatically. It was still on the port when I asked for the scan.

The 'diagnostic report' below:

Honda Jazz : Official Review-37k-jazz-honda-diagnostic-scan-1.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-37k-jazz-honda-diagnostic-scan-2.jpg

DTC = "Digital Trouble Code", apparently

Statistics
Basic Stats
Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20230918_082456_my-cars.png

Averages
Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20230918_082506_my-cars.png

Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20230918_082512_my-cars.png

Summary

The car is excellent.

The service is technically ok but absolutely no honesty at all. Not sure if any other Honda dealer would be any better.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 19:23   #3255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince707 View Post
Hello fellow BHPians and Jazz owners. I have finalized a used Honda Jazz V CVT model, Feb 2016 Registration and run 72k Kms from Cars 24. What do I need to check before I take the delivery?
I am assured about the iVTEC engine, but would the CVT transmission be still reliable after 7-8 years? Do I need to change the CVT fluid in it?
If possible, get the registration number and check from Honda how the car has been serviced. If required pay for a detailed report. The CVT fluid in jazz should be drained and refilled every 2 years. If this has been done religiously, there's no need to worry with the transmission IMO.

Also check the belts in the engine bay for visual signs of degradation. Check if there's screeching when you engage the AC. Check if there's a rough idle on a cold start.
blackasta is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks